Dunklin County Real Estate taxes

Dunklin County Real Estate taxes

Posted in the Kennett Forum

curious one

Fenton, MO

#1 Nov 6, 2009
Does anyone know how they figure out what we owe on real estate? How do they determine what your home is worth? How do they come to the total amount due. Thanks
OLE GUY

Kennett, MO

#2 Nov 6, 2009
Your property (real estate) is appraised by appraisers from the tax assessor's office, and is usually about 33% of actual value, and that amount is then multiplied by a figure set by state law. If you're unhappy with the results, you can appear before the County Commission and appeal that amount.
private

Kennett, MO

#3 Nov 6, 2009
OLE GUY wrote:
Your property (real estate) is appraised by appraisers from the tax assessor's office, and is usually about 33% of actual value, and that amount is then multiplied by a figure set by state law. If you're unhappy with the results, you can appear before the County Commission and appeal that amount.
I got mine yesterday and a car that I bought in March 2009 is listed on there. Is this correct? I thought you only paid taxes on what you owed in 2008
bbB52

United States

#4 Nov 6, 2009
curious one wrote:
Does anyone know how they figure out what we owe on real estate? How do they determine what your home is worth? How do they come to the total amount due. Thanks
you are assessed by the ASSESSOR, call them
curious one

Fenton, MO

#5 Nov 6, 2009
I know it is assessed by the assessor, I was asking how they arrive at the amount owed, and how they determine what your home is worth.

OLE GUY, do you have any idea what the figure that is set by they state is?

Thank you for the answers.
bbB52

United States

#6 Nov 6, 2009
and I said "CALL THEM AND ASK THEM"
been there

United States

#7 Nov 6, 2009
rent and walk any you wont owe any
Mr Glass Fan

Indonesia

#8 Nov 6, 2009
private wrote:
I got mine yesterday and a car that I bought in March 2009 is listed on there. Is this correct? I thought you only paid taxes on what you owed in 2008
You should only be taxed for what you owned on Jan 1 2009. The car you bought in March should not included till Jan 1 2010.
curious one

United States

#9 Nov 7, 2009
bbB52 wrote:
and I said "CALL THEM AND ASK THEM"
Will you call them for me and ask?:)
bbB52

Saint Louis, MO

#10 Nov 8, 2009
lol, NO

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Kennett Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Brad Metheny 2 hr Ktown 1
Who that girl who drive that black 300 on rims? 3 hr guest 18
what about donnita patton (Jul '09) 7 hr haha 41
More on God's Children by God's Promises 11 hr guest 2
God the Father Has His Eye on You 11 hr guest 2
The Power of the Spirit 11 hr guest 3
Does the Bible say mixing races is wrong? (Mar '14) 11 hr Jjbooboo 24

Kennett Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Kennett Mortgages