Band Show - HC Fair
disrespectful

Gomer, OH

#1 Sep 4, 2012
Hardin Northern & Ada schools - Can not believe that you did not stay to watch Ridgemont or Kenton perform. I was very disgusted to see both bands go to their bus & not be respectful to the other bands. Ada, the extra time it took for you to get all that extra instruments was not worth it. The last song was the best, without the extra. Next year, we do not want to wait ten minutes or more for you to set up.

Ridgemont & Kenton - very proud that all of you stood for over an hour & watched the other schools perform. Riverdale - your band also was very respectful. Thank you kids & band teachers for being respectful to county schools.

Fair board - please let Ridgemont & Kenton be first in line to perform. HN & Ada can go last, then maybe they can see what it is like to stand waiting for King & Queen (half hour) then another hour for bands to perform before they go on. Maybe then they will learn respect.
bosco73

Napoleon, OH

#2 Sep 5, 2012
very well said these shows are suppose to be what you perform at half time at football games.There is no way they could of performed theirs in the allowed time. I also agree that it was very disrespectful to the other schools and parents for these bands to leave after performing.
riquOOi

Houston, OH

#3 Sep 5, 2012
right on boscoe i agree.
Taxed Enough Already

Elyria, OH

#4 Sep 7, 2012
The Kenton band will NEVER play in any position but last. The reason is that the crowd is mostly from Kenton (by virtue of it being the largest school) and they don't show enough respect to stay and listen to the other county bands play. It's true, I've seen it happen on more than 1 occasion until it was decided to have Kenton go last. And it worked. The crowd stays. So the other schools rotate in order every year. The same goes for the show choirs. If Kenton went first then there would be few left to listen to the other schools. It happens there as well. When the top 20 has finished the crowd leaves. Therefore The Society Singers sing to only a few. And it's damn few. Props to Riverdale that DID stay for the complete show. That was classy. The kids even danced to some of the songs.(A better sound system would help a lot there too).
old me

Kenton, OH

#5 Sep 7, 2012
if they had a Beer tent more people would stay. we need to turn the fair into the new coonchase.
iriquOOi

Houston, OH

#6 Sep 7, 2012
old me wrote:
if they had a Beer tent more people would stay. we need to turn the fair into the new coonchase.
oh i thought they had, a lot of slutty bitches out there, but times are hard, they need to make lunch money and for their next fix.
What

Gomer, OH

#7 Sep 7, 2012
Taxed Enough Already wrote:
The Kenton band will NEVER play in any position but last. The reason is that the crowd is mostly from Kenton (by virtue of it being the largest school) and they don't show enough respect to stay and listen to the other county bands play. It's true, I've seen it happen on more than 1 occasion until it was decided to have Kenton go last. And it worked. The crowd stays. So the other schools rotate in order every year. The same goes for the show choirs. If Kenton went first then there would be few left to listen to the other schools. It happens there as well. When the top 20 has finished the crowd leaves. Therefore The Society Singers sing to only a few. And it's damn few. Props to Riverdale that DID stay for the complete show. That was classy. The kids even danced to some of the songs.(A better sound system would help a lot there too).
Happen to disagree with you on Kenton crowd. If that were the case, then the Kenton fans would not have to go into the stands until 8:00 to 8:15 pm just to see their band. I have always went to see all bands, the stands are filled when it opens. I did notice that people left after their school played - it is disrepsectful to the rest of the schools or for any type of show.

We the adults should set an example & stop! Show the kids that each school is a part of Hardin County & we have pride in all of them. Not just the one we have children or family in.
bosco73

Napoleon, OH

#8 Sep 7, 2012
we have had a box there for over 40 years we always attend the band show all 3 of our kids were in band I have seen the kenton band perform first second and third and have never seen alot of people leave after they performed yes you will always have a few but not like tuesday night. We have never left and also feel it is disrespectful for those who do.

We also were at the choir performances and every school left but riverdale they stood and applauded every performance and as said even danced to society singer songs hats off to them for their respect sadly their were very few who stayed for society singers
iriquOOi

Houston, OH

#9 Sep 7, 2012
ee you atthe ball game an will apaud them all. peace .
liked

Delaware, OH

#10 Sep 7, 2012
They know how to blow. Good at playing the skin flute.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Kenton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
lets party at the car wash 13 min ronslater 9
Coleman insane asylum,and they employ queers 11 hr Dummy 7
Doug Lamb 13 hr Take care of your... 27
Invasion investigation Thu kenton performance 2
Honestly what in the heck makes you feel so spe... Thu Jason young 6
Alan spangler, Mandy steele Jun 27 Bodashus1 7
My kids said the big bad wolf did it ,I think t... Jun 27 Sad day for ugly mom 1

Kenton Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Kenton Mortgages