any good cheap plumbers around

Posted in the Kennett Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Shaina Poe

Fairmont, WV

#2 Apr 5, 2008
my husband is a plumber. Kevin Poe his number is seven one seven nine eight four seven... let him know what u need done and he will quote you a decent price
how about

United States

#3 Apr 5, 2008
Rodney Lawless is reasonable if you can get him to come out; does good work.

United States

#4 Apr 6, 2008
Burl McNew is a good one as well.
carrie

Kennett, MO

#5 Apr 6, 2008
I agree with "how about", Rodney is the most reasonable - his service call is about half of the others, so is his labor. But he is very hard to get to come. He has told us several times he'd come, and never show up. But he is very busy, because he is so reasonable.
I've seen Johnny Chapin's truck in our neighborhood a lot, so he must be good, but can't recommend because I've never used him.
intheknow

Ballwin, MO

#6 Apr 6, 2008
For a plumber-good and cheap do not go together. A good one is not cheap! Think about it...who wants to work in poopie?!

United States

#7 Apr 6, 2008
If you're using Chapin you better make sure you've got PLENTY of money! Very expensive!!! I too have used McNew and really like his work and feel he's pretty reasonable.
Concerned

United States

#8 Apr 6, 2008
I've used most of the ones that have been mentioned. The only one I would NOT use again is Johnny Chapin.
Mrs R

Taipei, Taiwan

#9 Apr 6, 2008
I to have used all of the ones mentioned here, I would use Poe or McNew they both get $45 a hour, Chapin get $65 and Reeves don't know their ass from a hole in the ground. Poe and McNew have been around the longest.
Old Timer

Fairmont, WV

#11 Apr 6, 2008
Freddie Poe use to work for Johnny Lacks Plumbing way back in the coonages, when Johnny got shot and died Freddie took over and been doing ever since, Burl McNew went to work for Freddie shortly after johnny died, So these two have been doing it the longest around here that I can remember and I've been around since 1944.
Agree and Disagree

Hamilton, AL

#12 Apr 6, 2008
Apples don't fall far from the tree. Meant no disrespect to Mr McNew.
in need

Ballwin, MO

#13 Apr 6, 2008
Concerned wrote:
I've used most of the ones that have been mentioned. The only one I would NOT use again is Johnny Chapin.
Please tell me why you wouldn't use Mr. Chapin again, before I make my decision. Thanks.

Since: Dec 07

United States

#15 Apr 6, 2008
Mrs R wrote:
I to have used all of the ones mentioned here, I would use Poe or McNew they both get $45 a hour, Chapin get $65 and Reeves don't know their ass from a hole in the ground. Poe and McNew have been around the longest.
well apparently the reeves must know their ass from a hole in the ground because they have been in business longer than some of these that you speak of ha ha

Since: Apr 08

Vinemont, AL

#16 Apr 6, 2008
h-mom wrote:
need one
Keep in mind you get what you pay for. Just because their cheap doesn't mean their good.
Barb

United States

#17 Apr 6, 2008
Chapin charges way too much for his services. He's proud of what he does for a living and he proves it everytime he hands someone their bill!
what

Ballwin, MO

#19 Apr 6, 2008
Barb wrote:
Chapin charges way too much for his services. He's proud of what he does for a living and he proves it everytime he hands someone their bill!
Well, what do you think he should charge? How much would you charge for digging the shit out of your septic so you can flush your toilet instead of mopping up shit? I can guarantee you that I will pay his prices because i'm not doing it myself, and he is reliable, works anytime, and guarantees his work.

Fairmont, WV

#20 Apr 6, 2008
I have used Freddie Poe for everything from a garbage disposal to a water line for the fridge to commode problems. He has always been friendly and readily available. He has not overcharged at all either. Plus, he is just a nice man!

Rodney Lawless has done work at my home also. Always friendly and reasonably priced--sometimes, he's difficult to get on the phone or he may show up late inthe evening, but he does good work and he will not talk you into something that you don't need.

Tried to use Chapin one evening in an emergency but all I got was an estimate and a bill for that! Said he couldn't do anything about the hot water heater that late in the evening.(He could have shut it off from leaking water!) That was about 8 years ago. Don't know if anything is different now. Rodney came out and shut it off and said he would be back in the morning to finish the job.

FOr my money,(and my husband is very frugal) I would use Freddie or Rodney. Plus, you will probably get a good story to go along with wither gentleman!

Best wishes because there is nothing worse than plumbing problems!
Old Timer

Fairmont, WV

#21 Apr 6, 2008
Thats just to funny! Johnny don't work on septic tanks and/or lines. He's not going to get that dirty! Give him a call and ask him, he'll let you know real quick he don't work on them.
richie

United States

#22 Apr 6, 2008
use freddie and kevin poe
Yep

United States

#23 Apr 6, 2008
guest wrote:
Burl McNew is a good one as well.
Does all of my work too
Mrs R

Switzerland

#24 Apr 7, 2008
kennett girl wrote:
<quoted text>well apparently the reeves must know their ass from a hole in the ground because they have been in business longer than some of these that you speak of ha ha
You think! Ask Scott Reeves he'll tell you who's been around longer and he won't say they have. Scott is a ok guy and I'm sorry to hear he's having trouble with his health but the rest of the family is a bunch of dumb ass's! They all draw crazy checks thats why when they do work for someone he ask for cash, so it doesn't show up and they won't lose the crazy check

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Kennett Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Preachers Gone Wild 9 min OTKR 34
Godless Quote for the Day 53 min guest 7
Pretty girl 1 hr Ethan 6
brandy nicole hartley 3 hr big man 17
pain center 3 hr wondering 1
Randy wilburn 7 hr Guest 6
chas nixon seibert 8 hr Aryon 1
Kennett Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web