1979-1984 murder case in kenova,wv
moonprincess

Kenova, WV

#83 Oct 9, 2011
what was the motive for this murder ..I remember that sad day but never knew why this person done this
DENISE MARTIN

Huntington, WV

#84 Oct 14, 2011
ENOUGH OF ALL THE LIES FROM ALL OF YOU INCLUDING SOME THAT ARE SUPPOSED TO BE FAMILY. ELISSA HOLDERBY & I KNOW THE TRUTH, IF YOU WANT TO KNOW SOMETHING CONTACT ONE OF US ANY FAMILY MEMBER CAN GET OUR PHONE'S # & ADDRESS. PLEASE QUIT PRINTING THESE LIES ABOUT MY SISTER, COUSIN & THE 2 WILCOX CHILDREN.
long gone

New York, NY

#85 Oct 15, 2011
DENISE MARTIN wrote:
<quoted text>I'M DENISE, TERESA BURTON (TINKER) SISTER IF YOU WANT TO SPEAK WITH MY FAMILY PLEASE POST ON HERE YOUR ADDRESS, PHONE #, OR E-MAIL ON HERE & I'LL CONTACT YOU, I WORK IN HUNTINGTON BUT LIVE IN OHIO. DAVID LIVES CLOSE TO KENOVA IF YOU WANT TO CONTACT HIM. THERE ARE A LOT OF POSTINGS ON THIS SITE THAT ARE INCORRECT & FROM IGNORANT PEOPLE THAT HAVE NOTHING BETTER TO DOEXCEPT UPSET MY FAMILY. I'M NOT INTO THE INTERNET OFTEN BUT WILL WATCH TO SEE IF YOU WANT CONTACTED.
Stella and Chrissie was my age, well a little older. They were in the same grade as my sister. I was driving thru Kenova today and past the place where this happened and said a prayer for the families . I would love to know how the kids( now adults ) r doin. [email protected]
Curious

Port Deposit, MD

#86 Oct 18, 2011
Did David Watson ever give a reason as to why he committed these murders? Did he know the victims? Or did he just pick the house randomly? I remember this. I was a child living in Kenova when it happened. I can't remember all the details but I do remember that this was the night we started to sleep with all the windows and doors locked.
Mary Alice

Huntington, WV

#87 Oct 19, 2011
Those of you that had such nice things to say about My father Tom Perry, Thank you for your Kindness! He was my Hero...One that never seen a stranger, and always had a helping hand too those who were in need!
Kenova was a Mayberry USA as i knew it growing up there my whole young life, until i was 32 before i moved away from it!
Be nice to go back to that today, but impossible drugs, alcohol and just Crime in General has destroyed a wonderful small hometown, that use to have nothing but the ole fashion skeleton keys in the doors. Thats how safe it was then....hard to imagine that now isn't it?
I know that if you remember Daddy you know Me...God Bless You and Yours. And again Thank You for the rememberance!
Mary Alice

Huntington, WV

#88 Oct 19, 2011
DENISE MARTIN wrote:
ENOUGH OF ALL THE LIES FROM ALL OF YOU INCLUDING SOME THAT ARE SUPPOSED TO BE FAMILY. ELISSA HOLDERBY & I KNOW THE TRUTH, IF YOU WANT TO KNOW SOMETHING CONTACT ONE OF US ANY FAMILY MEMBER CAN GET OUR PHONE'S # & ADDRESS. PLEASE QUIT PRINTING THESE LIES ABOUT MY SISTER, COUSIN & THE 2 WILCOX CHILDREN.
Denise i was trying to do what you are talking about! All twisted badly!
Mother & Tawnya my Daughter sat right behind Bob all through the trial so i know what we've said was correct! God Bless You & Your's I have wondered so often about Glenna & Betty, I know that Alice died and i guess Keith is still in Kenova. And is married to someone else. Tawnya and I were talking the other day about trying to get in touch with some of you all...here's my e-mail...send me a message i'll ans promise!( [email protected] )
libby

Milpitas, CA

#89 Feb 1, 2012
does anyone remevber a case in radnor or wayne west virginia? a yound girl missing/homicide case?

possibly the same case a girl went misssing while her dad and brother were washing the car

between 1991-1994 thanks for your help
Kenova raised

Madison, WV

#90 Aug 26, 2012
I knew Johnny and think about him often he was a little sweetheart. I was a 12 at the time and it broke my heart. But I will never forget him.
Workinforalivin

Roanoke, VA

#91 Sep 18, 2012
kenova girl wrote:
I remember this like it was yesterday. we had the mother of the wilcoxs kids in the old Huntington Hospital she was dying of cancer and had no place to live so the lady named tiker bell let shirley wilcox and her children live with her on Oak st.Watson killed all but two kids. Shirley was in the hospital had just under gone surgery for ovarian cancer and was watching the 12 news and found out her children had been killed. Shirley went down hill after that and lived until Sept. of that year. When she died I was called up to the surgial floor to say goodbye to her. I was so upset unitl I seen how peaceful this woman was she was now with her babies. The Kentucky State Police picked Watson up for peeping into his grandmothers window..I always said Watson should have been charged with Shirleys murder too... Very sad story this woman had no where to live and no money and tinker bell took her and her family in and was trying to be a good person and someone took them out of this world for damn reason. May Watson rot in hell...
actually the wilcox family was renting a house on 16th and sycamore st. At that time. I know this because I lived on the same block
angiekenova

Slippery Rock, PA

#92 Sep 19, 2012
I know this all to well they all should still be living I MISS THEM ALL
Greg

Commerce, GA

#93 Nov 5, 2012
I remember this, I lived a few houses down behind the
the Church about half a block away. I went to school with stella
A kid

Slippery Rock, PA

#94 Nov 6, 2012
Why are you asking now?
karen

Dayton, OH

#95 Jun 17, 2013
I remember this incident very well. I knew Stella Booth. She lived on 23rd Street and she lived a few doors down from my grandmother. She played with me and my cousin one summer. She was around 8 years old then. She was a nice little girl. I was a couple of years older than she was and I went on to high school and didn't see her again. Then when I was 15 I went out of state for the summer and when I came back I heard about the murder. It was shocking. Kenova felt like a safe place to live until that happened. I also met Bobby Joe Long one time (in 1980 when he was working in his mother's shop). I went over there trying to get my first job and he was working there that summer. I was so glad she didn't hire me when I heard what happened in Florida. I guess Kenova wasn't as safe a place as I always thought it was.
Lee ann is bi sexual

Kenova, WV

#96 Jun 17, 2013
Katie wrote:
I remember when that happened.
dead dead dead
karen

Dayton, OH

#97 Jun 17, 2013
Mary Alice wrote:
Those of you that had such nice things to say about My father Tom Perry, Thank you for your Kindness! He was my Hero...One that never seen a stranger, and always had a helping hand too those who were in need!
Kenova was a Mayberry USA as i knew it growing up there my whole young life, until i was 32 before i moved away from it!
Be nice to go back to that today, but impossible drugs, alcohol and just Crime in General has destroyed a wonderful small hometown, that use to have nothing but the ole fashion skeleton keys in the doors. Thats how safe it was then....hard to imagine that now isn't it?
I know that if you remember Daddy you know Me...God Bless You and Yours. And again Thank You for the rememberance!
Tom Perry was my great uncle. I knew him! My mother loved him and spoke so kindly of him. I also remember meeting you when I was a little girl at my grandma's house.
Lee ann is bi sexual

Kenova, WV

#98 Jun 17, 2013
Lee ann is bi sexual wrote:
<quoted text>dead dead dead
dead dead dead
brian

Huntington, WV

#99 Jul 14, 2013
if everyone wants to know what happen u need to read the trial transcrit like i did cause a lot of u have it worong and no david watson never did give a reason we will never know why but at least he will never get out of prison
wilma fangerdo

Kenova, WV

#100 Jul 14, 2013
brian wrote:
if everyone wants to know what happen u need to read the trial transcrit like i did cause a lot of u have it worong and no david watson never did give a reason we will never know why but at least he will never get out of prison
just keep it up. you are being watched
brian

Huntington, WV

#101 Jul 14, 2013
all of u can judge me i know what happen i read the trial transcript and tha tink was my mother and me and david r doing ok now just trying to get on with r lives i think about it all the time and will never know why it happen and i never got to know my mother i was only 4 years old and who ever said that im being watched im not worried just keep watching and i will write more later
christy burton

Huntington, WV

#102 Jul 14, 2013
don't know about magazine but go to wayne county court house and read the transcript its all in there they are public record two children were alive and three kids died and one adult died im married to the one child that was in the hospital and not home when it happened
hazel wrote:
<quoted text>
You are the closest so far. My mother was on her way to pick up johnny wilcox-11, christie Wilcox-15, and Cheryl Beth Wilcox age 8. Tinkerbell was her name-pretty sure she was 28 & 8 months pregnant. Cheryl Beth hid the little boy 5, in the closet with her. yes the guy spent the night, cnd bathed. i still have pics of them when we were little.it was 1979, i to was 11.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Kenova Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
does anyone know allen rice??? (Nov '09) 3 hr Nona 5
Tom and Linda 3 hr bart 6
springvalley paylake 10 hr westend 1
mcdonalds on oak street Fri Erica 4
got burnt Fri mad 3
Create your own Forum Fri Linda-Rose 365
That's Kenova Fri Roy Clifton 3
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Kenova Mortgages