First Prev
of 2
Next Last
deep breathes

Fairmont, WV

#1 Jan 14, 2008
I started taking the prescription Chantix to help me quit smoking. It has been 7 days and I can really tell a big difference. Yesterday I only smoked 1. I have smoked a pack a day for 25 years. If any of you are trying to quit I recommend Chantix. It is a little pricey (my insurance did not pay any on it)but well worth the $128.00, for a month supply, thats walmart price, I think you can get it cheaper at Teko. Anyways just wanted to let ya'll know that it does work!
kennett

Fairmont, WV

#2 Jan 14, 2008
Yes it works really great! I got mine at Teko. it was cheaper there, and within 1 month I had quit!

Since: Aug 07

Festus, MO

#3 Jan 14, 2008
One pack aday is not a heavy smoker.The chantix may cause problems with people that have lung problems,or blood presure problems.I know of two people that have had a stroke and it wasn't long after starting to take chantix.and some Doctors will prscibe this knowing there is a possiblity of a stroke
smoke free

Dexter, MO

#4 Jan 14, 2008
yeah, chantix starter pack has helped me out too, I at first thought it wasnt going to help me its a bit pricey but well worth it let me tell you. I have been smoking a pack a day for over 20 years, and I would recommend for anyone too try Chantix I quit wanting them within about a week, and I am hoping that I dont have too get my 2nd month of refill of Chantix 'cause I do have lots more refills of the pills if I need them. Now that I have quit smoking I am like, I cant stand the smell of smoke, my truck I had to have it shampoo out, I just cant be around someone that smokes makes me sick to my stomach so I guess that good huh? Does anyone else feel this way too? I am glad that I bought Chantix.
smoke free

Dexter, MO

#5 Jan 14, 2008
Country wrote:
One pack aday is not a heavy smoker.The chantix may cause problems with people that have lung problems,or blood presure problems.I know of two people that have had a stroke and it wasn't long after starting to take chantix.and some Doctors will prscibe this knowing there is a possiblity of a stroke
Country.....man you are wrong....my doc put me on chantix 'cause I have lung problems and he said if I continue smoking then it would lead to emphemsyema and the best thing for me was the Chantix to help me quit smoking. Some ppl on here get there stuff so mixed up..hey you need too just stick to your morning coffee messages with the women folks lol!!! You must not smoke so mind ya own ya dont know what ya talking about so go pipe to the your women buddies on the morning coffee messages....ohh ladies.......
inside out

United States

#6 Jan 14, 2008
my husband was a 2 pack a day smoker, and was for 20+ years....he has been on blood pressure medication for 1 1/2years and he took chantix and he did fine and he stopped smoking.
Agreed

United States

#7 Jan 14, 2008
Chantix is the best. I quit after smoking for 17+ years. It took a bit longer than a month. I did the recommended 3 months and then took a break from it. My husband only took it for about a month and quit. I never heard of any risks assoc with it.
going back on it

AOL

#8 Jul 24, 2008
i went on it quit for 4 months then stoped the chantix but lost my dad and went back to smoking now i am going back on it to quit again it was the only thing that helped me stop smoking i would tell everyone i know to take it good luck and stay with it.
Ritter

Saint Louis, MO

#9 Jul 24, 2008
I took it for the recommended 3 months and I never did quit. This also happened to my neice.
My brother-in-law took it for a while and he said if he had taken another one it would have killed him. He was so weak and dizzy!

By the way, my dr got mine thru the company and it was free. So you that take it may have your dr check it out.
Tracy

Roseburg, OR

#10 Nov 16, 2008
GET OFF CHANTRIX TODAY!!
My mom started Chantrix and 4 weeks later had a stroke and a heart attack. She's only 58 years old, exercised daily and had very little risk of stroke by any other reasons and her doctor NEVER told her that this drug could cause a stroke or heart attack. The ONLY change in her medications was Chantrix. I know it is VERY hard to quit smoking, but if you care about your brain you will stop taking Chantrix.

Lake Saint Louis, MO

#11 Nov 16, 2008
after smoking for 33 yrs, 2 packs a day, i took chantix...stopped smoking in 11 days...that was 19 months ago....
coldturkey

Ocala, FL

#12 Feb 8, 2010
I quit cold turkey after 2 day on Chantix at 1%, and have been smoke free 11 day. I do not remember a time in my life when i did not smoke. I had withdraw symptoms but Chantix took the edge off the cravings. its almost 2 weeks on the drug and am starting to ween myself off. I believe its gonna work, cause i am committed to quitting

Since: Mar 08

Chicago, IL

#13 Mar 7, 2010
smoke free wrote:
<quoted text> Country.....man you are wrong....my doc put me on chantix 'cause I have lung problems and he said if I continue smoking then it would lead to emphemsyema and the best thing for me was the Chantix to help me quit smoking. Some ppl on here get there stuff so mixed up..hey you need too just stick to your morning coffee messages with the women folks lol!!! You must not smoke so mind ya own ya dont know what ya talking about so go pipe to the your women buddies on the morning coffee messages....ohh ladies.......
Man your doc is wrong, there are now a number of documented cases of strokes and deaths attributed to this drug. google it and see
walter

North Fort Myers, FL

#14 May 5, 2010
3 packs a day( 90 cig) - 2 month chantix today 5/5/2010 0 000000000 cigarretes ths chantix smoke free 2 month,20 years smoking no more cigarettes.
debbie

Syracuse, NY

#15 May 14, 2010
I just started chantix, and its been one week and i havent had a cigarette, nor do i want one... I think this is working. I am also on High Blood pressure pills , I feel fine
Finally Quit

Lancaster, PA

#16 May 17, 2010
THE CRAVINGS ARE STILL THERE, BUT THE DRUG WORKS, AND I AM
)
(
)

FREE!
wondering

United States

#17 May 18, 2010
just started it yesterday, i hope it helps me like it has all of yall.....
READY 4 A CHANGE

Greer, SC

#18 Dec 1, 2010
WELL..IVE STARTED MY 1ST TABLET 2DAY AND HMM..IM DOING OK.I USUALLY HAVE THAT MORNING CIGARETTE BUT NOT THIS MORNING.I AM HELL BENT AN DETERMINED ITS NOW OR NEVER!I HAVE SMOKED FOR 31 YEARS AND IT IS TIME.I WANT TO BE HERE TO SEE MY DAUGHTER GRADUATE HIGH SCHOOL..GO ON TO COLLEGE AND GET MARRIED AND HAVE ME SOME BEAUTIFUL GRANDCHILDREN.CHANTIX IS MY LAST HOPE.I HAVE TRIED SO MANY TIMES TO QUIT.I CAN DO THIS AND I WILL!
Just saying

United States

#19 Dec 1, 2010
I took Chantix in 2008 and it worked. I quit smoking but not for long. Before I even got into the fourth week I was so constipated I thought I was going to have to go to the ER. Not a good feeling at all. It took Enemas and daily laxative use for several weeks to get everything working normal again. I quit the Chantix and needless to say, I am smoking.
It is a wonderful aid for anyone interested in quitting as long as they are not bothered by troublesome side effects.

United States

#20 Dec 2, 2010
Not to mention it makes you sick as hell to your stomach as well, it may help you to quit smoking but causes other health problems, sorry but I would rather smoke!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Kennett Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
President Bone Spur 39 min Trump 37
Bill Heinen 1 hr Lmao 14
Dunklin County jail 8 hr Guest 30
Looking for steve bowling 9 hr Charlie06 4
Why is kennett such a sewer hole? Sun American Patriot 21
lookin for cheap $200-$300 dollar car (Jul '09) Sat Roger Jackson 1963 304
Doctors Sat Angel 8

Kennett Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance