fieht

Coudersport, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 20, 2009

Are there any regulations pertaining to Pawn Shops? 25% interest per month on a loan? That's got to be illegal. State of Missouri also says that a license to loan is required. Anybody ever see one?
fiet

Coudersport, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 21, 2009

lol wrote:
quit smokin crack and you wont have pawn your shlt off
You think crack smokers are the only one's with financial problems. Get your head out of the sand. You've apparently never had SERIOUS financial problems. I mean folks with medical emergencies, or that have had some traumatic loss. These places are little better than loan sharks that prey on the poor that banks and credit companies won't help because of their poverty.
fiet

Coudersport, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 21, 2009

By the way, I have never done illegal drugs, and I am not the victim. I'm just a witness that has researched this after seeing a transaction in one of these shops.

Independence, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 22, 2009

Judged:

Don't we have the government reglulating enough crap already? As long as someone is up front and honest about the intrest and loan terms that is what is important. Noone is forcing anyone to use there services.
carguy

Ash Flat, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 23, 2009

Judged:

I agree, If you dont wanna use them, dont. But they will give you money no questions asked. And if you think their interest is bad, go to advance america or one of those places, theirs annual is 478%!!
fiet

Coudersport, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 26, 2009

You're not getting the picture.#1, it's illegal for a bank or a finance company to charge this rate of interest, so how do a bunch of unlicensed yahoo's get away with it.#2, the only reason someone would do this is not because of choice, but because of lack of choice. And there again, this is not about substance abusers. it's about poor families and others that have emergencies and have no where else to go. A situation you guy's have apparently never been in. FINALLY, according to MO Dept.of Finance Administration, you must obtain a "license to loan" to lend money in the state of Missouri. I would be willing to bet these guy's don't even know what that is.

Fredericktown, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2009

Apparently your not getting the picture. Banks are regulated a finance company is not. Go into Security Finance and see how much the interest rate is...outrageous. Anyone who is federally backed must adhere to these regulations they do not apply to PRIVATE lenders. Stop worrying about pawn shops and get an education.
Coffee

Punta Gorda, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2009

fieht wrote:
Are there any regulations pertaining to Pawn Shops? 25% interest per month on a loan? That's got to be illegal. State of Missouri also says that a license to loan is required. Anybody ever see one?
Opening a pawn shop is not as easy as one would think. So I guess what they are allowed to charge is legal. Sorry...
How to Open a Pawn Shop
If you are interested in opening a pawn shop, you'll be glad to know that this career option has been around a long time. For those who can't secure a bank loan and those who don't have the time, visiting a pawn shop is a perfect solution. To start the business on your own, you'll need the proper licenses and a full understanding of the business.
Difficulty: Challenging
Instructions
Get Your License
Step 1
Understand the pawn shop business. A pawn shop operates on a short-term loan basis, and the amount of the loan is dependent on the value of the goods brought to the shop. A client will bring an item to a pawn shop as collateral for a loan, and the pawnbroker will assess the value of the item to determine the amount of the loan offered. If the loan is not repaid, the item remains in your possession.
Step 2
Know that nobody can operate a pawn shop without a license. In order to get one, you will need to contact your state's Department of Financial Institutions and submit an application to the non-depository division (see Resources for an example).
Step 3
Pay the fee to submit your application. It will cost around $1,500 and up to apply with the Department of Financial Institutions.
Step 4
Contact co-workers (particularly those in financial institutions) and have them write letters of reference to include as a supplement with your application.
Step 5
Get a letter from a CPA, or Certified Public Accountant, which includes a statement of your liquid assets and net worth.
Step 6
Visit the police station to get your state's directions on pulling your criminal record. You will need to access your file for every state in which you've lived permanently, and you can call the stations in other states as necessary instead of visiting. You will most likely need to fax your permission to pull your file to each office.
Step 7
Request a copy of your business and personal credit report from one of the three major credit reporting agencies like Experian (see Resources).
Step 8
Submit the supporting documents for your pending application. You will need to include the document from your Certified Public Accountant, a credit report for your business, written proof of your financial expertise, a criminal record report, and your letters of reference.
Step 9
Await your license approval for your pawn shop. You may need to submit other paperwork as required, but you should be on your way to looking for pawn shop locations in no time.

cont'

http://www.ehow.com/how_4914213_open-pawn-sho...
i dont

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2009

fieht wrote:
Im sure you can use an i.d.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
Kennett Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Kennett Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Kennett People Search