best athletes from hardin county
Top of my Head

Marysville, OH

#21 Jan 6, 2011
true wrote:
I have to agree on these ones, but these were all football players. What about the other sports here? I noticed no girls, no soccer players, no wrestlers, cross country, volleyball, softball, or baseball players. Seriously, is that all you guys care about in Kenton is football players? How lame. Is that the only sport in Kenton? I forgot swimming.
I realize that most of the ones I posted are football players. That's because I don't follow many other sports. No harm intended. Basketball - the only one I can think of that was amazing is Garrick Sherman. Plenty of others, I just don't know them. Swimming, I know the Kaufman kids were very good. Hayden Marshall is good. Let's hear some more! Track - Andrew Tillman, Gene Gaskins, Daniel Lombardo, so many but I need help remembering. Girls track - I'm lost on that one. Mari Bennett. Shaley Sexton. Audrey Miller. Cross Country and Golf - I have no idea. It's nice to see people remembering former great athletes. Keep posting. We've had some good ones.
the man

Sugar Grove, OH

#22 Jan 6, 2011
Top of my Head wrote:
<quoted text>
I realize that most of the ones I posted are football players. That's because I don't follow many other sports. No harm intended. Basketball - the only one I can think of that was amazing is Garrick Sherman. Plenty of others, I just don't know them. Swimming, I know the Kaufman kids were very good. Hayden Marshall is good. Let's hear some more! Track - Andrew Tillman, Gene Gaskins, Daniel Lombardo, so many but I need help remembering. Girls track - I'm lost on that one. Mari Bennett. Shaley Sexton. Audrey Miller. Cross Country and Golf - I have no idea. It's nice to see people remembering former great athletes. Keep posting. We've had some good ones.
we did have a state title in golf bout 12 years ago

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#23 Jan 6, 2011
Mitch Collins was on that team.... for golf.

I wanted to mention Dave Mabrey for track.
idiotic samurai

Canton, OH

#24 Jan 6, 2011
the golf team never won the state title I think they won the league title. Also it would have been like 15 years ago. I've been out of school 13 years and mitch collins graduated before me. Lindsay newman was pretty good at track. Also kellie molk was good at basketball and track
Nice

Kenton, OH

#25 Jan 6, 2011
Chuck Handell (track) Hardin Northern yrs ago
just my opinion

United States

#26 Jan 6, 2011
old man wrote:
how about the Ross girl, she was tough in softball,Mike Shope,Larry wright, Randy Patton,Mike Clark,Ron Morrison,David Stuck, Chuck Shope,THE KID THAT POLE VAULTED for the polar bears,Kenton 800 relay teams, so many great athletes here in the county, USV had two champion basketball teams the same year, never before has this ever happened, so proud of our athletes here in good ole hardin county.
actually the usv girls team in 93 and 94 won back to back state titles and didn't really graduate any one in between those years...as I recall there were two or three girls that were stand outs in multi sports...just sayin
John Brace

Marysville, OH

#27 Jan 6, 2011
Dave Mabrey is my half brother he is 44 years old now and still holds a record or 2 in track for kenton
gary r kenton

Sunbury, OH

#28 Jan 7, 2011
john brace holds arecord for drinking the most mixed drinks at jeannies silver dollar in 1 hr
old man

Marysville, OH

#29 Jan 7, 2011
does anyone remember coach Geezman? heck of a football coach.I would also like to say that USV had girls and boys state champion basketball teams in the same year.I also know that kenton was really good in track, i think the kid's name was larry rogers, he was very fast, bob oldham was really fast too.also mike merchant in basketball.Also, didn't kenton have a semi-pro baseball team? kenton reds
cabaret

Cleveland, OH

#30 Jan 9, 2011
Nice wrote:
Chuck Handell (track) Hardin Northern yrs ago
he may have been good then but he sure is a LOSER nowadays
idiotic samurai

United States

#31 Jan 9, 2011
Look at the title. Who cares what he is now. We are talking about great athlets. Maybe we should do a where are they now
man from glad

Marysville, OH

#32 Jan 9, 2011
Randy Phillips he still holds the high jump record of 6'3 7/8 from ridgemont from 1970 his highest was 6'5 in practice.
how about

United States

#33 Jan 9, 2011
mark molk, kelli molk, jeremy,tisha,mark, matt,nate,lulu manns, michelle ray, silver and shiloh archer, ben and maty mauk, brandon cornell, amber polen, kylie rogers, pat potts, mike morrison, mitch hommel, amanda hemmerly, derek kennear, tj metzger, megan young, jennifer elsesser, dan kemmery, renee mc cullough, anne sprang, matt brown, sean root, tyler keckler (may his little sould rip),dj burris, hailey blevins and the list goes on and on....kenton has had alot of very good athlets reguardless if they have went on to do something great w it or just in high school.
true

Versailles, OH

#34 Jan 9, 2011
Top of my Head wrote:
<quoted text>
Okay, Audrey Miller is just a freshman this year. You have no idea how she is going to do in track. You must be Shelly. What a joke. Daylan Campbell, Corey Manns, Sean Kleinfelter, Tommy Petitt, Shane Kleman, Billy Cozad, and alot more. For soccer, Wes Goldsmith, Sam Albert, Ryan Levergne, Aaron Johnson, Corey Minter, Austin Adams, Zach Audette, Lance Taylor and many more. You guys are so into football you forget about other sports. Read the paper once in awhile and you will see who is named for WBL awards.
really

United States

#35 Jan 9, 2011
true wrote:
<quoted text>
Okay, Audrey Miller is just a freshman this year. You have no idea how she is going to do in track. You must be Shelly. What a joke. Daylan Campbell, Corey Manns, Sean Kleinfelter, Tommy Petitt, Shane Kleman, Billy Cozad, and alot more. For soccer, Wes Goldsmith, Sam Albert, Ryan Levergne, Aaron Johnson, Corey Minter, Austin Adams, Zach Audette, Lance Taylor and many more. You guys are so into football you forget about other sports. Read the paper once in awhile and you will see who is named for WBL awards.
WOW were you talking athletes or convicts with that top list I got confused.
true

Versailles, OH

#36 Jan 9, 2011
really wrote:
<quoted text>
WOW were you talking athletes or convicts with that top list I got confused.
They were good when they were in school. Of course some of them got introuble after they graduated. At the sametime they were good.
really

Medina, OH

#37 Jan 10, 2011
true wrote:
<quoted text>
They were good when they were in school. Of course some of them got introuble after they graduated. At the sametime they were good.
AFTER THEY GRADUATED?? really? if I recall campbell,.manns, cozad and kleman were all in trouble during football season, maybe not shane but the rest for sure. they all could of been alot better had they not gotten into
trouble tho.
hyb134

Marysville, OH

#38 Jan 10, 2011
iriquoi wrote:
<quoted text>who pitched the only no hitter in little league 2nd farm, ask bob reel, he was the ump.i got the score sheet.
Little league 2nd farm is coach pitch my friend
hyb134

Marysville, OH

#39 Jan 10, 2011
dunkirk dude wrote:
hey' top of my head is that tony osbun didn't make nfl to stupid to rember plays i heard
Hey retard when he played the NFL didn't eddies and he went pro
hyb134

Marysville, OH

#40 Jan 10, 2011
true wrote:
<quoted text>Okay, Audrey Miller is just a freshman this year. You have no idea how she is going to do in track. You must be Shelly. What a joke. Daylan Campbell, Corey Manns, Sean Kleinfelter, Tommy Petitt, Shane Kleman, Billy Cozad, and alot more. For soccer, Wes Goldsmith, Sam Albert, Ryan Levergne, Aaron Johnson, Corey Minter, Austin Adams, Zach Audette, Lance Taylor and many more. You guys are so into football you forget about other sports. Read the paper once in awhile and you will see who is named for WBL awards.
Audrey miller is a sophomore

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Kenton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Heroin pushers 8 min Time4change 5
Autumn cottonswab (Sep '15) 11 min Jessica 73
who is Danielle LaWarre? 1 hr bobby cummins 2
jimmys pizza 1 hr jimmy 15
Arty petitts new girlfriend 2 hr Tabitha 17
The evil witch took my kids away from me! 3 hr THEREALBIGT 17
George HW Bush=HERO!!! (Oct '10) 3 hr Ray 19

Kenton Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance