Corporal Punishment at Kennett Schools

Posted in the Kennett Forum

First Prev
of 11
Next Last
Corporal Punishment

Saint Louis, MO

#1 Oct 1, 2008
Does Kennett Schools use corporal punishment or paddling? Do they use it for girls as well? What girls have been paddled?
stand up for kennett

United States

#2 Oct 1, 2008
Corporal Punishment wrote:
Does Kennett Schools use corporal punishment or paddling? Do they use it for girls as well? What girls have been paddled?
Yes they do! I HAVE MY CHILDERN ON A NO SPANK LIST you fill it out in the school office.
Gitter Dunn

United States

#3 Oct 1, 2008
I think some kids need a paddle on their butts ---- if they don't get it at home , too bad but someone needs to do it.
stand up for kennett

United States

#4 Oct 1, 2008
Oh yes I am told I have very well behaved children If they get in trouble at school they know they have double trouble when they get home.So all the school has to do is call me and I deal with it so far no calls must be working.
SERIOUS

Kennett, MO

#5 Oct 1, 2008
my kids are on the NO SPANK LIST also...if they need a whooping id rather be the one to give it to em...
Scaner listener

Chicago, IL

#6 Oct 1, 2008
stand up for kennett wrote:
<quoted text>Yes they do! I HAVE MY WIDDLE DARLINGS WHO NEVER EVER DO NO WRONG ON A NO SPANK LIST you fill it out in the school office.
This F_cked up attitude is why the schools are like they are now days. I used to tell the school if my kids were out of line to bust those A$$es but good, and if they did get one school; they got one at home too. My kids also knew if they got one at school that they had better be the one to tell me or they got extra.
wannanomore

Saint Louis, MO

#7 Oct 1, 2008
I had my two boys on the No Spanking Lists at their school. And when my middle child (class clown) started acting out a lil, I went to the school IN FRONT OF HIM signed a peice of paper that he thought was was the SPANKING LIST. Since then I have had NO trouble out of him at all...I guess having that paper to him, was kinda security that he could "act out" a lil and never get in trouble. So, in this case we didn't do the No Spanking List for him & he knows if he acts out, he'll get his butt spanked, so far no trouble!
bcr

Saint Louis, MO

#8 Oct 1, 2008
I will not let them paddle my children because if we spank them it is considered child abuse. Why should someone else get to paddle them with a board and it be okay? I will deal with my own kids and if they get in trouble the school should call so i can make the decision if they should get a paddling.
Scaner listener

Chicago, IL

#9 Oct 1, 2008
Yes, the school will contact you if your kids get into trouble.

It is not considered child abuse to spank your kids. Some unknown Idiot called the abuse hot line on me for spanking my kids on the bare. The investigator said it is not abuse and is fine as long as you don't bruise them.
mJw

United States

#10 Oct 1, 2008
Scaner listener wrote:
<quoted text>
This F_cked up attitude is why the schools are like they are now days. I used to tell the school if my kids were out of line to bust those A$$es but good, and if they did get one school; they got one at home too. My kids also knew if they got one at school that they had better be the one to tell me or they got extra.
Scanner, I am sorry, but why do you feel you need to use such horrible language?
Scaner listener

Chicago, IL

#11 Oct 1, 2008
Idiots just get to me. Everybody wants to know why the schools are like they are, and then they limit one of the best discipline options. I'm sorry.
hmmmm now

United States

#12 Oct 1, 2008
Scaner listener wrote:
Yes, the school will contact you if your kids get into trouble.
It is not considered child abuse to spank your kids. Some unknown Idiot called the abuse hot line on me for spanking my kids on the bare. The investigator said it is not abuse and is fine as long as you don't bruise them.
no the school only calls fter the fact.it's in school rules they only call if you write a note telling them to call first.
carrie

Kennett, MO

#13 Oct 1, 2008
mJw wrote:
<quoted text>Scanner, I am sorry, but why do you feel you need to use such horrible language?
I agree with that part, but agree totally with what he said.
I was told the "No-paddle list" was done away with. They can choose to be paddled or be in AEP.
My kids have never been paddled, but if they do something to deserve it, they better take it. If they choose AEP, their dad will bust their butts harder than any teacher or principal can!
Scaner listener

Chicago, IL

#14 Oct 1, 2008
Yes Carrie, seems like you're right. It is in Missouri law that schools are allow to paddle.

In my above post I was saying the school will contact the parents if they don't want their kid paddled.
poed

United States

#15 Oct 1, 2008
Scaner listener wrote:
<quoted text>
My children will never be paddled by the school BUT you let one of my kids get in trouble at school and I have to go meet with the principal or teacher I guarantee their butt will be tore up when they get home or they will lose everything they value ( social life cell phone internet you know the teenage necessities [sarcasm]) it kills them.To me this is the way it should be (Yes I know it isn't always)the school needs to stop being the babysitters and parental influence for some of theses kids and force some parents into being just that parents!
Graduate

Kennett, MO

#16 Oct 1, 2008
I recently done a oral assignment at my school on the pros and cons of corporal punishment. So here are a few things to consider.. And I'm not saying all of these are right..
Cons
1. It perpetuates a cycle of child abuse. It teaches children to hit someone smaller and weaker when angry.
2. Injuries occur. Bruises are common. Broken bones are not unusual. Children's deaths have occurred in the U.S. due to school corporal punishment.
3. Corporal punishment is used much more often on poor children, minorities, children with disabilities, and boys.
4. Schools are the only institutions in America in which striking another person is legally sanctioned. It is not allowed in prisons, in the military or in mental hospitals.
5. Educators and school boards are sometimes sued when corporal punishment is used in their schools.
6. Schools that use corporal punishment often have poorer academic achievement, more vandalism, truancy, pupil violence and higher drop out rates.
7. Corporal punishment is often not used as a last resort. It is often the first resort for minor misbehaviors.
8. Many alternatives to corporal punishment have proven their worth. 28 states have banned corporal punishment Alternatives teach children to be self-disciplined rather than cooperative only because of fear.
Alternatives to corporal punishment include emphasizing positive behaviors of students, realistic rules consistently enforced, instruction that reaches all students, conferences with students for planning acceptable behavior, parent/teacher conferences about student behavior, use of staff such as school psychologists and counselors, detentions, in-school suspension and Saturday school.
My viewpoint:
I do not believe a child should get corporal punishment. In some states they are trying to make it illegal to spank your own kids so why should someone else get to hit your child with a paddle? I think it is wrong to hit a child with a piece of wood. I think there are alternative things we can do besides paddle. I believe that most kids who get a paddling brag about it more than anything. They think it is funny and do not learn a lesson. Also, If anyone has taken a child
psychology they would know that there are alternatives to spanking a child.

Blue Springs, MO

#17 Oct 1, 2008
Graduate wrote:
I recently done a oral assignment at my school on the pros and cons of corporal punishment. So here are a few things to consider.. And I'm not saying all of these are right..
Cons
1. It perpetuates a cycle of child abuse. It teaches children to hit someone smaller and weaker when angry.
2. Injuries occur. Bruises are common. Broken bones are not unusual. Children's deaths have occurred in the U.S. due to school corporal punishment.
3. Corporal punishment is used much more often on poor children, minorities, children with disabilities, and boys.
4. Schools are the only institutions in America in which striking another person is legally sanctioned. It is not allowed in prisons, in the military or in mental hospitals.
5. Educators and school boards are sometimes sued when corporal punishment is used in their schools.
6. Schools that use corporal punishment often have poorer academic achievement, more vandalism, truancy, pupil violence and higher drop out rates.
7. Corporal punishment is often not used as a last resort. It is often the first resort for minor misbehaviors.
8. Many alternatives to corporal punishment have proven their worth. 28 states have banned corporal punishment Alternatives teach children to be self-disciplined rather than cooperative only because of fear.
Alternatives to corporal punishment include emphasizing positive behaviors of students, realistic rules consistently enforced, instruction that reaches all students, conferences with students for planning acceptable behavior, parent/teacher conferences about student behavior, use of staff such as school psychologists and counselors, detentions, in-school suspension and Saturday school.
My viewpoint:
I do not believe a child should get corporal punishment. In some states they are trying to make it illegal to spank your own kids so why should someone else get to hit your child with a paddle? I think it is wrong to hit a child with a piece of wood. I think there are alternative things we can do besides paddle. I believe that most kids who get a paddling brag about it more than anything. They think it is funny and do not learn a lesson. Also, If anyone has taken a child
psychology they would know that there are alternatives to spanking a child.
*groans* another Dr. Spock. I wish we had it where the one doing the punishment, calls the parent, sits the child in the hallway for all to see while the parent comes and then let the teacher and parents decide who does the punishment right there and then, I know I would not want to go thru that.....
Jay

Blue Springs, MO

#18 Oct 1, 2008
Yep and if that parent doesn't show up. if they get a check, hold it up, if they have a job, go to the employer with a garnishment. Make parents be responsible
Scaner listener

Chicago, IL

#19 Oct 1, 2008
Graduate, your way has been tried and it has failed miserably. Look where it has gotten us; multiple school shootings; the learning environment has gone to Hell amongst other things. Schools would get good discipline back quickly if the paddle was brought nationwide.
ole guy

Kennett, MO

#20 Oct 1, 2008
some of those kids don't need a spanking, they need a damn club used on them. Then they might show a little respect for the teachers.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 11
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Kennett Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
kitten with liver shunt (Sep '07) 14 min Frank 85
Stand tall with the Lord 8 hr Old Time Kennett ... 1
Victorious over limitations 8 hr Old Time Kennett ... 1
The Lord Promising to Return for Us 8 hr Old Time Kennett ... 1
A Poll of Lies 8 hr Old Time Kennett ... 1
Prayer for today 8 hr Old Time Kennett ... 1
Reveal the corrupt and the hypocrisy 8 hr Wil Hunting 1

Kennett Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance