Food Stamp Dependence
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Responsible

Dexter, MO

#1 Jan 31, 2013
You cannot cost-shift financial responsibility from one group of people to another and expect this to be sustainable. History has proven this many times. By penalizing the productive and rewarding the able-bodied unproductive, you create dependency. Do we have an obligation to help the needy? Absolutely, but not through the hands of a bureaucrat. Churches and charities are much more efficient with our money. The Bible mentions that it was expected of the producers to leave a portion of the crop in the field for the poor and needy to harvest for themselves. The difference between today and then was that the poor still had to work for their subsistence. The food stamps and other government hand-out programs are a disservice to the recipient.
Come on

Kennett, MO

#2 Jan 31, 2013
take away the guns and double down on the food stamps!
True Blue

United States

#3 Jan 31, 2013
What about the billions of dollars every year the Republicans give the oil companies. What about the billions our Government gives farmers every year. What about the billions on tax breaks Republicans give millionaires.
I had prefer my tax dollars go to feed some poor children over some rich, fat oil tycoon that the Republicans always seem to defend.
Just like Republicans. Give everything to the rich then blame your problems on the poor. Geez!!! When will people wake up and see the smoke Fox News and the rest of the Republican Party is blowing up your a$$..
Barnyard

Campbell, MO

#4 Jan 31, 2013
Responsible wrote:
You cannot cost-shift financial responsibility from one group of people to another and expect this to be sustainable. History has proven this many times. By penalizing the productive and rewarding the able-bodied unproductive, you create dependency. Do we have an obligation to help the needy? Absolutely, but not through the hands of a bureaucrat. Churches and charities are much more efficient with our money. The Bible mentions that it was expected of the producers to leave a portion of the crop in the field for the poor and needy to harvest for themselves. The difference between today and then was that the poor still had to work for their subsistence. The food stamps and other government hand-out programs are a disservice to the recipient.
I agree with your veiw on whose running the system now but totally disagree with churches being the answer. The corruption in our country is twofold in church administrations these day. They are so corrupt and decietful it is pathetic. Preachers and their families using foodbanks, tithes, etc for personal piggybanks and running around in new suvs paid for with alms. Their kids dress better than bankers with latest top of the model everything on a whim. They preach take care of the poor and give all you can then explain away why they don't practice what they preach. The break any laws they can get away with and don't fear being caught up on charges and when all goes bad they pick up and take their schemes elsewhere. In these final days you better beware. The Antichrist will come claiming to be of God. If you have a problem with your money going to help the needy by someone else's hand your not going to do it yourself. Your so obvious.
Lookie

Kennett, MO

#5 Jan 31, 2013
True Blue wrote:
What about the billions of dollars every year the Republicans give the oil companies. What about the billions our Government gives farmers every year. What about the billions on tax breaks Republicans give millionaires.
I had prefer my tax dollars go to feed some poor children over some rich, fat oil tycoon that the Republicans always seem to defend.
Just like Republicans. Give everything to the rich then blame your problems on the poor. Geez!!! When will people wake up and see the smoke Fox News and the rest of the Republican Party is blowing up your a$$..
Are you saying Republicans is the only party that does this and not Democrats?
Stone

Burlington, IA

#6 Jan 31, 2013
True Blue wrote:
The subject is "food stamp dependence" and you come along with nonsense. The facts are that there are many leeches on taxpayers and our society today but the issue here is "food stamp dependence". Anyone on food stamps needs to ask why they are so in need. What choices could they have made and what choices can they now make that would allow them to become productive members of this society?

Could they go back to school and learn a trade? Could they mow your lawn and make $10? Could they look for work instead of the mailman?

Instead of being a stooge for the Dimocrat cult of non-thinkers, why don't you focus on the topic at hand?
Responsible

Dexter, MO

#7 Jan 31, 2013
Are the poor willing to work in the fields and the harvest to put food on their tables? If the farmers set aside some land for the poor, would they work it for their benefit? Would the poor raise their own vegetable gardens, can and preserve their harvest for the winter? These are the ways the Bible speaks of for the poor to help themselves and their families.
College Grad

Fairfax, VA

#8 Feb 4, 2013
Stone wrote:
<quoted text>
The subject is "food stamp dependence" and you come along with nonsense. The facts are that there are many leeches on taxpayers and our society today but the issue here is "food stamp dependence". Anyone on food stamps needs to ask why they are so in need. What choices could they have made and what choices can they now make that would allow them to become productive members of this society?
Could they go back to school and learn a trade? Could they mow your lawn and make $10? Could they look for work instead of the mailman?
Instead of being a stooge for the Dimocrat cult of non-thinkers, why don't you focus on the topic at hand?
I hate to be the bearer of bad news but alot of those who receive foodstamps do have a college degree, let's take teachers for instance, we work very hard to give children in our community a good education but we make very little. Some of us are single parents and do need a little help. Should we be ashamed of needing that help?
Sokar

Dexter, MO

#9 Feb 4, 2013
Stone wrote:
<quoted text>
Um how do you expect a person on food stamp to pay for college that could cost in excess of 3,000 a semester just in tuition? Are you going to by them a mower?Do you know they personally don't look for work?

Please enlighten us and then enlighten us on why Millionaires and Billionaires should pay zero to little taxes, while taking government aide in form of TARP money or Bailouts? Oh please, we are all ears.

The money that could be gained from taxing the wealthy and cutting defense would easily put us back in the black.
Stibe

Burlington, IA

#10 Feb 4, 2013
College Grad wrote:
<quoted text>
I hate to be the bearer of bad news but alot of those who receive foodstamps do have a college degree, let's take teachers for instance, we work very hard to give children in our community a good education but we make very little. Some of us are single parents and do need a little help. Should we be ashamed of needing that help?
I would simply suggest a change in career path. It's well known that our teachers are underpaid in relation to their true value and it's been well known for decades. In college, it's important to pursue an education that prepares one for the world of work and adequate income. Unfortunately, many prefer to study "history" or social studies that leave them unprepared for the real world of work.

We can be thankful for teachers and the great service they provide but they knew the income potential of the job as they prepared for it. I'd personally be ashamed to be begging for food but that's up to the individual. I just know that, as a taxpayer, I'm fed up with feeding other people who have just as much talent and ability as I do but have made bad decisions in life. We must live with the life we choose.
Stone

Burlington, IA

#11 Feb 4, 2013
The keys on my pad are sticking - that was my post just not, Stone's, not "Stibe".
Stone

Burlington, IA

#12 Feb 4, 2013
Sokar wrote:
<quoted text>
Um how do you expect a person on food stamp to pay for college that could cost in excess of 3,000 a semester just in tuition? Are you going to by them a mower?Do you know they personally don't look for work?
Please enlighten us and then enlighten us on why Millionaires and Billionaires should pay zero to little taxes, while taking government aide in form of TARP money or Bailouts? Oh please, we are all ears.
The money that could be gained from taxing the wealthy and cutting defense would easily put us back in the black.
The answer is quite simple: choose to serve and defend your country in uniform and, as a result, you'll qualify for college tuition and benefits that you have rightfully earned. That's the path to success that poor folks from Kennett and the general area have taken for generations. Serve and receive your rewards.

If you know a millionaire or a billionaire that doesn't pay taxes, take it up with the IRS. Tell them. Name them. I think you've sipped the Kool-Aid and that what you'll find once you cease being a low information voter is that very few, if any, of those exist.

Punishing success results in less success. Rewarding failure results in more failure. Obama doesn't understand this but, if you sleep on it and set the cult's Kool-Aid aside, perhaps one day you will.
sokar

Dexter, MO

#13 Feb 4, 2013
Stibe wrote:
<quoted text>
I would simply suggest a change in career path. It's well known that our teachers are underpaid in relation to their true value and it's been well known for decades. In college, it's important to pursue an education that prepares one for the world of work and adequate income. Unfortunately, many prefer to study "history" or social studies that leave them unprepared for the real world of work.
We can be thankful for teachers and the great service they provide but they knew the income potential of the job as they prepared for it. I'd personally be ashamed to be begging for food but that's up to the individual. I just know that, as a taxpayer, I'm fed up with feeding other people who have just as much talent and ability as I do but have made bad decisions in life. We must live with the life we choose.
I studied Social Science and I teach, so don't get preach it's hard to find a job. So you're saying people shouldn't pursue their interest? Then they should go and then most likely fail out in something they aren't interested in? As a taxpayer i don't care about people on welfare, so there that disqualifies out individual positions.
mike

Kennett, MO

#14 Feb 4, 2013
where did you read anything about church????????
Barnyard wrote:
<quoted text> I agree with your veiw on whose running the system now but totally disagree with churches being the answer. The corruption in our country is twofold in church administrations these day. They are so corrupt and decietful it is pathetic. Preachers and their families using foodbanks, tithes, etc for personal piggybanks and running around in new suvs paid for with alms. Their kids dress better than bankers with latest top of the model everything on a whim. They preach take care of the poor and give all you can then explain away why they don't practice what they preach. The break any laws they can get away with and don't fear being caught up on charges and when all goes bad they pick up and take their schemes elsewhere. In these final days you better beware. The Antichrist will come claiming to be of God. If you have a problem with your money going to help the needy by someone else's hand your not going to do it yourself. Your so obvious.
Barnyard

Campbell, MO

#15 Feb 4, 2013
Once again let a farm boy enlighten you studious men of high intellect. Usually a conversation or debate starts with the very first statement on the issue. If you miss that statement or are so convinced you can jump in anywhere knowing the whole playing field you usually miss the boat and wind up ineffective and looking foolish. If your keeping up there is no need to respond with reference point. Start at the beginning and finish at the end.
sokar

Dexter, MO

#16 Feb 4, 2013
Stone wrote:
<quoted text>
The answer is quite simple: choose to serve and defend your country in uniform and, as a result, you'll qualify for college tuition and benefits that you have rightfully earned. That's the path to success that poor folks from Kennett and the general area have taken for generations. Serve and receive your rewards.
If you know a millionaire or a billionaire that doesn't pay taxes, take it up with the IRS. Tell them. Name them. I think you've sipped the Kool-Aid and that what you'll find once you cease being a low information voter is that very few, if any, of those exist.
Punishing success results in less success. Rewarding failure results in more failure. Obama doesn't understand this but, if you sleep on it and set the cult's Kool-Aid aside, perhaps one day you will.
So if you're not willing to possible go and die or be hurt in the military you (or can't outright pay for it) you shouldn't go to college. Most people on welfare can't even feed their families or themselves whose going to take care of the children? You want to take another parent out of the home?

You know who used to also require military service? The Spartans and look how that worked out. they got their assessss handed to them by goatherders from the north.

Mitt Romney, Barack Obama, Dick Cheney, George Bush, Donal Trump, Bill Clinton, etc. should I got into the private sector . Yeah I'm sure the IRS will get right on it! Talk about KOOL-AID your is just sodium pentathlon.
Barnyard

Campbell, MO

#17 Feb 4, 2013
For Stone/Stibe you neglect the possibility of designer legislation for the rich to not pay fair share, off shore accounts etc that don't work for the poor. Its called white collar crime and even presidential candidates do it and get away with it and are chosen to lead the way. They all do it and then design laws to protect themselves from prosecution. Then they design laws to tax us to help poor so they can steal it and oppress the poor to keep them from getting it while their miappropriating the funding to themselves through administrative channels. Its more prevelent everyday and less able to prosecute it. They are even so greedy as to tax the poor even more to cover their stealing and put a little more toward their personal gains.At the sermon on the mount Jesus multiplied and gave so quit twisting Scripture with perverted revelations of your own. You wouldn't know righteousness Mr responsible. Alms is sustainance given freely without strings. All should work if able and work is available but there are needs to meet and programs are set up for such not to be drained by the rich. Misappropriations, administrative drainage, white collar crime, tax scoff laws, etc. None of these are imaginary terms nor are they rare. The rich tend to work on what they can manipulate from others not what they can earn by their works. Just wanted to make sure you address the full spectrum of the situation not just the farthest end from you.
Stone

Burlington, IA

#18 Feb 4, 2013
sokar wrote:
<quoted text>
I studied Social Science and I teach, so don't get preach it's hard to find a job. So you're saying people shouldn't pursue their interest? Then they should go and then most likely fail out in something they aren't interested in? As a taxpayer i don't care about people on welfare, so there that disqualifies out individual positions.
You found a job sucking the taxpayer's tit. What I'm saying is that one should find work that pays sufficiently for him/her to support any and all offspring they may have. Develop new interests. Don't be a one-trick pony. Life is full of interesting things that, if done well, pay well.

If you don't care about people on welfare, you have serious mental issues and should seek treatment.
Stone

Burlington, IA

#19 Feb 4, 2013
sokar wrote:
<quoted text>
So if you're not willing to possible go and die or be hurt in the military you (or can't outright pay for it) you shouldn't go to college. Most people on welfare can't even feed their families or themselves whose going to take care of the children? You want to take another parent out of the home?
You know who used to also require military service? The Spartans and look how that worked out. they got their assessss handed to them by goatherders from the north.
Mitt Romney, Barack Obama, Dick Cheney, George Bush, Donal Trump, Bill Clinton, etc. should I got into the private sector . Yeah I'm sure the IRS will get right on it! Talk about KOOL-AID your is just sodium pentathlon.
Military service is one pathway. It's not for cowards, of course. They must find another avenue but the important thing is to not suck the taxpayer's tit -- don't be a burden of society. Who's going to take care of the children? Allow me to suggest that one not have children if he/she can't support them. There's no obligation to have children.

You're a bonehead: no one has talked about "requiring" military service. I said it was a pathway for those poor people with a working brain. It's a way out of poverty.

I take it from your scrambled message that you don't really know any millionaires or billionaires who didn't pay taxes. I didn't think you did but, remember, if you ever find one, contact the IRS.
sokar

Dexter, MO

#20 Feb 4, 2013
Stone wrote:
<quoted text>
You found a job sucking the taxpayer's tit. What I'm saying is that one should find work that pays sufficiently for him/her to support any and all offspring they may have. Develop new interests. Don't be a one-trick pony. Life is full of interesting things that, if done well, pay well.
If you don't care about people on welfare, you have serious mental issues and should seek treatment.
And how is teaching anymore sucking on taxpayer tit than being in the military? or the mayor?

What i'm saying is you live in fantasy world of the simplistic and don't consider anything beyond your narrow margined view point.

I don't, i care more about paying trillions of dollars to kill brown people. then I care about a mom feeding her kids with my tax dollars.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Kennett Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Nate nelson (Oct '16) 3 hr the kid 4
Trump and Russia 5 hr American Patriot 3
Stephanie rushton 9 hr full socialism in... 6
Roy Moore 10 hr full socialism in... 33
How long until gullible Trump supporters 12 hr full socialism in... 7
lazy women who don't work or clean up. (Oct '10) 13 hr Okay 22
Do White Men Find Black Women To Be As Sexy As ... (Nov '09) 13 hr Okay 384

Kennett Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance