Tattoos, Piercings, and Your Job Pros...
Professional

Clarkton, MO

#145 Aug 30, 2012
I'm still trying to get him(them) as the case may be to tell us why it is a poor decision not why is a poor decision. It seems he(they) have exhibited a hypothetical situation with absolutely no.viable foundation to base it on as we the opposing force in this debate in ourselves are the only validation against their debate that we need, effectively quashing their rediculous insinuations yet he(they) will continue to manifest his(their) rhetoric and illiteracy in an unfounded and malicious manor proving only their idiocracy as he(they) have in this and other threads. The only true poor decision making in this thread is their continuous attempt to prove in others what is obviously portages by themselves without their knowledge due to their shallow and inept thought processing. Good day.
Mr It

Springfield, MO

#146 Aug 30, 2012
Sophia wrote:
Muffy, I'm interested in your opinion of my comment. Where's the problem? Even the dean of my university must have a more open mind and understand of individuality than you and many of the ppl posting on here. And what about my D.O.N., welp she doesn't have a problem either. Wonder how many ppl would refuse immediate medical assistance if a family member or even some of the ppl so against tattoos would let me do medical intervention incase of a life threatening situation? Oh I'm sorry, granny is having a heart attack but could you please find a nurse without a tattoo? Lmao, YEAH right!!
Muffy can answer when she comes along but I'd like to address your comments. While few, if any, would refuse medical help due to tattoos on the provider, you can rest assured that I'd be more quick to sue the hospital and the individual provider if anything went wrong while under the care of someone who looked like a prison escapee or a sidewhow act at a carnival.
There IS a downside to looking like a freak.
Mr It

Springfield, MO

#147 Aug 30, 2012
Professional wrote:
I'm still trying to get him(them) as the case may be to tell us why it is a poor decision not why is a poor decision. It seems he(they) have exhibited a hypothetical situation with absolutely no.viable foundation to base it on as we the opposing force in this debate in ourselves are the only validation against their debate that we need, effectively quashing their rediculous insinuations yet he(they) will continue to manifest his(their) rhetoric and illiteracy in an unfounded and malicious manor proving only their idiocracy as he(they) have in this and other threads. The only true poor decision making in this thread is their continuous attempt to prove in others what is obviously portages by themselves without their knowledge due to their shallow and inept thought processing. Good day.
We're going to take up the issue of alcoholism next. Booze results in posts such as yours. Man, that's almost unreadable.
Yeah

Clarkton, MO

#148 Aug 30, 2012
Mr It wrote:
<quoted text>
We're going to take up the issue of alcoholism next. Booze results in posts such as yours. Man, that's almost unreadable.
As for you during someone due to their wearing tattoos as though it had some bearing it shows your irrational thought processing as I stated earlier and as for this statement it shows your inability to comprehend anything other than your own twisted veiwpoint. You don't accept the facts before you that many (although you can't see them) have tattoos in the professional field and the only ones with issues about it are opinionated self righteous individuals like yourselves. We are not impressed with your rhetoric and as soon as you step back into your dress and panties you can answer for one of your several alternative personalities since that is the lifestyle you are leading, or should I say misleading here. Good day.
Professional

Clarkton, MO

#149 Aug 30, 2012
Should've read as for you sueing. Know that's the best you can come up with to attack spelling so I corrected it. Buttons are small on my phone but point is made. And labeled professional not yeah.
Professional

Clarkton, MO

#150 Aug 30, 2012
Mr It wrote:
<quoted text>
Has nothing to do with alcohol or being unreadable just hard for someone like you to understand or agree with due to a one track mind and warped thought processing.
Sophia

Piggott, AR

#151 Aug 30, 2012
Mr It wrote:
<quoted text>
Muffy can answer when she comes along but I'd like to address your comments. While few, if any, would refuse medical help due to tattoos on the provider, you can rest assured that I'd be more quick to sue the hospital and the individual provider if anything went wrong while under the care of someone who looked like a prison escapee or a sidewhow act at a carnival.
There IS a downside to looking like a freak.
A freak? Oh I see how it is. Your that judgemental. Well some nurses that I know are obese, old, not attractive, some have grey hair, some have acne,some are very cute, some have crooked teeth, some have tattoos, some have body modifications.. Matter of fact when I choose to show my art work, I have a lot of people say, OH MY I'd never think you had tattoos. Im a very attractive sophisticated looking woman and that's funny you referred to me as a "freak". Im sure your probably not too attractive yourself, however bet I take into prespective if a health care situation goes south I judge that person on attractiveness and sue because they weren't appealing to my eyes. You sound nothing more than a shallow, insecure individual! As a nurse and a patient advocate, I'd rather not have you on my patient list. However, if I were ever in a situation to save a life, I wouldn't care if they were ugly as a turd, looked like a freak or had judgement of my appearance. I took an oath as a nurse to save and care for the public, HOWEVER on the same perspective during a regular nursing shift, WE have the choice as to whether WE as educated medical progessionals can put aside our beliefs and values and give those "certain" types of people care during our shift. That's why there are different personalities, different opinions, and different views. Such a wonderful thing to have a degree in the medical field, jobs are every where, a very stable and secure choice of career and best of all we care about public healthcare and safety. Lastly my reason would be the salary. I chose to become a RN because I have a passion to care for and about people. I have no reason to have this debate, just wanted to voice my opinion just as many others have on here. You all have a nice time with the rest of this thread, just know for a future reference you might want to ask your doctor to remove his lab coat and check his arms ;) you might want to also change doctors. LOL
Mr It

Springfield, MO

#152 Aug 31, 2012
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text> As for you during someone due to their wearing tattoos as though it had some bearing it shows your irrational thought processing as I stated earlier and as for this statement it shows your inability to comprehend anything other than your own twisted veiwpoint. You don't accept the facts before you that many (although you can't see them) have tattoos in the professional field and the only ones with issues about it are opinionated self righteous individuals like yourselves. We are not impressed with your rhetoric and as soon as you step back into your dress and panties you can answer for one of your several alternative personalities since that is the lifestyle you are leading, or should I say misleading here. Good day.
Your emotional response is noted. I accept the fact that many so-called professionals have disfigured their bodies and, thus, they have revealed serious misgivings about themselves and their competence. Those with tattoos are pretenders, not comfortable in their own skin. You know it, I know it, and I'm pleased to remind you of it.

The good news is that, if help is sought, help is available.
Mr It

Springfield, MO

#153 Aug 31, 2012
Sophia wrote:
<quoted text>
A freak? Oh I see how it is. Your that judgemental. Well some nurses that I know are obese, old, not attractive, some have grey hair, some have acne,some are very cute, some have crooked teeth, some have tattoos, some have body modifications.. Matter of fact when I choose to show my art work, I have a lot of people say, OH MY I'd never think you had tattoos. Im a very attractive sophisticated looking woman and that's funny you referred to me as a "freak". Im sure your probably not too attractive yourself, however bet I take into prespective if a health care situation goes south I judge that person on attractiveness and sue because they weren't appealing to my eyes. You sound nothing more than a shallow, insecure individual! As a nurse and a patient advocate, I'd rather not have you on my patient list. However, if I were ever in a situation to save a life, I wouldn't care if they were ugly as a turd, looked like a freak or had judgement of my appearance. I took an oath as a nurse to save and care for the public, HOWEVER on the same perspective during a regular nursing shift, WE have the choice as to whether WE as educated medical progessionals can put aside our beliefs and values and give those "certain" types of people care during our shift. That's why there are different personalities, different opinions, and different views. Such a wonderful thing to have a degree in the medical field, jobs are every where, a very stable and secure choice of career and best of all we care about public healthcare and safety. Lastly my reason would be the salary. I chose to become a RN because I have a passion to care for and about people. I have no reason to have this debate, just wanted to voice my opinion just as many others have on here. You all have a nice time with the rest of this thread, just know for a future reference you might want to ask your doctor to remove his lab coat and check his arms ;) you might want to also change doctors. LOL
You're right in observing that there are many ways in which one can come to be physically unattractive. However, we're talking about those who do so voluntarily. I don't have a problem with old gray haired folks, people with big noses or ears or acne or any of that sort of thing. Big guts? Well, that's a problem. See? It's all about choices -- those who "choose" to lose are the ones I try to correct.

You made a mistake in getting tattoos and you see how I (and many others) judge you and the decision you made. That's helpful to you. That's LOVE on my part. You now know how to improve. What a gift I provide!
Professional

Clarkton, MO

#155 Aug 31, 2012
It has nothing to do with being uncomfortable in ones skin, only a way to express ones inward self through artwork and is only a mistake in judgemental and steroyypical eyes. As for being unattractive, the more I listen to Sophia and her ideaology and self description the more she Stokes my interest. As for trying to express what one is selfconcious about it seems Mr. It is projecting himself as more than anyone could be in an attempt to rise to a position above others instead of being content with who he is and finding those who are different to be brothers and sisters of this earth. He will always be searching for someone to share life with,but unable to find them due to placing himself on a false pedestal above everyone. Such a waste.
Professional

Clarkton, MO

#156 Aug 31, 2012
Sophia wrote:
<quoted text>
Very well said Sophia. You keep talking I will be wanting to meet you. Beauty is in ones spirit more than their skin but my observation thus far is that you appear to be blessed with both. You go girl.
Sophia

Piggott, AR

#157 Aug 31, 2012
I've scanned a few more opinions and yes I choose to have my tattoos. LOL, if I had of been held down to get them they wouldn't be as nice and pretty as they are ;) And I believe one stated tattoos were a choice...yes they are, but are genetic defects a "choice"? No they aren't. Look people the problem here is looking at someone from the outside in, not the inside out. A person is who they are because of their personality and inner beauty. I'm a very energetic and happy person and I'm sure even the one's of you who are so opposed to tattoos would enjoy just sitting and talking with me. I make every moment of my life worth living and always try to make a difference and leave a lasting impression on my patients I care so dearly for and even random people I run into at a gas station, supermarket or any where for that matter. I love life and love people. It saddens me to think because of a tattoo people would refer to me or anyone else as a freak. Have you pepople watched that movie "Mask" with Cher? That's an awesome example of making judgement from an outward apperance. You all just need to have an open mind and most of all an open heart. Some of those freaks could impact your life in a way you might never realize if given the chance.
Professional

Clarkton, MO

#158 Aug 31, 2012
If you check other threads you will find that Mr. It is not about the tattoos but just pushes a malcontent and combative personality who can't have,any kind of relationship without thrusting himself upon others and would even make a stand against his own belief system so that he could have conflict but cannot ha e relationship ship without someone being humble to his opinion and being publicly humiliated. Classic signs of an abuser in family relationships. It is a person aloft disorder they down deep know is wrong but can't change without professional help and drug therapy.
Sophia

United States

#159 Aug 31, 2012
Professional? What type of profession are you in? I'm assuming healthcare but then again I'm assuming so please correct me if I'm wrong. Just wondering because u seem so easy going, laid back, down to earth, and most of all nonjudgmental. Hard to have all these qualities these days with the way times have changed.
Pete

Springfield, MO

#160 Sep 1, 2012
Sophia wrote:
Professional? What type of profession are you in? I'm assuming healthcare but then again I'm assuming so please correct me if I'm wrong. Just wondering because u seem so easy going, laid back, down to earth, and most of all nonjudgmental. Hard to have all these qualities these days with the way times have changed.
He changes tires over at Wal-Mart. Damn good at, too.
Professional

Clarkton, MO

#161 Sep 1, 2012
CEO of a recovery and hauling outfit but I started as a truckdriver and never forgot where I came from. The best people were there. I appreciate everyday as I have no promise of tomorrow and thankful for all those tattooed fellas that got me here. Not in medical field but was married to a RN at one time. Before this recovery operation I was a floor bouncer on wkends when I wasn't trucking. I have sent a few for medical attention. Does that count? LOL I just don't take things personal even when its bad. Life's to short to waste. No profit in it. Enjoy it while you got it and try to help others do the same but don't sit idley by and watch someone bring misery to those around them. Godbless and good day.
Muffy

Pearland, TX

#162 Sep 2, 2012
How sweet Professional, brings a tear to my eye.
Sophia

Piggott, AR

#163 Sep 2, 2012
And also a humble man. There's always those sour one's of the bunch. And even if he did change tires at Walmart he seems like one I'd rather conversate with. Close minded people miss out on a lot.
Mr It

Springfield, MO

#164 Sep 3, 2012
Sophia wrote:
And also a humble man. There's always those sour one's of the bunch. And even if he did change tires at Walmart he seems like one I'd rather conversate with. Close minded people miss out on a lot.
"Conversate?" Conversate? Do you mean "converse"? He's someone you'd rather converse with? Which is it? Conversate or converse?

"Conversate" is term often used by the uneducated but the proper term is "converse". You'd rather converse with him.

Perhaps English is not your native tongue. But, if you are to rise above your current station in life, it'll become increasingly important that you embrace education and good grooming.

Info

Clarkton, MO

#165 Sep 3, 2012
Sophia wrote:
Actually I have a nephew that changes tires at Walmart and Mr it can talk all he wants but best keep identity concealed from nephew cause he would warp that noggin. I also have a cousin that's been working there since it was magic mart and is district manager now but he started out washing windows. Don't tell Mr it/whatever but they both have tattoos. Thank-you very much Sophia. Always nice to find a pleasant personality here to CONVERSATE with.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Kennett Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Hayley Flood 2 hr Instigator 11
Spencer Bulock 5 hr Bystander 16
the clink complaints 7 hr Truth hurts 18
Brittany Hardin (Jul '12) 8 hr Aridia 4
just call it a bad day 9 hr guest 1
How did Shawn Callis die? 12 hr Sad but true 7
Prayer for today 14 hr Mike 4
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Kennett Mortgages