Comments
1 - 20 of 60 Comments Last updated Jan 9, 2013
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Candy

Kenton, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Oct 16, 2012
 
Over the last couple of days I have noticed a gentleman digging in the dumpster behind a housing complex. Is this legal?

Since: Jul 12

Van Wert, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Oct 16, 2012
 
During the last great depression, it was not uncommon for people to dig through trash for survival. We're already in an economy much worse than then. On the positive, he's not breaking into your home.
Candy

Kenton, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Oct 16, 2012
 
He does not appear to be looking for cans or any other recyclable. He just opens the bags, looks thru old papers, pulls out a couple objects of interest and litters the parking lot with the uninteresting bits. I do not believe it is for survival, I was told that he lives in the complex. Several of the residents find it bother some.
Resident

Kenton, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Oct 16, 2012
 

Judged:

1

Candy wrote:
He does not appear to be looking for cans or any other recyclable. He just opens the bags, looks thru old papers, pulls out a couple objects of interest and litters the parking lot with the uninteresting bits. I do not believe it is for survival, I was told that he lives in the complex. Several of the residents find it bother some.
I believe you are talking about my building. Yes it is bothersome to see him out there every day. I never throw anything away in the trash that I would not want seen by the public eye, however I do feel as if its an invasion of sort. Particular when this man displays what you have disregarded on the property. And even tho you make a valid point Joe about the depression and he is not breaking into my home. It is still unsettling. And no Candy I have never seen him do any sort of recycling. I believe he does it more to gain knowledge on the people in the building. He is a unhealthy sole, that would benefit from counseling. My girlfriend and I have considered moving just so we do not have anymore incounters with him. His wife is a lovely women, bless her for dealing with his crazy ways. She has always been kind to my girlfriend and I. She deserves a metal

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Oct 16, 2012
 
Resident wrote:
<quoted text> I believe you are talking about my building. Yes it is bothersome to see him out there every day. I never throw anything away in the trash that I would not want seen by the public eye, however I do feel as if its an invasion of sort. Particular when this man displays what you have disregarded on the property. And even tho you make a valid point Joe about the depression and he is not breaking into my home. It is still unsettling. And no Candy I have never seen him do any sort of recycling. I believe he does it more to gain knowledge on the people in the building. He is a unhealthy sole, that would benefit from counseling. My girlfriend and I have considered moving just so we do not have anymore incounters with him. His wife is a lovely women, bless her for dealing with his crazy ways. She has always been kind to my girlfriend and I. She deserves a metal
you know if your unhappy about that old man digging though your trash you need to steep up and be a man and slap him up side his head and tell him if you see him do it again you will do it again or just be a puss and move lol
Crap Town

Kenton, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Oct 16, 2012
 
Cool daddy does kind of have a point. Man the hell up and ask him why he is doing it. Maybe it isn't for recycling, but maybe it is for some sort of survival means. just go ask the guy. Hell, tell me where and what building and I'll go ask the freaking guy and post the answer if it's that important.
Candy

Kenton, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Oct 17, 2012
 
All interesting answers. But not one is what I original asked. Is it legal?
Resident

Kenton, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Oct 17, 2012
 
Given I have no desire, to harm the sick or elderly. I believe slapping him upside the head is out of the question.
Just Me

Kenton, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Oct 17, 2012
 
Digging through the trash is legal. Once you have placed an item or items in the trash, you make those items free to the public. Now someone cannot come to my back yard and get into my trash cans there, but once I put them to the curb it's fair game. This is the reason we have a cheap paper shredder, and we sharpie out our address on the backs of magazines "just in case".

However it is illegal if he is throwing the trash on the ground. Once it's on the ground and he doesn't pick it up, it's littering. To stop it though you will have to take pictures of the dumpster before the gentleman is there, him there, and either call the police then or wait and take pics of the trash he leaves on the ground then report him to the landlord.
Candy

Kenton, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Oct 17, 2012
 
Just Me wrote:
Digging through the trash is legal. Once you have placed an item or items in the trash, you make those items free to the public. Now someone cannot come to my back yard and get into my trash cans there, but once I put them to the curb it's fair game. This is the reason we have a cheap paper shredder, and we sharpie out our address on the backs of magazines "just in case".
However it is illegal if he is throwing the trash on the ground. Once it's on the ground and he doesn't pick it up, it's littering. To stop it though you will have to take pictures of the dumpster before the gentleman is there, him there, and either call the police then or wait and take pics of the trash he leaves on the ground then report him to the landlord.
Thank you
its me

Kenton, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
Oct 17, 2012
 
Welcome back no name! Been wonderin about you, hope everything is ok. CR and coffee time! Here's to you!
cromwell

Kenton, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#21
Oct 17, 2012
 
a dive into a dumpster of strippers would be cool.
joke

Lima, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#23
Oct 17, 2012
 
iriquOOi wrote:
greetings from coal hill n. c. i see all you hilljacks/jills are up and half awake, lmao, as usual you show your professional jealously by trying to play little shut games. lmao when it comes to brain games i own you, i invented them, now put on your big girlie panties, backwards as usual, lmfao. your bib overalls to keep the stink in, huh, and get a real job as in work, which you know nothing about, and clean your dogbox. oh yes, grow up so you wont be sueing the kittie citie for building the sidewalk so close to your ass. move it on out, lmfao. actually the man was getting your next n. o. c. box ready for you.later wannabees.
Hey dumbass, you are not in NC, just check your location under your name.
BigCat

Ripley, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#26
Oct 17, 2012
 
Would this guys last name happen to be Lightner?

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#29
Oct 17, 2012
 
Resident wrote:
Given I have no desire, to harm the sick or elderly. I believe slapping him upside the head is out of the question.
ok then just ask him why quit crying about it he may have a good reason
just me

Ada, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#32
Oct 17, 2012
 
Resident wrote:
<quoted text> I believe you are talking about my building. Yes it is bothersome to see him out there every day. I never throw anything away in the trash that I would not want seen by the public eye, however I do feel as if its an invasion of sort. Particular when this man displays what you have disregarded on the property. And even tho you make a valid point Joe about the depression and he is not breaking into my home. It is still unsettling. And no Candy I have never seen him do any sort of recycling. I believe he does it more to gain knowledge on the people in the building. He is a unhealthy sole, that would benefit from counseling. My girlfriend and I have considered moving just so we do not have anymore incounters with him. His wife is a lovely women, bless her for dealing with his crazy ways. She has always been kind to my girlfriend and I. She deserves a metal
I put clothes in boxes for him to go through on outside of dumptster. nut yeah its creepy how he hangs the stuffed animals he finds on the power cords and collects alot to store in and under his truck. dont think its illegal just gross but his life
its me

Kenton, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#33
Oct 17, 2012
 
just me wrote:
<quoted text>I put clothes in boxes for him to go through on outside of dumptster. nut yeah its creepy how he hangs the stuffed animals he finds on the power cords and collects alot to store in and under his truck. dont think its illegal just gross but his life
Then everybody leave him the frick alone! Aint hurtin no one. You people wanna watch somebody there are plenty of low life druggies and thieves.
Candy

Medina, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#34
Oct 17, 2012
 
I'm sure you would enjoy walking out of your building or home with you wife, kids or parents and seeing someone dig thru dirty diapers, tampons and expired food. Perhaps he could come to your house
Thick dick

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#35
Oct 17, 2012
 
Throw you used tampons in there. That will stop him.

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#36
Oct 17, 2012
 
Candy wrote:
I'm sure you would enjoy walking out of your building or home with you wife, kids or parents and seeing someone dig thru dirty diapers, tampons and expired food. Perhaps he could come to your house
you tell them the same thing when you go to wendys drive though and see some one with an needle sticking out of there arm passed out your in kenton kids look the other way lol

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

17 Users are viewing the Kenton Forum right now

Search the Kenton Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
OH Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Ohio in 2... (Oct '10) 22 min gary 2,225
OH Who do you support for Governor in Ohio in 2010? (Oct '10) 35 min half breed 29,419
josh at dollar general 1 hr megan 10
The Dealers Saloon 4 hr kentonite 2
who is Ryan Brightman? 6 hr just curious 1
steve treen 7 hr hello 4
Three-Somes 9 hr kemmere 26
•••
•••
•••
Kenton Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Kenton Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Kenton People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Kenton News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Kenton
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••