First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Pistol Packin Mama

Dexter, MO

#1 Jan 10, 2013
I for one am offended by the fact that the government wants to try to force more gun control on us. It is a conflict of interest, all of the ones that run this country that have guards are guarded with GUNS. They are no better than me or my family are who is to say their lives are worth more than mine or yours?

The answer to the gun issue is simple hold the parents of these kids accountable. If all efforts were not taken by the parents of these shooters and their guns were not secured then they should be charged as well. If people are aware that by not having their guns properly secured and it results in a shooting like those in Taft, New Jersey and all of the others that they will be charged and could face possible jail time you can bet those guns will be LOCKED up!

I know not all shooters are kids but the majority of them are.But the same could go for any adults that go on a rampage and the weapon/weapons they used were obtained easily and that those guns were not locked by the owners again charge them!
Guest

Kennett, MO

#2 Jan 10, 2013
Guns don't kill humans kill the ones killing are not using legal guns they want to take are only way to protect are selfs from theifs and crimanals that is put back on the streets
Just the Facts

Fairfax, VA

#3 Jan 10, 2013
The problem is not gun control. It's mental health issues and the Republicans keep trying to cut funding for the mentally challenged and wanting to throw them in the streets.
When you cut spending on mental healthcare,food stamps ,ect it just creates more problems that are worse.
Guest

Kennett, MO

#4 Jan 10, 2013
Just the Facts wrote:
The problem is not gun control. It's mental health issues and the Republicans keep trying to cut funding for the mentally challenged and wanting to throw them in the streets.
When you cut spending on mental healthcare,food stamps ,ect it just creates more problems that are worse.
So true

“Ignorance is not Patriotism.”

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#7 Jan 10, 2013
Guest wrote:
<quoted text>Do you go out and spend, spend, spend? When you run out of money, do you still spend, spend, spend? If your're a democrat, you probably do. I'm sure you're one who thinks I can buy anything I want, somebody else will pay for it.
Do you honestly believe Obama went on a spending spree? I bet you have been watching Fox News again? Haha.
Actually Obama has had a 1.4 % growth of annualized spending compared to Bush's 8.1%
Amidst all the cries of Barack Obama being the most prolific big government spender the nation has ever suffered, our president has actually been tighter with a buck than any United States president since Dwight D. Eisenhower.
So, how have the Republicans managed to persuade Americans to buy into the whole “Obama as big spender” narrative?
It might have something to do with the first year of the Obama presidency where the federal budget increased a whopping 17.9%—going from $2.98 trillion to $3.52 trillion. I’ll bet you think that this is the result of the Obama sponsored stimulus plan that is so frequently vilified by the Teapublicans but you would be wrong.
The first year of any incoming president term is saddled—for better or for worse—with the budget set by the president whom immediately precedes the new occupant of the White House. Indeed! The 2009 budget was the property of George W. Bush
Bush screwed us and the Teapubs blame Obama for it.
The reason the deficit has increased under Obama is lack of revenue from all the rich folks enjoying the Bush tax breaks and the 2 wars Bush gave Obama the bill for.
Just the Facts

Fairfax, VA

#9 Jan 11, 2013
Buckwheat Rules wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you honestly believe Obama went on a spending spree? I bet you have been watching Fox News again? Haha.
Actually Obama has had a 1.4 % growth of annualized spending compared to Bush's 8.1%
Amidst all the cries of Barack Obama being the most prolific big government spender the nation has ever suffered, our president has actually been tighter with a buck than any United States president since Dwight D. Eisenhower.
So, how have the Republicans managed to persuade Americans to buy into the whole “Obama as big spender” narrative?
It might have something to do with the first year of the Obama presidency where the federal budget increased a whopping 17.9%—going from $2.98 trillion to $3.52 trillion. I’ll bet you think that this is the result of the Obama sponsored stimulus plan that is so frequently vilified by the Teapublicans but you would be wrong.
The first year of any incoming president term is saddled—for better or for worse—with the budget set by the president whom immediately precedes the new occupant of the White House. Indeed! The 2009 budget was the property of George W. Bush
Bush screwed us and the Teapubs blame Obama for it.
The reason the deficit has increased under Obama is lack of revenue from all the rich folks enjoying the Bush tax breaks and the 2 wars Bush gave Obama the bill for.
Your absolutely correct but Republicans have been brain washed into blaming Obama for the lingering failed Bush policies.
I love sport shooting and hope both parties use common sense and get to the root of the problem and not just pass a law that will hush voters.
Put money back into mental health care. Stop trying to cut spending and hope the nations problems just vanish into thin air.
denns

Kennett, MO

#10 Jan 11, 2013
In 1929, the Soviet Union established gun control.

From 1929 to 1953, about 20 million dissidents, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.

In 1911, Turkey established gun control. From 1915 to 1917, 1.5 million Armenians, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.

Germany established gun control in 1938 and from 1939 to 1945, a total of 13 million Jews and others who were unable to defend themselves were rounded up and exterminated.

China established gun control in 1935. From 1948 to 1952, 20 million political dissidents, unable to defend themselves were rounded up and exterminated.

Guatemala established gun control in 1964. From 1964 to 1981, 100,000 Mayan Indians, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.

Uganda established gun control in 1970. From 1971 to 1979, 300,000 Christians, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.

Cambodia established gun control in 1956. From 1975 to 1977, one million educated people, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.

Defenseless people rounded up and exterminated in the 20th Century because of gun control: 56 million.

You won't see this data on the US evening news, or hear politicians disseminating this information.

Guns in the hands of honest citizens save lives and property and, yes, gun-control laws adversely affect only the law-abiding citizens.

Take note my fellow Americans, before it's too late.

The next time someone talks in favor of gun control, please remind them of this history lesson.

With guns, we are 'citizens'. Without them, we are 'subjects'.

During WWII the Japanese decided not to invade America because they knew most Americans were ARMED.

If you value your freedom, please spread this antigun-control message to all of your friends.

SWITZERLAND ISSUES EVERY HOUSEHOLD A GUN.

SWITZERLAND 'S GOVERNMENT TRAINS EVERY ADULT THEY ISSUE A RIFLE.

SWITZERLAND HAS THE LOWEST GUN RELATED CRIME RATE OF ANY CIVILIZED COUNTRY IN THE WORLD. IT'S A NO BRAINER.

DON'T LET OUR GOVERNMENT WASTE MILLIONS OF OUR TAX DOLLARS IN AN EFFORT TO MAKE ALL LAW ABIDING CITIZENS AN EASY TARGET.

Spread the word everywhere you can that you are a firm believer in the 2nd Amendment.

It's time to speak loud before they try to silence and disarm us. You're not imagining it, history shows that governments always manipulate tragedies to attempt to disarm the people~
booboomam

United States

#11 Jan 12, 2013
Buckwheat Rules wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you honestly believe Obama went on a spending spree? I bet you have been watching Fox News again? Haha.
Actually Obama has had a 1.4 % growth of annualized spending compared to Bush's 8.1%
Amidst all the cries of Barack Obama being the most prolific big government spender the nation has ever suffered, our president has actually been tighter with a buck than any United States president since Dwight D. Eisenhower.
So, how have the Republicans managed to persuade Americans to buy into the whole “Obama as big spender” narrative?
It might have something to do with the first year of the Obama presidency where the federal budget increased a whopping 17.9%—going from $2.98 trillion to $3.52 trillion. I’ll bet you think that this is the result of the Obama sponsored stimulus plan that is so frequently vilified by the Teapublicans but you would be wrong.
The first year of any incoming president term is saddled—for better or for worse—with the budget set by the president whom immediately precedes the new occupant of the White House. Indeed! The 2009 budget was the property of George W. Bush
Bush screwed us and the Teapubs blame Obama for it.
The reason the deficit has increased under Obama is lack of revenue from all the rich folks enjoying the Bush tax breaks and the 2 wars Bush gave Obama the bill for.
still blaming Bush!!!!! I mean really. Omg
Barnyard

Campbell, MO

#12 Jan 12, 2013
You can steal my wife, shoot my dog and repo my truck but just tell me when your coming to TRRYYY to take my guns and I will leave door unlocked so you don't have to break it. BUTT, wife likes me pretty well and so does dog. Truck is wired and boobytrapped and as far as guns come on in. I will be the Guy sitting in recliner holding the rifle while wife bitches you out and big azzed dog makes lunch outta you. Plastic bags in truck to haul your spare parts to river. Looking forward to your visit Mister Bush. Try not to bleed on the porch to much. Pisses wife off somethin terrible and dog has a helluva time lickin all of it up after a large caliber wound.
Barnyard

Campbell, MO

#13 Jan 12, 2013
denns wrote:
In 1929, the Soviet Union established gun control.
From 1929 to 1953, about 20 million dissidents, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.
In 1911, Turkey established gun control. From 1915 to 1917, 1.5 million Armenians, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.
Germany established gun control in 1938 and from 1939 to 1945, a total of 13 million Jews and others who were unable to defend themselves were rounded up and exterminated.
China established gun control in 1935. From 1948 to 1952, 20 million political dissidents, unable to defend themselves were rounded up and exterminated.
Guatemala established gun control in 1964. From 1964 to 1981, 100,000 Mayan Indians, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.
Uganda established gun control in 1970. From 1971 to 1979, 300,000 Christians, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.
Cambodia established gun control in 1956. From 1975 to 1977, one million educated people, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.
Defenseless people rounded up and exterminated in the 20th Century because of gun control: 56 million.
You won't see this data on the US evening news, or hear politicians disseminating this information.
Guns in the hands of honest citizens save lives and property and, yes, gun-control laws adversely affect only the law-abiding citizens.
Take note my fellow Americans, before it's too late.
The next time someone talks in favor of gun control, please remind them of this history lesson.
With guns, we are 'citizens'. Without them, we are 'subjects'.
During WWII the Japanese decided not to invade America because they knew most Americans were ARMED.
If you value your freedom, please spread this antigun-control message to all of your friends.
SWITZERLAND ISSUES EVERY HOUSEHOLD A GUN.
SWITZERLAND 'S GOVERNMENT TRAINS EVERY ADULT THEY ISSUE A RIFLE.
SWITZERLAND HAS THE LOWEST GUN RELATED CRIME RATE OF ANY CIVILIZED COUNTRY IN THE WORLD. IT'S A NO BRAINER.
DON'T LET OUR GOVERNMENT WASTE MILLIONS OF OUR TAX DOLLARS IN AN EFFORT TO MAKE ALL LAW ABIDING CITIZENS AN EASY TARGET.
Spread the word everywhere you can that you are a firm believer in the 2nd Amendment.
It's time to speak loud before they try to silence and disarm us. You're not imagining it, history shows that governments always manipulate tragedies to attempt to disarm the people~
Thanx for the actual stats. Just like all civilizations before us the closer we get to being fully controlled by the government above us the closer we are to chaos, civil war, and collapse as a nation. All things point toward our nearing demise this day in time as a nation. The human spirit will not accept being enslaved, abused or extinguished. It is the nature of all things to desire, seek and fight for its freedom.

“Ignorance is not Patriotism.”

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#14 Jan 12, 2013
booboomam wrote:
<quoted text>still blaming Bush!!!!! I mean really. Omg
I mean really!!! Have you not paid attention? Bush spent 8 years sending this country into the ground with 2 wars,a sunken stock market and spending spree with huge tax breaks for his wealthy buddies. Obama is not magic. It takes time to recover but we are at least heading in the right direction now!
Barnyard

Campbell, MO

#17 Jan 12, 2013
Guest wrote:
F3ckwheat..... did your mom take meth. She must have to give birth to a SOB such as yourself. She should have been slapped to give birth to a useless lib. LMFAO
Guest, your ramblings are unmistakable even under several post names. You seem to always have an undeniable knowledge of use of hard drugs and an illicit lifestyle not to mention being obsessed with the two but you misdirected your anger outward instead of inward where the issues you need to deal with actually lie festuring. That denial is a classic sign of not being clean yet as is your projecting the problem on someone else. Your political views also indicate you are delusional and unable to process data for a logical conclusion. A classic Republican logic otherwise known as whitewashing and quite similar to your addiction shortcomings. Keep pulling Republican though cause we can't lose with inbreds like you working for the opposition.

“Ignorance is not Patriotism.”

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#19 Jan 13, 2013
Buckwheat wrote:
Did your mom f you dad in a barnyard. He should have slapped the b!tch.
How cute! My Dexter fan is back. If you want my autograph you have to remove that Fox News Tin Foil hat first! lol
Susie

Kennett, MO

#20 Jan 13, 2013
hello
Ummm

Dexter, MO

#21 Jan 13, 2013
Barnyard wrote:
You can steal my wife, shoot my dog and repo my truck but just tell me when your coming to TRRYYY to take my guns and I will leave door unlocked so you don't have to break it. BUTT, wife likes me pretty well and so does dog. Truck is wired and boobytrapped and as far as guns come on in. I will be the Guy sitting in recliner holding the rifle while wife bitches you out and big azzed dog makes lunch outta you. Plastic bags in truck to haul your spare parts to river. Looking forward to your visit Mister Bush. Try not to bleed on the porch to much. Pisses wife off somethin terrible and dog has a helluva time lickin all of it up after a large caliber wound.
That would be Mr Obama! Bush is for gun totin' in this country!
top

Festus, MO

#22 Jan 13, 2013
hap
robin hood

Cape Girardeau, MO

#23 Jan 15, 2013
what happens when there is another mass shooting after they ban the bad guns?
Southern Atheist

Dexter, MO

#24 Jan 15, 2013
Here's the problem with this whole "debate", we are too childish to come to a compromise.

One side is so polarized that they have a right to own any and every gun they want, they don't see that easy availability makes it easier for people to commit these acts

The other side polarized that they want see the gun as the problem and not the person. More guns is a good thing when their in competent hands.

One side will cry like a baby about their "right" with blood of the innocent on their doorsteps, the other side will point to the innocent and use their deaths as political ammo.

All in all we need more guns in the hands of competent owners and a ban on assault rifles and the like. That's a compromise!
Barnyard

Campbell, MO

#25 Jan 15, 2013
S.A. Your ussually right about a lot of these debates but no cigar this time. If allowed to infringe on the ownership of assault rifles it is a short jump to infringement and manipulation of all guns. If given the power of choosing who can and cannot own its a short jump to power over everyone. About the best and most logical and least infringing way to deal with this due to already overbearing control is to allow the possession and ownership of guns after extensive training and testing the way we do for the ccw permit. After attaining permits have strict regulation (that doesn't infringe on constitutional right or empower the government to choose who can) governing the responsibility of those owning to keep firearms and ammunition secured and seperate. Surely there would still be misuse but after a time most irresponsible gunowners would be weeded out by their own hands due to less offensive infractions. The government is slowly but surely due to bleeding heart politics and amending us away from God and constitution given rights into a corrupt and totally controlled without democracy existence just as Russia, Rome, Egypt, Germany and other countries have done their citizens. As odd as it seems Switzerland has proven the only concept that works and it doesn't take away the rights of its people but does deter crime. Governmental control and amending is what has our country in the dire straits it is in now. Each new amendment makes more criminals, takes more away from the little Guy and moves malcontention further up the food chain. Eventually they will have created so much chaos "taking care of us" that they will have to take full control due to social and economical collapse by their own doing. Its evident they have us in a pickle and everyday we have less and less power to do anything about it while they drive us deeper and deeper. Quit offering up the rights and freedoms of the innocent due to the infractions of a few. Those people will still be criminals with guns. The only new pro lem will be the making of new criminals out of law abiding citizens who only want the freedom to defend themselves from all enemies foreign and domestic. After 911 I would hope people would grasp the concept that when the terrorists show up with machine guns and automatic weapons we would have access to more than just a deer rifle. The government has shown through that incident they are not prepared and can't defend a sudden hidden strike. When will people learn. The government will go into hiding for the most part while we are under attack and when the military starts shooting back after discussing it in depth it will probably be misinformed and only throwing more into the air for us to Dodge. I think I will defend myself. Its a no brainer. After 911 I know due to corrupt politics I am all I have other than family and when they get this far in as they already are I don't wait on uncle Sam's crippled and delapkdated ass to come and arrest me for shooting at a bomb toting terrorist because my gum was illegal. Answer this. If like 911 or Oklahoma city bombing you seen something about to happen in moments would you want your only defense of yourself and those innocent around you to be waiting for a 911 call to be responded to ill equipped and slow to respond? The facts speak for themselves just as our governments record of dealing accordingly with infractions due to internal corruption. Don't ask what the government can do for you but what you can do for yourself. Everything they do for someone is ussually at a high cost to others. Defend yourselves. Don't give yourselves away. Just as in Switzerland criminals are less likely to be criminals out of fear when they know their victims may be armed.
Barnyard

Campbell, MO

#26 Jan 15, 2013
P.S. Left out the part about the more control we allow them to take from us the more they look like terrorist themselves. Read Robin Hood. Its a good analogy.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Kennett Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Best lawncare/landscape in Kennett??? 2 hr guest 2
Brad Metheny 5 hr Banshee 01 12
Who are worst guys to date in Kennett? 5 hr One 19
Weekly Torah Portion (according to Biblical Lun... 8 hr guest 9
More Truth to Deliver Us from the Law 11 hr guest 25
Satan's Goal 11 hr guest 6
NIKI WILFErd 15 hr Guest 2

Kennett Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Kennett Mortgages