Kennett National Bank ATM's

Posted in the Kennett Forum

Long time customer

United States

#1 Jul 16, 2009
I just want to make an anonymous comment about Kennett National Banks and their ATM's. I have held accounts with KNB for many years, along with several other banks. My hope is that maybe the president and/or CEO or board members of KNB will read this and do something about it. I've had more trouble out of KNB's ATM's than any other bank that I've ever done business with! It seems that everytime I get ready to go out of town for the weekend, their machine is down. Now they're remodeling the small branch and the ATM is again down at that location. You don't know how many times that I've had to go over to Bank of America to use their ATM, and be charged for it on top of that. And I know that KNB will supposedly reimburse you for such instances, but who wants to go through the hassle? Well the new ATM up at Walmart just happened to be down tonight also. On top of that, I had to wait for cars to get out of the way, so I could pull up to it.(whoever decided to put this ATM in this location with people getting gas, cigarettes, etc. is an idiot!)
Why don't they have an extra ATM at the main branch? I'm seriously considering removing my accounts and taking my business elsewhere. Anyone else agree with me on this one?
A top notch hometown bank should always have an available ATM for it's customers to readily use.
I've been mad for years about this and finally decided to vent about it. Especially around holidays, they're always down. KNB your services are the worst in Kennett.
blue

Coudersport, PA

#2 Jul 16, 2009
the bank of america and unico bank atm's have always worked just fine for me for years.

Since: Dec 07

Saint Louis, MO

#3 Jul 16, 2009
Have you tried going to the main branch and speaking with someone? Or maybe setup an appointment with one of the bank officers to express your concerns.
Big Mack

Kennett, MO

#4 Jul 16, 2009
Bank of America took their drive up ATM out this week. They still have the one that you can walk up to by the main door but it was out of order Wednesday.

Cant understand why they would take one out.

Sounds like ATM repair would be a good field of work to get into around here.
Sam

Coudersport, PA

#5 Jul 17, 2009
I'm going to switch to Unico....I feel the same way you do....KNB just doesn't care.....
Long time customer wrote:
I just want to make an anonymous comment about Kennett National Banks and their ATM's. I have held accounts with KNB for many years, along with several other banks. My hope is that maybe the president and/or CEO or board members of KNB will read this and do something about it. I've had more trouble out of KNB's ATM's than any other bank that I've ever done business with! It seems that everytime I get ready to go out of town for the weekend, their machine is down. Now they're remodeling the small branch and the ATM is again down at that location. You don't know how many times that I've had to go over to Bank of America to use their ATM, and be charged for it on top of that. And I know that KNB will supposedly reimburse you for such instances, but who wants to go through the hassle? Well the new ATM up at Walmart just happened to be down tonight also. On top of that, I had to wait for cars to get out of the way, so I could pull up to it.(whoever decided to put this ATM in this location with people getting gas, cigarettes, etc. is an idiot!)
Why don't they have an extra ATM at the main branch? I'm seriously considering removing my accounts and taking my business elsewhere. Anyone else agree with me on this one?
A top notch hometown bank should always have an available ATM for it's customers to readily use.
I've been mad for years about this and finally decided to vent about it. Especially around holidays, they're always down. KNB your services are the worst in Kennett.
Oooo Weeee

Coudersport, PA

#6 Jul 17, 2009
Why are you pissing and moaning on topix about it? Get out of your vehicle, walk in and talk to someone. You stated you hoped someone from KNB would read your post... Well, if you walk in and talk to them, MAYBE they might hear you sooner and address the problem quicker. You might find out that there are other options. Your atm card is good all over the country. Use it like a credit card and you won't be charged a couple of dollars.... Now I bet you feel better already.
Kennett Citizen

Little Rock, AR

#7 Jul 17, 2009
Oooo Weeee wrote:
<quoted text>Why are you pissing and moaning on topix about it? Get out of your vehicle, walk in and talk to someone. You stated you hoped someone from KNB would read your post... Well, if you walk in and talk to them, MAYBE they might hear you sooner and address the problem quicker. You might find out that there are other options. Your atm card is good all over the country. Use it like a credit card and you won't be charged a couple of dollars.... Now I bet you feel better already.
Maybe if enough people complain to them, they will add more atm's that work. Why don't they have one at the main branch? ALso, what if the person needed cash? KNB is not the best bank in town. I think they are cheap!!
Oooooo Weeee

Coudersport, PA

#8 Jul 17, 2009
Kennett Citizen wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe if enough people complain to them, they will add more atm's that work. Why don't they have one at the main branch? ALso, what if the person needed cash? KNB is not the best bank in town. I think they are cheap!!
If you don't like the laundry detergent your using you usually try a different brand. KNB isn't the only bank in town GEEEZ! 1st National has been good for me!
Girly

Coudersport, PA

#9 Jul 17, 2009
I have banked at KNB for many years. I have never had a problem with the ATM and I use it alot. In my opinion they are the best bank in Kennett. They are friendly and care about what they can do for you. Keep on doing what your doing.
Wow

Kennett, MO

#10 Jul 18, 2009
I agree that wasn't a very smart move puting the ATM at WalMart. I have to wait all the time to get access to it because someone is always parked in the way and then there is the issue of it always being out of receipt paper. I have been told that a family member of the first family is the brains behind that decision.
Who Cares

Sikeston, MO

#11 Jul 19, 2009
You could have already switched banks by now with all the time you are taking to complain about it on here. If you don't like them quit crying about it and change banks.
satisfied

United States

#12 Jul 19, 2009
My account is at KNB, and haven't had any problems so far. I just never understood why the branch is almost right across the street.
Local Doctor

Saint Louis, MO

#13 Jul 22, 2009
Wow wrote:
I agree that wasn't a very smart move puting the ATM at WalMart. I have to wait all the time to get access to it because someone is always parked in the way and then there is the issue of it always being out of receipt paper. I have been told that a family member of the first family is the brains behind that decision.
I agree that the KNB ATM location at walmart was a very poor choice! I can never pull up to it. Cars are always in the way.
rainydaylady

Coudersport, PA

#14 Jul 22, 2009
When I asked why they took out the Bank of America ATM I was told it was removed because the new machines are too big to fit into the old space without eating into the drive up window area. I asked if they would put a drive threw type ATM anywhere else in Kennett and was told the decision was not made locally and it would be decided by the higher ups at BoA and it wasn't likely they would put a new ATM up anywhere but just have the walk-up type by the bank entrance.

I want a drive up ATM option cause I don't like getting out of my car to use the ATM in bad weather or at night. It isn't safe.
Dr Bill

United States

#15 Jul 22, 2009
I understand what you are saying, I don't bank there anymore. Back when I was 20 years old to about 27 I used to borrow money from them. Every time I would go to knb and ask for a loan of $1000 they would say well we can give you $700. And if I needed to borrow $2000 they would say well we can loan you $1500. That really got on my nerves. What ever I asked for they would always say we can loan you less.
Now that I'm older and own my own buisness I don't bank there and never will. I think they should really think about some of there decisions they make because it only hurts them in the long run. If all the banks in town went out of buisness and the only bank left was KNB, I would bank out of town.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Kennett Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Hebrews 11:24, 26-29 2 hr Old Time Kennett ... 1
I want to be saved from sin 2 hr Old Time Kennett ... 1
The "evolutionary tree" is missing several of i... 2 hr Old Time Kennett ... 1
Prayer for today 2 hr Old Time Kennett ... 1
John 4:24 2 hr Old Time Kennett ... 1
|keep a word, drop a word game| (Jul '11) 3 hr Trouser Cough 1,323
Play the Word Game (Jul '08) 3 hr Trouser Cough 4,718
Accident on EE 12 hr Family 10
Kennett Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Kennett People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Kennett News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Kennett

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 5:05 pm PST

Bleacher Report 5:05PM
Did the Chargers Choke Away Playoff Berth in Week 17?
Bleacher Report 5:15 PM
St. Louis Rams vs. Seattle Seahawks: Full Report Card Grades for St. Louis
Yahoo! Sports 6:27 PM
Seahawks take NFC top seed, Packers and Panthers win
Bleacher Report 7:28 PM
Seahawks Clinch NFC's No. 1 Seed
NBC Sports12:59 AM
Chiefs, Chargers both miss out on postseason - NBC Sports