George Washington's class act SPECIAL...

George Washington's class act SPECIAL GUEST ON CONSTITUTION DAY

There are 19 comments on the The Morning Call story from Sep 18, 2008, titled George Washington's class act SPECIAL GUEST ON CONSTITUTION DAY. In it, The Morning Call reports that:

In a 21st-century nation dominated by adult debates that play out on electronic maps in states of red or blue, Carl Closs strode into a Bethlehem elementary school Wednesday in an 18th-century costume.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Morning Call.

OBAMA BLOWS ME

Mifflinville, PA

#1 Sep 18, 2008
GEORGE WASHINGTON HATED SPANIARDS!!!

there's something for the liberal morning call and all the illegal aliens in the area!
The Indispensable Man

San Jose, CA

#2 Sep 18, 2008
OBAMA BLOWS ME wrote:
GEORGE WASHINGTON HATED SPANIARDS!!!
there's something for the liberal morning call and all the illegal aliens in the area!
He did not hate them he just did not trust them.
BloodRedSky

Philadelphia, PA

#3 Sep 18, 2008
"Closs told the children of a man who embodied civility and trust and thus was asked to lead a revolutionary army and then a new nation."

I see he left out the small part of slave ownership and cheating on Martha!!

Since: Mar 08

Allentown, PA

#4 Sep 18, 2008
BloodRedSky wrote:
"Closs told the children of a man who embodied civility and trust and thus was asked to lead a revolutionary army and then a new nation."
You can always depend on someone to dwell on negatives and minimize any positive contribution.

“Think”

Since: Mar 07

Chesapeake, VA

#5 Sep 18, 2008
Favorite Washington Quotes:

If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter.

As Mankind becomes more liberal, they will be more apt to allow that all those who conduct themselves as worthy members of the community are equally entitled to the protections of civil government. I hope ever to see America among the foremost nations of justice and liberality.

It will be found an unjust and unwise jealousy to deprive a man of his natural liberty upon the supposition he may abuse it.

Guard against the impostures of pretended patriotism.

“Think”

Chesapeake, VA

#6 Sep 18, 2008
BloodRedSky wrote:
I've never heard claims of his infidelity before. Can you point to a reference that we can look at to learn more?

(or perhaps you're thinking of Jefferson's affair with Hemmings)
TRIPLE K

Macungie, PA

#7 Sep 18, 2008
The real George Washington and Tom Jefferson, are spinning in there graves like a barbeque spit right now!!!!The are not only spinning but puking as well...
snakeoil

Whitinsville, MA

#9 Sep 18, 2008
"With a sword on his hip and 64 brass buttons on his military-style jacket"

Why was he allowed in the school with a weapon?
The Indispensable Man

San Jose, CA

#10 Sep 18, 2008
Allentown_Frank wrote:
<quoted text>
I've never heard claims of his infidelity before. Can you point to a reference that we can look at to learn more?
That accusation has been speculated upon by historians forever. No documentation to prove it has ever been uncovered.

So it remains speculation for the weakminded to use to tear down the greatest American in history (IMHO).

“Think”

Chesapeake, VA

#11 Sep 18, 2008
The Indispensable Man wrote:
<quoted text>
That accusation has been speculated upon by historians forever. No documentation to prove it has ever been uncovered.
So it remains speculation for the weakminded to use to tear down the greatest American in history (IMHO).
What speculation, exactly? The Washington/Fairfax thing?
The Indispensable Man

San Jose, CA

#12 Sep 18, 2008
Allentown_Frank wrote:
<quoted text>
What speculation, exactly? The Washington/Fairfax thing?
That is the main one. I believe that he may have written a letter that could be construed as too freindly to another woman. I can't recall the name, I would have to look that up in one of my biographies on washington.
WashingtonROCKS

Bethlehem, PA

#13 Sep 18, 2008
WHO cares if the man slept with 100's of woman or just one? How does that effect my everyday life? Not at all. Look at what he did for the country. I could care less. He was a great leader and I wish our current crop of "leaders" would be more like him. I wish more people would concern themselves on REAL issues. This nation is soooo obsessed with sex. Like a 14 year old boy. Who's doing who. Who cares!
BloodRedSky

Philadelphia, PA

#14 Sep 18, 2008
Allentown_Frank wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe you need to go take a college course where things aren't "sugar coated"!

“Think”

Chesapeake, VA

#15 Sep 18, 2008
BloodRedSky wrote:
<quoted text>Maybe you need to go take a college course where things aren't "sugar coated"!
Maybe I do. However, while I avoided insults or personal attacks on you in my request for more information, you utterly failed to deliver the goods.
The Indispensable Man

San Jose, CA

#16 Sep 18, 2008
BloodRedSky wrote:
<quoted text>Maybe you need to go take a college course where things aren't "sugar coated"!
Which college course did you take that gave any factual (not speculation or opinion) information that backs up your claim of infidelity on George Washington's part? And surely you can back that up with a link if it is legitimate.

Or are you just a stone thrower?
BloodRedSky

Philadelphia, PA

#17 Sep 19, 2008
Allentown_Frank wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe I do. However, while I avoided insults or personal attacks on you in my request for more information, you utterly failed to deliver the goods.
I have not used personal attacks. I don't know you. And as I said, you need to take a college course. I can't remember which one it was because it was 23 years ago!

“Think”

Chesapeake, VA

#18 Sep 19, 2008
BloodRedSky wrote:
<quoted text>I have not used personal attacks. I don't know you. And as I said, you need to take a college course. I can't remember which one it was because it was 23 years ago!
Holding onto the slim chance that you still might be right, I'm going to ask a third time for something to review that would show evidence of your claim.
The Indispensable Man

San Jose, CA

#19 Sep 19, 2008
Allentown_Frank wrote:
<quoted text>
Holding onto the slim chance that you still might be right, I'm going to ask a third time for something to review that would show evidence of your claim.
Here is a reasonable explanation that discouts the affair between Washington and Fairfax.

http://www.revolutionarywararchives.org/fairf...
BloodRedSky

Philadelphia, PA

#20 Sep 22, 2008
Allentown_Frank wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok, I concede! I was disillusioned by the education system! But that is nothing new. When I was in high school, the little I learned about Vietnam turned out to be slanted way to one side! George Washington's name will stay untarnished!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Kennett Square Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Largest chain nursing home Sep '17 Undone 1
Fire (Aug '12) Sep '17 Molly 2
House caught fire in avondale Sep '17 Molly 1
Crazy Elvis from West Grove Sep '17 Roger 1
Ron Cogdill Is a child molester Jul '17 Jim 3
Looking to relocate (Nov '16) Jul '17 Pin209 3
anyone know (Mar '14) Jun '17 Stupid_tihs 4

Kennett Square Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance