Ex-Mayor Cited for Allegedly Shoplifting Crackers, Wine

A popular former northeast Ohio mayor has been cited and summoned to appear in court for allegedly attempting to steal a box of crackers and a bottle of wine from a local market, Fox 8's Dave Nethers reports. Full Story
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Since: Dec 09

United States

#1 Jan 5, 2010
There goes twelve years of making a good name for himself. Now the folks will start posting about how we don't know what kind of upbringing he had, or the stress he was under. Which will we remember about him, the good mayor or the thief? Could have been worse, though. At least he wasn't found naked in a driveway, or photographed cross dressing!
Polly Ticks

AOL

#2 Jan 5, 2010
This imbecile forgot that once he's out of office, his license to steal is revoked.
kathie

Wadsworth, OH

#3 Jan 5, 2010
Polly--good one!
jill

United States

#4 Jan 5, 2010
I believe Mayor Coyne (Brook Park) was found naked in a tree lawn, not a driveway. LOL.
Grandma

Orrville, OH

#5 Jan 5, 2010
Why wasn't he arrested? Others would have been.
Jenn in NC

United States

#6 Jan 5, 2010
yOU HAVE TO THINK... DOES HE HAVE ALZHEIMER'S OR SOME OTHER CONDITION THAT WOULD CAUSE HIS BIZARRE BEHAVIOR?
Drewski

Cuyahoga Falls, OH

#7 Jan 5, 2010
Cross dressing may be offensive to some but it's not a crime, shoplifting is. No comparison there. Since he's white he'll get a slap on the wrist and very few negative comments on this forum about his heritage, race, upbringing, and no one will suggest that he go back to Europe where his ancestors came from. If he had been black there would be at least 40 comments by now--all nasty!

Since: Dec 09

United States

#8 Jan 5, 2010
jill wrote:
I believe Mayor Coyne (Brook Park) was found naked in a tree lawn, not a driveway. LOL.
Great pickup, didn't think anyone would remember this one. It still makes me laugh!
gary

Elyria, OH

#9 Jan 5, 2010
Thats not right would of been anyone else they would of locked them up for a court hearing
gary

Elyria, OH

#10 Jan 5, 2010
Thats not right just because he is a mayor,anyone else would have been locked up and fined and held for a court hearing
Malibu

Canton, OH

#11 Jan 5, 2010
Does anyone remember Mayor Perk shoplifting a screwdriver years ago?
HA HA guy

Tucson, AZ

#12 Jan 5, 2010
You can take the boy out of the 'hood, but you will never get the 'hood out of the boy.
mac

Naperville, IL

#13 Jan 5, 2010
If this was a regular Joe he would've been arrested.
I'm tired of special treatment for politicians.
He'll walk with no penalty.
Judy

Ashtabula, OH

#14 Jan 5, 2010
Jenn in NC wrote:
yOU HAVE TO THINK... DOES HE HAVE ALZHEIMER'S OR SOME OTHER CONDITION THAT WOULD CAUSE HIS BIZARRE BEHAVIOR?
That's the first thing I thought of when I read this article. I've dealt first hand with someone with Alzheimer's and that is definitely something a person would do in the early stages
Joop Kaashoek

San Jose, CA

#15 Jan 5, 2010
A case of power going to one's head? It would not be the first time.
Craig Lyons

Santa Clara, CA

#16 Jan 5, 2010
The lead-in says stealing "food" while the story clarifies it to be crackers and wine.
One can be sympathetic if someone is forced by circumstances; especially during the holidays to steal food. Crackers and wine? No sympathy here, as it seems like his wine and cheese spread was running low.
Confused

Winnipeg, Canada

#17 Jan 5, 2010
Dear Staff Writer for FOX8.com
"Fender is scheduled to appear in Portage Municipal court on Jan. 21. Approximately one month prior to the alleged incident," Do you mean he is planning to steal some crackers and wine from the local market on or around February 21st, 2010? because that's what the word prior means.
RKWhite

Washington, DC

#18 Jan 5, 2010
I think he probably snapped and needs mental assistance. Often at late ages incidents like this occurs. His family members probably noticed a change in his behavior but did not act. This single incident could mean something larger. I think this is a sad story.
eagles4life

Cockeysville, MD

#19 Jan 5, 2010
He's loosing it. Send him to the slammer!
eagles4life

Cockeysville, MD

#20 Jan 5, 2010
Seriously. Get him some help.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Kent Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Stow High shooting in 1972 (Oct '12) Oct 14 Steve 25
Review: Petrox Inc Oct 13 concerned citizens 1
Tallmadge massage parlor owner charged after po... Oct 11 June Bug Fong 4
Ex-Tallmadge veterinarian's license suspended (May '08) Oct 4 cmksy 19
Free to woman Oct 2 Momof2 1
speed Sep '14 admirer 1
Wayne Dawson (Oct '09) Sep '14 Del 138
Kent Dating
Find my Match

Kent Jobs