Who do you support for Governor in Ohio in 2010?

Posted in the Kent Forum

Comments (Page 738)

Showing posts 14,741 - 14,760 of28,457
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 20, 2012

Judged:

Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
It was your guys' line of thinking. You guys were saying that a parent should never teach a child with mental health issues how to use a gun. I simply pointed out that you idiots, when you teach your 12 year olds how to shoot, don't know whether you are doing that or not.
I agree. 12 Year olds, whether Schizophrenic or not do not have the maturity and emotion control to handle free access to firearms.
I also will add that Males are not fully emotionally mature until much later than females. Males are more suceptible to peer pressure than females.
Gun training is like divorce. The person who goes through gun safety/training is not the same person who later in a fit of anger, grabs that weapon and kills someone, just as the person we divorce from is not the person we married or there would be no divorce.

“Larchmont's Leading Citizen”

Since: Dec 12

Hilliard, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 20, 2012

Judged:

Cousin DuPrees Cousin wrote:
<quoted text>
How many? Where and why?
Bath, Michigan, 1927:

The Bath School disaster is the name given to three bombings in Bath Township, Michigan, on May 18, 1927, which killed 38 elementary school children, two teachers, and four other adults; at least 58 people were injured.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bath_School_disa...

Hilliard, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 20, 2012

Duke for Mayor wrote:
<quoted text>
Might wanna look into the fire in Collinwood.
woof
That wasn't deliberate.

Hilliard, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 20, 2012

<quoted text>
I agree. 12 Year olds, whether Schizophrenic or not do not have the maturity and emotion control to handle free access to firearms.
I also will add that Males are not fully emotionally mature until much later than females. Males are more suceptible to peer pressure than females.
Gun training is like divorce. The person who goes through gun safety/training is not the same person who later in a fit of anger, grabs that weapon and kills someone, just as the person we divorce from is not the person we married or there would be no divorce.
Where did I say "free access"? I started taking him to the range at 12. He's 16 1/2 now and has access to two firearms for emergency home defense.
Che Reagan Christ

Medina, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 20, 2012

Judged:

Hugh Victor Thompson III wrote:
<quoted text>Where did I say "free access"? I started taking him to the range at 12. He's 16 1/2 now and has access to two firearms for emergency home defense.
Or if he gets really, really angry.
Duke for Mayor

Akron, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 20, 2012

Judged:

<quoted text>That wasn't deliberate.
I didn't say it was.

woof

Hilliard, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 20, 2012

Judged:

Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
Or if he gets really, really angry.
We have knives, too.
Sorry, Che...much to your chagrin, my kid is well adjusted and normal.

Hilliard, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 20, 2012

Duke for Mayor wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't say it was.
woof
The discussion involved mass murder in schools, did it not?
Pops

Cincinnati, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 20, 2012

Judged:

Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't think you were capable of doing it, Pops. I will do it for you. Fred was blaming Australia's lack of similar mass assaults with firearms on what he called Australia's homogeneous society. When others pointed out to him that he was wrong, he changed his definition to say that it was because Australia didn't have the same number of "poor, uneducated,third worlders" as the US has. Based on that, I suggested to him he check to see how many "poor, uneducated, third worlders" had recently shot up a mall or a school. You then, until that time not a part of the dialogue, come with this,
<quoted text>
which is totally non-responsive to the discussion about the comparison of mass violence with guns between Australia and the US. If you think that your post somehow does further that conversation, I welcome your explanation. Frankly, I think you wrote it in your neverending quest to somehow get the better of me and didn't understand a word of the ongoing conversation.
So there is your explanation. Now call me a bunch of names and do exactly what you accuse me of doing. Classic wingnut.
You have proven once again that you don't understand. Thanx for the endorsement. There would be no pride in getting the better of a non-comprehending putz.
1st You didn't recognize a response when printed because of comprehension issues. 2nd, I am not trying to compete so there is No 'better or worse' score keeping on my part. 3rd, I would be wasting my time trying to explain to someone that twists & changes the wording/meaning of what others have said so that there is no longer any relevance. 4th. I don't remember accusing anyone by name of calling others a 'bunch of names' as you put it. Especially 'colorful' names. However, IF I had, I'm sure it applied. Lastly, you can be entertaining at times.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 20, 2012

xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
I read he shot the locks out. Who knows this early in the game? In any event, when you can show me some kind of evidence that smaller clips will stop school shootings or even interrupt the shooter, then I'll say fine. What I see now are baby steps towards more control over our guns while at the same time solving nothing, and ignoring more important issues in school shootings like armed security guards or personnel, police siren on the roof of the building, how to improve our communications and treatment of the mentally ill. Easy access for parents with troubled children or even adults.
The Colorado shooter had body armor--armor not legal to own in America. If he could get his hands on that, what makes you think larger clips would not be readily available to those who want them?
Hark!! I agree with all you said except the High Capacity Clips not stopping the shooter. The shooter in AZ shooting of Gabrielle Giffords was attempting to insert a new clip when he was tackled and restrained, probably saving some lives. No, it was not a school shooting, but same logic applies in school shootings. Arming school personnel is not the answer, but all the other options you mentioned are a start and would likely save some lives and cut down on number of casualties.
I agree that persons intent on obtaining High Capacity clips will still get them, but we can make it more difficult and raise the penalties. The Assault Weapons ban that was allowed to expire under Bush had a 'Grandfather Clause' which stated that if a Gun Owner was given an assault weapon by a relative, had been in the family for some time etc., owner could legally keep the weapon. This Caviat was abused of course, since no proof was required.
Do you know that 40% of guns are not required to be registered. Some of Lanzas' mothers guns were purchased in New Jersey and were legal there but not in Connecticut, which tells us we need National Registration and a more thorough Database for tracking.
We need Federal all state Registration.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 20, 2012

<quoted text>Where did I say "free access"? I started taking him to the range at 12. He's 16 1/2 now and has access to two firearms for emergency home defense.
Access to two firearms is Free Access, is it not?
Pops

Cincinnati, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 20, 2012

Judged:

Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
Really? When was the last time you grabbed your .9mm and drilled on the public square with your neighbors?
I have never grabbed a point9mm & drilled on the public square nor do I intend to. 1st, there is no such thing as a point 9mm that I know of. Next, I have a .45 ACP among other calibers & gauges but no 9. BUT I guess that you got the better of me on this one! lol

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 20, 2012

More Guns, More Mass Shootings—Coincidence?| Mother Jones www.motherjones.com/politics/2012/09/mass-sho...

4 days ago ... MoJo's map, timeline, and analysis of 30 years of mass shootings in America.... Yet 25 of the 62 cases we examined have occurred since 2006..... Please donate 5 or 10 bucks to the Mother Jones Investigative Fund today...... If you don't think that the high number of deaths due to gun violence is a problem ...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 20, 2012

Public health approach: Physicians aim to prevent gun violence ... www.ama-assn.org/amednews/2012/09/10/hll20910...

Sep 10, 2012 ...“We look at shootings and the victims as a public health problem, just ... That proactive approach has been slow to get started due to limited federal funding for ... Opponents to a public health approach say gun violence is a ... and obese because they don't feel safe playing or walking outside, Degutis said.

Hilliard, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 20, 2012

<quoted text>
Access to two firearms is Free Access, is it not?
I was referring to when he was 12 years old.

Hilliard, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 20, 2012

Judged:

<quoted text>
Hark!! I agree with all you said except the High Capacity Clips not stopping the shooter. The shooter in AZ shooting of Gabrielle Giffords was attempting to insert a new clip when he was tackled and restrained, probably saving some lives. No, it was not a school shooting, but same logic applies in school shootings. Arming school personnel is not the answer, but all the other options you mentioned are a start and would likely save some lives and cut down on number of casualties.
I agree that persons intent on obtaining High Capacity clips will still get them, but we can make it more difficult and raise the penalties. The Assault Weapons ban that was allowed to expire under Bush had a 'Grandfather Clause' which stated that if a Gun Owner was given an assault weapon by a relative, had been in the family for some time etc., owner could legally keep the weapon. This Caviat was abused of course, since no proof was required.
Do you know that 40% of guns are not required to be registered. Some of Lanzas' mothers guns were purchased in New Jersey and were legal there but not in Connecticut, which tells us we need National Registration and a more thorough Database for tracking.
We need Federal all state Registration.
You'll never see federal registration in a million years. There's no registration requirement here in Ohio, either.
Do you know which state has probably the "loosest" gun laws in America? Vermont. How many incidents do you hear of there? You don't even need a permit to carry concealed there.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 20, 2012

<quoted text>You'll never see federal registration in a million years. There's no registration requirement here in Ohio, either.
Do you know which state has probably the "loosest" gun laws in America? Vermont. How many incidents do you hear of there? You don't even need a permit to carry concealed there.
Yes we should also consider education as a factor.

Gunfire death rate in Louisiana is highest in nation,... www.nola.com/crime/index.ssf/2010/06/gunfire_... ...- Similarto Gunfire death rate in Louisiana is highest in nation,...

Jun 2, 2010 ... Nonprofit links violence to 'lax gun laws,' but supporters of the 'right to ... "More guns lead to more gun death, but limiting exposure to guns saves lives." ... The Violence Policy Center concluded that Louisiana is among states ...

All Points North - Gun Violence...In Vermont? www.apnmag.com/spring_2006/gunviolence.php - Similarto All Points North - Gun Violence...In Vermont?

Ranked as the safest state, Vermont has begun to see violent crimes.... from bank robberies to home break-ins, they all have one thing in common—guns.
The Campaign to Stop Gun Violence | Taking a Stand to End the ... campaigntostopgunviolence.org/

Omar lost his sister Reema in the mass shooting at VT in 2007. Christian's mother Jan was killed in a senseless act of gun violence on Memorial Day in 2005.
By the Numbers: Gun Laws Correlate to Gun Violence - Campus ... campusprogress.org/articles/by_the_numbers_gu... ...

Jul 23, 2010 ... Similarly, you can imagine that if Vermont had California's gun laws, gun violence and illegal activity would be negligible. Last week I wrote an ...
about Vermont gun laws - Legal Community Against Violence www.lcav.org/states/vermont.asp - Similarto about Vermont gun laws - Legal Community Against Violence

[PDF] A Stronger Nation through Higher Education: Vermont... www.luminafoundation.org/publications/state_d...

Levels of education for Vermont residents, ages 25-64. Lumina Foundation I A stronger nation through higher education. Degree-attainment rates among ...

[PDF] A stronger nation through higher education — and ... www.luminafoundation.org/publications/state_d...

A policy brief from Lumina Foundation for Education. Levels of education for Louisiana residents, ages 25-64. Less than ninth grade. 106,566. 4.6%. Ninth to ...
xxxrayted

Beachwood, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 20, 2012

Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
So?
So........ the point is that if a murderer can't get his hands on a firearm, he will use something else.
xxxrayted

Beachwood, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 20, 2012

Judged:

Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
That may be the funniest post ever. All of a sudden, XXX, the King of the Anecdote, accuses someone else of "liking isolated stories." Oh my!
I guess I made my point, even if you missed it. Remember yesterday when I wrote,
<quoted text>?
I guess you missed my point: anybody can find true stories to support their stance.
xxxrayted

Beachwood, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 20, 2012

<quoted text>
Pressurized cabin. Gunshots equal holes, weakening of the fuselage. Loss of Cabin Pressure. Not sure if Pilots are armed but Sky Marshalls are. They are really well trained.
LOL. I was just egging you on. For airplanes, they have special ammunition that won't penetrate through that cheap plastic and steel outsides of the plane. But yes, pilots are armed today as well as the Marshall's.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 14,741 - 14,760 of28,457
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Kent Discussions

Search the Kent Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Gay Games Rodeo coming to Summit County Fairgro... Wed Tu Hung Lo 8
Wayne Dawson (Oct '09) Jul 8 Cliff 135
Smelly city drinking water gets a dose of carbon (Aug '08) Jul 6 miss fortune 16
OH Who do you support for Auditor in Ohio in 2010? (Oct '10) Jul 4 edfgyujm 226
OH Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Ohio in 2... (Oct '10) Jul 2 Lindsay 2,213
Lisa Proctor one sick parent. Jul 1 Tommy 8
Stow High shooting in 1972 (Oct '12) Jul 1 Tommy 21
•••
•••
•••
•••

Kent Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Kent People Search