what is your favorite memory in Kennett?
handy

Fairmont, WV

#61 Jan 30, 2008
LSinPS wrote:
Did anyone else ever go to the "Cardwell Country Club", and does anyone else remember the band "Trout-McGhee"..at least I think that was the band's name...
very well use to run around there. im an ole bootheel bandit.lol
handy

Fairmont, WV

#62 Jan 30, 2008
LSinPS wrote:
Did anyone else ever go to the "Cardwell Country Club", and does anyone else remember the band "Trout-McGhee"..at least I think that was the band's name...
rude mood jaded hart sevral others cant remember that takes me back.
boothillian

United States

#63 Jan 31, 2008
Thosewherethedays wrote:
<quoted text> LOL They dont make those surar daddies like they used to! You can tell you been away from Kennett awhile, you said "pop" not sodie! LOL
Always did say pop. Growing up and in school everyone made fun of the way I talked. They would say "what are you from the city or something?" So when I left the boothill and went to live in the city everyone would say, "you can sure tell you are from the country"! Sometimes you just can't win.

Since: Aug 07

United States

#64 Jan 31, 2008
content wrote:
<quoted text>did u know any neels from there r.l. rob rana electrcians,.
Can't say as I do!thats been many years ago.LOL.But did know about every one there.That was back before Oct 1966 when I went into the Army..

Since: Dec 07

Kennett

#65 Jan 31, 2008
I agree that circling Mcgee's, the log cabin and making the loop thru town. Can't forget soem of the great dances we used to have at the American legion..My Sarah drining flaming hookers, catching the tabel cloth on fire and getting kick out of the Shiloh. Also the Cotton Patch that was down stairs at the CottonBoll Hotel. And oh who we like we the watermelon buyers would could town in the summer. Spents many days and night at the swimming pool or the park watching baseball, or playing tennis or baskeball. And I would be remiss if I didn't mention the Peck's basement and RP. I would say the best times I ever had we spent here between the years of 1966 ns 1972. Oh another good memory was all the great halloween parties we used to have.

Since: Dec 07

Kennett

#66 Jan 31, 2008
sorry for all the typos my brain works faster that these old fingers
Kennett Alum

Chesapeake, VA

#67 Feb 1, 2008
Hey BB Sage--Can you name any bands that played at the American Legion dances? Grandpa sure liked one particular band. Name it!

Since: Dec 07

Kennett

#68 Feb 1, 2008
Kennett Alum wrote:
Hey BB Sage--Can you name any bands that played at the American Legion dances? Grandpa sure liked one particular band. Name it!
I really don't know what my brother liked but the best band to play absolutley had to be the Victors. There was also the guys from C'ville "nightraiders" and then the ones from Senath Dr. Dave and the Interns. There were a few more but I can't remember their names. Oh Oh seems like that Black Oak AR may have played a time or two. Please tell me his favorite was.
Kidding

Blue Springs, MO

#69 Feb 1, 2008
The Victors were a pretty good band and a great bunch of guys.

Since: Aug 07

Festus, MO

#70 Feb 2, 2008
When you could find a job most any where!!!
Kennett Alum

Suffolk, VA

#71 Feb 2, 2008
BBSage--Grandpa loved the Victors best. I had forgotten the name of the band from C'ville and you are right-it was the Nightraiders. Yes, Black Oak Arkanasas did play a couple of times.

BB I know who you are because of your Sage name.
Kennett Alum

Suffolk, VA

#72 Feb 2, 2008
Kidding wrote:
The Victors were a pretty good band and a great bunch of guys.
Well you made my day since I was one of em! Thanks.

Since: Dec 07

Kennett

#73 Feb 2, 2008
Kennett Alum wrote:
<quoted text>
Well you made my day since I was one of em! Thanks.
Okay give us a little hint of who you are, I knew all you guys pretty well and used to sit with a couple everyone morning before school. Those dances were the best. I can remember one night going to McGee's after the dance and line was backed up almost to the sale barn. Those were the days!
ONEBADCOP

Kennett, MO

#74 Feb 2, 2008
Running around with Benice Cannon, Tracy Housholder and his wife Lee, and Stacy, and Dewayne Trainor, and Brian and Pam Callis, riding the loop, and going to the old haunted house south of twon, and to the Senath light.
Kennett Alum

Suffolk, VA

#75 Feb 2, 2008
bbsage wrote:
<quoted text>
Okay give us a little hint of who you are, I knew all you guys pretty well and used to sit with a couple everyone morning before school. Those dances were the best. I can remember one night going to McGee's after the dance and line was backed up almost to the sale barn. Those were the days!
Nothing like a hot summer night in the 60's playing at the American Legion. We charged $1.00 per person and some nights there were over 500 people in attendance. Grandpa used to love to grab a tamborine and play along.

Here is a clue that should answer the question. Does the name Dilly sound familiar?

Since: Dec 07

Kennett

#76 Feb 2, 2008
Kennett Alum wrote:
<quoted text>
Nothing like a hot summer night in the 60's playing at the American Legion. We charged $1.00 per person and some nights there were over 500 people in attendance. Grandpa used to love to grab a tamborine and play along.
Here is a clue that should answer the question. Does the name Dilly sound familiar?
Yes,Yes, Yes. It's been quite a while. I hope you're doing okay. Seems like I may have sen where checked in every now and then on Myfamily.
Kennett Alum

Suffolk, VA

#77 Feb 2, 2008
bbsage wrote:
<quoted text>Yes,Yes, Yes. It's been quite a while. I hope you're doing okay. Seems like I may have sen where checked in every now and then on Myfamily.
Good to hear from you too. It has been many many years. Way too many. I hope to get back to Kennett for a visit some day. I am doing well and hope the same is true for you.

Since: Dec 07

Kennett

#78 Feb 2, 2008
Kennett Alum wrote:
<quoted text>
Good to hear from you too. It has been many many years. Way too many. I hope to get back to Kennett for a visit some day. I am doing well and hope the same is true for you.
You might want to check out this site. cdbaby.com/cd/alexroll .
I think you might be surprised if you haven't seen it yet.
Kennett Alum

Suffolk, VA

#79 Feb 3, 2008
bbsage wrote:
<quoted text>
You might want to check out this site. cdbaby.com/cd/alexroll .
I think you might be surprised if you haven't seen it yet.
Thanks for sharing. I did not know about this. This is good stuff.
emery

Fairmont, WV

#80 Feb 4, 2008
charlies pizza,now those were the days

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Kennett Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Brenna Hamm (Aug '11) 49 min You know 13
Henderson st (Oct '11) 7 hr Thanks 15
Factory Jobs 9 hr Blessed 13
New Bussiness On St.Francis 12 hr joel cool 8
Floyd st 16 hr Guest 14
kennett suck 18 hr Justthefacts 28
Pat Wright 18 hr Come home andy 7

Kennett Jobs

Personal Finance

Kennett Mortgages