How did Kennett, MO get assigned the the "NXX " number 888?

Posted in the Kennett Forum

“Emil StaaarBuck Goes 2 Kennett”

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#1 Jul 19, 2012
Does anyone know how,(the reason), that our hometown, Kennett, was assigned the "NXX" number of 888?

If I am not mistaken, at one time the entire area of Kennett had the the NXX number of 888 and many local Kennett numbers STILL HAVE 888 as their NXX NUMBER,{the the NXX number is the identifier right after the Area Code}.

How did Kennett 'rate' for 888 which is also a 'sign' of Infinity, God. and/or Christ?

I am sure that if it had been the REVERSE and Kennett had been assigned the "666" instead of 888 that there would have been MUCH ALARM and 'many' things would have been said back then (and rightfully so...)!

Wonder how/why Kennett rated the sought after 888 as THEIR the 'NXX number'?

Hmmmmm, something to mull about with that question! What do you think was the 'reasoning' behind WHY Kennett rated?
]
DOC

Clarkton, MO

#2 Jul 19, 2012
You are one seriously consumed person but the answer is Hollywood had taken 555 and Vegas 777 and goofy Christians with their unjustifiable interpretations had taken 666 so 888 was next
DOC

Clarkton, MO

#3 Jul 19, 2012
Try using the word prefix instead of NXX. In your attempt to sound intellectual and deep you have not given forethought to the fact that the average person has no idea what you are speaking of. If you speak Spanish to someone you know doesn't comprehend it instead of English that they do you have defeated your own purpose and look like a fool. Rise above stupidity.

Location hidden

#4 Jul 19, 2012
DOC wrote:
Try using the word prefix instead of NXX. In your attempt to sound intellectual and deep you have not given forethought to the fact that the average person has no idea what you are speaking of. If you speak Spanish to someone you know doesn't comprehend it instead of English that they do you have defeated your own purpose and look like a fool. Rise above stupidity.
********First********of_all_!* *******

1st of all; all that you attempted to say/claim isn't true. I didn't know until today that the word "NXX" was the correct term/word to use for the 3 numbers that follow "area codes"... I found out when I did a Google search on "how many cities have the number 888 and the number 666 in their area/city/town"...

2nd of all; you say in one comment that I am "one seriously consumed person" but then do not even give a 'hint' as to WHAT 'you' think I am consumed with, consumed about...

3rd of all; why are you assuming that Semo residents/Kennett residents do not know what I am speaking about/asking questions about... Why do you assume that Semo folks are ignorant/uneducated? I have discussed the numbers 888 MANY times on Topix so others can read and comprehend what has been said and they are fully able to 'grasp' what they did read... Why do you assume that the people in the Bootheel of Missouri cannot 'think' just as well as folks around the rest of the United States?

4th of all; YOU STATED "goofy Christians with their unjustifiable interpretations had taken 666 so 888 was next"...--->wrong! 666 is in the bible and Christians,(goofy or otherwise), had nothing to do with with our dislikeS/fears/homage of either 666 OR 888!!!

Basically..., I was wondering WHOM was in charge of handing out the "NXX" numbers so that Kennett, MO was one of the towns/cities that got the assigned "888".

Many old phone companies were started by/founded by area residents in their own locale, I am wondering WHO/whom was "in charge" way back then when the "888" was assigned to Kennett. I am wondering if who_ever/(whom_ever did the assigning of the "888"), could have possibly have been a "Rosicrucian"...

Hope that helps 'clear up' your mistaken 'reasoning' about my earlier question, if you have any more problems trying to grasp what I just stated then ask a local SEMO bootheel resident to explain it all to you... Do you capiche?
Boston

Springfield, MO

#5 Jul 19, 2012
Ruth, it doesn't matter. Some things just do not matter and this is one of them. Focus. Set goals and plans to achiev them and do not waste time on such silliness. Do not live the accidental life; seize the life filled with purpose.

Kennett, MO

#6 Jul 20, 2012
Ruth Chambers holt wrote:
Does anyone know how,(the reason), that our hometown, Kennett, was assigned the "NXX" number of 888?

If I am not mistaken, at one time the entire area of Kennett had the the NXX number of 888 and many local Kennett numbers STILL HAVE 888 as their NXX NUMBER,{the the NXX number is the identifier right after the Area Code}.

How did Kennett 'rate' for 888 which is also a 'sign' of Infinity, God. and/or Christ?

I am sure that if it had been the REVERSE and Kennett had been assigned the "666" instead of 888 that there would have been MUCH ALARM and 'many' things would have been said back then (and rightfully so...)!

Wonder how/why Kennett rated the sought after 888 as THEIR the 'NXX number'?

Hmmmmm, something to mull about with that question! What do you think was the 'reasoning' behind WHY Kennett rated?
]
I think you are self-absorbed and paranoid. Not everything that has happened in Kennett is a conspiracy against you! It must be terrifying inside your thought process! Geez! Maybe you should try living in the moment rather than over-analyzing every little thing, it's a much healthier lifestyle.
Old Timer

Dexter, MO

#7 Jul 20, 2012
Actually the 888 came from "TUXEDO 8" when I was a kid. The first two letters corresponded with the numbers you were to dial on old rotary phones. Both the letters "T" and "U" were letters associated with the number 8 on a rotary phone. Advertisers on radio in the area gave their phone numbers to their business as "Tuxedo 8-xxxx".

Mystery solved. No devil worship here.
DOC

Clarkton, MO

#9 Jul 20, 2012
Old Timer wrote:
Actually the 888 came from "TUXEDO 8" when I was a kid. The first two letters corresponded with the numbers you were to dial on old rotary phones. Both the letters "T" and "U" were letters associated with the number 8 on a rotary phone. Advertisers on radio in the area gave their phone numbers to their business as "Tuxedo 8-xxxx".
Thank-you very much sir. Now that you mention it I do remember tuxedo 8. If we can just get old Ruthie to understand that birds if a feather tend to flock together and trying to standout in a crowd tends to make you an outcast with that mindset. Wonder if she ever considered comparing herself to others around her and trying to conform even if not complying. Its a lot simpler life but I think being combative has infiltrated her psychy and she can't surrender to a peaceful resolve even though its what she desires. I hear that is textbook paranoid pschitzo with a delusional twist that tends to lay rise to multiple personality disorder. It almost always ends in psychological breakdown without being properly medicated and maintained which evidently is not the case from the rhetoric being used.

Location hidden

#10 Jul 20, 2012
YOU are ALL "nuttier than fruitcakes" !

1st of all, the numbers "888" represent "God" or "Christ" and has/have NOTHING TO DO WITH "DEVIL WORSHIP"... learn to use "Google" fer pete's sake... geeze!

2nd of all,*I* am a "Rosicrucian" and have been since 1979!

3rd of all, in a story/book,(that was being written by myself and several other hometowners from Kennett, back in 1999), titled "Emil Staaarbuck Goes To Kennett" the 'alternate' AKAs that belongs to 'Emil' is "Emil St***rbuck" and/or "Emil St888buck"! THAT story/book was the START of ALL the STALKING/HARASSMENT/BULLYING/T HREATS/CYBER ABUSE that I have endured for over ten years and 12 different sites, on the internet and Topix happens to be one of those 12 sites...!

Most of you reading this and ALL that have climbed aboard this thread that I started Thursday 'know' the facts already and are simply ADDING TO their GROUP AGENDA that they have had in place for over 10 years!

*note to all; you that have posted, YOU ALL can:

G
P
U
A
R
!

...and THAT 'gpuar' IS 'ESPECIALLY' stated to the Handle/AKA that is using the aka of "Boston", who also just happens to be my brother,(sibling)...!

Location hidden

#11 Jul 20, 2012
Old Timer wrote:
********Fooping********back_in ********!

Fooping back in for a second to tell "Old Timer" thanks for his reply/comment and I should have stated; "with the exception of 'Old Timer', most that have commented here on this thread are part of the 'GROUP',(GOP GOON GROUP)."

My apology to you "Old Timer", I know you are NOT one of the goons... I should have made that clear in my previous comment.

(((((hugs))))) to "Old Timer",~~~Ruth

re-poofing now...

Poof!
DOC

Clarkton, MO

#13 Jul 21, 2012
Ruth Chambers holt wrote:
<quoted text>********Fooping******* *back_in********!
Fooping back in for a second to tell "Old Timer" thanks for his reply/comment and I should have stated; "with the exception of 'Old Timer', most that have commented here on this thread are part of the 'GROUP',(GOP GOON GROUP)."
My apology to you "Old Timer", I know you are NOT one of the goons... I should have made that clear in my previous comment.
(((((hugs))))) to "Old Timer",~~~Ruth
re-poofing now...
Poof!
???Wooowww??? Betting you would be a character study that could last a lifetime. Wooowww???

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Kennett Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prayer for today 26 min Pale Rider 2
Matthew 4:4 42 min Pale Rider 2
Luke 21:29-35 50 min Pale Rider 2
Hosea 4:1-2 57 min Pale Rider 2
“Who are you, God?” 1 hr Pale Rider 2
ICellPhones 2 hr Me- us 7
amber harrell (Jan '14) 2 hr Poor bam 3
•••
•••
•••