letter from ridgemont joke

letter from ridgemont joke

Posted in the Kenton Forum

no stupid

United States

#1 Feb 23, 2012
Wait now they blame kids leaving the school because they voted down the new school last year oh my you think we are stupid to believe that. you raised the income tax now you keep trying for a new school after the people spoke there dissatisfaction with the school and voted NO that taxes are high enough gas prices climbing where are we too come up with the extra money stop clothing our kids stop eating. No we will just move out and its not because it was voted down its because people can't afford more and more
Hum

Versailles, OH

#2 Feb 23, 2012
Vote yes and pay around 24 mills or vote no and if Ridgemont district disbands and is absorbed by surrounding schools you will pay 28.11 for kenton, 26.49 Ben Logan, 32.60 north Union and 33.68 for Elgin. Even if you open enroll your kid to Kenton or Ben Logan you would be better off to vote yes pay the lower mills for Ridgemont District and still send your kid to the other districts and pay less in taxes then that School Districts landowners do. The open enrollees parents would be stupid to vote no. Their the ones getting the tax bargain to send their kids elsewhere!
joke

United States

#3 Feb 23, 2012
Pay pay pay when will it stop. VOTE NO. Why do we a small town try to compete with a big town so because they do we do that's what is wrong with the system got to keep up with the jones
facebook

United States

#5 Feb 24, 2012
Wow just seen a pic on ridgemont in Facebook high-school office to small lmao so we need a new school my girls have the same bedroom but I can't afford to build me a new house and never will in this school district if they keep raising taxes a office lol get out we don't pay you to sit on your butt all day its a school for kids and learning not a big comfortable office. VOTE NO
fact

Fremont, OH

#6 Feb 24, 2012
Saying gas prices going to 5.00 where in Mt. victory are jobs over 10.00 let alone a job to suport a new school? No wonder people are moving out that means higher taxes for the uneducated who stay cause there is no jobs but welfare

Here are some fact they do not want you to know Ridgemont pays more in income tax than any other joining schools:
Ben Logan nothing,
Elgin .75%
North Union 1%
Kenton 1.5%
RIDGEMONT 1.75
none

Kenton, OH

#7 Feb 24, 2012
Ben Logan's school tax is included in the propert tax of the homeowner.
upset Ridgemont tax payer

Bluffton, OH

#8 Feb 25, 2012
We also pay property taxes AND the income tax!!!!
seriously

Versailles, OH

#9 Feb 25, 2012
Escrow, you'll barely notice.
had enough

Sugar Grove, OH

#10 Feb 25, 2012
yyou must be richer than me
whateve

Mount Vernon, OH

#11 Feb 25, 2012
ridgemontlevy.com ! someone should make a facebook page to vote no, since they have one for vote yes
Go Ridgemont

Westerville, OH

#12 Feb 28, 2012
I will def be a yes vote, I do not want to send my kids to another school, those of you that think it will not close need to open your eyes, it will maybe not right away maybe even 5 years but it will. We need to think of our kids, if you have a hundred thousand dollar house you will pay less then 13.oo come on people that is one trip to the golden arches for most people. If your kid needs something you try and get it. If you think the schools are in good shape I really think you should take a tour of our buildings, it has nothing to do with keeping up with the jones times are changing and so is the way of learning. The state is paying 76% how can you turn that away???
had enough

Sugar Grove, OH

#13 Mar 1, 2012
read letter all Ridgmont residence will be getting in mail 7M turns in to 15m with interest. 76% I do not think so!!!!!

Richwood, OH

#14 Mar 1, 2012
Go Ridgemont wrote:
I will def be a yes vote, I do not want to send my kids to another school, those of you that think it will not close need to open your eyes, it will maybe not right away maybe even 5 years but it will. We need to think of our kids, if you have a hundred thousand dollar house you will pay less then 13.oo come on people that is one trip to the golden arches for most people. If your kid needs something you try and get it. If you think the schools are in good shape I really think you should take a tour of our buildings, it has nothing to do with keeping up with the jones times are changing and so is the way of learning. The state is paying 76% how can you turn that away???
very easy no no no no no!

Richwood, OH

#15 Mar 1, 2012
the school has been having students paint signs all week...how about they start doing the job our tax dollars are paying them to do which is teach!!! since they have obviously forgot that and they paint the signs on there own time......
No more taxes

Bluffton, OH

#16 Mar 4, 2012
Big mistake to vote yes on the levy in my opinion.Seems to me as if the admin.have been hired as marketing consultants rather than educators.It always looks good on a resume when a Super can say they got a levy passed.A new facility will NOT raise a students' GPA.
Over 60% of my property tax bill goes to this system now plus 1.75% of my paycheck.I think money would be better spent on a business consultant to advise on elimination of duplicate and non-productive jobs that we are funding.All of these assistants and secretaries are way out of line for a school the size of Ridgemont as I see it.We are paying people 40k salaries plus benefits for "show up jobs" in my opinion.It's time they deal with our economy as those paying the way for them do.
We are supporting huge salaries and benefits to employees...mostly because of union pressure.I would love to earn 35-50k plus top of the line benefits for a half year of "work" with no overtime and every holiday and foggy mornings off.That's not to mention the inflated comp. we pay admin.to pressure the public for more money to fund the "club".We control the funding.Don't feel guilty about voting NO.It's not always about "the kids"as they like to promote.It may be more about a cushy work place and sucking off of public money and self interest.
As for Ridgemont being split up between other schools,I'm pretty sure that has never happened in Ohio.Just another "scare tactic" to get yes votes.They always have an angle to coerce.
I will never support any funding for this system until they eliminate the parasites and employ admin that are more interested in promoting education rather than coercing the public into writing out another check.Vote NO.
Just my opinion.
No more taxes

Bluffton, OH

#17 Mar 4, 2012
Further more..The American worker dreams about the day he can purchase a home, retire, then enjoy the fruits of his labors.

This "American Dream" has become a nightmare for the person who works in the private sector. The assurance of his accumulated retirement funds lasting his entire retirement is not a sure thing. Retired property owners are constantly being badgered to vote for higher property taxes, mostly to fund the local schools. If the property owner objects, they are accused of not caring for the children. If they refuse to pay the imposed tax, they have their property confiscated by the government.

Many property owners will not publicly disagree with the schools, nor will they put up yards signs with anti-levy messages on them, fearing ridicule and harassment by those who support the levy.

People no longer own their homes. Instead, they are renting them from the schools, who constantly want more rent (taxes), not for the kids, but for wages and benefits of the schools' employees. Think about this premise.

The method of funding public schools has been declared unconstitutional three times by the Supreme Court of Ohio. Yet property owners still are forced to fund schools though property taxes. The state legislators don't seem to want to sincerely find a solution to a fairer method of funding schools. Perhaps they think the problem will go away. I urge property owners to contact Rep. Rex Damschroder's office and ask him to help legislate a fairer method of funding the public schools.

On March 6 vote no for the funding of the new school building. We can't afford it.
Before you vote

Bluffton, OH

#18 Mar 5, 2012
Before you vote,ask your employer for a raise so you can build a new house instead of fixing the one you have that is not paid for yet but being paid for by others.
Also.let you boss know that you failed to maintain your house due to laziness and/or ignorance because it is expected that the bill will be paid by him/her as an entitlement.
Also,remind your employer that you have to pay several people to do things you'd rather not do for a full year even though they only work about half of that and get better benefits than he does.
Also,everyone in the house gets an increased allowance so you need more money.
Then tell your boss you may have to send family members to the neighbors unless you give me the money for a new house and you are the "bad guy" if you disagree.
What do you think the answer will be?
NO on the levy
PROUD

Fremont, OH

#19 Mar 5, 2012
Before you vote wrote:
Before you vote,ask your employer for a raise so you can build a new house instead of fixing the one you have that is not paid for yet but being paid for by others.
Also.let you boss know that you failed to maintain your house due to laziness and/or ignorance because it is expected that the bill will be paid by him/her as an entitlement.
Also,remind your employer that you have to pay several people to do things you'd rather not do for a full year even though they only work about half of that and get better benefits than he does.
Also,everyone in the house gets an increased allowance so you need more money.
Then tell your boss you may have to send family members to the neighbors unless you give me the money for a new house and you are the "bad guy" if you disagree.
What do you think the answer will be?
NO on the levy
Wow you are rightover staffed look at the year book pages and pages of staff I refused to buy one this year because last year pictures was page after page repeated pictures of staff I mean LARGE Pictures of staff it made me sick tht I paid to see them and not my kids one little tiny picture. How many paid personal do they need VOTE NO
parent

United States

#20 Mar 5, 2012
Vote no I love how all the teachers pushing it most don't live here and don't pay the taxes. So tired of all the lies

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Kenton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Sarcastic 2 hr bill 3
How can you 7 hr Bama 14
Od at Walmart on June 24 7 hr Bama 3
Who is coal Rollin ??? Possible reward 11 hr Coal rolling 15
I love how the Facebook likes dictates how ur r... 20 hr zormont 2
Honestly what in the heck makes you feel so spe... Thu I eat her so her ... 2
If we all only thought like you! Thu I eat hot wet hor... 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Kenton Mortgages