Immigrant surge: Why area grew

Immigrant surge: Why area grew

There are 30 comments on the Philly.com story from Mar 13, 2011, titled Immigrant surge: Why area grew. In it, Philly.com reports that:

Pennsylvania's population swelled in the southeast and dropped dramatically across the west, the 2010 census revealed - with a tip of the hat to Philadelphia's first growth in 60 years.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Philly.com.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
xray

York, PA

#1 Mar 14, 2011
The area grew because PA is a welfare state.
Richard P

United States

#2 Jun 18, 2011
The area is turning into a Mexican and African and Muslim slum area because Obama won't stop the invasion and decline of America ! TELL IT LIKE IT IS, AMERICA IS DEAD,NOT IN A COMA OR ASLEEP BUT DEAD !Obama and Holder said white men are cowards when the black panther said on 10 news TV they have an army and plan on killling every white baby in America to get rid of white people !
THE DECLINE OF AMERICA IS WHITES TO BLAME !THE INDIANS GOT AT LESS GPT 22 DOLLARS IN BEADS FOR MANHATTEN,WHITE MAN GAVE AMERICA AWAY FOR FREE,GOT NOTHING !
Clean Sheets

Bowman, SC

#3 Jun 18, 2011
Richard P wrote:
The area is turning into a Mexican and African and Muslim slum area because Obama won't stop the invasion and decline of America ! TELL IT LIKE IT IS, AMERICA IS DEAD,NOT IN A COMA OR ASLEEP BUT DEAD !Obama and Holder said white men are cowards when the black panther said on 10 news TV they have an army and plan on killling every white baby in America to get rid of white people !
THE DECLINE OF AMERICA IS WHITES TO BLAME !THE INDIANS GOT AT LESS GPT 22 DOLLARS IN BEADS FOR MANHATTEN,WHITE MAN GAVE AMERICA AWAY FOR FREE,GOT NOTHING !
Wow, all them thar "Mexicans, Africans & Muslims" just showed up in the last 2 1/2 years? Who knew?
Never mind the fact that Reagan still holds the record for the largest blanket amnesty ever given in this country. And since the article refers to the latest census results, and that census covers 10 years, what did the previous POTUS do to cut down on the invasion?

I don't expect an intelligent response from you Cletus. I'm sure you're busy washing and ironing your sheet and hood for tonight's meeting. I hear there's a formal dance/mixer afterwards.
Rob Grady

Westland, MI

#4 Jun 18, 2011
Clean Sheets wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow, all them thar "Mexicans, Africans & Muslims" just showed up in the last 2 1/2 years? Who knew?
Never mind the fact that Reagan still holds the record for the largest blanket amnesty ever given in this country. And since the article refers to the latest census results, and that census covers 10 years, what did the previous POTUS do to cut down on the invasion?
I don't expect an intelligent response from you Cletus. I'm sure you're busy washing and ironing your sheet and hood for tonight's meeting. I hear there's a formal dance/mixer afterwards.
Yes, but most of these people don't shower that often and spread communicable diseases and bad cheer. I for one would like to see a round-up and ponder the cheapest method of disposing of filth.
tiff

Harrisburg, PA

#6 Jun 26, 2011
noo..
God

Lansdale, PA

#7 Jun 26, 2011
We need to stop the "we are a nation of immigrants" idiocy and join the 21st century.
No immigration, no work visas, no nothing.
I can't move to Canada, Britain or Australia without becoming a citizen there and they have requirements to do so like employability, no criminal history, a college education and you must read and write either English or French and an oath of allegience to the Queen/King. They were a "nation of immigrants" too, they wised up!
MKZ

Chester Springs, PA

#8 Jul 4, 2011
I suppose now that you are a an nth generation American, i guess you forgot somewhere along that your ancestors also arrived in this country,fresh of the boat. They would have been ashamed to read your opinion on immigrants. If you folks had any good level of education, the U.S. wouldn't have to go approving job petitions to immigrants. Start ensuring that your kids are studying in school. Don't let your kids hang out in street corners and malls until 10 p.m. each night. You might do a little good towards nation building instead of That ranting over the immigrant population.
Cheers!
Gretchen Reynolds

Westland, MI

#9 Jul 4, 2011
MKZ wrote:
I suppose now that you are a an nth generation American, i guess you forgot somewhere along that your ancestors also arrived in this country,fresh of the boat. They would have been ashamed to read your opinion on immigrants. If you folks had any good level of education, the U.S. wouldn't have to go approving job petitions to immigrants. Start ensuring that your kids are studying in school. Don't let your kids hang out in street corners and malls until 10 p.m. each night. You might do a little good towards nation building instead of That ranting over the immigrant population.
Cheers!
You are real soft, aintcha boy??? ;) Skype me babe as soon as you get the chance xoxo
Que

Easton, PA

#10 Jul 5, 2011
xray wrote:
The area grew because PA is a welfare state.
PA = no waiting period welfare.

Easy dumb white women who screw anything that slips them some crack and a line of bullschlitz.
spud

Hackensack, NJ

#11 Jul 7, 2011
Congratulations on Philadelphias growth, are you kidding me. That's like congratulating a 400 pound man for gaining 50 pounds. Pennsylvania better wise up and pass some laws to discourage all this unneeded migration.
Lee C

United States

#12 Aug 13, 2011
You people don't seem to understand the problems that comes with so MANY immigration ! The crime,end of a great medical system to Obama care that turns everybody away.Medicare and aetna are using the Obama care plan to make deductable's so high you can't go to doctor's or the hospital !The education system is going under by lowering standards so no one fails or LEARNS ! LOOK AT YOUR PROPERTY TAX(average is 6500 a year)WHY NOT A TAX RATE WHERE THE PARENTS PAYS FOR EACH CHILD,WOULD BE FAIR!HAVE YOU NOTICED THE DISABLE AMERICAN VETERAN DON"T GET A BREAK ON THEIR TAXES IN PA(GREAT WAY TO THANK YOUR VET'S FOR GIVING THEIR LIFE AND LIMBS FOR US!)!(a lot of older people have lost or will lose their homes)so you can educate immigrants to take your children's jobs !Look at the economy it's getting worse,Europe's banks are the next to fall,Germany can't hold them up much longer then it hits America full force bank failure !IT"S TIME TO SEND 70 million immigrants back to Mexico and South America and Oprah's millions of girls she brought into this country back to their homes before we slip into the MAJOR DEPRESSION WE ARE HEADED INTO !

DIVERSITY DOES DESTROY,JUST LOOK AT THE WORLD FAILURE AND WHAT CAUSED IT ! THIS HAS TO COME TO A STOP OR WE WILL HAVE NO AMERICA OR IS IT TOO LATE ALREADY!!
NANCY GRACE SMELLS STINKY

Royersford, PA

#13 Aug 13, 2011
Wow, that's neat!
Old Navy Flip Flops

Easley, SC

#16 Aug 13, 2011
Love me some mexicans.
Grizzley319

Whitehall, PA

#17 Aug 14, 2011
Wow... Blame Obama. I graduated in 1991 and even then "illegals" were rampant. How in the he** can you blame Obama? As long as our elected congress refuse to deal with this, we will always have a problem. I said Congress. The people WE ELECT!!! Typical shallow minded thinking.
Grizzley319

Whitehall, PA

#18 Aug 14, 2011
Lee C wrote:
You people don't seem to understand the problems that comes with so MANY immigration ! The crime,end of a great medical system to Obama care that turns everybody away.Medicare and aetna are using the Obama care plan to make deductable's so high you can't go to doctor's or the hospital !The education system is going under by lowering standards so no one fails or LEARNS ! LOOK AT YOUR PROPERTY TAX(average is 6500 a year)WHY NOT A TAX RATE WHERE THE PARENTS PAYS FOR EACH CHILD,WOULD BE FAIR!HAVE YOU NOTICED THE DISABLE AMERICAN VETERAN DON"T GET A BREAK ON THEIR TAXES IN PA(GREAT WAY TO THANK YOUR VET'S FOR GIVING THEIR LIFE AND LIMBS FOR US!)!(a lot of older people have lost or will lose their homes)so you can educate immigrants to take your children's jobs !Look at the economy it's getting worse,Europe's banks are the next to fall,Germany can't hold them up much longer then it hits America full force bank failure !IT"S TIME TO SEND 70 million immigrants back to Mexico and South America and Oprah's millions of girls she brought into this country back to their homes before we slip into the MAJOR DEPRESSION WE ARE HEADED INTO !
DIVERSITY DOES DESTROY,JUST LOOK AT THE WORLD FAILURE AND WHAT CAUSED IT ! THIS HAS TO COME TO A STOP OR WE WILL HAVE NO AMERICA OR IS IT TOO LATE ALREADY!!
What an a** plain and wh*te... Oh I mean simple. Dont hate, Im white my brother. lol

Royersford, PA

#19 Sep 20, 2011
I can dance....only a 16 out of 30....I'll cry for 3 days and make the rain flow. Boo Hoo...those 'man' judges treated me unfairly! Wait until tonight...I'll Waltz their eyes out with my plump sweaty body and mop up the floor with a perfect '30'! Nobody beats Nancy Grace...not even my koolie cancer won out. Big Kisses....Nancy Grace [I danced all night long...so bring it on!]
Wilma Fingerdu

Norristown, PA

#20 Sep 20, 2011
Rob Grady wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, but most of these people don't shower that often and spread communicable diseases and bad cheer. I for one would like to see a round-up and ponder the cheapest method of disposing of filth.
ah I see you haven't ever visted the European coasts or the redneck states Adolf.
Wilma Fingerdu

Norristown, PA

#21 Sep 20, 2011
Ok, so to all the angry white people toting the immigration probs I ask you- WHERE should they live? I don't want generalized answers of "not here" or "go back home" nonsense b/c the Native Americans can say the same about you- but I want REALISTIC, well thought out answers. Do you have the actual solution? Can you do that? Where should they live?

Royersford, PA

#22 Sep 20, 2011
Yes! America still loves my dancing! I'll live to dance another day with my plump, sweaty, but sexy body! Big Kisses....Nancy Grace
Enzo

Hershey, PA

#23 Sep 24, 2011
Grizzley319 wrote:
Wow... Blame Obama. I graduated in 1991 and even then "illegals" were rampant. How in the he** can you blame Obama? As long as our elected congress refuse to deal with this, we will always have a problem. I said Congress. The people WE ELECT!!! Typical shallow minded thinking.
Congress? Won't do any good if OBUMMER won't sign. BTW how about that moretorium he just gave them. Did you see the picture of him and LUIS RAMMIREZ???

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Kennett Square Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Longwood Gardens Jun 14 gail hawthorne 1
News PSU wrestler accused of buying booze for undera... (Sep '11) Apr '16 Munhall Man 31
Review: Jillian Grace Salon (Dec '08) Mar '16 Who cares 21
Ray Allen Jr (Jun '11) Sep '15 Ray Allen Jr 11
Stapleton (Jun '15) Jun '15 Gene 1
New Brewary (Feb '15) Feb '15 tenner 1
Fellini Cafe Chaddsford (Dec '14) Dec '14 Marco 3
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Kennett Square Mortgages