Man gets 3 years for hit-and-run fatal

Full story: Seattle Times 29
A Maple Valley man was sentenced to three years in prison for a hit-and-run accident last year in which he killed a 3-year-old. Timothy L. Herbert, 38, was convicted of felony hit-and-run after the June 16, ... Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
haley wade

Tacoma, WA

#1 Dec 4, 2007
hi my name is haley wade i am 12 this is my brother that was run over i what to kill Timothy L. Herbert plese do not drink and drive!
melody

Bainbridge Island, WA

#2 Dec 11, 2007
I am sorry haley for your loss. I too lost my sister because of drinking and driving accident. it is so hard to lose a brother or sister. I know it may not mean much now but even though you are hurting now the hurt feelings do lessen but you you never forget the love you feel for your brother.
Rock Till You Drop

Seattle, WA

#3 Dec 15, 2007
Hi Haley, sorry for your loss :(

Timothy Herbert is my cousin... when watching the news about my cousin and your brother who was ran over, I never heard them once talk about Tim Herberts Bi-Poloar and Mental Health issues he has in his life. These issues makes it hard for him to have the attention focused on him for what ever reason it might be. I am 100% sure that this is why he could not go back to the scene of the accident because of that anxiety he gets. He is a wonderful person and I know he is sorry for what happened that night. I just do not believe he should be locked up in prison for this. That is my opinion - Don
Alexander Hubbards Mom

Tacoma, WA

#4 Dec 30, 2007
I guess if your cousin was so mental ill, he should not have been driving a car! or drinking the 5th of whisky that he said that he had before he got behind the wheel of his car! on June 14 2006 and killed my son! Prison is not good enough for the monster that your cousin is! I will never forgive him, I can only hope that he rots in HELL!! So save your breath about saying that you are sorry!
Dave M

Olympia, WA

#5 Apr 21, 2008
Timothy Herbert commits a felony and receives a three-year sentence. His innocent, three-year old victim, who statistically would have lived to age 78 or older, received a 75-year sentence.
If you're looking for justice, you won't find it in Washington state.
Holla

Spokane, WA

#6 Sep 16, 2008
my name is holly, alexander was my little brother my mother and i are the ones who found him laying on the side of the roud after being gone for 5 min. it was the worse moment of my life, seeing my little brother laying in the dirt with his skull showing and bleeding. the worse thing you could ever see. he was an amazing little boy and he should not have been killed. Timothy Herbert is a disgrace to man kind. he is a monster and there is no reason for his actions not coming back. 3 years was not enough. he should not be able to get out. he took alex's live away and when he gets out he will be able to live his live but alexander will never have a chance to ride a bike, go to school. do things that kids do. Timothy Herert murdered my baby borther and there is no way i could ever forgive his for what he has done. he is not a man to me, he is nothing, and he is worth nothing.
i miss my baby brother and is smiling face will never leave my heart.
i love you Alexander Michael Hubbard!
Stand up for the truth

Maple Valley, WA

#7 Oct 18, 2008
I am teribly sorry for your loss. I rember the day just after the accident, it's still painfully stuck in my heart. I don't blame you for thinking the Tim is a monster, but hear me out. He is a good man and never meant to hurt anyone, he was simply going for a drive. If you think about it, the real monsters are the parrents. I mean what kind of person has their 3 year old boy out and alone, especially that late. I've heard many stores of people who almost hit him in day light. This case should have been about how neglectful the parrents where, and probally still are. Tim is an inoccent man who is still in prison for your mistakes. He is a good man, with good values and morals. when my part of my life went to hell he was there in a flash to lend a should and a listening ear, he is no monster but your everyday hero.
Mike

Seattle, WA

#8 Oct 20, 2008
Your thoughts just might be better received if you knew how to spell, but it's doubtful.
Gabrielle

Edmonds, WA

#9 Feb 24, 2009
wow so to the "stand up for freedom" person:
so first off you must not have children, because if you did you know very well that you can not keep your eyes on you 3 year old child 24/7. Second off, you know nothing about this family, Denise (alex's mom) was like a mother to me i was extreamly close to the family and still am. SHE WAS A GREAT MOTHER and for you to call her neglectful is WRONG!!! she had child proofed doors and the whole nine yards and did everything in her power to keep her kids safe!!! i think that everyone should stop making excuses for someones stupid choice of DRINKING AND DRIVING and let it be...it was HIS decision to go drinking and driving and not come back to the scene not little alex's...so stop making excuse for what he did! Mental problems dont excuse a MURDERER!!!! he will have to live with what he did for the rest of his life and know that what he did was wrong and i hope it eats him alive to this day, and maybe just maybe changes someone elses mind about drinking and driving!
darcy

Kirkland, WA

#10 Feb 24, 2009
for the "stand up for the truth" maybe you should get your fact stright before you open your mouth he was not just driving. he had a fifth of alcohol abd made the choice to drive!!! that choice was his and he took a three year old little boys life and its not fair. yes he may have issue that his fault for not getting the helpo he needed. he is a moster and a murder. he is a lie and a snake and he did what ever he could to try get out of touble take the resposibility of taking someone life i hope he rots in jail. you all think cause he is your family you have to stand up for him. well he is the kuck one he gets to be fed and cloth and sheltered for 3 year it mite not be fun but i think he is luck since he not dead!!! were the one that have to deal with never seeing alexes bright face!!! to see him grow up in to the wonderful man he would have been. just so you know he was never negletcted he was loved by alot of ppl and all those people feel pain because your cousin your family made a stupid desion to drink and drive and take someones life!!! oh and just so you know mr stand up for the truth.... he went throgh the scene he cause get your facts straigh. his mother is an amzing person how dare you make it out to be her fault when he made the stupid choose and he killed someone!!!
we all miss you alex and your in are hearts
Flabbergasted

Everett, WA

#11 Apr 2, 2009
"Good men" do not drink and drive.
"Good men" do not leave the scene after driving over a small child.
"Good men" would do what's right.
"Good men" would be seeking help for whatever mental issues he has - not using it as an excuse to claim innocence.
Whatever has happened to the concept of personal responsibility? 3 years is not NEARLY enough for taking the life of someone else. His biggest crimes were drinking and leaving the scene. There is no defense for his choices and you can't shift the blame to the victim and family for his failures.
You can love and support your cousin - but it doesn't change the facts or bad choices he made that day. Consequences result from all of our actions. Choices were made and I'd say he got off with much too lenient consequences.
Flabbergasted

Everett, WA

#12 Apr 2, 2009
You describe your cousin as every day hero???(hit and run.. last I checked heroes do whats right.. risk themselves to save others... not run away)

Good values and morals?(drinking and driving - hit and run... not seeing the goodness here...)

I normally avoid getting mean.. but can't help but wonder if mental illness runs through your entire gene pool? Your postings are truly delusional.
haley

Gig Harbor, WA

#13 Apr 3, 2009
dear Stand up for the truth,
hi i am on of alex's big sister you have no f**king right to say sh*t like that about mine and alexander mom and dad!! tim is a f**king fag who needs to die in a hole. alex's mom and dad are the best. and i do not f**king care if tim was going on a drive he should have never got in a car f**king drunk he is a pice of sh*t just like you!!!!!!!!!!
CeeJay

Seattle, WA

#14 Apr 7, 2009
Stand up for the truth wrote:
I am teribly sorry for your loss. I rember the day just after the accident, it's still painfully stuck in my heart. I don't blame you for thinking the Tim is a monster, but hear me out. He is a good man and never meant to hurt anyone, he was simply going for a drive. If you think about it, the real monsters are the parrents. I mean what kind of person has their 3 year old boy out and alone, especially that late. I've heard many stores of people who almost hit him in day light. This case should have been about how neglectful the parrents where, and probally still are. Tim is an inoccent man who is still in prison for your mistakes. He is a good man, with good values and morals. when my part of my life went to hell he was there in a flash to lend a should and a listening ear, he is no monster but your everyday hero.
You are just as evil and selfish as this drunk killer because you define "good" only by how you were treated. So he listened to you whine about your life? And you? You are heartless to the loss of a Mothers baby. The small and vulnerable are the responsibility of all of society. They can be in harms way in an instant.

So he struggled in life, he had pain, he wallowed in his pain at the expense of a BABY!!

How dare you compare buddies listening to each others petty life struggles as a measure of good and moral?

You are just as evil, and have crushed a family's soul a second time with your callous, petty, and cruel words.

I am sickened at what I have just stumbled across in this thread.
haley

Oregon City, OR

#15 Jul 18, 2009
good for you ceejay
ouija

Seattle, WA

#16 Jul 19, 2009
You know-this is a terrible scenario. I feel for everyone involved.

Haley-sorry for your loss. I do wonder why the first driver didnt stop-the person who saw the child ahead of time i the road-and bring him to safety somehow.

There are 2 sides to this. The kid shouldnt have been in the street, and the guy shouldnt have been drinking.

I dont know-if you put your 3 year old in the middle of I-5 at night and some semi runs him over-do you get mad at the freeway or the truck driver? OR-do you share some of the responsiblity for him being in harms way!

Its not like he ran the kid over-while the kid was in his playpen, in the house-behind locked doors!

Food for thought.
haley

Tacoma, WA

#17 Oct 3, 2009
.F**K EVER ONE ON HERE!! no one that comments on here know what happen the night my little brother died! and for ever one that has commented on my comments GET A LIFE!! because all you did was make a little girl cry even more because of what you guys said!! SO EVER ONE BACK THE F**K OFF!!!!!
nana

Seattle, WA

#18 Oct 5, 2009
little girl with a potty mouth!
haley

Tacoma, WA

#19 Oct 5, 2009
ya i do have a mouth get over it!!
justathought

Bellevue, WA

#20 Oct 21, 2009
Haley- I suggest you stop reading this blog...you have the loss of your brother to deal...no need to add to the stress!
You are right NO one besides the 2 involved know "exactly" what happened that night, but that will not change what people say...and their opinions - cussing and posting mean comments on here are not helping you or your family, and its causing others to question the "neglect" side of things....
I am so sorry for your sad heart and I'm sure your angry...but posting it on here is making your family look bad...for no reason...just some things 12 year olds shouldn't be saying, even if that is truly how you feel.
Just a thought....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Kent Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
SeaTac Garage Door Repair Dec 17 StefanieMErb 1
Seatac Locksmith Dec 13 alanmnealy 1
Review: Blind And Shade Repairs And Installs Dec 9 Michael2327 1
Covington seeks funding for LED lights Dec 7 LEDLighting 2
who is eric siers (Nov '13) Dec 1 Eric siers 9
Lil Wayne vs. Drake Nov 20 TheAfroHedgehog 2
want real cock (Dec '13) Nov '14 jayy777 2

Flood Watch for King County was issued at December 20 at 12:08AM PST

Kent News Video

Kent Dating