Kent Neighborhood Fights Speeders | O...

Kent Neighborhood Fights Speeders | Ohio News Network (ONN)

There are 7 comments on the 10TV WBNS story from Aug 17, 2010, titled Kent Neighborhood Fights Speeders | Ohio News Network (ONN). In it, 10TV WBNS reports that:

When construction projects closed down a main road in Kent, Carthage Avenue became a cut-through street.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at 10TV WBNS.

Im just sayin

Dallas, TX

#1 Aug 17, 2010
Maybe Heath should put up signs asking people not to run red lights?
Jon H

Columbus, OH

#2 Aug 17, 2010
speedbumps would have been cheaper.
Mommieof3

Wheeling, WV

#3 Aug 17, 2010
Every side street in America should have speedbumps.
well

Philo, OH

#4 Aug 17, 2010
I have an idea - its called A SPEEDING TICKET. Since there appears to be construction involved and this is a detour, then fines could be doubled. Heck - you could probably pay for the entire $560 worth of signs with the first two speeing tickets, and then go on to make another $50,000 before the week is out.
wastedopportunit y

Columbus, OH

#5 Aug 18, 2010
this could have been a great way to generate revenue for the city by citing the speeders disrespecting the law!
kent resident

Vermilion, OH

#6 Aug 29, 2010
these people are crybabies. I use this road a lot and ppl aren't speeding much if at all and never were. 30 in a 25 isnt a big deal, hardly even any kids on the street. the signs in everyones yard look atrocious and far worse than any traffic or speeding. I for one don't speed on at all. But I dont care if ppl are going 5 or so over the limit. Let the cops give tickets. These people are whiners.
Gary

Vincent, OH

#7 Aug 29, 2010
These signs are just plain stupid and you gotta wonder about the dillhole who thought of this ? Yeah I'm all for people slowing down but some sign in a yard wouldn't change my speed at all.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Kent Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Portage-County 34 mins ago 9:26 p.m.Dead body f... Apr 8 GANGBUSTERS 3
Deke Rivers (Jan '12) Apr 2 One who knows 2
News Wayne Dawson (Oct '09) Mar 29 Shemp 161
News Request rubs Ravenna Twp. the wrong way Plan fo... (Sep '07) Mar 27 Sal The Barber 56
Holiday Sands (Jul '06) Mar 27 Russ 203
Congrats to KSU Flashes Mar '17 classmate 1
News Falls fees nothing less than scam (Jul '08) Mar '17 stow_sufferer 187

Kent Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Kent Mortgages