football coaches
HaHa

United States

#41 Nov 18, 2010
"Confused," you are hilarious! Hahahaha! We all know who you are!! You gave yourself away and didn't even realize it! Should have tried a little harder to stay anonymous. You might have established a little credibility then. Baahaahaa! Those of us that know what CKYFL is really all about are laughing, laughing, laughing! You made your point about 30 posts ago, but you keep repeating the same thing over and over and over again. GO AWAY! or stay so we can continue laughing at you. Laughing at YOU, not your child, it's not his fault. YOU MADE IT ABOUT YOU about 27 posts ago....You are clueless but very entertaining!...Can't wait to see how you spin this one!!!
confused

Youngstown, OH

#42 Nov 18, 2010
wrong wrote:
what about when the coach wont work with the other kids? chooses to only work with the "chosen ones", what then? if u dont work with a child then they wont know how to play their position or even have the chance to give the other kids the chance to put trust in them. im sorry, but when ur child works just as hard if not harder than every child on the field they deserve time on the field just like anybody else. it shouldnt be about who u know whether or not u can volunteer or even about paying dues the child obviously chose this sport because they have an interest in it but when u go to practice after practice and see the samething happening over and over again(ur child standing there getting yelled at because they r not standing still so the "chosen ones" can practice and learning new plays)theres a problem. tried talking with the coach and the samething happens, ur told a bunch of lies and it never changes. if u dont work with a child they cant learn
You are so right. Something has got to change. It is pointless to talk to the coaches they tell all the parents of the kids who do get to play and they all just sit around talking crap about you. I witnessed it and heard about it all season and i wasn't even at the field that much. I even heard some parents telling other parents not to ask the complaining parents to volunteer for sh**. So that may be why Tim couldn't get enough volunteers this year. I am hopeing more people post on here wanting eqaul playtime, so i can take it to TSYFL before next season.
confused

Youngstown, OH

#43 Nov 19, 2010
confused wrote:
<quoted text> You are so right. Something has got to change. It is pointless to talk to the coaches they tell all the parents of the kids who do get to play and they all just sit around talking crap about you. I witnessed it and heard about it all season and i wasn't even at the field that much. I even heard some parents telling other parents not to ask the complaining parents to volunteer for sh**. So that may be why Tim couldn't get enough volunteers this year. I am hopeing more people post on here wanting eqaul playtime, so i can take it to TSYFL before next season.
Well hello again: Hello, Agree, and now haha. love the way you keep changing your name just to make it look like you have so many supporters. YOU KEEP GIVING YOURSELF AWAY EVERYTIME YOU POST. If you know who i am come to me face to face and lets chat. Of course, you wouldn't make anything about my child. You people who run the youth league only make it about your child not about every child. It is load and clear on your post. Do you really think your doing your CKYFL any good, think about it every parent who reads this post will see equal playtime is something you all do not and will not have in your league. So who will get the last laugh in the end. Lets see how many parents bring their children out next season after reading this.
Safety

United States

#44 Nov 19, 2010
Wrong , it is very interesting you say that the coaches are not teaching some of the kids a CK. I have been to practices all around the league and C K is one of the only leagues that does breaks into small groups for individual work. Those kids are all taught positional skills and techniques in small groups everyday.
 Each one of them is worked with more at CK than in most youth leagues I have seen. Every time they are on the field in practice is their opportunity. Also the Coaches on the C team at CK went the extra mile for the kids who were not getting much experience. They scheduled extra games at Vinson that were treated as such. Full scoreboard operating ,paid referees. They came in early worked with those kids to prepare them for those games. I have never seen that anywhere in the history of this league! Ever!
  Lets look a little deeper into the two teams and coaches being called into question here. The team that "confused" kid plays on first. The CK C team. This team has 5 coaches. The head coach's son is the only child of the 5 that starts on the team. That kid would be starting no matter who was coaching. He obviously works harder than most every week. He is first in every sprint and bust his butt everyday! It showed every game. He plays at a higher level than any other kid probably in the TYSFL in his division. If anyone would argue with that child playing, well then we should not even have a conversation because you are obviously are delusional about what is going on. Two of the assistance coach's do not even have a child on the team. One of them, the assistant head coach who coaches defense is a two time college football all american and marshall football hall of fame inductee. He does have a child in the league on the D team. Yet he chooses to volunteer his time and expertise to coach "confused"s child instead of his own. The other two assistant coaches do have kids on the team. Neither one of their kids started or played much at all this season. Now both of those kids started last year the whole season on a team that won the turf bowl. As a result of weight exceptions and new kids joining the team this year, those kids lost their positions to kids who's parents are not coach's. Because they gave the team the best chance to succeed. Did their dads quit coaching, complain, go on a web site talk about the other coaches behind their back. No, they continued to show up an volunteer their time work with all the kids including "confused" child. They understand the true meaning of team an should be commended not talked about on a web site. Now I ask you, who are the chosen ones on the C team that are given preferential treatment? Someone please explain, it obviously are not the coach's kids!
Safety

United States

#45 Nov 19, 2010
Ok let's move on to the B team. I believe Mrs Ellis child played on this team. Which he seems to be good kid from a far who is liked by his teammates. That team had 3 coaches on it. The head coach who coached the offense does not have child on the team. One assistant coach ,the defensive coach, also did not have a child on the team. So who are the favorites or chosen ones here? Cannot be the coaches kids on this team! There are none. Playing time on that team is earned by the ones who work the hardest and give the team the best chance to succeed. The other assistant that graciously volunteered his time to help when possible, did have kid on the team. 
So Now let's go back to the statement that apparently "confused" is clearly speaking uninformed about. "confused" says how can a coach say that Mrs Ellis child has not played on team with this caliber players when he has played with that team for the last three years. Oops wrong again "confused"! Mrs Ellis child did not play on that team last year. He did not make weight as a weight exception. However he did play on the C team with some of the same kids the year before last in 2008. This was that groups first year on C under a different head coach. They won 1 game that year. As did they the year before on D, also when Mrs Ellis son played with them. That's 2 yrs D & C with a combined 2 wins total. Now rolls in 2009. The first year for those kids to be C team weight exceptions. Mrs Ellis son did not play with them in 2009. They combined with a very successful D team that came up. A couple new kids came in and a new head coach. They went undefeated and won the turf bowl. Completely different team than in 2008. Now 2010 Mrs Ellis son comes back one year removed along with more new kids to play on a completely different caliber team than they were in 2008 when Mrs Ellis last played with them. This team was no longer a 1 win team. They are 2 time turf bowl champions now. The first ever in the 20 year history of CK youth football. Man it's funny how all these arguments fall apart when the facts come out! "Confused" you are confused and "Wrong" you are wrong! Go Wonders!
Sue Ellis

Youngstown, OH

#46 Nov 19, 2010
Safety wrote:
Ok let's move on to the B team. I believe Mrs Ellis child played on this team. Which he seems to be good kid from a far who is liked by his teammates. That team had 3 coaches on it. The head coach who coached the offense does not have child on the team. One assistant coach ,the defensive coach, also did not have a child on the team. So who are the favorites or chosen ones here? Cannot be the coaches kids on this team! There are none. Playing time on that team is earned by the ones who work the hardest and give the team the best chance to succeed. The other assistant that graciously volunteered his time to help when possible, did have kid on the team. 
So Now let's go back to the statement that apparently "confused" is clearly speaking uninformed about. "confused" says how can a coach say that Mrs Ellis child has not played on team with this caliber players when he has played with that team for the last three years. Oops wrong again "confused"! Mrs Ellis child did not play on that team last year. He did not make weight as a weight exception. However he did play on the C team with some of the same kids the year before last in 2008. This was that groups first year on C under a different head coach. They won 1 game that year. As did they the year before on D, also when Mrs Ellis son played with them. That's 2 yrs D & C with a combined 2 wins total. Now rolls in 2009. The first year for those kids to be C team weight exceptions. Mrs Ellis son did not play with them in 2009. They combined with a very successful D team that came up. A couple new kids came in and a new head coach. They went undefeated and won the turf bowl. Completely different team than in 2008. Now 2010 Mrs Ellis son comes back one year removed along with more new kids to play on a completely different caliber team than they were in 2008 when Mrs Ellis last played with them. This team was no longer a 1 win team. They are 2 time turf bowl champions now. The first ever in the 20 year history of CK youth football. Man it's funny how all these arguments fall apart when the facts come out! "Confused" you are confused and "Wrong" you are wrong! Go Wonders!
My son did not play for CK E-Team that statment is wrong also. He did how ever play for Vinson E-Team and they were undefeated. I think a lesson sould be learned here by all coaches and parents involved. When a parent comes to a coach with any issues it should stay between them. These are children we are talking about and all this talk should not be going on. Lets all stop commenting on this post it will soon fade and people will find something else to talk about.
wrong

United States

#47 Nov 19, 2010
sorry, as far as having extra games down at vinson that was only done because there was comments being said way before, and if the heat wasnt there they wouldnt have been scheduled. as far as coaches with kids on the team they r probably not saying anything because they r either moving up or not going to play anyway next year. noone has said anything about wanting their child to statr every game as i have read their just asking for playing time on the fierld. when ur child comes home from practice at the beginning of the week and can tell u whether they are playing n the game on saturday there is a playing problem. every child and team work towards the turf bowl and i think if they make it there they should all experience the thrill of playing at least alittle on the marshall atadium field, n their eyes that a big accomplishment but obviously its not seen that way, its not all about winning im sure those kids considered it a win with just amking it there and then some of them get there and get to hold their heads down not only because they loose but because they made it there to walking the whole game on the side lines with all their family and friends at the field for them to come of the field to answer the question to y didnt didnt u get to play at all today? or how about when ur child isnt even excited about making it to the turf bowl and doesnt want to go because n not so many words the coach has already told them their not playing, thats great attitude and wonderful to teach the kids so i dont think anybody as bad mouthed any child about starting or wanting their child to start every game, i think every child should get to play some every game and it shouldnt depend on if that team is more or less dificult than another so i think ur the one one who is turning this to a bad situation but ur right its pointless it wont ever change i know i will teach my child that its just the teacher and not how everything or everybody is
taking up for coaches

Wexford, PA

#48 Nov 19, 2010
This is the worst thing that can go on, why would you put childrens names on here (parents names) the kids will get over this but they will go to school and some parent will say something about this then the kid will pay. Let this go the coaches are great and they deserve some respect. What if the leauge said oh we don't want your child here because you are a trouble maker, how would you like that. These coaches take these kids and do the best they can then have to put up with this crap. I have a family member that did not play the whole game I was not happy but kept it to myself, I saw both sides he did not do his best all the time and that was the price he had to pay. Like I told him you earn your spot on that field nobody gives it to you. I never once bad mouthed the coach in front of him or talked bad about any of the other kids. You people need to get over this and let it go, Coaches all of you great job. I would put my name but that leaves you wide open for someone to say something about you. I think you guys have done a wonderful job and hats off to Timmy Burgess and all the people that have made this leauge great !!!!!!!
Tina Mala

Stillwater, OK

#49 Nov 19, 2010
I've had people texting me all week about the bashing of the coaches on topix.com . I'm sorry I gave in and read it.... I'm not going to repond to "confused" or "wrong" except to say that you have my husbands number anytime you want to have an adult conversation. I am sure he would welcome the opportunity. I do feel the need to express what these coaches really stand for: Honesty, integrity, a love for the kids, the game, and competition. It's not ALL about WINNING to them...it's about motivating these kids to want to play, to want to learn, and to want to be the best that they can be.... They teach these kids not only football, but how to be good, decent, and respectful young men....Every single child receives a fair and equal opportunity. These men are dedicated, tough but kind, and NEVER play favorites....If people really want to know what kind of people the C-team coaches are, ASK THEIR PLAYERS and ASK THE OTHER 21 SETS OF PARENTS... I would say their approval rating is at least 95%!!! Even the best people can't make everyone happy no matter how hard they try.....

Speak directly about one of my children again and HELL HAS SEEN NO FURY!!! I DON'T HIDE BEHIND FALSE NAMES OR FALSE ALLEGATIONS!

Kudos to you Sue Ellis...you have integrity...
2 posts removed
Michelle Wilcox

Butler, PA

#52 Nov 19, 2010
Tina Mala wrote:
I've had people texting me all week about the bashing of the coaches on topix.com . I'm sorry I gave in and read it.... I'm not going to repond to "confused" or "wrong" except to say that you have my husbands number anytime you want to have an adult conversation. I am sure he would welcome the opportunity. I do feel the need to express what these coaches really stand for: Honesty, integrity, a love for the kids, the game, and competition. It's not ALL about WINNING to them...it's about motivating these kids to want to play, to want to learn, and to want to be the best that they can be.... They teach these kids not only football, but how to be good, decent, and respectful young men....Every single child receives a fair and equal opportunity. These men are dedicated, tough but kind, and NEVER play favorites....If people really want to know what kind of people the C-team coaches are, ASK THEIR PLAYERS and ASK THE OTHER 21 SETS OF PARENTS... I would say their approval rating is at least 95%!!! Even the best people can't make everyone happy no matter how hard they try.....
Speak directly about one of my children again and HELL HAS SEEN NO FURY!!! I DON'T HIDE BEHIND FALSE NAMES OR FALSE ALLEGATIONS!
Kudos to you Sue Ellis...you have integrity...
AMEN Tina I agree with you 100%!!!!!
Hey

United States

#53 Nov 20, 2010
To the boys who don't get to play. If football is something you really love don't give up keep your head up high and pratice Pratice Pratice. One day YOU WILL have your turn:)
Sue Ellis

Youngstown, OH

#54 Nov 20, 2010
Do the parents realize what you have caused? I believe this statement was made by a child, not a coach. It is very sad that adults cannot talk to one another and work through their problems and disagreements. I for one, feel very ashamed to have to get on here and defend myself, defend my family, my community and a great league with great people. "Confused" you have left me no choice because you have hit a huge nerve with me. I just realized yesterday how you started this topic! Sorry everyone, but it takes me a few because I DON'T DO DRAMA, HIDE BEHIND FAKE NAMES or MAKE FALSE STATEMENTS. It was not your place to take something you may have heard about my child and speak about it. If you were so concerned, you should have came to me like an adult and got the full story. As adults, we could have cleared up all your concerns just like my sons coach was nice enough to do each and everytime we spoke. I have a suggestion for you! WHY DON'T YOU KEEP MY NAME AND MY CHILDS NAME OUT OF YOUR MOUTH!!! We are on a different caliber and in a different league than you. You are a coward and I sure hope you are not teaching your child that same method. My child will always be a winner whether he plays or stands because he never gives up til the end. My son too was upset everytime he didn't get to play and at times, no matter what I said to him, it didn't help. Did I go gossip to others? No! Did I go on topix and start a post? No! I went to my childs coach and had an adult conversation with him. Sometimes we as parents may not have all the answers for our children especially when we don't have all the details of the situation and may look for others involed for some pointers on how to handle the way our child feels! Some may see that as complaining and it may come across that way but sometimes that's not the case. I for one am very satisfied with the feed back and encouragement my childs coach gave me and when I relayed what he had to say to my child, it seemed to lift his spirits. One more suggestion for you Confused!! Why dont you try handling your problems like an adult and communicate with your childs coach! I can assure you that you will be surprised of the outcome for yourself and your child!

Kudos to you Mala and Wilcox

"CONFUSED" Since you seem to know everyone elses business, Im sure you know who got in my husbands face. You see how things turn out when you handle situations like an adult and admit when you are wrong. Sorry to tell you Confused, but you are Wrong.
confused

Youngstown, OH

#55 Nov 21, 2010
Like i said show me where i bashed a coach. asking for equal playtime is not a bashing. After all these responses do you really think it would do any parent or child any good to talk to any coach in this league about any child who didn't get playtime? i think not. I did tell my child to practice harder and he did but never recieved any playtime still. i will not tell him to earn his spot because all these children earn their spot everyday they show up for practice and games. little league is a time to teach them what its like to be part of a team, follow direction, and working together to accomplish a goal as a team. these are lessons every child must exprience for when they become adults. the sideline boys are being taught to stand around and watch everyone else achieve that goal so you tell me where the motivation,integrety, and honesty is in that. These boy were made to stand there week after week waiting on their chance to show what they could accomplish but most times never got the chance. My child was taught what it was like to be humiliated in front of his family, friend, and teammates all season long just as many others did because all these coaches cared about was winning and nothing else. Anyone who wants to deny the honesty in that statement, go view your tapes and you will see children standing during many game with no playtime at all. Mr Safety man you try going into school Monday morning and have your teammates talking about the game on Saturday and looking at you and telling you that you didn't play because you suck. My child could have handled it alot better if they had something to say about a mistake he may have made during the game. It doesn't matter how good your team is someone is going to get hit or taken down every play thats football. This is little league not a time for a child to sufer humiliation and to be made to feel like their efforts were pointless. My god people let them be kids and enjoy their childhood and fun times with their friends. they will all have many of lifes hard lessons to learn when they become adults. since your so againt equal playtime how about just a pleasing amount of playtime during every game for each child.t goal.
Hmmmm

Flatwoods, KY

#56 Dec 1, 2010
The announcer has a son that plays alot. He announces every single game every week. Guess you are going to say that his child gets more playing time because daddy announces? Get real the coaches do a terrific job and Chad.... You announce one hell of a game.
Question

Charleston, WV

#57 Jan 29, 2011
Hey I need to know there's a guy who coaches CK middle school football that has a girlfriend or wife with long brown hair. I need to know that girls name thanks.
Why

Butler, PA

#58 Jan 29, 2011
Why do you need to know and which ms coach?
Question

Charleston, WV

#59 Jan 31, 2011
Because I need to know her name and what she does for a living; she was very rude and I don't want to do business with her (that is if she has any business). I don't know the coach's name either. Sucks I know but any help is appreciated.
Why

Butler, PA

#60 Jan 31, 2011
How did you come in contact with her? They had several coachs
The Ref

Kenova, WV

#61 Jan 31, 2011
To the Tina Mala lady. Your boys are fantastic, I love them both. Two sweeter boys could not have been raised. With that said, as for the coaches at CKYFL I couldnt be prouder of them. In the years that I coached youth sports Ive found that the only parents that complain about "fairness" are the ones who's kids aren't good enough to start. This is in no way a slam on those children, however, life is rough, wear a freakin' helmet. If all kids were equal talent wise then the NFL, NBA, MLB would all be overflowing with players. The kids that are studs now in youth sports just very well may not be in middle school. The ones that are studs in middle school may not be in high school. Then the overwhelming majority of them will play their last games in high school. Then a select few MAY get the chance to play college ball at some level. The overwhelming majority of those players will play their last games in college. About 1% of the lucky ones that get to play college will go on to play pro ball. In my dealings, the majorities of these parents that complain think that their little johnny has a very good chance to fall in this 1% category. The society that we live in today makes everyone think that all should be fair, all are entitled to equal this or equal that. Gone are the daily lessons of being taught not ALL people are the best at "X" or the best at "Y" and if you really love doing something then put your heart and soul into it and be proud of whatever the result may be. Instead it's, "Give me this" or "Give me that" just because little "Stevie" has it, my son should have it to. Youth coaching is by in large a thankless job. Very few take the time to say thank you and the majority sit and b/tch to or behind the backs of those that take the time to coach their children. Ive said it once and I will say it again. If you are honestly THAT disgruntled over lack of playing time, remove your child from the league. Place him in another league or find another activity where someone else will watch your child for free for an hour and a half a day. And just for the record, had Coach Perry, Coach Craig, Coach Billy, or Coach WHOEVER had lost everyone of their games this year I would still be saying the same thing. I can speak from observation that the kids adore these men. I read a quote once that said, and Im paraphrasing, "Youth sports is the most beautiful spectacle on earth..........until the parents get involved."
Question

Charleston, WV

#62 Jan 31, 2011
Why wrote:
How did you come in contact with her? They had several coachs
Well, never mind then. I don't want to disparage her just because she is rude. I thought the answer would be easier, lol.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Kenova Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Wife is having affair 54 min Bubba 14
Jb's strip club (May '12) 1 hr YTee 24
They want more taxes for recycling 2 hr The stones 16
House that use to flood 2 hr Yvonne 1
Create your own Forum (Jun '15) 11 hr Water Boi 1,380
Keith"don"smith (Jan '16) Sat Cause 29
Election Who do you support for U.S. House in West Virgi... (Oct '10) Jul 21 knot 1,765

Kenova Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Kenova Mortgages