kennett hospital
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Spring Hill, KS

#1 Jun 16, 2008
ok, Can anyone tell me if they have had bad experience with the Er. why are they are so un professional...dont have a clue whats going on from shift to shift..
Geez

Saint Louis, MO

#2 Jun 16, 2008
Everyones had a bad experience there... that place is just a first aid station.
Country Girl

Burlington, NC

#3 Jun 16, 2008
Ok...there is another topic on here, regarding our "firsta aid station"...So, I will just tell you what I told them...

I am a nurse. An RN who does travel nursing for a living. I was proud to call TRRMC my home for several years. I stopped working there so I could travel out of SEMO, not because of the facility.

That said, I always was offended when people reffered to our hospital as a bad hospital, or a bandaid station. The fact of the matter is, we are NOT a bad hospital. We are a small community hospital, open 24/7/365 to serve the community in the best capacity we can.

Being out of the community for about 9 months, I have worked in St. Louis, north of Kansas City, and am now in Winston-Salem, NC. The current facility I am in has a 100-bed EMERGENCY ROOM. It is massive, more than anyone at home could imagine. That said, we have all the specialties you can dream of, any tool we need, we have at our fingertips. This kind of service would be phenomenal in Kennett, HOWEVER, that is completely unrealistic.(That is like expecting the Mall of America to come put in a replica behind Masterson...not going to happen)

I mean, we treat every single patient that walks through the front doors to the best of our ability. If we notice we can't adequately treat them, I feel we do a darn good job of transferring them to a facility that can.

I for one can remember treating an overdose that, if our facility wouldn't have been there, and they traveled an hour to another facility, would have died in minutes. And, that heart attack our staff worked so quickly on to get bloodflow back to their heart...had they passed us to go somewhere else, they more than likely would be dead now. They personally came back to thank us....That is just 2 instances I am mentioning...Everyone hates the hospital in their community...trust me, I see it everywhere.

I have to add this...in every single city I have worked in, I will say, the clientele has been more appreciative as a whole than the clientele in Kennett...and that includes North County St. Louis, where your wait(in the waiting room, not IN the ER) can be upwards of 8 hours...just a thought to ponder...

Try not to dwell on every single bad thing that happens in any hospital...I for one look forward to coming back to my hometown hospital once I am done seeing the country. I hope to see you there too, maybe in Wal-Mart or something, though!

Love, Peace, and Health to you all!
tkizer

Jackson, MO

#4 Jun 16, 2008
Country Girl wrote:
Ok...there is another topic on here, regarding our "firsta aid station"...So, I will just tell you what I told them...
I am a nurse. An RN who does travel nursing for a living. I was proud to call TRRMC my home for several years. I stopped working there so I could travel out of SEMO, not because of the facility.
That said, I always was offended when people reffered to our hospital as a bad hospital, or a bandaid station. The fact of the matter is, we are NOT a bad hospital. We are a small community hospital, open 24/7/365 to serve the community in the best capacity we can.
Being out of the community for about 9 months, I have worked in St. Louis, north of Kansas City, and am now in Winston-Salem, NC. The current facility I am in has a 100-bed EMERGENCY ROOM. It is massive, more than anyone at home could imagine. That said, we have all the specialties you can dream of, any tool we need, we have at our fingertips. This kind of service would be phenomenal in Kennett, HOWEVER, that is completely unrealistic.(That is like expecting the Mall of America to come put in a replica behind Masterson...not going to happen)
I mean, we treat every single patient that walks through the front doors to the best of our ability. If we notice we can't adequately treat them, I feel we do a darn good job of transferring them to a facility that can.
I for one can remember treating an overdose that, if our facility wouldn't have been there, and they traveled an hour to another facility, would have died in minutes. And, that heart attack our staff worked so quickly on to get bloodflow back to their heart...had they passed us to go somewhere else, they more than likely would be dead now. They personally came back to thank us....That is just 2 instances I am mentioning...Everyone hates the hospital in their community...trust me, I see it everywhere.
I have to add this...in every single city I have worked in, I will say, the clientele has been more appreciative as a whole than the clientele in Kennett...and that includes North County St. Louis, where your wait(in the waiting room, not IN the ER) can be upwards of 8 hours...just a thought to ponder...
Try not to dwell on every single bad thing that happens in any hospital...I for one look forward to coming back to my hometown hospital once I am done seeing the country. I hope to see you there too, maybe in Wal-Mart or something, though!
Love, Peace, and Health to you all!
Let me tell you something MISSY ! The nursing staff at this hospital is total nightmare straight from HELLL ! The nurses let my husband rip his tubes out time and time again !!! And took their sweet ass time to put him back in bed !!! Oh by the way, he had a 8 inch wound in his belly!!! He was very confused ! I almost forgot,HE WAS IN I C U !!!! So dont tell me those "so called nurses" are good!Thats is a joke to me!!!!
omg

United States

#5 Jun 17, 2008
tkizer wrote:
<quoted text>Let me tell you something MISSY ! The nursing staff at this hospital is total nightmare straight from HELLL ! The nurses let my husband rip his tubes out time and time again !!! And took their sweet ass time to put him back in bed !!! Oh by the way, he had a 8 inch wound in his belly!!! He was very confused ! I almost forgot,HE WAS IN I C U !!!! So dont tell me those "so called nurses" are good!Thats is a joke to me!!!!
So you must have been the one out there in ICU acting a fool and showing your ass all the time! Laying out in the floor like a total nutcase!
hospital worker

Tampa, FL

#6 Jun 19, 2008
I think it is sad that some people don't appreciate anything. Instead of putting the hospital down all the time why not try looking at the good that comes from the hospital. There is good and bad that comes from every hospital. But no one see the "GOOD", only the bad experiences they have had. I personally know that the people at Kennett work really hard. There are some people that could learn a few lessons but for the most of "US" , we work really hard to try to make each patients /visitors day go smooth and try our best to get them well as quickly as possible. So next time if you weren't happy with our service try another hospital or just try to look at the people around you that are nice to you and appreciate the good that we do!
lala

Simpsonville, SC

#7 Jun 19, 2008
The ICU nurses @ Twin Rivers were EXCELLENT in their care of my father last month. I am an ICU nurse in South Carolina and have experienced confused people who "pull their tubes out". Although restraints are the best option to prevent this, we as nurses have recently been informed to avoid this @ all costs. Restraints are considered a revocation of the patients' rights which basically means it brings on lawsuits! So what do we do? Now OUR hands are tied!
As far as leaving a pt out of bed for too long, a post-op pt (which I am assuming tkizer's husband was due to the "belly wound") benefits from prolonged time out of bed. It promotes overall strengthening and helps prevent pnuemonia and pressure sores
My 2 cents

United States

#8 Jun 19, 2008
I worked there as well and I can tell you for a fact there was alot of cover up going on. They could care less about their patients because if they did they would answer the call lights going off. I understand that nurses are over worked and under paid but all the patients want is good care and if they can't rely on nurses to help them while in the hospital they are pretty much screwed. And by the way, I know longer work there, they killed my grandmother because 1 nurse didn't do what she was suppose to do and then about 7 years later almost gave my mother a double dose of medicine because the E.R. forgot to document it.
bob

United States

#9 Jul 14, 2008
its that why any where you go kennett is alot better i think maybe if they did drug test on all workers that would help

Saint Louis, MO

#10 Jul 14, 2008
go to hayti
hey

Fairmont, WV

#11 Jul 14, 2008
guest wrote:
go to hayti
If you think kennett is bad go to hayti it is 1 million time worse. kennett hospital is a dream compared to hayti!!!

If you want a good hospital go to cape they have the BEST!!! When i have an emergency that is not totally life threatening i got thr.
MJW

United States

#12 Jul 14, 2008
I agree the hospital here has had its problems and plenty of them. But the few times my dad was taken to the ER, there were absolutely no problems. Very professional. My only complaint is when someone comes to the ER other than ambulance and is very ill and is put in the waiting room and made to stay there for more than 30 minutes, that is a crying shame. I feel if those girls that sit at the windows cannot look out there and see when someone is so so very ill and cannot do anything to get them back in the ER, something is definitely wrong with the picture. If we would have only knew he was going to be treated that way, we would have called the ambulance. But we were in a hurry to get him out there. Little did we know dad would be gone in 6 months. So I guess you could say that night was the beginning of the end. After that when he had to go to the ER we called the ambulance and he then got to lay down. His last week with us was spent in the ICU and I could not ask for better care and compassion from the nurses. And it wasnt just for my dad but all the patients in there. And his last hours, we could not have asked for more love and compassion from them. And I salute Dr Turner for her heartfelt care for my dad and me and my family and to sit there and watch tears come down her cheeks in the last hours was the most touching thing to experience. I say if anyone has a problem with anything to do with the hospital, call the Administator. And you get nowhere with him, report it to the Missouri Medical Board. But don't label all the nurses and cna's bad because one or two did wrong.

“Am I crazy!!!”

Since: May 08

Caruthersville, Missouri

#13 Jul 14, 2008
tkizer wrote:
<quoted text>Let me tell you something MISSY ! The nursing staff at this hospital is total nightmare straight from HELLL ! The nurses let my husband rip his tubes out time and time again !!! And took their sweet ass time to put him back in bed !!! Oh by the way, he had a 8 inch wound in his belly!!! He was very confused ! I almost forgot,HE WAS IN I C U !!!! So dont tell me those "so called nurses" are good!Thats is a joke to me!!!!
You can't say ALL nurses are like that. Its just like any job, you have your good workers, in this case nurses and your bad ones. Just because there are a few bad seeds that don't mean the whole staff is that way. My dad has been to the kennett hospital many times and each time they was great. I would love to see the average person go do what nurses do, not an easy task. To ALL nurses around, thank you!!!!

Fairmont, WV

#14 Jul 15, 2008
well.. the "Doctor" told my dad he had gas when he was having a heart attack. thankfully, an RN (who was watching his heart monitor) convinced them to send him to Cape. He had to have a stent put in his heart. The doctors at Cape said if he would have been sent home he would have died. To be honest the only problem i have with that hospital is the "Doctors" The only thing the doctors have done for me is run in the room, say "well, there's nothing wrong with you," and leave. Makes you want to say," yeah.. i'm just hurting, or whatever, for absolutely no reason." Or my favorite.. when they diagnose you with what "YOU" told them was wrong.. for example, you go in with your stomach hurting.. and they tell you, "you have abdominal pain." Isn't that well worth that $2,000 they charge?
nurses daughter

Jonesboro, AR

#15 Jul 15, 2008
Not every nurse is bad that works there is bad, it just depends on who you get and when you go. Everybody says my mother is a wonderful nurse and would do anything for you. And as for the hospital, it has got a really bad reputation because they get a lot of doctors in there that don't know what they are doing. Example, I was having pain in my abdominal pain and I went up there a couple of times and both times they sent me home with "gastritis" and gave me one of those GI cocktails and sent me home. I later found out that I was having a gall bladder attack.
pth

Tampa, FL

#16 Jul 15, 2008
why don't you close your mouth and go to medical school , smart ass

Fairmont, WV

#17 Jul 15, 2008
i don't have to.. obviously i'm just as smart as they are since i already knew what was wrong with me. I guess i should've saved the trip and diagnosed myself. And thank you.. I know i'm smart. I graduated @ the top of my class with straight A's while SLEEPING through Calculus, Physics, and Eng IV.
Mel

United States

#18 Jul 15, 2008
You know, what people don't realize is that medicine is a very diverse, complicated field. A lot of the diagnosis process relies on the patient themselves. The onset, type, and severity of symptoms described by the patient and family play a major role in the investigation, diagnosis, and treatment of a patient. As a patient, stand up for yourselves and give the best description of what you're going through that you can as well as a detailed history, list of medications, duration of symptoms, etc. Hit and miss applies to the process in a lot of cases as there is a wide variety of diagnoses that could apply to the symptoms. You can't go in and say, "My stomach hurts," and expect a cut and dried cure for whatever ails you. There are good and bad nurses, doctors, and, YES, patients in every hospital. I think the human factor gets lost in the scheme of treatment. People make mistakes, people get stressed, including healthcare staff as well as patients and their families. When you are admitted or have a loved one admitted, it is the time to pull together and work WITH the staff instead of sitting back and expecting them to fix it all and bitch when they can't. Just my 2 cents, as a nurse of 18 years, a patient from time to time, and a family member of patients from time to time, I've seen a lot on both sides of the fence!
heard of HIPPA

United States

#19 Jul 15, 2008
As a nurse, I am fully aware of the signs of respiratory distress. Therefore, when I was awaken in the middle of the night to the sound of stridor and find my child in the tripod position, I immediately rushed her to the ER. When we finally got to the ER room, I had to insist that the nurse take her oxygen sat. when it said 90 I insisted she was getting worse and that she needed a doctor right away! When the doctor finally came, He did not listen to her, touch her, or even look at her. He walked right up and open a tongue depressor.... at that point I politely said and I quote "Before you do that, I think you she has have epiglottitis, using that tongue depressor would be dangerous" What happen next, with shock me everytime I think about it! This totally ignorant, imcompetant, fool literally throws the tongue depressor in the air and says "diagnose her yourself!" Everyone saw him do this, Everyone saw him refuse to help my child, and no one did anything!!!

As my child's advocate it is my responsibility to protect my daughter from harm. At that moment that is what I was doing. And if making a comment whould send a "doctor" into a violent tamtrum
like that, then I believe he needs a psychiatric evaluation!

And if that wasn't bad enough, as a grabbed my very sick child and went out the door, I was given the papers on ANOTHER PATIENT! Can we say HIPPA violation!!!!

I filled a formal complaint with the hospital and contacted HIPPA about the incendent!!!

I took my child in the middle of the night to Piggott hospital where we were greeted as if we were old friends and not just another "hospital fee". Thank God, my daughter was treated like any human being deserves to be treated. She is happy and healthy.. no thanks to doctor Jamoas or however you spell it or any of the staff that night.

I can only hope in the future that they will install camera's in the ER rooms. If they did they hospital and that doctor would be shut down!

Bottom line, I don't care who disagree's with me, If you think under any circumstances it is ok to refuse to treat a child in obvious respiratory distress, you are just as bad as he is!!!
mspacman

Enterprise, AL

#20 Jul 16, 2008
well, I've been in Piggott hospital several times and on two different occasions I almost died from the staff's inability to do their job. They gave me medicine that required a close watch, and they failed to come back & check on me. If it hadn't been for a friend of mine stopping by to see me & alerting the staff of my condition, I would have died. They rushed me to Jonesboro. So I think Piggott hospital sucks for anything major wrong with a person. One person was put in one of their new ER rooms & left for 2 hours and was almost dead when they came back to check on her. She was laying in the floor not breathing.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Kennett Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Bill Heinen 38 min Hmm 16
Does Parker pay good ? 4 hr Curious 1
Sugar Plum 7 hr big dadda 5
Grietens indicted on felony charges 13 hr Guest2 6
2 blocks over Fri 2 blocks over 3
Dunklin County jail Fri Billy Davis 40
Seeking information on the Gina McFadden Murder! (Dec '07) Thu Odd 157

Kennett Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance