Looking for people who died in '80

Posted in the Kennett Forum

First Prev
of 8
Next Last
TM from JC

Columbia, MO

#1 Aug 15, 2009
Working toward a real hoot of a 30 year reunion for the class of '80 and need anyone and everyone to chime in w/ a list of folks who have passed away from the KHS class of '80(please limit this to only those who actually graduated with us in '80 or passed through our class, like either moved away before graduation or flunked and were held back and should have been w/ us). We'll be taking the senior '80 yearbook and having a police sketch artist take his free time to redraw both their original pic and aged drawing and put them side by side on a quilt which will be donated to the school. As each member dies we will add one more piece to the puzzle. My cousin had one of these done in a CA school and it was a huge hit. The TV station came out and did a report so we hope the Cape or Jonesboro station picks up on our work as well. Thanks in advance for any and all help.
TM in JC

Bonnots Mill, MO

#2 Aug 16, 2009
Okay, let's try to get some more action on this. Needing names of those who graduated in '80 and have already bit the big one.
jdg80

Palestine, TX

#3 Aug 16, 2009
Kathy Brooks, Willie Cantrell, Boone Walls, Danny Rebstock, Ronnie Rouse, Kevin Wade- that's all I can come up with right now.
chico

Saint Louis, MO

#4 Aug 16, 2009
Tammy Carr Foster
karen

Harrison, AR

#5 Aug 17, 2009
who's Tammy Carr Foster?
TM in JC

Columbia, MO

#6 Aug 18, 2009
karen wrote:
who's Tammy Carr Foster?
Her name was Tammy Carr when we were in school. She got married and added Foster. Hope that helps. Work has begun on acquiring pictures and using time lapsed sketch artists to form what these folks would look like today if they were still able to attend the reunion. To me this is an awesome idea and we want to make sure everyone who's kicked the bucket from the Class of '80 is remembered in a dignified way. If you know anyone who has bit the big one, post it here because time will be an issue. Does anyone know if Ray Myrick died yet? I think so but we don't want to put him on the dead quilt and have him show up at the reunion.

TM
RRR

Kennett, MO

#7 Aug 18, 2009
Tim,

Something about dignified and "kicked the bucket" don't belong in the same sentence. How about you just shoot Ray and then you can be sure he's dead before you make the quilt.
bdavis

Kennett, MO

#8 Aug 18, 2009
perry faught
TM in JC

Fulton, MO

#9 Aug 18, 2009
RRR wrote:
Tim,
Something about dignified and "kicked the bucket" don't belong in the same sentence. How about you just shoot Ray and then you can be sure he's dead before you make the quilt.
Well that was very uncalled for. Would you want a picture of you on a quilt celebrating those who had died from your class, then you walk in to the reunion? We're trying to do something nice for the families of those who've already bought the farm and you poke fun. What an a-hole. This still hasn't answered my question about Ray, and actually we were pretty good friends in school, so there. I'd seriously like to know if he is still with us, as I heard he wasn't well a few years ago. So take that and smoke it Mr Smarty Pants. If you can't add anything helpful to the conversation, stay the hell out.
TM in JC

Fulton, MO

#10 Aug 18, 2009
bdavis wrote:
perry faught
Thanks bdavis. I really appreciate the help. I had forgotten about Perry, so we'll get a pic of him and start his aging process.

THANKS!!!!
T.M.
RRR

Kennett, MO

#11 Aug 19, 2009
tm wrote:

"We're trying to do something nice for the families of those who've already bought the farm and you poke fun"

It's the kick the bucket and bought the farm comments that make your otherwise sincere posting hilarious. Shooting Ray would be too much-how about you just smother him with your quilt.
TM in JC

Bonnots Mill, MO

#12 Aug 19, 2009
RRR wrote:
tm wrote:
"We're trying to do something nice for the families of those who've already bought the farm and you poke fun"
It's the kick the bucket and bought the farm comments that make your otherwise sincere posting hilarious. Shooting Ray would be too much-how about you just smother him with your quilt.
Exactly the reply I expected. Maybe one day you'll grow up and see the big picture. But then again, look at your posts. These are probably lofty goals.
RRR

Kennett, MO

#13 Aug 19, 2009
I can tell you one thing, I sure as heck don't want my picture on the quilt anytime soon. How's that for a goal.

Tim, haven't you figured out by now that I just pulling your chain?
TM in JC

Bonnots Mill, MO

#14 Aug 19, 2009
RRR wrote:
I can tell you one thing, I sure as heck don't want my picture on the quilt anytime soon. How's that for a goal.
Tim, haven't you figured out by now that I just pulling your chain?
Well, I guess I know now. With all the hate here on Topix you have to dish it back sometimes. I was trying to figure different ways to say died or passed away so it wouldn't seem so, uh, final. Honestly I think this is one of the coolest things a class has ever done. Using yearbook pics and electronically aging them and showing them side by side on a quilt style display should get a lot of attention. Yep, hopefully I get to see the finished quilt and avoid being on it. You definitely make a good point on that one.
Chief

Saint Louis, MO

#15 Aug 19, 2009
How about that guy who used to dress in the Indian outfit and ride his horse onto the football field, has he been scalped yet?
TM in JC

Union, MO

#16 Aug 23, 2009
Chief wrote:
How about that guy who used to dress in the Indian outfit and ride his horse onto the football field, has he been scalped yet?
Yep, they quit that a long time ago. Said it was disrespectful to Indian culture. When will we get past all this politically correct stuff? I think saluting a group, like Indians, is a positive. Oh well.
Anyway, can we get more death reports from our class of 80? I'm 100% certain we've lost more than have been reported. Later I will list the graduating class of 80 and hopefully someone can reply to each name saying dead or alive. Maybe this will help get this correct.

Palestine, TX

#18 Aug 24, 2009
I don't mean to make light of this topic, but I haven't laughed so hard in a long time.

Look at the subject line of this topic.

"Looking for people who died in '80"

If I was looking for somebody who died in '80, the first place I would start would be the cemetary.

I'm not sayin', I'm just sayin'.
TM in JC

Columbia, MO

#19 Aug 24, 2009
Guest wrote:
I don't mean to make light of this topic, but I haven't laughed so hard in a long time.
Look at the subject line of this topic.
"Looking for people who died in '80"
If I was looking for somebody who died in '80, the first place I would start would be the cemetary.
I'm not sayin', I'm just sayin'.
Yeah, like I'm going to know every cemetary that someone who died from our class is buried in. That sounds like a plan. Why don't you take my above list and see how many you can find and report back?
And I must admit I'm a little disappointed at the response to this serious subject. We have a year to get this planned and finished for the August '10 reunion.
jdg80

Kennett, MO

#20 Aug 25, 2009
Pretty sure you left your class president off the list, and who said we're having an August reunion. Doesn't matter to me, but it's hard to get people together for a reunion unless there's a Monday holiday to give everyone an extra travel day.
TLT2004 Ruth

Lexington, NC

#22 Aug 25, 2009
Did a Yahoo Search for KHS Obits and came up with this:

http://www.usgennet.org/usa/mo/county/dunklin...

Other pages come up under different searches... You may want to do a Google Search (as well as Yahoo searches).

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 8
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Kennett Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Factory Jobs 8 hr guest 9
Sad 11 hr Busted 6
Rosemarie 17 hr Daddy o 4
Does Parker pay good ? Sat guest1 16
Gary lance jr Sat Im the ex wife 7
vals cab service Sat Schrona 21
TK selling out of Holcomb Sat Nasty people 3

Kennett Jobs

Personal Finance

Kennett Mortgages