Food Stamp Dependence
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Stone

Burlington, IA

#21 Feb 4, 2013
Barnyard wrote:
For Stone/Stibe you neglect the possibility of designer legislation for the rich to not pay fair share, off shore accounts etc that don't work for the poor. Its called white collar crime and even presidential candidates do it and get away with it and are chosen to lead the way. They all do it and then design laws to protect themselves from prosecution. Then they design laws to tax us to help poor so they can steal it and oppress the poor to keep them from getting it while their miappropriating the funding to themselves through administrative channels. Its more prevelent everyday and less able to prosecute it. They are even so greedy as to tax the poor even more to cover their stealing and put a little more toward their personal gains.At the sermon on the mount Jesus multiplied and gave so quit twisting Scripture with perverted revelations of your own. You wouldn't know righteousness Mr responsible. Alms is sustainance given freely without strings. All should work if able and work is available but there are needs to meet and programs are set up for such not to be drained by the rich. Misappropriations, administrative drainage, white collar crime, tax scoff laws, etc. None of these are imaginary terms nor are they rare. The rich tend to work on what they can manipulate from others not what they can earn by their works. Just wanted to make sure you address the full spectrum of the situation not just the farthest end from you.
I readily acknowledge that crime exists and that backs are scratched. Who you know and who you blow has and will continue to be important but you're exaggerating the extent of it in order to make a semi-valid point. You didn't acknowledge the exceptions and there are many.

Let me repeat: rewarding success results in more successful people. Rewarding failure results in more failed people. It's important that we care enough for those at the bottom of the socio-economic ladder to provide them with pathways to success and then reward them when they arrive, not punish them. Life and success within it are largely matters of personal choice. Some choose to watch the game; others choose to design it. Spectators pay to get in; designers reap the rewards. As it should happen, as it should happen.
sokar

Dexter, MO

#22 Feb 4, 2013
Stone wrote:
<quoted text>
Military service is one pathway. It's not for cowards, of course. They must find another avenue but the important thing is to not suck the taxpayer's tit -- don't be a burden of society. Who's going to take care of the children? Allow me to suggest that one not have children if he/she can't support them. There's no obligation to have children.
You're a bonehead: no one has talked about "requiring" military service. I said it was a pathway for those poor people with a working brain. It's a way out of poverty.
I take it from your scrambled message that you don't really know any millionaires or billionaires who didn't pay taxes. I didn't think you did but, remember, if you ever find one, contact the IRS.
"blah blah, blah, rhetoric, blah blah, mind closed I'M RIGHT BLAH BLAH."- STONE
Stone

Burlington, IA

#23 Feb 4, 2013
sokar wrote:
<quoted text>
"blah blah, blah, rhetoric, blah blah, mind closed I'M RIGHT BLAH BLAH."- STONE
In the psychological field, we call what you just did "projection".

Face it, you're a low information poster. What I advise people like you to do is just read and try to understand what the adults are discussing.
Sad Still

Kennett, MO

#24 Feb 4, 2013
College Grad wrote:
<quoted text>
I hate to be the bearer of bad news but alot of those who receive foodstamps do have a college degree, let's take teachers for instance, we work very hard to give children in our community a good education but we make very little. Some of us are single parents and do need a little help. Should we be ashamed of needing that help?
Some people take their food stamps and sell them, take trips that the reg. worker would never take, live in govt. housing. And cry all the time, I am a single mommey. Are you a certified teacher or just an aide? What about your earned income, you'll be broke in two months. You work, but whine ALL the time about it, all you want is a sugar daddy.
Sokar

Dexter, MO

#25 Feb 4, 2013
Stone wrote:
<quoted text>
In the psychological field, we call what you just did "projection".
Face it, you're a low information poster. What I advise people like you to do is just read and try to understand what the adults are discussing.
Sure doctor that's on topix , i'll take two and call you in the morning. Nice Keyboard Warrior, Maybe your dissociative Fugue and that explains alot ( I teach psychology at real school)
Stone

Burlington, IA

#26 Feb 5, 2013
Sokar wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure doctor that's on topix , i'll take two and call you in the morning. Nice Keyboard Warrior, Maybe your dissociative Fugue and that explains alot ( I teach psychology at real school)
No wonder so many children are screwed up. You're a "teacher"? Good grief. We're in a worse mess than I could have imagined.
George Bailey

Fairfax, VA

#27 Feb 5, 2013
Sokar wrote:
<quoted text>Um how do you expect a person on food stamp to pay for college that could cost in excess of 3,000 a semester just in tuition? Are you going to by them a mower?Do you know they personally don't look for work?

Please enlighten us and then enlighten us on why Millionaires and Billionaires should pay zero to little taxes, while taking government aide in form of TARP money or Bailouts? Oh please, we are all ears.

The money that could be gained from taxing the wealthy and cutting defense would easily put us back in the black.
Wrong. You could tax ALL the millionaires and billionaires 100% and it would pay for the government spending for less than one week.
sokar

Dexter, MO

#28 Feb 5, 2013
George Bailey wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong. You could tax ALL the millionaires and billionaires 100% and it would pay for the government spending for less than one week.
And you can prove this how? And did you account for corporate welfare? That is apart of government spending! Taxes don't work on a small scale an increase in millionaires and Billionaires would lesson the burden on the middle class because THEY pay much more. Only a Fox news viewer would believe that giving Rich people more money helps poor people. Fox and other Conservative pushers push these "taxing rich only pays for XXX spending" without ever understanding the long-term effects and then understanding corporate welfare is by far more degrading to the economy than social welfare which actually improves economic prosperity.

What do you want to Cut in spending? Can we start with the billions we use for Defense?

“Conservatives say if you don't give the rich more money, they will lose their incentive to invest. As for the poor, they tell us they've lost all incentive because we've given them too much money.”-George Carlin
Informative

Campbell, MO

#29 Feb 5, 2013
Sad Still wrote:
<quoted text>Some people take their food stamps and sell them, take trips that the reg. worker would never take, live in govt. housing. And cry all the time, I am a single mommey. Are you a certified teacher or just an aide? What about your earned income, you'll be broke in two months. You work, but whine ALL the time about it, all you want is a sugar daddy.
Your a 2faced bitchh. You validate "designers" for creating legislation to benefit themselves and attack those not responsible for creating laws for becoming informed and using the system they designed to benefit themselves at a cost to others. Basically its their ripoff and they don't like anyone using it. Sounds like the thought processing of a 10 year old. You idiot.
George Bailey

Chesapeake, OH

#30 Feb 6, 2013
sokar wrote:
<quoted text>And you can prove this how? And did you account for corporate welfare? That is apart of government spending! Taxes don't work on a small scale an increase in millionaires and Billionaires would lesson the burden on the middle class because THEY pay much more. Only a Fox news viewer would believe that giving Rich people more money helps poor people. Fox and other Conservative pushers push these "taxing rich only pays for XXX spending" without ever understanding the long-term effects and then understanding corporate welfare is by far more degrading to the economy than social welfare which actually improves economic prosperity.

What do you want to Cut in spending? Can we start with the billions we use for Defense?

“Conservatives say if you don't give the rich more money, they will lose their incentive to invest. As for the poor, they tell us they've lost all incentive because we've given them too much money.”-George Carlin
I can prove this by using simple math Nd common sense. Actually I was wrong. If you tax all the millionaire and billionaires it would pay what the governments spends for 8-9 days. I said "less than one week."
There are 5.1 million households that are considered millionaire households. Let's assume each millionaire makes $250,000 per year.(The New York Times says the average is $247,000 so I used $250,000. Even though the median income is only $131,000. The outliers make the average higher.) if you taxed every millionaire and billionaire at 100% that would equal $1.275 trillion dollars. The US government spends $3-$3.5 billion per day. That is about $1.095-$1.278 trillion per year. As most people, but not you can see if you tax all millionaire and billionaires at a rate of 100% it would not pay the government spending under Obama. When Obama care fully kicks in this will not even be enough. And I will remind you, those numbers are assuming the average millionaire and billionaire is making $250,000 per year when only 70% make between $75k-$150k. The millionaire status also includes their house and all other assets which is not true values. You really do not understand micro and macro economics. My advice to you is to start paying attention and read a little instead of just believing everything Obama says. May I suggest you start with Dr. Seuss to start with. That seems to be your level.
little lette
#31 Feb 7, 2013
Come on wrote:
take away the guns and double down on the food stamps!
oh please tell me you were attempting to be sarcastic cause you sound ignorant if not!
little lette
#32 Feb 7, 2013
College Grad wrote:
<quoted text>
I hate to be the bearer of bad news but alot of those who receive foodstamps do have a college degree, let's take teachers for instance, we work very hard to give children in our community a good education but we make very little. Some of us are single parents and do need a little help. Should we be ashamed of needing that help?
no because you do work, you pay in taxes, you aren't one of the people that have no job a new car and an iphone and dependin on others to feed you and your kid. you work, some people actually need the help but he idiots have made it hard for the honest people to get them.
little lette
#33 Feb 7, 2013
Stibe wrote:
<quoted text>
I would simply suggest a change in career path. It's well known that our teachers are underpaid in relation to their true value and it's been well known for decades. In college, it's important to pursue an education that prepares one for the world of work and adequate income. Unfortunately, many prefer to study "history" or social studies that leave them unprepared for the real world of work.
We can be thankful for teachers and the great service they provide but they knew the income potential of the job as they prepared for it. I'd personally be ashamed to be begging for food but that's up to the individual. I just know that, as a taxpayer, I'm fed up with feeding other people who have just as much talent and ability as I do but have made bad decisions in life. We must live with the life we choose.
there is a difference in those who abuse that help and those that work and pay taxes as well needin a little help
Cheater

Dexter, MO

#34 Feb 7, 2013
I heard there was a lady in Hibbett's the other day trying to buy shoes with her food stamps! Then she got caught trying to steal two left foot shoes! How about that?!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Kennett Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Poll Should LeeAnn Garrison murder be reopened (Feb '08) 24 min Common knowledge 743
Married unto you 4 hr Old Time Kennett ... 1
Surrender leading to song 4 hr Old Time Kennett ... 1
The Lord Promising a New Heaven and New Earth 4 hr Old Time Kennett ... 1
Prayer for today 4 hr Old Time Kennett ... 1
Turn to the Lord today! 4 hr Old Time Kennett ... 1
Donna (Apr '11) 8 hr I know the truth 29

Kennett Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Kennett Mortgages