Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#16143 Dec 20, 2012
Hugh Victor Thompson III wrote:
<quoted text>You'll never see federal registration in a million years. There's no registration requirement here in Ohio, either.
Do you know which state has probably the "loosest" gun laws in America? Vermont. How many incidents do you hear of there? You don't even need a permit to carry concealed there.
I think we may see Fed. Regulation/Registration, this time. There is just something about that mental image of 30-40 pound little 6 year olds with missing teeth, smiling in school photos, while laying in a pile of blood and arms and legs shot full of holes and torn apart. Time to say no more. We have to make some changes this time. It can be done without trampling on our Right To Bear Arms.
Founders had no concept of Assault Weapons.
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

#16144 Dec 20, 2012
Cousin DuPrees Cousin wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree. 12 Year olds, whether Schizophrenic or not do not have the maturity and emotion control to handle free access to firearms.
I also will add that Males are not fully emotionally mature until much later than females. Males are more suceptible to peer pressure than females.
Gun training is like divorce. The person who goes through gun safety/training is not the same person who later in a fit of anger, grabs that weapon and kills someone, just as the person we divorce from is not the person we married or there would be no divorce.
Well, you give the car keys to your child at the age of 16. When you leave them home alone, do you lock up all your medications and alcohol? You know that martial arts classes teach deadly moves--moves your child learns by the age of 12 if he or she started early enough? I know, I went up to black belt. By the time I hit black belt, I knew five different ways to kill a person in three moves or less.

At some point you have to put faith in your child if you believe they are capable of handling it. You can't insulate your kid from the real world their entire childhood.
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

#16145 Dec 20, 2012
<quoted text>Bath, Michigan, 1927:
The Bath School disaster is the name given to three bombings in Bath Township, Michigan, on May 18, 1927, which killed 38 elementary school children, two teachers, and four other adults; at least 58 people were injured.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bath_School_disa...
Thank you HV.

Location hidden

#16146 Dec 20, 2012
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
So........ the point is that if a murderer can't get his hands on a firearm, he will use something else.
Takes a lot longer to take out 27 people with, say.....A pool Cue, or a knife w/out someone fighting back, than it does a BushMaster.
Gander Mountain had an Ad in todays paper for an Assault Rifle on sale.
Also Ohio man saying he was happy Shooter killed all thos little #%$^&* has been arrested.

Facebook post praising Newtown shooting leads ...- Community ... communitypress.cincinnati.com/videonetwork408... -...

4 hours ago ... Facebook post praising Newtown shooting leads to arrest. As the nation continues to mourn the shooting tragedy in Connecticut, an Ohio man ...
Facebook post praising Newtown shooting leads ...- Sheboygan ... sheboyganhub.sheboyganpress.com/videonetwork/... ...

... Connecticut, an Ohio man finds himself in trouble with the law over a post on Facebook that praised the shooting.... Facebook post praising Newtown shooting leads to arrest As the nation continues .... Shooter allegedly spared school nurse ...
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

#16147 Dec 20, 2012
<quoted text>
Hark!! I agree with all you said except the High Capacity Clips not stopping the shooter. The shooter in AZ shooting of Gabrielle Giffords was attempting to insert a new clip when he was tackled and restrained, probably saving some lives. No, it was not a school shooting, but same logic applies in school shootings. Arming school personnel is not the answer, but all the other options you mentioned are a start and would likely save some lives and cut down on number of casualties.
Be honest with yourself. What method would better stop or reduce student deaths? A trained and armed faculty member or police officer, or smaller gun clips?

Let's talk apples to apples here. The Arizona shooter had people behind him--lots of people--adult people. That's not what you have when a idiot breaks into a classroom and starts shooting.

Location hidden

#16148 Dec 20, 2012
Boehner has pulled his own Plan B Bill and it is not going up for vote. Speaker says he does not have enough support. Just as well. Bunch of cuts to the poor and elderly and continuation of Tax Cuts for everyone making up to $1 Million.
Fiscal Hill here we come.

“Larchmont's Leading Citizen”

Since: Dec 12

Hilliard, OH

#16149 Dec 20, 2012
<quoted text>
I think we may see Fed. Regulation/Registration, this time. There is just something about that mental image of 30-40 pound little 6 year olds with missing teeth, smiling in school photos, while laying in a pile of blood and arms and legs shot full of holes and torn apart. Time to say no more. We have to make some changes this time. It can be done without trampling on our Right To Bear Arms.
Founders had no concept of Assault Weapons.
They had no concept of TV and radio, yet we didn't trash the First Amendment when that technology came along.
Don't bet your house on anything changing:

Three Reasons Gun Control Isn't Going to Happen
http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2012/...

The key reason from the article:

2014 Mid-Term Elections

The Democrats have dodged two election threats to their majority in the Senate. They clung to their majority in 2010 and even managed to get back two seats last month. But, the GOP gets a third bite at the apple in 2014, when the Democrats will be defending 20 seats against the GOP's 13. In the 13th, Maine, the GOP would be strongly favored if Susan Collins opts, as expected, to run for reelection. The Democrats, by contrast face a dangerous array of states.

Among the states Democrats will be defending are Alaska, Arkansas, Louisiana, North Carolina, West Virginia, Virginia, New Hampshire, Colorado, Iowa, New Mexico and South Dakota. All of these states have very strong blocks of pro-gun voters. In Michigan, the issue could come into play if Sen. Carl Levin decides to retire.
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

#16150 Dec 20, 2012
<quoted text>
Takes a lot longer to take out 27 people with, say.....A pool Cue, or a knife w/out someone fighting back, than it does a BushMaster.
And if some nut who cannot get his hands on a gun tries to emulate the 1927 murder of children with dynamite?

You are convincing yourself that if we got rid of so-called assault weapons and reduced clip size, that crazed murderers would use a pool cue instead? Seriously?

It doesn't work that way. Make all the assault weapons illegal, make it illegal to have a clip more than 12 rounds, and you still won't stop an animal like Lanzo. Make it slightly more inconvenient for him? Yes, you will accomplish that. But you're not going to stop him. You only have two choices to stop a person like that: one is to make all guns illegal punishable by death which would take a Constitutional amendment, or two, you can provide armed security of some type in these schools.

Location hidden

#16151 Dec 20, 2012
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, you give the car keys to your child at the age of 16. When you leave them home alone, do you lock up all your medications and alcohol? You know that martial arts classes teach deadly moves--moves your child learns by the age of 12 if he or she started early enough? I know, I went up to black belt. By the time I hit black belt, I knew five different ways to kill a person in three moves or less.
At some point you have to put faith in your child if you believe they are capable of handling it. You can't insulate your kid from the real world their entire childhood.
Come on Ray. You keep ignoring the obvious. It is not likely a kid will kill 27 people with a car, but using an assault weapon, it's a piece of cake.
You can't insulate your kid from the real world? Isn't that what Religion, Home Schooling and Religious Schooling does/is?
I know some ways to off a person too, but I don't think I could take out 27 rapidly unless I used the Jim Jones Method of poisoning, ie. Cyanide.
Colby is Mediocre Cheese

Columbus, OH

#16152 Dec 20, 2012
<quoted text>They had no
The Democrats have dodged two election threats to their majority in the Senate. They clung to their majority in 2010 and even managed to get back two seats last month. But, the GOP gets a third bite at the apple in 2014, when the Democrats will be defending 20 seats against the GOP's 13. In the 13th, Maine, the GOP would be strongly favored if Susan Collins opts, as expected, to run for reelection. The Democrats, by contrast face a dangerous array of states.
Among the states Democrats will be defending are Alaska, Arkansas, Louisiana, North Carolina, West Virginia, Virginia, New Hampshire, Colorado, Iowa, New Mexico and South Dakota. All of these states have very strong blocks of pro-gun voters. In Michigan, the issue could come into play if Sen. Carl Levin decides to retire.
Democrats "dodged" election threats by strengthening their majority.

You know nothing about Maine. Maine's new independent Senator, A King, will caucus with Democrats and whoever replaces Susan Collins in 10 years will follow her independent streak.... READ will act nothing like a Republitard.

Location hidden

#16153 Dec 20, 2012
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
And if some nut who cannot get his hands on a gun tries to emulate the 1927 murder of children with dynamite?
You are convincing yourself that if we got rid of so-called assault weapons and reduced clip size, that crazed murderers would use a pool cue instead? Seriously?
It doesn't work that way. Make all the assault weapons illegal, make it illegal to have a clip more than 12 rounds, and you still won't stop an animal like Lanzo. Make it slightly more inconvenient for him? Yes, you will accomplish that. But you're not going to stop him. You only have two choices to stop a person like that: one is to make all guns illegal punishable by death which would take a Constitutional amendment, or two, you can provide armed security of some type in these schools.
No, hell no! The pool cue thing was some posts back and forth yesterday between Che, Duke, George Jeff Hilliard and UnReality I believe.
All I am saying is, it is easier to take out multitudes of people with an assault weapon than it is to take out multitudes of people with a knife, a regular gun, a rope and horse, almost anything except poisonous gas, dynamite, fire, bombs etc.

Location hidden

#16154 Dec 20, 2012
<quoted text>They had no concept of TV and radio, yet we didn't trash the First Amendment when that technology came along.
2014 Mid-Term Elections
Just saw some breaking news that Vote Boner had set for this eve. and stressed earlier today that he was sure he had the votes in the House has been cancelled and House Repubs have left DC for Christmas. Speaker has failed to lead and his Plan, He called Plan B, would have failed in the Senate &/or been Vetoed by Prez.
Speaker has failed to lead, cannot control his Caucas,(Tea Party) and Cantor is salivating for his job in Jan. which will be just as inefficient and dysfunctional.
Reminder. Reason GOP held on to house is because of Gerrymandering. Democrats overall got more votes on a Natl' level than did GOP. The crap GOP is pulling now in DC is not going to help them any.
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

#16155 Dec 20, 2012
<quoted text>
No, hell no! The pool cue thing was some posts back and forth yesterday between Che, Duke, George Jeff Hilliard and UnReality I believe.
All I am saying is, it is easier to take out multitudes of people with an assault weapon than it is to take out multitudes of people with a knife, a regular gun, a rope and horse, almost anything except poisonous gas, dynamite, fire, bombs etc.
And what do you consider a "regular gun?" Better yet, what would Democrats consider a regular gun?

Chris Rock on gun and ammo control:

http://www.mrctv.org/videos/chris-rock-gun-co...
Che Reagan Christ

Lodi, OH

#16156 Dec 20, 2012
<quoted text>We have knives, too.
Sorry, Che...much to your chagrin, my kid is well adjusted and normal.
Let's hope.
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

#16157 Dec 20, 2012
<quoted text>
Just saw some breaking news that Vote Boner had set for this eve. and stressed earlier today that he was sure he had the votes in the House has been cancelled and House Repubs have left DC for Christmas. Speaker has failed to lead and his Plan, He called Plan B, would have failed in the Senate &/or been Vetoed by Prez.
Speaker has failed to lead, cannot control his Caucas,(Tea Party) and Cantor is salivating for his job in Jan. which will be just as inefficient and dysfunctional.
Reminder. Reason GOP held on to house is because of Gerrymandering. Democrats overall got more votes on a Natl' level than did GOP. The crap GOP is pulling now in DC is not going to help them any.
While I don't care for Boehner, I do like what he recently said. If our taxes are all going to go up, it's on DumBama--not the Republican Congress. It's up to DumBama to sign a bill that extends all tax cuts. If he wants to play Let's Make A Deal, then it's on him. Republicans will sign an extension of all tax cuts if DumBama agrees.
Che Reagan Christ

Lodi, OH

#16158 Dec 20, 2012
Pops wrote:
<quoted text>You have proven once again that you don't understand. Thanx for the endorsement. There would be no pride in getting the better of a non-comprehending putz.
1st You didn't recognize a response when printed because of comprehension issues. 2nd, I am not trying to compete so there is No 'better or worse' score keeping on my part. 3rd, I would be wasting my time trying to explain to someone that twists & changes the wording/meaning of what others have said so that there is no longer any relevance. 4th. I don't remember accusing anyone by name of calling others a 'bunch of names' as you put it. Especially 'colorful' names. However, IF I had, I'm sure it applied. Lastly, you can be entertaining at times.
That made no sense whatsoever.

Location hidden

#16159 Dec 20, 2012
<quoted text>They had no concept of TV and radio, yet we didn't trash the First Amendment when that technology came along.
2014 Mid-Term Elections
Republicans are at the lowest they have ever been, due to their obstruction and protection of the top two percent. They know this, yet they continue, even today, ignoring the majority of Americans.
Big Democratic wins likely on Election Day - politics | NBC News www.msnbc.msn.com/id/15319792/ns/politics/t/b... ...

NBC/WSJ poll: Public's opinion of GOP hits record low ... It is the first time ever in this poll when a majority has sided with one party on this particular question.

United States Congress retains low approval rating

Press TV - 1 day ago
United States Congress retains low approval rating ... between the Democrats' and Republicans' approval of Congress, the largest measured ...
Congress Approval at 18%, Stuck in Long-Term Low Streak www.gallup.com/poll/158948/congress-approval-...

Nov 26, 2012 ... Despite low approval of Congress, election resulted in relatively low party ... Republicans and Democrats Equally Negative About Congress ...

Hilliard, OH

#16160 Dec 20, 2012
Colby is Mediocre Cheese wrote:
<quoted text>
Democrats "dodged" election threats by strengthening their majority.
You know nothing about Maine. Maine's new independent Senator, A King, will caucus with Democrats and whoever replaces Susan Collins in 10 years will follow her independent streak.... READ will act nothing like a Republitard.
If you ever visit Maine, I suggest you try fiddleheads. They have more substance than your silly rant.
Che Reagan Christ

Lodi, OH

#16161 Dec 20, 2012
Pops wrote:
<quoted text>I have never grabbed a point9mm & drilled on the public square nor do I intend to. 1st, there is no such thing as a point 9mm that I know of. Next, I have a .45 ACP among other calibers & gauges but no 9. BUT I guess that you got the better of me on this one! lol
You really have a problem. Are you hot for me or something?

Hilliard, OH

#16162 Dec 20, 2012
Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
Let's hope.
Don't you fret, Che. Go worry about climate change or some other trendy cause.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Kent Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Woman Heard Screaming, Shooting Man In Her Home... Mar 24 Bob Hoch 3
Grade Attorney Dennis Day Lager Public Defender Mar 18 Attorney F Lee Ba... 4
Whatever happened to Attorney Robin Bostick????? Feb '15 James Auther 4
News Wayne Dawson (Oct '09) Feb '15 Shemp 144
News Akron man posing as coach charged with sexual b... Feb '15 Walkin Boss 1
News Register for CPR and First Aid Training in Kent Feb '15 Derrick Sly 1
rat boy (Nov '08) Feb '15 old school 28
Kent Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web