Suburban Parents Resist Trend Toward ...

Suburban Parents Resist Trend Toward School Metal Detectors

There are 33 comments on the WUSA Washington, DC story from Apr 18, 2008, titled Suburban Parents Resist Trend Toward School Metal Detectors. In it, WUSA Washington, DC reports that:

Metal detectors have long been fixtures in schools in Washington and other urban districts, but suburban communities have resisted the trend.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WUSA Washington, DC.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
gospel3g

Andrews Air Force Base, MD

#21 Apr 18, 2008
All I can say is this is so disturbing. But, better safe than sorry. I'm glad that they are puttin metal detectors in school. It seems no matter where you live now, this is going on. It's not a black or white issue it's a PEOPLE issue. I'm praying for some kind of solution. My children are grown, but that does not make me say "Oh well, my children are grown, so it's not my problem". It's everyone's problem..........Lord God help us.
Travis

Falls Church, VA

#22 Apr 18, 2008
I'm a student and I'd be all for having metal detectors at my school. Who cares if it makes school feel like prison, at least it will make it safer.

“ITS TIME TO ROOST !”

Since: Nov 07

Princess Anne, MD

#23 Apr 19, 2008
EITHER THE SCHOOLS FEEL LIKE PRISONS OR FEEL LIKE THE HUNTING GROUNDS THAT THEY ARE NOW?
ITS NOT THE 70's/80's ANYMORE?
PARENTS...GET OVER IT!
John

Washington, DC

#24 Apr 19, 2008
Montgomery County denied that there were gangs in the county until about ten years ago. They didn't want to turn off high profile companies that wanted to move there. Now it is metal detectors. In five years the schools on the east side of the county will all have them.

“"Knuckle Busting Fun!"”

"DC" Where Else?

#25 Apr 19, 2008
I think the last four comments were well said!
Common Phacking Sense

Staunton, VA

#26 Apr 19, 2008
Well, if you put metal detectors in the schools, you only stop guns from getting in the schools. They do nothing for the parking lots or the bus stops. Displacing the guns doesn't eliminate them. Only positive protective measures - mandatory non-parole jail time for possession in a school zone will deter this behavior. Or at least arm those teachers willing to be armed so they can administer justice (also known as neutralizing) should one of these fine young American students decide to show his weapon on school grounds. Show your gun - receive a funeral. Simple...just simple.

“"Knuckle Busting Fun!"”

"DC" Where Else?

#27 Apr 19, 2008
Common Phacking Sense wrote:
Well, if you put metal detectors in the schools, you only stop guns from getting in the schools. They do nothing for the parking lots or the bus stops. Displacing the guns doesn't eliminate them. Only positive protective measures - mandatory non-parole jail time for possession in a school zone will deter this behavior. Or at least arm those teachers willing to be armed so they can administer justice (also known as neutralizing) should one of these fine young American students decide to show his weapon on school grounds. Show your gun - receive a funeral. Simple...just simple.
What an idiot! What do you think the policeman or Sheriff's deputy in the school is for!

Teachers are overburden now!

You think they have to worry about shooting students too!

There is a nice warm bed at St Elizabeth's Hospital!

Why don't you check yourself in!!!

LMMFAO!
Common Phacking Sense

Staunton, VA

#28 Apr 19, 2008
LOL, this from a DC resident! Go figure!

“"Knuckle Busting Fun!"”

"DC" Where Else?

#29 Apr 19, 2008
Common Phacking Sense wrote:
LOL, this from a DC resident! Go figure!
Since you want to blow away a child so badly agitator!

Why don't you take a gun and go into the schools after the Bloods, Little Rascals or MS-13 in Warrenton and see if you can blow away a gangbanger!

The Sheriff's Deputy at the school will blow your bigoted turkey neck away!

Punk agitators like you usually do nothing, but agitate!
TWA

Mechanicsburg, PA

#30 Apr 20, 2008
I'm for metal detectors in Montgomery County schools - so what if my kids feel like their in prison - at least they are ALIVE. Think about the parents who have lost children in the past school shootings - they have to live EVERYDAY withouth their child. I don't want to feel that way. I don't want to have to bury my child.
Minister Dizzy

Bethesda, MD

#31 Apr 20, 2008
Put them at Crimestein and in areas where schools have higher crime.

Crimestein and Wee-Un have been insults to the strong academics out county has stood for and their statistics bring down the county nationally. Most of the students dont even want to be there and have the lowest grad rates in the county.

Put in detectors and hire blackwater to protect the school. They are harboring criminals

“"Knuckle Busting Fun!"”

"DC" Where Else?

#32 Apr 20, 2008
Minister Dizzy wrote:
Put them at Crimestein and in areas where schools have higher crime.
Crimestein and Wee-Un have been insults to the strong academics out county has stood for and their statistics bring down the county nationally. Most of the students dont even want to be there and have the lowest grad rates in the county.
Put in detectors and hire blackwater to protect the school. They are harboring criminals
Oh No, Blackwater!

They are the most hairtrigger, trigger happy bunch in the world!

There won't be no kids or teachers left!

LOL!
jojocooldaddy

Hyattsville, MD

#33 Apr 20, 2008
Okay, I am a teacher in Montgomery County, have been for 26 years. Yes, there are gangs -- even "white boy" gangs and people try to say they are just "wannabees"... well those "wannabees" sell drugs, break into houses, have sex parties, and take out punishment on any kids who mess with them. Of course, mommy and daddy can always hire a good lawyer when they get caught. Then there are the racial problems that no one will ever admit to. Can we talk about minority dropouts? What about videotaping school fights for youtube all over Montgomery County schools? 99% of people who swear they know what is going on have no freakin' clue at all.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Kensington Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Bedbugs: Open Letter to Kay Management (Jul '07) Sat LMR from hyattsville 39
News Phony social worker convicted (May '06) Sat Tzachery 163
purchase of diazapam?physeptone tablets (May '12) Sat Bolton06 36
Siayuri Singh Fri whom 5
Review: Us Air Duct & AC LLC (Apr '10) Jul 22 Jon 27
TLC channel esp. M. Kaplan Jul 18 surely we will 2
Review: DMV Naturalista (Jan '15) Jul 4 Chris 4
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Kensington Mortgages