First Prev
of 3
Next Last
just wondering 5

Columbia, MO

#1 Jan 9, 2008
What percentange of the citizens in this area could or does draw a CRAZY CHECK ......and how do i sign up? lol
DoDaD

United States

#2 Jan 9, 2008
I don't have a clue as to the percentage or how you would go about signing up. However going on the fact that you think this is a funny topic I would imagine that you would qualify with no problem.
Mad at the system

United States

#3 Jan 9, 2008
I know that some parents have been accused of "training" their kids to fail examinations so that they can receive these checks. I also don't know WHY they need them. A child with learning problems, etc. does not cost more to feed and clothe than a normal child. And their health care is free. Just another way of giving our tax money away.
gmen

Kennett, MO

#5 Jan 9, 2008
Mad at the system wrote:
I know that some parents have been accused of "training" their kids to fail examinations so that they can receive these checks. I also don't know WHY they need them. A child with learning problems, etc. does not cost more to feed and clothe than a normal child. And their health care is free. Just another way of giving our tax money away.
so true
just wondering 5

Columbia, MO

#6 Jan 9, 2008
DoDaD wrote:
I don't have a clue as to the percentage or how you would go about signing up. However going on the fact that you think this is a funny topic I would imagine that you would qualify with no problem.
you got that right DoDad,!!!!!For one thing most people that get them are NOT crazy, just do not want to work,,,know what i mean?
DoDaD

United States

#7 Jan 9, 2008
just wondering 5 wrote:
<quoted text>you got that right DoDad,!!!!!For one thing most people that get them are NOT crazy, just do not want to work,,,know what i mean?
Sadly enough you are right about the fact that many people draw checks for things they are really not qualified to recieve. Peole abusing the system just to draw a check has become a family heritage with generation after generation of the same family drawing checks.
It used to be that kids had a good side and a bad side as they called it or sometimes it was called a split personality. now days it's Bi-Polar disoreder and Dr's seem to hand out that diagonsis like giving out candy at Halloween.
Question is how do you stop the abuse without depriving those who are truly qualified?
DoDaD

United States

#8 Jan 9, 2008
OOPS !!!! I guess the spell check police will get me for that last post since I failed to check it before I posted it.
Roll the Dice

Saint Louis, MO

#9 Jan 9, 2008
There once was a woman in Steele who actually drove all over to find a doctor that would say her son had a heart condition. She got her kid approved for a check when he was 5 or 6. She had 2 other kids on a check for ADHD and something else. Nothing was wrong with any of her children. He was going to lose his check at one point and the mom asked the doctor to do a surgrey which wasn't approved on her son.

I don't know if she put her son thru the surgery or not. But it was just so sad to see. The family lived in squaller. Both parents in the home smoked cigs and pot. You would think that they would want a better life for themselves and their children.
Amanda G

West Memphis, AR

#10 Jan 9, 2008
Your right, I don't understand why people want to just sit on there a**es! Or claim a lower income so they can recieve help from the government. It is PATHETIC! You know there are people out there that really need the help who can't get it b/c of idiot's cheatting the system. That is one thing that get's me fired up! And I know ALOT of them in Kennett. Which I know it's not only in Kennett it is everywhere! Pretty dang sad! You know, it must be nice getting free groceries, free medical and cash on top of that! I don't know how some people live with thereselves! And no, I personally don't need it because my husband and I work our butts off to supply our family with what we need. But I do know people who do need help or have needed help at one time and couldn't qualify.
kindaknowtheguy

Blytheville, AR

#11 Jan 9, 2008
i know a guy that is normal as long as he takes his meds, but he goes through phases and wont take them right , then gets fired cause he wont go to work. he wont let his 2 teenagers work because it will make his rent go up. what is he teaching his kids ? thats right, its ok to be lazy because the gov will take care of you
turnip seed

Saint Louis, MO

#12 Jan 10, 2008
I'm all for helping people if they NEED help. But to just sit on their butts all day and do nothing and have everything handed to them makes me sick.
What

Fairmont, WV

#13 Jan 10, 2008
Mad at the system wrote:
First of all I think it is sick for someone to consider it as a crazy check and I don't think the children that actually need it should be punished by people on here because there are people actually abusing the system. It may not take as much to feed or clothe a special child but it does take more to care for them. If there is a special child in the family either the mother or father one has to stay at home to care for the child or you have to pay for someone to come in and care for the child. There are parents that do care for their children and keep them with them instead of pushing them off to the state or putting them in a nursing home. So yes some families actually do need so I am more than happy to hand them my tax dollars, some people who are capable don't even work and our tax dollars are going to there welfare checks or to the hispanics that make more than I do and I have to support them with my tax dollars to go to the DR. for free when I have to have insurance and pay. Then I also foot their grocery bill through food stamps. So don't dog on our own whenever we are helping our own that actually need help.
sorrow

Naperville, IL

#14 Jan 10, 2009
What wrote:
<quoted text>
First of all I think it is sick for someone to consider it as a crazy check and I don't think the children that actually need it should be punished by people on here because there are people actually abusing the system. It may not take as much to feed or clothe a special child but it does take more to care for them. If there is a special child in the family either the mother or father one has to stay at home to care for the child or you have to pay for someone to come in and care for the child. There are parents that do care for their children and keep them with them instead of pushing them off to the state or putting them in a nursing home. So yes some families actually do need so I am more than happy to hand them my tax dollars, some people who are capable don't even work and our tax dollars are going to there welfare checks or to the hispanics that make more than I do and I have to support them with my tax dollars to go to the DR. for free when I have to have insurance and pay. Then I also foot their grocery bill through food stamps. So don't dog on our own whenever we are helping our own that actually need help.
i totally agree with you on this im a 15 year old girl and i do need help in my home we have a two bedroom apartment for me my sister my niece my mom and my grandma my sister is 17 but my mom doesnt have any money to even get her a state id so she can work my niece is only 6 and she cant do anything but go to school and be the best she can be my grandma 78 and blind so she cant work my mom is 45 and she had a bad stroke a year ago at her job and now she can never work again yes we have food stamps but its only to suppport our family i wish i can get a job sooo much im sorry that i even take you guys tax money but we really do need it me my niece and sister can only go to school so we can get a our highschool deploma and try to make something of ourselves and make a better way for us and our family i mean it is some ppl that dont need it but we really do if we didnt have stamps it would be no food in our house at all i dont wanna say it but basically we depend on the link every month im sorry if me and my family is a sorrow to you guys that just believe we are taking you tax money.
Shoot Straight

AOL

#15 Jun 9, 2010
Having worked in the public field for 25 years, I feel sorry for many of you good intention bleeding hearts. I have seen so much abuse of the "Crazy Check" process that it is scary. There should be a more through screening. Mom and pop DO NOT sit at home with impaired child. They go to the school and raise cain about not getting additional services for their disruptive violent child. It is true the abusers make it bad for the ones that really deserve the support. But folks, you kindness is seen as weakness and these youth will not be contributors to socity! They are being taught the system will supply all their needs and all the have to do is Act Crazy!!
Shoot Straight

AOL

#16 Jun 9, 2010
Hey wake up outer ring suburbs they are headed your way! Disruptions in school and chaos in the community and shame on you for trying to correct the foul mouthed disrespectful youth. Section 8 is the gate way!
Just me

United States

#17 Jun 11, 2010
Many of these parent(s) will apply for a disability check for their child even if they only have a speech impediment. They don't need or require extra money for that. Most of these parents have several children and are getting disability checks on most or all of them. They are such concerned parents until they get them in special classes & get a check on them.
OPINION

Rector, AR

#18 Jun 11, 2010
sorrow wrote:
<quoted text>
i totally agree with you on this im a 15 year old girl and i do need help in my home we have a two bedroom apartment for me my sister my niece my mom and my grandma my sister is 17 but my mom doesnt have any money to even get her a state id so she can work my niece is only 6 and she cant do anything but go to school and be the best she can be my grandma 78 and blind so she cant work my mom is 45 and she had a bad stroke a year ago at her job and now she can never work again yes we have food stamps but its only to suppport our family i wish i can get a job sooo much im sorry that i even take you guys tax money but we really do need it me my niece and sister can only go to school so we can get a our highschool deploma and try to make something of ourselves and make a better way for us and our family i mean it is some ppl that dont need it but we really do if we didnt have stamps it would be no food in our house at all i dont wanna say it but basically we depend on the link every month im sorry if me and my family is a sorrow to you guys that just believe we are taking you tax money.
I don't think most people care to help people who really need it, and it sounds like your family may be in need of some help. But, you are only 15 and you have to realize that a lot of us (who are a lot older) struggle to keep a roof over our families head, and we work 40+ hours per week and then we go to the store and see people who don't work stocking up on things we wish we could afford. The whole idea behind "crazy" checks, welfare and etc are to help people who really need it, and not people who are just to lazy to work. A lot of these people live better than us that work, something wrong with that picutre. I will pray for you and your family, that you all get the help you need. If you mother is unable to work do to a stroke, then your sister needs to get her to the welfare office and/or bails for some assistance. Maybe with the help she can get better and go back to work.
tiki

Hyde Park, MA

#19 Jun 11, 2010
Mad at the system wrote:
AMEN!!!!
IMPEACH OBAMA

United States

#20 Jun 11, 2010
just wondering 5 wrote:
<quoted text>you got that right DoDad,!!!!!For one thing most people that get them are NOT crazy, just do not want to work,,,know what i mean?
It is a welfare loophole.When your welfare stops,all you have to do is act crazy and the free money just keeps on coming.
Shoot Straight

AOL

#21 Jun 14, 2010
The people in social services maintain the status quo. The removal of "common sense" corrections of youth and holding parents responsible perpetuate the dependency cycle. Youth and parents are conditioned to avoid "hard work" by giving sob stories. This current system destroys hope and ambition. The social workers and counslors reinforce the notion that recreation in the goal of life and to get others to pay for it is bliss! Our nation is going to pay for this sorry process!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Kennett Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
daylyn callihan 23 min guesse who 1
Floyd st 33 min Guest 15
clara mitchell 1 hr Come home andy 3
vals cab service 2 hr Guest 24
nothing says spring like the smell of roundup i... 3 hr Guest 4
New Bussiness On St.Francis 6 hr deeznutz 10
Collins AG allows junkies to do drugs on job 8 hr Ag farmer 4

Kennett Jobs

Personal Finance

Kennett Mortgages