Finding out who posted a topix about you

Posted in the Kennett Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
little one

Kennett, MO

#1 Dec 17, 2008
Can you find out who posted a comment about you? I was told you could get a lawyer and they could.

Kennett, MO

#2 Dec 17, 2008
I dont think so unless you threated there lives.

Saint Louis, MO

#3 Dec 17, 2008
little one wrote:
Can you find out who posted a comment about you? I was told you could get a lawyer and they could.
No you cannot. Topix has a very strict privacy policy. & the other person is right unless your life is threatened & I think it has to be repeatitly threatened before anything can be done. So all those rumors out there saying that so so & so is suing so & so for talking about them on Topix is hogwash.
Free Hats

Fayetteville, NC

#4 Dec 17, 2008
little one wrote:
Why don't you ask whomever posted a comment about you who they are? Or, instead of asking everyone in the forums (who most likely are not going to have the most correct and current information) you could email the webmaster or review the Topix Terms of Service at ( http://www.topix.com/topix/terms ) for the particular issue that you are looking for. I think there is a blur in there that mentions what this forum will NOT be used for.
But please, be responsible with how you deal with whatever issue you may be having. Merry Christmas!
thelittletree200 4

Pittsburgh, PA

#5 Dec 17, 2008
little one wrote:
Get in touch with Topix Personel and ask THEM to do a Advanced INTERNAL SEARCH on the IP Address involved in the harassment to ascertain if the "problem-maker" has a "history" of harassing others on this forum" and/or leading "Witch-Hunts against other users in this forum.

Also put their name (the offender's ID name) through the new SEARCH feature on this forum and you will soon see a "pattern" of WHO causes the most problems and WHO has been the "recipient" of harassment from others... The new SEARCH feature QUICKLY determines if a "witch hunt" has taken place and Topix can act accordingly. May take a while but Topix Personel crew is one of the smartest crews around..., EXPLAIN your problem in detail and let Topix use their extended "internal" SEARCH to get to the REAL answers as to whom does "what" to other users on the forums.

When ever there is a "complaint"?, then Topix looks at both the one being reported AND they also take a VERY close look at the user that is "doing" the reporting! So be prepared to also be LOOKED AT when you make a complaint!

Hope that helps.

thelittletree2004
December 17 2008 at 11:34 p.m. EST from IP Address in North Carolina

Comment # 9944

Kennett, MO

#6 Dec 17, 2008
You all have helped alot and thank you.
bad girl

Kennett, MO

#8 Dec 17, 2008
Just think if they could tell you who the person is they would be on the phone all day ! Look at all the people who has got mad about a comment.This place is all about gossip!
Whos doing who and who ,whos having affair,whos the biggest drug dealer ! So as long as you dont threating anybody theres not much they can do or give your name thats my understanding.
One More Guest

Appleton City, MO

#9 Dec 17, 2008
little one wrote:
The long & short is still the same. The 2nd Admendment, Freedom Of Speech. Fortuanetly & in this sites case, unfortuanetly, every court to the supreme have been challenged unless like previously said they're life threating statements made.These are all opinions of others. It's not right but I'd much rather have this than the alternative.
Now, if you might have a friend at a Internet provider, as most of us do, they can in confidence tell you to whom the ip address belongs to. It in no way identifies the person on the keyboard was but your gut feeling tell you that.
For a nominal fee I can give ya ip's from sbcglobal.net , clgw.net , Paragould's local provider along with prodigy, charter & others who are hosted by the big few.
My advice don't worry. The ones I've checked are no ones who've only gathered knowledge from here & a few "mean ones" who you'd never believe.
Take care and love someone!
Emily

Sunnyvale, CA

#10 Dec 17, 2008
This might be a little off the subject...but do you guys have a project or ghetto area in Kennett? Or bad part of town? I am from Little Rock,Ar. and was browsing through rent there and its cheap. Smaller town...lower prices but 4oo a mth...you would live in the hood here... Gangs and all. I pay 825 a mth for a nice place. Just curious?

Saint Louis, MO

#12 Dec 18, 2008
thelittletree2004 wrote:
<quoted text>
Get in touch with Topix Personel and ask THEM to do a Advanced INTERNAL SEARCH on the IP Address involved in the harassment to ascertain if the "problem-maker" has a "history" of harassing others on this forum" and/or leading "Witch-Hunts against other users in this forum.
Also put their name (the offender's ID name) through the new SEARCH feature on this forum and you will soon see a "pattern" of WHO causes the most problems and WHO has been the "recipient" of harassment from others... The new SEARCH feature QUICKLY determines if a "witch hunt" has taken place and Topix can act accordingly. May take a while but Topix Personel crew is one of the smartest crews around..., EXPLAIN your problem in detail and let Topix use their extended "internal" SEARCH to get to the REAL answers as to whom does "what" to other users on the forums.
When ever there is a "complaint"?, then Topix looks at both the one being reported AND they also take a VERY close look at the user that is "doing" the reporting! So be prepared to also be LOOKED AT when you make a complaint!
Hope that helps.
thelittletree2004
December 17 2008 at 11:34 p.m. EST from IP Address in North Carolina
Comment # 9944
Is that how that got you kicked off here before, Ruth???
ticked

Kennett, MO

#13 Dec 18, 2008
One More Guest wrote:
<quoted text>
The long & short is still the same. The 2nd Admendment, Freedom Of Speech. Fortuanetly & in this sites case, unfortuanetly, every court to the supreme have been challenged unless like previously said they're life threating statements made.These are all opinions of others. It's not right but I'd much rather have this than the alternative.
Now, if you might have a friend at a Internet provider, as most of us do, they can in confidence tell you to whom the ip address belongs to. It in no way identifies the person on the keyboard was but your gut feeling tell you that.
For a nominal fee I can give ya ip's from sbcglobal.net , clgw.net , Paragould's local provider along with prodigy, charter & others who are hosted by the big few.
My advice don't worry. The ones I've checked are no ones who've only gathered knowledge from here & a few "mean ones" who you'd never believe.
Take care and love someone!
I would gladly pay a nominal fee if you could find out a name for me. But the person trashing me isn't registered, so I doubt there would be any way to find them out. Am I right?
hellllo

Saint Louis, MO

#14 Dec 18, 2008
if no one reads the "TERMS of Service" then there is no suit. Did you all read the terms of service?
And the rest is freedom of speech, so the 5th still works
haha

Toney, AL

#15 Dec 18, 2008
The only way you can get any information is with a court order,
Be prepared to pay at the azz for that.
one more guest if u give out that information u could be liable as well by the courts.just FYI u might want to refrain from doing it never no when ur friend will rat u out.

Saint Louis, MO

#16 Dec 19, 2008
ticked wrote:
<quoted text>
I would gladly pay a nominal fee if you could find out a name for me. But the person trashing me isn't registered, so I doubt there would be any way to find them out. Am I right?
I would just let it go...sounds like someone is trying to make some money off you by doing something illegal.
big daddy

Fairmont, WV

#17 Dec 19, 2008
goggle it put your name or what ever name u use. and after that put kennett missouri topix and it will show up with everything.
Once was JustME

United States

#18 Dec 19, 2008
It's just a computer people, get over it! If you are not doing anything wrong, don't worry about it. People who know you will know the crap spread here is just that, crap. Those who do not know you, DON'T MATTER! I have always told my kids this.....if they are talking about you, at least they are leaving someone else alone.:)
Mayor Whittles

Saint Louis, MO

#19 Dec 19, 2008
Once was JustME wrote:
It's just a computer people, get over it! If you are not doing anything wrong, don't worry about it. People who know you will know the crap spread here is just that, crap. Those who do not know you, DON'T MATTER! I have always told my kids this.....if they are talking about you, at least they are leaving someone else alone.:)
ditto
why u ask again

Kennett, MO

#20 Dec 19, 2008
Emily wrote:
This might be a little off the subject...but do you guys have a project or ghetto area in Kennett? Or bad part of town? I am from Little Rock,Ar. and was browsing through rent there and its cheap. Smaller town...lower prices but 4oo a mth...you would live in the hood here... Gangs and all. I pay 825 a mth for a nice place. Just curious?
o yes we do have a thing called the hood and progets its lower living places to live based on ur income! but some places are like 550-100,000 ya thats about right!the city its usley higher to live the jobs pay better and its just a city!
whos to say

Kennett, MO

#21 Dec 19, 2008
Emily wrote:
Why don't you look up the cost of living index on Kennett, and see why an average home to rent here is 400 per month. Smaller town, lower costs.

Oh, and also, Please don't judge the majority of the people who live in Kennett by what you see posted here.
interest

Kennett, MO

#22 Dec 19, 2008
little one wrote:
I am researching the new Missouri law on cyber bullying through third-party sites. Your life doesn't have to be threatened in order for a violation to occur, if a post causes you emotional distress, the person posting can be in legal trouble. The Attorney General's office is getting back to several people on this, so we will keep everyone posted. Maybe a class action lawsuit is order.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Kennett Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Time to end the mosquito billing 58 min guest 454 6
God Promising an Anointed King 1 hr guest 2
William Cunningham Fitness Intructor 4 hr hard rode 2
A Goose in the Chicken Coup 4 hr guest 5
ycf young choppa family (May '13) 5 hr elliot 3
Picture Talk 7 hr guest 3
James Wiley aka Jamie, Snitch, coward, jus a joke 7 hr Grim bastard 24

Kennett Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance