A Minnesota Mystery: The Kensington R...

A Minnesota Mystery: The Kensington Runestone

There are 4 comments on the WCCO-TV story from Aug 19, 2007, titled A Minnesota Mystery: The Kensington Runestone. In it, WCCO-TV reports that:

It's one of Minnesota's greatest mysteries. It's something that puts settlers in America well before Columbus. A Minnesota geologist thinks the controversial Kensington Runestone is the real thing and there is evidence that he says backs up the theory.

The Kensington Runestone is a rock found near Alexandria a century ago. It's inscription speaking of Norwegians here in 1362. It begs the question. Were Vikings exploring our land more than 100 years before Columbus? Or is it just an elaborate hoax? Read more

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WCCO-TV.

Dean Edman

United States

#1 Aug 30, 2007
my father remembered when they used the Stone for a step to get into the granery,he spent a lot of time at the farm and he told me that is truly real.
bob

Adrian, MN

#2 Mar 25, 2009
this website sukes balls badly
billy

Barrett, MN

#3 May 20, 2009
up yours bob
wow

Cherry Hill, NJ

#4 Nov 17, 2009
Dean Edman wrote:
my father remembered when they used the Stone for a step to get into the granery,he spent a lot of time at the farm and he told me that is truly real.
how cool

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Kensington Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Review: Double M Sales Inc (Nov '14) Nov '14 Clyde 1
News Nonprofit's board failed the taxpayers (Sep '14) Sep '14 Its OK to be Normal 6
Debate: Trayvon Martin - Kensington, MN (Mar '12) Mar '12 The Voice 5
Election Who do you support for U.S. House in Minnesota ... (Oct '10) Nov '10 DJ 4
News Russell Fridley, 82, led Minnesota Historical S... (Jun '10) Jun '10 Emerson Boozer Guy 2
News Back Roads: Riddle of the runestone (Nov '07) Nov '07 Dean Edman 1
News Sheriff race down to two (Oct '06) Oct '06 Bernice 1

Kensington Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Kensington Mortgages