BOOTH

Mineral Ridge, OH

#41 Nov 9, 2009
I miss you Stella and Christy.Stella(REE-REE)with your big brown eyes! And Christy with your beautiful thick blonde hair.May you watch over us.
Mary Alice Perego

United States

#42 Dec 3, 2009
Kenova Kid wrote:
Anyone remember a murder that occured in the neighboring town of huntington wv,(Kenova,wv)
I'm not sure exactly what year but it had to have been between the years of 1979-1984 as I was in Jr high when the murders occured
The murder happened on the main drag in Kenova wv ( rt60) a few blocks from drive thru store. called the midget. and close to Dreamland Pool.
There were several people in the house that were murderd. all of them died except for one child who the murderer never saw because she hide under a mattress or something like that. I think that there may have been a total of 4 or 6 people in the house at the time murder took place
I am thinking some of the victims last names were Hill and i do know for sure that the one of the female victims name was Stella Booth. there were also a coulple of children also.
They actually gt the guy who did the murder and he was found quilty. and sent to prison.
I am curious about the case cause kenova,wv is my home town and talked about today.
Mrs.Mikey
Mrs Milkey:
That was (Burton and Wilcox) The Wilcox's children's Mother was in the hospital and they were being card for at that home by the Burton mother which was a friend! The Burton male baby child in the bed behin d his Mother was left alive, and one of the visiting Wilcox children was under the bed in the middle room...she survived and watched him klll her little brother and put a mattress over him in the hallway ! that house was owned by Gaylen Cisco A Kenova business man and one of my father's best friends...I'm Tom Perry's daughter mary Alice! The man that killed them was David Wesley Watson from Ky. 4 were killed.
AJH

Ashburn, VA

#43 Dec 3, 2009
I went to school with stella and christine, stella was 14 and christine was 14, it happen on june 25 1979, 3 children were murdererd which was john wilcox, stella booth and christine wilcox, and teresa burton, teresa burton was not pregnat, stella and christys body was found wraped in sleeping bags on the floor, john was in the hallway, upstairs under a rug and a mattress,the first police officer on the scene was jim mills, david burton and sherry wilcox survived,the man that done it was david watson, I was going through a box that i saved from high school and found the newspaper clippings, I wasn't going to post this on here, but people has been asking questions about it, so I thought that this may help, clear up what ever questions people may have, I didn't read all the clippings I have but if u have any questions, I may have the answer out of the paper, I still think about stella and christy,
Tawnya

Huntington, WV

#44 Dec 7, 2009
AJH, I also have the clippings and i am stella's cousin Tom Perrys granddaughter, i went to the trial everyday it was a sad thing, i think we need the death pentalty for low life's like that...
AJH

West Lafayette, OH

#45 Dec 7, 2009
Tawnya, yes I do think the death pentalty should come back on low lifes like him, i don't think he should have gotten jail time for this, I think he should have hung on the train bridge and let everyone watch him suffer like they did.
what i remember

East Springfield, OH

#46 Dec 8, 2009
i was friends w/stella booth.,christina and johnny wilcox.those three died along with a woman named tink.i always thought the little boy and girl made it!i heard the little boy rolled out of the bed while his mother was being killed,and the little girl drug him into the closet with her!
Bigfoot888

Utica, PA

#47 Jan 3, 2010
If I remember correctly, there was a Bar next door to the apartment the victims lived in. A girl under age was staying with a family member and the two girls when over to the Bar where they met a man. Patrons paid the man little attention because he was new and not a regular at the Bar. The older girl invited him to her apartment where a dispute broke out over the younger girl and the man wasc asked to leave and he did. He returned and murdered a young boy, and the two women. Two kids hid from the killer. Next morning as a neighbor was picking up her newspaper, the kids were in the window yelling for help, so she called the police. Several days after, the suspect in the killings was being questioned by Kentucky State Police on a different situation when he confessed to the murders and showed police where he had disposed of the murder weapon, a car jack, I believe they said, it was a long time ago, but blood and tissue samples confirmed. He was sentenced to life in prison. Sorry, names are not remembered.
the paperboy

Huntington, WV

#48 Feb 15, 2010
before i through the paper on the porch, i knew somthing was very wrong. I could feel it! There was always a light or two on and usully a radio. That early morning..... nothing, but pure silence. I remember telling one of the cops that something seemed wrong. The next thing I new .... just as my rout was over...the police was everywhere. I knew Stella Booth pretty well. we used to talk as freinds. I cried so hard when i found out what happened. She was a good freind. I still miss her.
Trish

Slippery Rock, PA

#49 Feb 18, 2010
It happend to the Wilcox family. The only one that survived was the daughter cheryl.
kenovian

East Springfield, OH

#50 Feb 22, 2010
the murders happen on 19 th & oak they did not meet no one at a bar . they lived next door to the bar. i was there talked to tink & girls till around 1 oclock. the man left the bar went into the house & beat them to death with a golf club.first killed tink then the girls. the boy watched his sisters murder by this sob. not sure but heard he got out around 10 yrs later.
DTS8120

Slippery Rock, PA

#51 Mar 2, 2010
Kenova Kid wrote:
Anyone remember a murder that occured in the neighboring town of huntington wv,(Kenova,wv)
I'm not sure exactly what year but it had to have been between the years of 1979-1984 as I was in Jr high when the murders occured
The murder happened on the main drag in Kenova wv ( rt60) a few blocks from drive thru store. called the midget. and close to Dreamland Pool.
There were several people in the house that were murderd. all of them died except for one child who the murderer never saw because she hide under a mattress or something like that. I think that there may have been a total of 4 or 6 people in the house at the time murder took place
I am thinking some of the victims last names were Hill and i do know for sure that the one of the female victims name was Stella Booth. there were also a coulple of children also.
They actually gt the guy who did the murder and he was found quilty. and sent to prison.
I am curious about the case cause kenova,wv is my home town and talked about today.
Mrs.Mikey
They went to church with us,my father drove the bus they road,in fact my father was a pall bearr.That was tough for him to deal with at the time....
amy

AOL

#52 Mar 2, 2010
please just leave this alone i am close to my cousin and this crap don't help just them live their life. No one has any details right anyways please just stop talking about it
janie

Swansboro, NC

#53 Mar 2, 2010
Does anyone know how the children who survived are doing now?
Johnetta c

East Springfield, OH

#54 Mar 3, 2010
I had talked 2 John Wilcox a few days before tht happened from Kenova Grade School playground, he and his sisters Cheryl, and Christy had just came bck 2 town. My best friends mother was a policewoman at the time and I remember the big yellow stucco house as if it were still there.I went to school with the children accept the handicap boy and john was a friend of me and my friends. I will never forget how scary that was I was 11 at the time.
sad

United States

#55 Apr 12, 2010
I remember this like it was yesterday. I always wondered about the murderer and the circumstances. John Wilcox and my older brother were very close friends. Does anyone know how Cheryl is doing now? She was in my grade and I never saw her again after that.
KenovaLady

Nitro, WV

#56 Apr 16, 2010
amy wrote:
please just leave this alone i am close to my cousin and this crap don't help just them live their life. No one has any details right anyways please just stop talking about it
God bless you and your family.
skeeter

Fort Gay, WV

#57 Apr 16, 2010
I went to the Cabell Co. Library and looked up the story of this murder case. I have a lot of newspapers articles, this was a horrible crime, it was in June, 1979. You will find info. at the library in the genealogy room.
Recall Some

Russell, KY

#58 Apr 17, 2010
Kenova Kid wrote:
Mrs.Mikey
I remember it. There was a bar I believe called the impala club, it was located on 19th and Oak about a block before the midget. The house next door is where the people were murdered. The man that killed them had saw the several of the girls sitting on the porch as he entered the bar that evening. Stella Booth was staying all night with the family that night. The man got very intoxiated and they said he was taking acid. He entered the home some time after leaving the bar. They were all asleep. I believe there was the mother, 2 girls and stella and also there brother plus 2 small children , one boy and one girl. He killed the mother and the girls with a golf club while they slept and the brother woke up and came through the hall where he was killed. They were sexually assaulted. The 2 small children hid in the closet and stayed there for a while until they heard no noise. The man had stayed and cleaned hisself up. They came outof the closet, and went out on the roof and stated screaming, everyone is dead in here. A neighbor heard them and called the police. They belive the man entered the house through a window, it was summertime and hot. The man was caught a short time later and admitted it. He went to prison. I remember the women had a nickname and stella booth was kin to them but just happpen to be staying alnight. She was very young maybejust in high school I remember her, a pretty girl. They tore the house down and closed the bar. I believe Galand Cisco owns the property where the bar was. This is what I was told years ago when I was growing up and my cousin lived near there
Terrible

Catlettsburg, KY

#59 Jun 29, 2010
This is something that changes a community. It is terrible that something like this happened, and when it happens in your neighborhood, it is like it happens to everyone that lives here. God bless and keep them in His arms. This was something that shouldn't have happened. Thank God this man is in prison, and will never be on our streets again. I hope he has remembered what he did, found remorse for his horrific crime and has repented.
2 posts removed
kenova girl

Ceredo, WV

#62 Aug 14, 2010
I remember this like it was yesterday. we had the mother of the wilcoxs kids in the old Huntington Hospital she was dying of cancer and had no place to live so the lady named tiker bell let shirley wilcox and her children live with her on Oak st.Watson killed all but two kids. Shirley was in the hospital had just under gone surgery for ovarian cancer and was watching the 12 news and found out her children had been killed. Shirley went down hill after that and lived until Sept. of that year. When she died I was called up to the surgial floor to say goodbye to her. I was so upset unitl I seen how peaceful this woman was she was now with her babies. The Kentucky State Police picked Watson up for peeping into his grandmothers window..I always said Watson should have been charged with Shirleys murder too... Very sad story this woman had no where to live and no money and tinker bell took her and her family in and was trying to be a good person and someone took them out of this world for damn reason. May Watson rot in hell...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Kenova Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
man in window 1 hr steff woo 16
Best car painters (Aug '12) 9 hr Mr Matula 15
I gotsta know!! 9 hr laddona anderson 18
my neighbour clyde (Jul '14) 23 hr cindy smith 6
Robert Blake the garbage man Wed ladonna anderson 14
Derek Wooley (Aug '14) Tue john deboard 6
elderly Tue WOWK 13

Flood Warning for Wayne County was issued at March 05 at 6:10PM EST

Kenova Dating
Find my Match