Who do you support for Governor in Oh...
Duke for Mayor

Akron, OH

#16536 Dec 22, 2012
Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
Now now, Fred. That's simply not true. You are the one who is inconsistent. That's what this whole exercise was designed to point out. YOU are the one who screams about judicial activism when it is about abortion or religion but use the same methods you call activism to defend something that you consider to be important.
Tell me how your interpretation of parental rights in the 1st, 4th and 5th is any different than the penumbra theory that gave us Roe v. Wade. You are the one being a hypocrite.
This is where the previously unmentioned factor gets inserted into the mix, right here.

watch.

woof
xxxrayted

Brook Park, OH

#16537 Dec 22, 2012
Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
Well that doesn't solve anything then does it? We are still spending, we are still taxing. It's just a different government doing it. And what's more, instead of having one agency to administer the program, we end up with 50. Darn it.
We would also have more control over our money and it wouldn't be used as a political issue for the presidency or Congress. It wouldn't be stolen like it was for Commie Care. The people of a state would be closer in tune to what the situation is. Right now, everybody on the left thinks Medicare will be just fine. Trust your Democrat politician to tell them so. If it were a state issue, it would be more realized that the program is in trouble and has been for many years. A state could take quicker corrective action.

Hugh Victor Thompson III

“Larchmont's Leading Citizen”

Since: Dec 12

Hilliard, OH

#16538 Dec 22, 2012
Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
Now now, Fred. That's simply not true. You are the one who is inconsistent. That's what this whole exercise was designed to point out. YOU are the one who screams about judicial activism when it is about abortion or religion but use the same methods you call activism to defend something that you consider to be important.
Tell me how your interpretation of parental rights in the 1st, 4th and 5th is any different than the penumbra theory that gave us Roe v. Wade. You are the one being a hypocrite.
Not at all...simply using your own weapon against you. And you hate it.
xxxrayted

Brook Park, OH

#16539 Dec 22, 2012
Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes. Remember Oklahoma City?
Yes I do. But is OKC a daily thing? People getting robbed, assaulted and killed with guns is a daily thing. That's why people need to arm themselves and protect their families.

Hugh Victor Thompson III

Hilliard, OH

#16540 Dec 22, 2012
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
We would also have more control over our money and it wouldn't be used as a political issue for the presidency or Congress. It wouldn't be stolen like it was for Commie Care. The people of a state would be closer in tune to what the situation is. Right now, everybody on the left thinks Medicare will be just fine. Trust your Democrat politician to tell them so. If it were a state issue, it would be more realized that the program is in trouble and has been for many years. A state could take quicker corrective action.
The left hates that idea for the obvious reasons you point out. The left also extolls the Canadian "national" health care system which in reality is anything but. Each province administers its own program. The only real role of the federal government is comprehensive oversight adhering to guidelines of the Canada Health Act. But neither the feds nor the provinces intrude in the life of the taxpayer as the American left wants to do here. There is no government compiling of or access to patients health information, for example.
Che Reagan Christ

Medina, OH

#16541 Dec 22, 2012
Hugh Victor Thompson III wrote:
<quoted text>Not at all...simply using your own weapon against you. And you hate it.
Hate it? I hoisted you on your own petard. I agree with you that there is a constitutional right to a parent/child relationship. The SCOTUS has said so.(I disagree that yours was violated and so would the SCOTUS). I just wanted you to acknowledge that constitutional rights can exist without being explicitly mentioned in the document. Now that you have done that, it would be the height of hypocrisy for you to ever again use that argument against abortion rights or rights of homosexuals or church/state issues, etc. See how easy that was?
Che Reagan Christ

Medina, OH

#16542 Dec 22, 2012
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes I do. But is OKC a daily thing? People getting robbed, assaulted and killed with guns is a daily thing. That's why people need to arm themselves and protect their families.
Oh, now it needs to be a daily thing. Ok. Are bad guys using AR-15s against people daily? How many shots does the usual carjacker use on a daily basis? Or a street robber? 2? Let's limit all guns to two round capability then?

Are you beginning to see why we can't determine this issue based on anecdote? Probably not.
Che Reagan Christ

Medina, OH

#16543 Dec 22, 2012
<quoted text>The left hates that idea for the obvious reasons you point out. The left also extolls the Canadian "national" health care system which in reality is anything but. Each province administers its own program. The only real role of the federal government is comprehensive oversight adhering to guidelines of the Canada Health Act. But neither the feds nor the provinces intrude in the life of the taxpayer as the American left wants to do here. There is no government compiling of or access to patients health information, for example.
So you endorse the Canadian system? Deal. Obamacare is your system. The left wanted single payer.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#16544 Dec 22, 2012
Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
I would suggest it is because in Heller, for the first time ever, the SCOTUS held the 2d amendment is an individual right. Holdings of the SCOTUS are the law of the land, regardless from where they originate. McDonald was really just an incorporation case.
True, I understand it was the first case that SCOTUS held that the 2nd amendment is an individual right and your right they did incorporate it in the Mcdonald vs Chicago case.

Hugh Victor Thompson III

Hilliard, OH

#16545 Dec 22, 2012
Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
Hate it? I hoisted you on your own petard. I agree with you that there is a constitutional right to a parent/child relationship. The SCOTUS has said so.(I disagree that yours was violated and so would the SCOTUS). I just wanted you to acknowledge that constitutional rights can exist without being explicitly mentioned in the document. Now that you have done that, it would be the height of hypocrisy for you to ever again use that argument against abortion rights or rights of homosexuals or church/state issues, etc. See how easy that was?
So you speak for the SCOTUS now, do you?
Your argument is lame. Parental rights are justified by natural rights...a concept incorporated by the Founders. Homosexuality and abortion are the very antithesis of natural rights.

Hugh Victor Thompson III

Hilliard, OH

#16546 Dec 22, 2012
Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, now it needs to be a daily thing. Ok. Are bad guys using AR-15s against people daily? How many shots does the usual carjacker use on a daily basis? Or a street robber? 2? Let's limit all guns to two round capability then?
Are you beginning to see why we can't determine this issue based on anecdote? Probably not.
It wouldn't be hyperbole to say that AR-15s are probably used by the bad guys on a daily basis in the United States southwest.
Spookishere F trolls

Taylor, MI

#16547 Dec 22, 2012
Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
So you endorse the Canadian system? Deal. Obamacare is your system. The left wanted single payer.
Obama care is not my system. My system is paying for my own care unlike the obama voters who want me to pay for.thier care as well. My system would include open season on Mexican and Central American trash. No more of giving free care to a beaner with a future oxygen thief crowning as the two legged rat crosses the border.
Che Reagan Christ

Medina, OH

#16548 Dec 22, 2012
<quoted text>So you speak for the SCOTUS now, do you?
Your argument is lame. Parental rights are justified by natural rights...a concept incorporated by the Founders. Homosexuality and abortion are the very antithesis of natural rights.
The constitution according to Fred Sanford. Rights are whatever Fred Sanford says they are.

Hugh Victor Thompson III

Hilliard, OH

#16549 Dec 22, 2012
Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
I endorse no government run systems. I was merely pointing out the left's usual ignorance when they call the Canadian system a panacea.
Obamacare is not "my" system. It was foisted upon free citizens by a corrupt leftist president and his party, then upheld by a turncoat Chief Justice who once again proved that GOP presidents choose closet leftists for the SCOTUS just as often as they select conservatives.
Duke for Mayor

Akron, OH

#16550 Dec 22, 2012
<quoted text>So you speak for the SCOTUS now, do you?
Homosexuality and abortion are the very antithesis of natural rights.
Says who? You?

woof
Duke for Mayor

Akron, OH

#16551 Dec 22, 2012
<quoted text>Not at all...simply using your own weapon against you. And you hate it.
I'm not sure what weapon you're referring to Fred.

I just showed you...Parental rights: 1st and 14th Amendments.

Abortion: 14th, and maybe the 9th.

woof
Che Reagan Christ

Medina, OH

#16552 Dec 22, 2012
<quoted text>I endorse no government run systems. I was merely pointing out the left's usual ignorance when they call the Canadian system a panacea.
Obamacare is not "my" system. It was foisted upon free citizens by a corrupt leftist president and his party, then upheld by a turncoat Chief Justice who once again proved that GOP presidents choose closet leftists for the SCOTUS just as often as they select conservatives.
Wow. For a white guy you have one hell of a persecution complex. Also, a pretty healthy disrespect for our system of government.

Hugh Victor Thompson III

Hilliard, OH

#16553 Dec 22, 2012
Duke for Mayor wrote:
<quoted text>
Says who? You?
woof
Says any normal person.

Hugh Victor Thompson III

Hilliard, OH

#16554 Dec 22, 2012
Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
The constitution according to Fred Sanford. Rights are whatever Fred Sanford says they are.
I realize opinions that clash with your leftist worldview are mocked out of sheer reflex.8480

Hugh Victor Thompson III

Hilliard, OH

#16555 Dec 22, 2012
Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow. For a white guy you have one hell of a persecution complex. Also, a pretty healthy disrespect for our system of government.
If you can't see that white males are the most disrespected demographic in America today, you are blind.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Kent Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Ohio.com - Akron teachers ratify pact (Aug '07) Aug 22 bigguy 51
brad keen (Jun '12) Aug 10 Carla miller 2
News Wayne Dawson (Oct '09) Jul '16 Shemp 152
Grade Attorney Dennis Day Lager Public Defender (Feb '15) Jun '16 vagrant living i... 6
Stripped Screw Jun '16 Shaft 3
Crime watch May '16 Gop 1
rat boy (Nov '08) Apr '16 Bad Boy Club 30

Kent Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Kent Mortgages