Peach Fair Beauty pageant

Peach Fair Beauty pageant

Posted in the Kennett Forum

pagent lover

Kennett, MO

#1 Aug 4, 2008
How did the pageant go? Who were the winners in Friday night's pageant?
KBF

Memphis, TN

#2 Aug 4, 2008
Kamryn Nelson won Friday night.
yep

Fairmont, WV

#3 Aug 4, 2008
Went great! However, they should have speeded things up a bit.
Pageant Mom

Little Rock, AR

#4 Aug 4, 2008
Junior Miss Division

Queen: Lauren VonRuden
1st Alt. McKenzie Biggs
2nd Alt. Taylor Miller
3rd Alt. Sydni Tarno
4th Alt.? Corbon?
Pageant Mom

Little Rock, AR

#5 Aug 4, 2008
4th Alternate: Bobbie Corder!
another mom

Kennett, MO

#6 Aug 4, 2008
I was there and it was exciting all the way to the end. Those judges had a very hard job. Beautiful girls and awesome dresses. Congratulations to to the winners!!!:)
grammie

Kennett, MO

#7 Aug 4, 2008
Congratulations to all the winners, but it really could have gone differently, those alternates were a little funny! There were about 6 girls in the top 10 that could have one that, so the winner should feel lucky is all I have to say.
i was there

Kennett, MO

#8 Aug 4, 2008
hey grammie, check out the forum in campbell and see what everyone's saying about this pageant. I think you will enjoy it!!

Luck....it was three ppls opinion. It's that simple. There isn't going to be one single pageant where everyone agrees. Is this so important? I mean come on,,,,,any of those girls can log on and read what ppl are saying,,,,u didn't have a score sheet, i didn't have one, only three ppl had one. And i guess that's why it went that way. It's all supposed to be for FUN. Maybe u should feel a little funny about your statement. My daughter only got into the top 10 and i couldn't pull her out of the building,,,because she had friends she wanted to watch and see the final outcome. If a 14 year old can say, "wow, that was a hard one", why can adults deal with it?
i was there

Kennett, MO

#9 Aug 4, 2008
AND i just reread ur post,,,grammie, i really hope her mom doesnt read what u said about her....she should feel "lucky", omg, r u an adult? You really need to think about what u have typed before you post it. THAT WAS TOTALLY UNCALLED FOR AND RUDE!!!!!!

She along with the other top 4 derserved it!! Good job girls, from a mom who's daughter you guys beat. I do have eyes and can say that this pageant had ALOT of competition!!!
grammie

Kennett, MO

#10 Aug 4, 2008
I didn't mean it like that sounded! any of those 6 girls would have been lucky to win! I DIDN'T MEAN IT LIKE JUST HER! don't try making it into something its not
blossom

Fairmont, WV

#11 Aug 4, 2008
congrats to the winners!
mom2

United States

#12 Aug 4, 2008
cameren won, so congrats to them and to Lauren and her mom.!!!
Angela VR

Little Rock, AR

#13 Aug 5, 2008
Thanks to everyone that has called and told Lauren Thanks! She has really worked hard for this accomplishment! All she wanted to do in the beginning was make it to the top 10! Nothing went right the whole day long and it all paid off in the end! Lauren enjoys doing these pageants for herself and not anyone else! She meets alot of different girls at each one she does and remains friends with alot of them. We are from the Steele area and there are no girls from the area that want to do them. We have asked several girls to just come and do them with us. Lauren has done them for sometime now. She stopped doing them almost 4 years ago when we moved away but she got back to doing them in February with the Ag Expo at Poplar Bluff. Lauren has lost many over the years just has other girls have. You will never see her get mad or down another girl that wins. She tries to learn something new each time and make friends along the way. Nothing more! Again, thanks to all that support her along the way and me as well. I was never nervous at a pageant but I sure was this one! All of the girls were beautiful and and yes it could have went many different ways! Yet, I will say Lauren did not feel LUCKY to win as someone put it! She was very excited, and very grateful, but not lucky! All her hard work she had put in to get to this one pageant had made it all worth it! Congratulations to the top Five!

Kennett, MO

#14 Aug 5, 2008
i just wanted to let Angie know that the statement about feeling lucky, wasn't meant that way, and she wasn't even talking about the junior pageant, she was talking about the 5-7, and the 8-11. That is the problem with these threads, there are actually 4 or 5 topics going on in one thread. Anyway, nothing was meant toward Lauren. She is a gorgeous girl. We simply thought that the Friday night pageants went wrong, although everyone will have a different opinion. I just wanted you to know that that comment was not directed at Lauren, or anyone in particular for that matter. A difference of opinion is what is amounts to.
Angela VR

Little Rock, AR

#15 Aug 5, 2008
guest wrote:
i just wanted to let Angie know that the statement about feeling lucky, wasn't meant that way, and she wasn't even talking about the junior pageant, she was talking about the 5-7, and the 8-11. That is the problem with these threads, there are actually 4 or 5 topics going on in one thread. Anyway, nothing was meant toward Lauren. She is a gorgeous girl. We simply thought that the Friday night pageants went wrong, although everyone will have a different opinion. I just wanted you to know that that comment was not directed at Lauren, or anyone in particular for that matter. A difference of opinion is what is amounts to.
No apology needed but appreciated. I was unable to attend the Friday nights pageant because we had so much going on. there are several girls I try to watch in that age group and didn't get too. I had heard bad things before Saturday nights pageant even occurred. We were so nervous anyways and we usually are not because Lauren is not one to care if she places or not. She just feels it takes all the fun out of it! When she was little she used to see these moms get sooooo mad attheir kids for not doing something on stage or complaining because they were messing up their hair and makeup, I have always tried not to be that away towards her. Afterall it is her doing them, I sure couldn't! I only support her with what she does and help her along the way! If any of you know her, you know she's came a long ways and the Peach Fair Pageant this year has meant alot to her. Her goal for that night was to just make it in the top 10 and she accomplished that with a little more. I don't get upset over what people say anymore afterall it's only THEIR opinion. I've learned let it go and it will just do that! Do I know you since you called me Angie?
Callie

Saint Louis, MO

#16 Aug 5, 2008
Everyone has an opinion on who should or should not win the pageant.
Some of you are so worried about the fact that everyone can see these posts and that everyone should be nice.
If you don't want someone to say your child is not so cute then DON'T PUT HER IN A BEAUTY PAGEANT!!
Otherwise you better tell her to cowgirl up!
If you are asking to be judged on your looks then that is what you are gonna get.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Kennett Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
"Unpopular" Promises Regarding Pride and Humility 2 hr Old Timer 1
Prayer for today 3 hr _Peach_ 2
Helping Hand building 10 hr Curious 4
Mo. lawmaker says " Trump should be assassinated 18 hr Fox 7
Trumps N.Korean Threats Misunderstood 19 hr The Wall 1
Missouri Nudist Club Eclipse Day Extra 19 hr The Wall 2
Trump Warns N.Korea 19 hr The Wall 12

Kennett Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance