murder of candy mallory

Posted in the Kenova Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Pam G

Bellevue, WA

#1 Nov 17, 2012
what is up with the sentence this man got? it is baffling!!!
Duh

Catlettsburg, KY

#2 Nov 18, 2012
A drunk driving....A drunk walking down road at night....bad combination
not really

Rupert, WV

#3 Nov 18, 2012
facts are facts. DON'T WALK DOWN ROUTE 60 LOADED!
Disgusting

Slippery Rock, PA

#4 Nov 18, 2012
How is it you get a life sentence for driving and driving if you kill someone but get probation I you hit and kill someone who was drunk but walking?!?!
2 posts removed
Duh

Catlettsburg, KY

#7 Nov 18, 2012
smh wrote:
She lost her life and he still has his. She has a family, she was a mother, a wife, a daughter, etc. Both were at fault yes and I feel that letting a drunk driver go with a mere slap on the wrist is a slap in the face to the friends and family. If this guy would have thought like she did he'd know he would be better off walking also. This guy could have killed someone's kid, etc. Maybe it wasn't vehicular manslaughter, idk why, but he shoulda got minimum 10 years. U drive in work zones and injure or kill a worker in some states you get 7500 fine + 10 year prison and some states worse. It's sad and I'm gonna pray for this woman's kids because that's pretty f up.
My guess is he was sentenced based on he FACTS, not emotion. It's sad, but you walk around on the highway drunk you may get hit.

Just how drunk ws he? What was his BAC? What was hers?
NOEL

Kenova, WV

#8 Nov 18, 2012
there is only one witness. This is so sad,,when people get back in a corner they will blame everyone else. know this is just my opion. he must have been going pretty fast to hit a person and she land that far ...and it took how many days to find the car and the person that hit her. and I feel that the court system played sympothy because he has a handicap . this was a human life .and it makes me sick to see how our court system abuse the innocent people
little miss nastey

Conneaut Lake, PA

#9 Nov 19, 2012
NOEL wrote:
there is only one witness. This is so sad,,when people get back in a corner they will blame everyone else. know this is just my opion. he must have been going pretty fast to hit a person and she land that far ...and it took how many days to find the car and the person that hit her. and I feel that the court system played sympothy because he has a handicap . this was a human life .and it makes me sick to see how our court system abuse the innocent people
they use alot of hear say, in wayne county .They judge you on appearance and gossip.I should know I have dealt with the clown system . lawyers'they are just a bunch of smart...s and have no sense at all .You pay big money for these dumba..'s and they usual talk about you with the other lawyers and judge and they make up their minds before you get a fair hearing,
little miss nastey

Conneaut Lake, PA

#10 Nov 19, 2012
also alot of lawyers that doesn't live around here' won't even take a case if they know you are going to wayne court system .That my friend is a true comment, they know they can't get fair trial ,sounds pretty bad doesn't this is not hear say ,this is a fact. Huntington is getting bad also you can't trust the lawyers nor the judges
Stay In The Right

Sullivan, OH

#11 Nov 19, 2012
little miss nastey wrote:
also alot of lawyers that doesn't live around here' won't even take a case if they know you are going to wayne court system .That my friend is a true comment, they know they can't get fair trial ,sounds pretty bad doesn't this is not hear say ,this is a fact. Huntington is getting bad also you can't trust the lawyers nor the judges
The best thing is to not do anything to need a lawyer or be before the judge. Did you ever think about that? Choices, choices, choices.
kenova man

Cochranton, PA

#12 Nov 19, 2012
ok so the man cant hear but he can see ! and feel wow now i am going to have to watch out for deaf ppl driving now !
mother

Huntington, WV

#13 Nov 19, 2012
I do not know mr hulet or any of mrs mallory's family .... if you get in your car and drive 55 on this stretch of road and imagine it being 2 am and imagine hitting anything, whether it be an animal or person, i think you will understand why her body landed so far away and you will understand why he thought he hit a deer ... what else would be on the road a 2 am ???... some things to consider ... there is NO proof that mr hulett was drunk, only his reputation ... he may or may not have been, only he knows ... he did not hide the car ... it was in plain view at his mother's place ... if he was drunk and swerved off the road and hit her, the evidence does not prove it ... he did not hit a guard rail and tire marks do not indicate this .... all of this would make , if i were a juror, conclude that a woman who could have ridden home with someone else, left a bar and walked along side a road at 2 am where cars are allowed to do 55 mph ... yes that is the speed limit ... proving otherwise would have been difficult so the PA made the correct choice by working out a deal, otherwise mr hulett probably would have not been convicted and punished at all .... since mr hulett is deaf, I am sure he does not watch the news so he could not have come forward sooner if he did not know someone was hit
Sad but true

United States

#14 Nov 19, 2012
I get that they were both at fault, and it was a dangerous situation for Candy to be walking where she was, but the dude said he thought he hit a deer! I call bullshit. He should have gotten outta the car like a normal person would have, and checked. He got off a little easy. Maybe he didn't deserve 10 years, but he sure as hell deserved more than what he got.#systemfailure
first I heard

Catlettsburg, KY

#15 Nov 19, 2012
Not taking away from the family who lost their mother, wife, sister, daughter but who decided the guy who was driving was drunk? If memory serves me he hither and didnt know he did until days later. So who are the people who are saying he was drunk? When he turned himself in, did he state that he was drunk? I dont believe he did. I believe what he said was he thought he had hit a deer but did not know he hit a person. He is deaf so its not like he heard the thump. Why do people have to make up there own story? I am sure this is something he has to li9ve with for the rest of his life. I have never taken a life so it is impossible to say how he mightbe feeling but if I had, I cant imagine having a good night sleep and living with the guilt would kill me
little miss nastey

Kenova, WV

#16 Nov 19, 2012
Stay In The Right wrote:
<quoted text>The best thing is to not do anything to need a lawyer or be before the judge. Did you ever think about that? Choices, choices, choices.
who said I did anything. You need to think a little harder on your answer. people, sometimes needs lawyer for other things beside committing crimes.. I guess you didnt know that
little miss nastey

Kenova, WV

#17 Nov 19, 2012
first I heard wrote:
Not taking away from the family who lost their mother, wife, sister, daughter but who decided the guy who was driving was drunk? If memory serves me he hither and didnt know he did until days later. So who are the people who are saying he was drunk? When he turned himself in, did he state that he was drunk? I dont believe he did. I believe what he said was he thought he had hit a deer but did not know he hit a person. He is deaf so its not like he heard the thump. Why do people have to make up there own story? I am sure this is something he has to li9ve with for the rest of his life. I have never taken a life so it is impossible to say how he mightbe feeling but if I had, I cant imagine having a good night sleep and living with the guilt would kill me
just like that noel said there was only one witness..people will say anything to save their butts
Jerry

Slippery Rock, PA

#18 Nov 19, 2012
No way would I get out & check on that dark road---it's pitch black thru there!! He should have stopped at police station & told them---maybe they would have gone & checked it out?
mother

Huntington, WV

#19 Nov 20, 2012
I am a female who travels through this area on my way home from work at a local hospital ... work a swing shift so I come through here after midnight a lot .... i have seen deer here on many occassions. if i honestly thought i hit a deer, do you think I would get out and investigate??? no way, I would just be thankful that i wasn't killed and get myself home ... that's a dangerous stretch of road ... no way i would get out and check out the situation .... if i did not think it was a deer, i would call the cops to investigate, but, like i said, if i really thought it was a deer, straight home i would go, as would any normal person
1 post removed
Pam Genet

Bellevue, WA

#21 Nov 23, 2012
mother wrote:
I do not know mr hulet or any of mrs mallory's family .... if you get in your car and drive 55 on this stretch of road and imagine it being 2 am and imagine hitting anything, whether it be an animal or person, i think you will understand why her body landed so far away and you will understand why he thought he hit a deer ... what else would be on the road a 2 am ???... some things to consider ... there is NO proof that mr hulett was drunk, only his reputation ... he may or may not have been, only he knows ... he did not hide the car ... it was in plain view at his mother's place ... if he was drunk and swerved off the road and hit her, the evidence does not prove it ... he did not hit a guard rail and tire marks do not indicate this .... all of this would make , if i were a juror, conclude that a woman who could have ridden home with someone else, left a bar and walked along side a road at 2 am where cars are allowed to do 55 mph ... yes that is the speed limit ... proving otherwise would have been difficult so the PA made the correct choice by working out a deal, otherwise mr hulett probably would have not been convicted and punished at all .... since mr hulett is deaf, I am sure he does not watch the news so he could not have come forward sooner if he did not know someone was hit
...what you say is ...uhhh...crazy! If anyone is in an accident (hearing or speech impediment impaired included)...THEY STOP! They find out what was in or on the road!(if he had insurance, he would stop and call his agent!)...was he scared??? hell yes...because he KNEW what he had hit! Is he a good man??? Undoubtedly!!! Did he make a wrong decision??? Absolutely!!! What makes me an advocate for murder is....all of the above because.....he went home and informed NO ONE!!!
Christina

Catlettsburg, KY

#22 Nov 27, 2012
I hit a deer once and i didn't get out and call my insurance company right at that moment. It was 11:30 at night when i hit mine and i just called them the next day. A lot of people don't call when they hit a deer into insurance because they don't have the coverage for it or don't have the deductible for it. I wouldn't have stopped on that road at 2 in the morning by myself unless i knew for certain that it was a person. He didn't inform anyone because he thought it was just a deer.
mother

Huntington, WV

#23 Nov 27, 2012
Pam Genet wrote:
<quoted text>...what you say is ...uhhh...crazy! If anyone is in an accident (hearing or speech impediment impaired included)...THEY STOP! They find out what was in or on the road!(if he had insurance, he would stop and call his agent!)...was he scared??? hell yes...because he KNEW what he had hit! Is he a good man??? Undoubtedly!!! Did he make a wrong decision??? Absolutely!!! What makes me an advocate for murder is....all of the above because.....he went home and informed NO ONE!!!
Nope! Not me ... it's 2 am and I "think" I "may" have hit something, it does not even cross my mind that it's a person walking in the dark on a foggy dark morning in a 55 mph speed zone ... I assume it's something that fell off someone's truck or an animal. I definitely do not call my insurance agent at 2 am.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Kenova Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
tri state airport 58 min jb 6
Kim Varney 2 hr matulas mom 25
trails at virginia point 21 hr sycamore st bil 9
my connections snuffed out Thu davie hodge 2
kids in Kenova Thu Mustang Matula 23
Spring Valley coaches need fired Wed heather hodge 35
mr. fouch Dec 17 Mike Wechsler 29
Kenova Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Kenova People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Kenova News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Kenova

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 11:20 am PST

NBC Sports11:20AM
Troy Polamalu not expected to play on Sunday
Bleacher Report12:39 PM
Thomas Seeking Broncos Record for 100-Yard Receiving Games
ESPN 1:03 PM
Browns' Mingo fined $16,537 for hit on Dalton
NFL 1:47 PM
'Sound FX' spies Manziel's meeting with Marvin Lewis
Yahoo! Sports 2:09 PM
RT Eric Winston quickly settling in with Bengals