Who do you support for Governor in Ohio in 2010?

Posted in the Kent Forum

Comments (Page 1,131)

Showing posts 22,601 - 22,620 of28,626
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Ignorance Is Bliss

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2014

Judged:

Canton wrote:
Yep. Deleting your browsing history to judge your own posts. Agreeing with yourself to seem important. Check and check. All the symptoms of a conniving Christian Conservative Rightwinger.
How's that working for you?
mutt

Chillicothe, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2014

Old Guy wrote:
It's certainly a good way to deflect the conversation from the origins of life, and your belief in intelligent design.......... I don't have a theory on the origin of the universe.
Deflect the conversation? Hardly. What's a discussion about the origins of life without delving into speculation about the origins of the universe? We live in the universe. Aren't you aware that secular scientists have tried to solve that mystery?

So, you have no idea how matter originated or even how the earth was formed, And all you can do is guess about how life began. But you know with absolute certainty there's no God?
Canton

Canton, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2014

Judged:

Ignorance Is Bliss wrote:
<quoted text>
How's that working for you?
How's the weather in Chilli...uh New York? Don't put much into the judge icons. You seem to have made it a hobby though. It's like a little peek into the true psychology of a person who would sit around and do that, don't cha' think? Oh...is it that proven fact that religious folks have lower IQs thing again? Oh well. Maybe some day you'll be able to play with the big dogs. Now back to the haunted truck driver and how god could always be but not the universe...
Pops

Newport, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2014

Judged:

Old Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
Pops, I'm afraid the answer is that YOU are. You keep making the "I don't like the white half, either!" joke. It's not really funny and it makes you look bad. If you saw Obama walking down the street, would you think "Hey, look at that half-white guy"? Nope, you'd think of him as a black man. That's the way it is in the US. A lot of it is a result of racist distinctions where even "a single drop of blood" was enough to be considered black.
<quoted text>

He is obviously more educated than you. I don't see him resorting to childish insults.
Pops, I think you are better than this. If you don't like some of Obama's policies, fine.(I'm unhappy with some of them, too.) But attack the policies, not the man. By focusing on personal, racial insults, it make it appear that part of your dislike for Obama is the color of his skin, rather than his politics.
You overlook the FACT that I was responding EACH time to another post that introduced the race card & thusly made it an issue. Can I presume that all of us are allowed to respond to the posts of others?
THEN, remember that Obama himself ( not me) very recently brought race to the forefront when using race as an excuse for his poll scores. I didn't start the topic, I only responded to what others started including our POTUS.
I won't go into case after personal case as to evidence that I am not racist since you are free to believe or disbelieve anything that anyone posts, but I have dated bi-racial & have bi-racial kids in my family. BUT I will REPEAT that Obama has recently claimed racism for his poll numbers...NOT me.
But I understand your train of thoughts for your post.
As far as Obama being more 'educated' than me, IF 'education' means the knowledge to obfuscate, deny things that have been recorded & video taped or to be able to make excuses for unkept promises I have to admit that he is royalty while in comparison I am a shoe polisher. I would bow to him just as he has bowed to monarchs around the world.
Pops

Newport, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2014

Canton wrote:
<quoted text>
This isn't the 50's. Although you wouldn't know it, listening to Conservatives.
Sorry, YOU brought up the 50's. Mutt responded to that post
Pops

Newport, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2014

Canton wrote:
<quoted text>
Intelligent Design IS Creationism. In fact, you sneaky, conniving Bible voters got busted once, replacing the word creationism with intelligent design...
Just like libs/progressives/dems replacing 'tax increases' with "revenue enhancement". I can see the comparison.
By the way, I am NOT a 'bible thumper' & can NOT stand people ( Atheistic zealots & religious zealots) that are not tolerant of other views. WE do not have to agree to be tolerant.
Anyone being religious will NOT make the grass turn green anymore than someone being atheist will make the grass turn brown or visa versa.
Pops

Newport, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2014

xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
As it is taught in religion, God was always there. There was no beginning for him. How is that possible? How is it possible the universe goes on forever? And even if we ventured out into the universe far enough and found a wall, what's behind the wall?
From a religious point of view, time is yet one of the most amazing things that God created. In actuality, there really is no time.
FAITH in God is the most difficult argument to present to a nonbeliever so weigh your efforts & monitor your passions.
Don't be baited & just leave others alone while keeping it personal to your own heart.
Old Guy

Cincinnati, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2014

Judged:

xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe you didn't look hard enough:
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
I just watched all 39 seconds of that video, and missed the moment where Obama referred to himself as "the black candidate." I thought that you actually found some brief clip to back up your point, that's why I clicked to watch it. Thanks for wasting my time. Perhaps you'll understand if next time I don't watch...
Old Guy

Cincinnati, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2014

Judged:

mutt wrote:
<quoted text>
Deflect the conversation? Hardly. What's a discussion about the origins of life without delving into speculation about the origins of the universe?
Two entirely separate questions, talking about events that happened at vastly different times.

Estimate for the origin of the universe is about 13.8 billion years ago. Origin of life on the planet Earth? That's a mere 3.5 billion years ago. For you, it may all seem to be just a big ball of fuzzy unknowables. But, for scientists, there is general consensus that evolution is correct, based on a great deal of physical evidence. But when it comes to the origin of the universe, there is no consensus. It doesn't mean that it is forever unknowable, but just that we don't know it NOW.
Old Guy

Cincinnati, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2014

xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
As it is taught in religion, God was always there. There was no beginning for him. How is that possible? How is it possible the universe goes on forever? And even if we ventured out into the universe far enough and found a wall, what's behind the wall?
Religion doesn't have to make sense. Science does. Religion helps us through stories and parables, and once was the only explanation for the uncertainties of our physical world. Science came along, and offered a different take on reality --- one that was constantly evolving, based on new information. Now science has helped us to achieve amazing goals. We now understand (as a culture) so much more about this world we live in.

But religion still has it's place. In the course of living, life will deliver to each of us a number of personal tragedies. Events that challenge us on a very personal level. Science offers cold comfort in those circumstances, while a nice story about better places where chronic pain is relieved and loved ones will be reunited is much appreciated by many.

Unfortunately, the more we mix the two together, the more they are each diminished.
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
As it is taught in religion, God was always there. There was no beginning for him. How is that possible?
"A well-known scientist (some say it was Bertrand Russell) once gave a public lecture on astronomy. He described how the earth orbits around the sun and how the sun, in turn, orbits around the center of a vast collection of stars called our galaxy. At the end of the lecture, a little old lady at the back of the room got up and said: "What you have told us is rubbish. The world is really a flat plate supported on the back of a giant tortoise." The scientist gave a superior smile before replying, "What is the tortoise standing on?" "You're very clever, young man, very clever," said the old lady. "But it's tortoises all the way down!"
—Hawking, 1988"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Turtles_all_the_...
Pops

Newport, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2014

Judged:

Old Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
I just watched all 39 seconds of that video, and missed the moment where Obama referred to himself as "the black candidate." I thought that you actually found some brief clip to back up your point, that's why I clicked to watch it. Thanks for wasting my time. Perhaps you'll understand if next time I don't watch...
Come on Old Guy. Don't be niave or closed minded. Obama personally didn't claim to be 'only'black'. He let his propagandists, handlers, PR people, campaign manager, the media & strategist do that & he NEVER publicly voiced any opposition to such an M.O when the accusation came up.. That's why 95% of blacks voted for Obama TWICE.
Like the movie, Independence Day..."plausible deniability " just like he denies about every thing else OR blames others still after 5 yrs in office..
Old Guy

Cincinnati, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2014

Judged:

xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Perhaps you'll follow the conversation next time. Your claim was that DumBama didn't engage in name calling, so I posted this video where he called Bush "irresponsible" and "un-patriotic."
Your debate about DumBama referring to his race was with Pops---Not me. Pay attention.
Those are legitimate complaints, and , if true, can be damning. It's very different from juvenile insults (like mocking someone's name or their physical charateristics.)
Old Guy

Cincinnati, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2014

Pops wrote:
<quoted text> FAITH in God is the most difficult argument to present to a nonbeliever so weigh your efforts & monitor your passions.
Don't be baited & just leave others alone while keeping it personal to your own heart.
Faith is a very personal thing, and hard to share with others (no matter how much they might wish to believe.) Science is easy to share with others, but often hard to understand.
Old Guy

Cincinnati, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2014

Judged:

Pops wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't be baited...
This is always good advice (as any worm will tell you!)
Old Guy

Cincinnati, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2014

Judged:

Pops wrote:
<quoted text> Come on Old Guy. Don't be niave or closed minded. Obama personally didn't claim to be 'only'black'. He let his propagandists, handlers, PR people, campaign manager, the media & strategist do that & he NEVER publicly voiced any opposition to such an M.O when the accusation came up.. That's why 95% of blacks voted for Obama TWICE.
Like the movie, Independence Day..."plausible deniability " just like he denies about every thing else OR blames others still after 5 yrs in office..
Evidence, Pops? Or is that just a factoid you heard on talk radio? I've always thought that Obama played down his blackness, and acted like the average bright white guy. That's probably why he was elected twice. At least half of your comments focus on his race, while offering no specifics about what you dislike. It makes you look bad.
Pops

Newport, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2014

Old Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
Faith is a very personal thing, and hard to share with others (no matter how much they might wish to believe.) Science is easy to share with others, but often hard to understand.
Agree...that is my message. Even missionaries must deal with rejection & opposition inspite of their strength & depth of conviction.
Look at all of the Islamist that are willing to kill because one is Shia & one is Sunni & another is something else even tho ALL are Islamist.
Hebrews, Islamists & Christians ALL believe that Abraham is the father of all. They believe in Moses, Jesus, & others plus they believe in monotheism & instead of concentrating in their simularities & finding a brotherhood, they combat on the less significant differences. What a shame.
Such differences are clearly not worth killing over.
Pops

Newport, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2014

Judged:

Old Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
Evidence, Pops? Or is that just a factoid you heard on talk radio? I've always thought that Obama played down his blackness, and acted like the average bright white guy. That's probably why he was elected twice. At least half of your comments focus on his race, while offering no specifics about what you dislike. It makes you look bad.
WOW! You seem to have selective memory. OR selective denial. I have posted countless times the issues that I have with Obama. I'll restate a few. Transparency, working across the isle ( & then he states that republicans can come along but need to sit in the back), reducing the debit, deficit, & unemployment ALL in his 1st term or "this will be a one term proposition". Note the quotation.
ALL bills would be on C-Span for days for comments B4 a final vote. That Never happened.
!!
How about declaring that Bush's deficit was "unpatriotic" from the bank of China & then Obama met or exceeded the "unpatriotic" that he slammed.
My goodness! I could go on & on & on if you like, just ask & I will add to this list 2 or 3 fold.
I am NOT a youngster & easily state that Obama is the WORST president in my lifetime. He is the biggest myopic egotist since FDR & possibly before that. That is saying something since LBJ, Nixon & Clinton felt that they were immune to attack & above attack when 2 of them were subjected impeachment.
Obama will never be faced with impeachment because everyone knows that the Harry Ried Senate will not hold a vote. I just want to get thru these next 3 yrs & kiss his a$$ goodbye.
GOOD BYE, not SOON ENOUGH!!
Canton

Canton, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2014

Judged:

Pops wrote:
<quoted text> Just like libs/progressives/dems replacing 'tax increases' with "revenue enhancement". I can see the comparison.
By the way, I am NOT a 'bible thumper' & can NOT stand people ( Atheistic zealots & religious zealots) that are not tolerant of other views. WE do not have to agree to be tolerant.
Anyone being religious will NOT make the grass turn green anymore than someone being atheist will make the grass turn brown or visa versa.
Well put. Not putting any religion above another is what this country was founded upon. Keep that in mind when you hear things like "War on Christmas" or read things like them trying to sneak religious Creationism into public school science classes.
Canton

Canton, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2014

Judged:

Pops wrote:
<quoted text> WOW! You seem to have selective memory. OR selective denial. I have posted countless times the issues that I have with Obama. I'll restate a few. Transparency, working across the isle ( & then he states that republicans can come along but need to sit in the back), reducing the debit, deficit, & unemployment ALL in his 1st term or "this will be a one term proposition". Note the quotation.
ALL bills would be on C-Span for days for comments B4 a final vote. That Never happened.
!!
How about declaring that Bush's deficit was "unpatriotic" from the bank of China & then Obama met or exceeded the "unpatriotic" that he slammed.
My goodness! I could go on & on & on if you like, just ask & I will add to this list 2 or 3 fold.
I am NOT a youngster & easily state that Obama is the WORST president in my lifetime. He is the biggest myopic egotist since FDR & possibly before that. That is saying something since LBJ, Nixon & Clinton felt that they were immune to attack & above attack when 2 of them were subjected impeachment.
Obama will never be faced with impeachment because everyone knows that the Harry Ried Senate will not hold a vote. I just want to get thru these next 3 yrs & kiss his a$$ goodbye.
GOOD BYE, not SOON ENOUGH!!
So you are saying it's because he's black? We know. Believe me...we ALL know.
Reality Speaks

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2014

Canton wrote:
<quoted text>
Well put. Not putting any religion above another is what this country was founded upon. Keep that in mind when you hear things like "War on Christmas" or read things like them trying to sneak religious Creationism into public school science classes.
end the war on Christmas, and the national holiday paid day off.

Every public employee must work on Christmas day, because those of us paying you are taking the day off.

No double time, just another day of work.

Problem solved.

PS: same goes with Thanksgiving...an atheist country has nothing to be thankful for, so get back to work.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 22,601 - 22,620 of28,626
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Kent Discussions

Search the Kent Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
OH Who do you support for Auditor in Ohio in 2010? (Oct '10) 15 hr gertrud 227
Gay Games Rodeo coming to Summit County Fairgro... Jul 9 Tu Hung Lo 8
Wayne Dawson (Oct '09) Jul 8 Cliff 135
Smelly city drinking water gets a dose of carbon (Aug '08) Jul 6 miss fortune 16
OH Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Ohio in 2... (Oct '10) Jul 2 Lindsay 2,213
Lisa Proctor one sick parent. Jul 1 Tommy 8
Stow High shooting in 1972 (Oct '12) Jul 1 Tommy 21
•••
•••
•••
•••

Kent Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Kent People Search