“Welcome everyone”

Since: Jul 08

Location hidden

#500 Jul 17, 2008
cauz all these people letting them lose in the yard know they can get out...and the attack people
Tiny T

Marquand, MO

#501 Jul 17, 2008
JesusFreak wrote:
Growing up...there was the meanest dog ever that lived down the road! It tormented us sister's for 15 years! Don't know how many times it bit us. Not to mention the times it ran us into ditches and briar patches. Sometimes we would have to walk a mile back home because "Buffy" chased us that far! He wouldn't give up for nothing! I dreamed at night on how to kill that dog! lol Guess what..Ol' Buffy was a cocker spaniel! hehehehe
you know what i just recently purchased a cocker spaniel and hes still just a baby but i guess hes about 9 weeks and he is getting mean as hell he sleeps with me at night but early in the morning instead of a puppy licking you in the face he likes to bite at my nose and i dont hit him i spat him tell him No and he has a corner he knows to go to when hes in trouble but while im working he stays with my brother and plays with a puppy pit/boxer all day till i get off and go get him i mean yes he can be really sweet and playful but sometimes he gets to rough and hes only 9 weeks that scares me that he might really turn out to be mean when he gets older......but he is just the cutest little puppy i love him to death even though he gets a little mean every now and then but hes learning to not bite......any suggestions anybody to help me teach him????
hippie

Saint Louis, MO

#502 Jul 17, 2008
pit lover 4 ever wrote:
I was once like everyone of you egotistical, self serving idiots. I believed that pits were bad. I know now that it is you and the unrentless media giving this beautiful breed a bad name. I hope for your sake that they dont start trying to ban your miniture yorkie, oh for gods sake it can bite my ankles and guess what...I dont like it so I can start a petition to ban Fee Fee. Your idiots and you are the reason that my beautiful daughter, yes daughter is muzzeled and untrusted. I cant wait to hear the Pomeranian lovers fight for there dogs. Oh thats right because they are smaller they cant hurt you as bad, bull crap it happens everyday and everyone knows it! You all just settle on one breed and push it to the ground and stomp on it. I hope one day someone does that to you. And yes it is unconstitutional to take away my right as a person to own such a wonderful, loyal and caring creature. Freedom of speech is how I am able to write this, Freedom of the press is how you will read it, and Freedom to peacibly assemble is how I will continue to fight your bigotry toward my animals. Read the constitution! Also if any of your backed up constituants really cared to read the damn thing they would find out how UNCONSTITUTIONAL it really is to ban my best friends! But they are drawn into the hype like everyone else. Well to all of you who thinks that MY BABIES are bad ask my daughters who love their pitty's and to everyone else who supports me then thank you for making this fight worth while with responisble owners. REMEMBER PUNISH THE DEED, NOT THE BREED! DUMBASSES!
Im sure your pit is a wonderful dog, my sister has one that is also just a big loveable baby,But on the whole the pit is a breed that is known for its aggressive attitude. I have a scottie that is as mean as hell, I love her to death and have never tried to make her mean, Its just the nature of the breed, im sure there are a lot of sweet scotties out there also. I love my dog and would be heartbroke if they told me she had to go. But i dont believe its always the way you raise a dog that makes it mean or not. Just like you cant always blame the parents for the way the kids turn out. I dont think that any breed should be banned,but i believe that we should all see that are pets are kept where they are not a threat to any other human or animal.
hMM

Saint Louis, MO

#503 Jul 17, 2008
SOMEONE wrote:
Where in this post does it say it was done by a pitbull? this could be done by any dog..a pitbull normally goes for the throat though..hmm..
SOMEONE

Peninsula, OH

#505 Jul 22, 2008
hMM wrote:
<quoted text>
Where in this post does it say it was done by a pitbull? this could be done by any dog..a pitbull normally goes for the throat though..hmm..
http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/local/baltim...
http://www.achannel.ca/london/news_51378.aspx
http://www1.whdh.com/news/articles/local/BO51...
Ever heard of google? Try it
Animal lover

Leigh, UK

#506 Jul 23, 2008
Walker Tx Ranger wrote:
<quoted text>You said it!!!!!
you lot are so wrong and arrogant. pit bulls only attack because of how they are raised any dog can turn bad. you just want to pick on pit bulls because they are tough. if you treat them right they will be a loving pet.
Animal lover

Leigh, UK

#507 Jul 23, 2008
Tom wrote:
It is in their blood to be mean. Pitbulls turn on you without notice. They are not right in the head. Other dogs, German Shepards , ect are trained to protect. Pitbulls were bred to fight and kill. Its in their bloodline to kill. Its hard to change hundreds of years of breeding.
You have got nerve lad. It is not in their blood to be mean whats in their blood is to be a loyal pet. They only reason they attack is because they are trying to earn your respect. if you raise them to be a fighter they will do it and thats because they are just trying to earn your approval. they just want you to love them. they do anything for your approval look on youtube at some of the videos a woman sets her dog on a policewoman and it listens to her and as soon as she told it to get in the house it went. all it was doing was listening to its owner. and you lot are just ridiculous saying they are born killers and all that rubbish BECAUSE THEY ARE NOT ITS HOW THEY ARE BRED.
Animal lover

Leigh, UK

#508 Jul 23, 2008
Tiny T wrote:
<quoted text>
you know what i just recently purchased a cocker spaniel and hes still just a baby but i guess hes about 9 weeks and he is getting mean as hell he sleeps with me at night but early in the morning instead of a puppy licking you in the face he likes to bite at my nose and i dont hit him i spat him tell him No and he has a corner he knows to go to when hes in trouble but while im working he stays with my brother and plays with a puppy pit/boxer all day till i get off and go get him i mean yes he can be really sweet and playful but sometimes he gets to rough and hes only 9 weeks that scares me that he might really turn out to be mean when he gets older......but he is just the cutest little puppy i love him to death even though he gets a little mean every now and then but hes learning to not bite......any suggestions anybody to help me teach him????
this works with my dog just buy a small water pistol and everytime your dog does anything wrong give them a little squirt on the head they stop and know they have done something wrong. hope this helps.
alex

Limaville, OH

#509 Aug 14, 2008
to everyone AGAINST pitbulls: your all ignorant assholes and until you own and raise one there is no reason for anyone to value your opinion in the least bit. i have a 12 week pitbull and have been around MANY pitbulls and they all have been extremely loyal and loving. i also have a german sheperd and and a beagle. my beagle would be thought to be the kindest of my pets but its the opposite. i love my pitbull. SAVE THE PITBULLS! they dont deserve to die beacuse theres some bad ones out there
Anonymous

Port Arthur, TX

#510 Aug 16, 2008
Pitbull should be left out in the wild and never brought into the neighborhood because pitbulls by their very nature are aggressive and mean just like tigers and lions and bears. Owning a bitbull is like owning a polar bear. It should be criminalized to bring one into civilization.
Former MP

Kennett, MO

#511 Aug 17, 2008
lawdog wrote:
shepards do not hang on, go back to breeding school.
yes Shepards will hang on... the ones we used in Military will hold on till told to release. I was one who helped to train them.. plenty of times put on the suit had they had the dog attack me to make sure it would do as trained.
Give me a break

Saint Louis, MO

#512 Aug 17, 2008
Fear of these fine animals as a breed shows nothing but ignorance and a feeling of inferiority around such animals. I've owned three pits and none of them were what you would call from good bloodlines with extensive pedigrees though they were all full-blooded. I raised them all from young pups and trusted them around my children and loved ones. I must have gotten defective pit-bulls because my dogs never attacked the first person. They were extremely quiet dogs while every other "acceptable" hound in the neighborhood yapped away to all hours of the night. Bashing a dog because of his breed is profiling, is it not? Why are we allowed to profile animals and not humans? Maybe a few of you officers that are scared of pits and guilty of this can answer that for me. I realize that if you see a lot of traffic stops go bad when the vehicle is a red Chevy truck, you're going to start to be leary about letting your guard down about red Chevy trucks. Sounds silly, doesn't it? It's not the truck, my good man but the driver of said vehicle. All drivers are different, that is why no traffic stop is routine. All pit owners are different. Some actually have a good head on their shoulders and raise good-natured, very docile pets. Bottom line....The pets reflect the owner. By your statements against every pit....I think you are just trying to make your job easier at the expense of responsible pet owners and the bad ones alike. I hope they don't ban anything you love just because there are some bad examples of it out there.
miami

Miami, FL

#513 Aug 20, 2008
i found a puupy pitbull on the street it jumped on me and started to lick me.....she is the nicest thing ever and we're going to take her to a human societey in broward county because there illegal in miami, which i dont belive thats right, it show a form of racism to dogs, its like banning asians in a state or hispanics, which that is so wrong...and they are so sweet they could be train to be mean...also, the firefighters dog, the Damation snaps at the age of 3 and goes Psycho in the head...so Pitbulls should be LEGAL
dog_lover

Swindon, UK

#514 Aug 25, 2008
i have a mix staff n pit n she is the nicest of dogs she hasnt ever bite snapped, considering i got bite by a pitbull when i was 8years old and was taken to hospital
i'm not startin an agurement i'm simply sayin my dog was brought up round westies jack russels n great danes shes the sofest dog ever and will stand by my words shes very loyal
I Love My Dog

Brampton, Canada

#516 Sep 7, 2008
Wasn't "Petey" from little rascals a pitbull? Was little rascals not a bunch of children playing with Petey? Is Petey not an American symbol of man's best friend. My point is if pitbulls deserve to be banned because they are supposedly made to "kill", then guns should be banned too....aren't they made to do the same thing???????...let's get real it's not the dog's fault or the gun's fault...it's the person behind them that initiate the behavior...why banl a living breathing animal because of what breed it is. My neighbour had a toy poodle who was more vicious than my pitbull. That dog attacked my pitbull but because my dog was muzzled he could not defend himself and in turn injured himself trying to get away. The owner of the toy poodle let his dog run in the streets without a leash and it pees on everything, destroying flowers and crapping everywhere, however the owner does not do anything about it. If I was to let my dog do even 1/3rd of what I mentioned it would be in the papers the very next day. So again it's not the dog's fault, it's the losers who choose to have dogs but have no clue how to raise or take care of them no matter what breed it is.
Molly

United States

#517 Dec 8, 2008
kennett officer wrote:
good luck, miss future-to-be-chewed-on-by-your -own-dog person,you'll find out eventually that the only good pit bull is a dead pit bull.
That is just disgusting. You are more hostile than any pit I have ever met. I own pits, did you know that they score higher in temperament testing than golden retrievers? I have never had any of my own dogs turn on me or show me or anyone else ANY aggression. I have to say that I am pretty sad for anyone who wishes harm on another person just because they are afraid of the dog they own. If you don't like pits, that's fine, but don't go around saying that pit bulls should be killed. I wish people with your point of view would take the time to get to know the breed, I am sure a lot of minds would be changed. They are a amazing, intelligent, loving dogs and deserve to have owners who love and care for them- just like all other pets! If you want to go on a witch hunt, go after the people who are abusing dogs, not the dogs themselves. They are the victims.
bootheel

Saint Louis, MO

#518 Dec 9, 2008
SOMEONE wrote:
http://www.dogbitelaw.com/PAGE S/statistics.html
According to the Clifton study, pit bulls, Rottweilers, Presa Canarios and their mixes are responsible for 74% of attacks that were included in the study, 68% of the attacks upon children, 82% of the attacks upon adults, 65% of the deaths, and 68% of the maimings. In more than two-thirds of the cases included in the study, the life-threatening or fatal attack was apparently the first known dangerous behavior by the animal in question. Clifton states
However, while banning the pit bull might lower the number of human deaths, such a ban would probably not reduce the number dog bites in any significant manner. After the United Kingdom banned pit bulls in the 1990s, a study showed that the number of dog bites remained the same even though the number of pit bulls had steeply declined.(Study cited in B. Heady and P. Krause, "Health Benefits and Potential Public Savings Due to Pets: Australian and German Survey Results," Australian Social Monitor, Vol.2, No.2, May 1999.)
In recent years, the dogs responsible for the bulk of the homicides are pit bulls and Rottweilers:
"Studies indicate that pit bull-type dogs were involved in approximately a third of human DBRF (i.e., dog bite related fatalities) reported during the 12-year period from 1981 through1992, and Rottweilers were responsible for about half of human DBRF reported during the 4 years from 1993 through 1996....[T]he data indicate that Rottweilers and pit bull-type dogs accounted for 67% of human DBRF in the United States between 1997 and 1998. It is extremely unlikely that they accounted for anywhere near 60% of dogs in the United States during that same period and, thus, there appears to be a breed-specific problem with fatalities."
okay these are true statistics but me personaly owning a rottweilder which is right beside me right now is a sweet dog i mean do not take her kindness for weakness it is a 120 pound dog and if wanted to are told to could rip a grown man from limb to limb but only if i tell her to are if she feels threatend i got this dog not just for freindship but for protection and thats what she's trained to do if my dog was outside u couldnt even get close to my yard without getting ate up are let some one try to break in my house matterfact i'll pay some one to try and break into my house u wont get passed the window are door whatever the point is i trained this dog like that its not its fault but also let me state i live in the county no neighbors around just me and my dog so no lil kids to worry about and as long as iam there u would have nothing to worry about anyway she is trained i also have a 1 ina half year old pit that im trying to breed with my rottweilder anyway i did not train the pit it is a outside dog and if it doesent know u its going to try to stay as far away as possible so there goes to show u ure statistics are bullshit and i love for u o come meet my rottweilder lol
what

Saint Louis, MO

#519 Dec 9, 2008
Why in the world would you want to breed your pit with your rot? That's just stupid.

jxn

“Punish the Deed, Not the Breed”

Since: Jul 07

My Karma ran over your dogma.

#520 Dec 9, 2008
Molly wrote:
<quoted text>
That is just disgusting. You are more hostile than any pit I have ever met. I own pits, did you know that they score higher in temperament testing than golden retrievers? I have never had any of my own dogs turn on me or show me or anyone else ANY aggression. I have to say that I am pretty sad for anyone who wishes harm on another person just because they are afraid of the dog they own. If you don't like pits, that's fine, but don't go around saying that pit bulls should be killed. I wish people with your point of view would take the time to get to know the breed, I am sure a lot of minds would be changed. They are a amazing, intelligent, loving dogs and deserve to have owners who love and care for them- just like all other pets! If you want to go on a witch hunt, go after the people who are abusing dogs, not the dogs themselves. They are the victims.
I could not agree with you more. I currently have two American Pit Bull Terrier puppies and they are the most sweetest, intelligent dogs I have ever owned. These are my first APBTs but my husband has owned one before. Admittedly, I was apprehensive about getting these beautiful dogs due to the media hype and stereotypes. I done extensive research and come to discover that it's not the breed of dog that's the problem, it's the owners. Anti-pit bull sites and individuals want to throw out dog bite/attack statistics but the full stories are never told. The news does not report the circumstances surrounding pit bull attacks... How was this dog raised/trained? Did the victim instigate the situation? Etc. Admittedly, while large breed dogs due more damage, thus giving them a bad name, they are not the only dogs that bite/attack. I have never been bitten by a large dog but I have been bitten by several different breeds of small dogs. Furthermore, smaller dogs are more likely to bite than large dogs but bites from small dogs are often not reported because, while it hurts and can cause damage, the damage is usually not as severe. As a matter of fact, dachshunds are considered one of the most aggressive breeds according to studies and I have a dachshund/chihuahua mix that barks and growls at everyone and every other animal and he has snapped at people. But, I take all the blame because I didn't properly socialize him and instead of corrected the problem before it got out of hand, I simply put him in another room when we had guests. Now, however, we have begun to work on his issues while we work on our new pits training and socializing. He has improved dramatically but still has a long way to go. Our pit bulls on the other hand, never meet a stranger but be warned, they will lick you to death. LOL!

jxn

“Punish the Deed, Not the Breed”

Since: Jul 07

My Karma ran over your dogma.

#521 Dec 9, 2008
bootheel wrote:
<quoted text> okay these are true statistics but me personaly owning a rottweilder which is right beside me right now is a sweet dog i mean do not take her kindness for weakness it is a 120 pound dog and if wanted to are told to could rip a grown man from limb to limb but only if i tell her to are if she feels threatend i got this dog not just for freindship but for protection and thats what she's trained to do if my dog was outside u couldnt even get close to my yard without getting ate up are let some one try to break in my house matterfact i'll pay some one to try and break into my house u wont get passed the window are door whatever the point is i trained this dog like that its not its fault but also let me state i live in the county no neighbors around just me and my dog so no lil kids to worry about and as long as iam there u would have nothing to worry about anyway she is trained i also have a 1 ina half year old pit that im trying to breed with my rottweilder anyway i did not train the pit it is a outside dog and if it doesent know u its going to try to stay as far away as possible so there goes to show u ure statistics are bullshit and i love for u o come meet my rottweilder lol
I can understand that you want your dogs for protection but to train them to attack on command is extremely irresponsible. And, you could possibly add to the statistics if your dog ever attacks someone, thus causing more stereotyping of these breeds. While you may live in the country with no close neighbors, someone may become lost on your road and/or their car breaks down and they come to your home for help. God forbid, your dog takes their presence the wrong way and attacks them. In this situation, your poor dog would be euthanized, you would be fined and/or sent to jail, and you would be adding to the dilemma that some of these breeds now face. Dogs are not a weapon and should never be used as such. If you need protection, buy a gun but please do not train your dogs (no matter the breed) to attack people. If you are not part of the solution, you're part of the problem.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Kennett Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
|keep a word, drop a word game| (Jul '11) 7 hr Trouser Cough 1,380
Why do white women love black men so much? (Jul '12) 7 hr KKK rules 694
Single Mom Mentality (May '10) 8 hr Offended 85
Chuck Tart (May '09) 9 hr Fact 24
The religion of atheism's 10 commandments 11 hr guest 3
Kennett cops 12 hr Shaking my Head 16
Prayer for today 12 hr guest 3
Kennett Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Kennett People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 1:18 pm PST

NFL 1:18PM
Rams reportedly release DT Kendall Langford
Bleacher Report 1:28 PM
Kendall Langford Reportedly Released by Rams: Latest Details, Comments, Reaction
ESPN 2:24 PM
Rams cut DT Langford in cost-cutting move
Bleacher Report 4:55 PM
Rams Would Waste Opportunity by Not Trading Bradford
Yahoo! Sports 5:36 PM
Falcons release veteran running back Steven Jackson