tanning beds w red bulbs

Posted in the Kennett Forum

Trumann, AR

#1 Feb 4, 2013
i don't know the proper name for them but I heard they were good for wrinkles and supposed to make freckles disappear and also help aches and pains. Has anyone tried one of these tanning beds and do they work?
Ruby

United States

#2 Feb 4, 2013
There are no tanning beds good for wrinkles. There is a form of phototherapy that is good for what u mentioned however it doesn't tan the skin and I'm not aware of it being in a "bed". It's a handheld device used by doctors.

Trumann, AR

#3 Feb 4, 2013
I'm going to try to find out more abt these beds, I was thinking the same thing about no tanning beds help wrinkles. years of tanning has wrecked my skin and I'm covered in freckles and now have basal cell carcinoma. I hear the beds arent widely used because they're so expensive. I am also wondering about the spray tans and if you look splotchy when it starts wearing off?
silent_semo

Kennett, MO

#4 Feb 4, 2013
The only way to get rid of a BCC is to excise it. And the light you're talking about isn't a tanning bed, it's a blue light therapy combined with a medication called levulan. I'm a nurse who used to specialize in dermatology.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Kennett Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
needing free newborn baby clothes (May '11) 4 hr sjb 105
Fire at Ricky Hickmans 5 hr big stud 8
worst dairy queen ever! 5 hr big stud 19
Kennett cops 10 hr KARMA 18
Dakota walmart 10 hr Blueeyes 1
looking for a good plumber 14 hr big stud 3
Watson Edition 14 hr mr wilson 14
Kennett Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web