First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Farmington, MO

#44 Aug 27, 2009
I would love to see some pics from there! used to go all the time in the late 70's early 80's. there are still songs that when I hear them on the radio, I can remember skating to them. Like Double dutch bus,Our lips are sealed,Ladies night by Kool and the gang,and there was this song by KC and the Sunshine band-Please dont go-that the couples used to skate to. I was just a little kid and would get mad when I had to leave the floor for all those couples!
kid 81

Osceola, AR

#45 Aug 27, 2009
I used to go there in the late 70s early 80s, everytime I hear that song "Oh what a night" I get this strong urge to put on a pair of skates.LOL I graduated KHS in 81, just a few short years ago, it seems like kids now can't get together and have fun without violence.
william

Coudersport, PA

#46 Aug 27, 2009
i used go there in the 90s it was fun miss it

Blytheville, AR

#47 Aug 28, 2009
didn't the skating rink start going down hill when the rumor was that a girl got drugged out there? someone put something in her drink? i was young but i remember my mom wouldn't let me go after that. It was probably just a rumor, it was when the Grasse lady had it.
Silly Girl

Wardell, MO

#48 Aug 28, 2009
William what is your last name? I may know you!
Bullturd

Kennett, MO

#49 Aug 28, 2009
What skating rink The old wooden floor rink by the outlet place. the big tent one that use to set up where bradleys dist sits. Or the one on the bypass.
Just Me

Wardell, MO

#50 Aug 29, 2009
I went to the skating rink in Campbell...it just wasn't the same. I'm not sure they want adults skating though.
wonderin

Ville Platte, LA

#51 Aug 29, 2009
I USED TO GO BACK IN THE 80S TO I LOVED THAT PLACE I USED TO GO EVERY FRI AND SAT NIGHT BEST PLACE TO HANG OUT WITH UR FIENDS AND STAY OUT OF TROUBLE WISHED IT WAS STILL THERE TO TAKE MY KIDS MISS EVERYONE THERE WOULD LOVE TO HEAR FROM MY FRIENDS THERE
former resident

Fort Walton Beach, FL

#52 Aug 29, 2009
Gee......you all make me feel so old! I was there in the mid fifties, on the west side of town. It was a great time to be a teenager. Had lots of good clean fun.
Senath resident

Maywood, IL

#53 Sep 22, 2012
I wish there was a picture of that old skating rink out west of Kennett on the highway... Anyone have one?
In due time

Dexter, MO

#54 Sep 22, 2012
guest wrote:
I also loved that skating rink...There was just something about those years in high school. I graduated in 1979...Occasionally I still drive to Poplar Bluff to skate..A middle aged skater...imagine ha I remember going on Friday night out on the bypass and when there was a 30, 40 or 50 something on the floor, I thought are you lost, or are you chaperoning your kids? Now I am that middle aged person on a pair of roller skates..
Sorry honey!!! If you graduated in 79 you're on the backside of a middleAger!!! Lol! I'm right with you! And I probably skated with you. I was in high school when you graduated and went to school with you:) I have many many memories at the skating rink. Best times of my life! I don't come to topics much. Just stop by to see if anyone was talking about the devastating incident that occurred last night.:( Well no since in leaving me any comments because more than likely I won't be back for a while. I'm not a fan of topix!!!!!!! Actually hate it!! To much drama here!!
In due time

Dexter, MO

#55 Sep 22, 2012
kim wrote:
used to work the concession stand when the grasses own it, sherry works at KNB now, she told me where the twins were at, but with age the memory goes. Oh, someone one mention Dale, are you referring to Dale Gibson, saw him the other day.
Kim wallace I'm assuming?:) remember the Vavak boys? Tommy, Mikey, Jeff?? Danny Rebstock was a great skater too! Rest his soul!! Your brother Randy was so nice looking and a great skater.
Slim-white-dynom ite

Euless, TX

#56 Sep 23, 2012
Ohhh yeah plenty of gooood memories, I used 2 go every fri & sat nite, & some x's on Sunday evenings. And the all nite skate parties. I never will 4get I had my white roller skates wit pink wheels.. There were 3 of us girls me & my sisters.. We would try our hardest 2 do the limbo. There was 1 guy that could get really low wit out knocking the pole down I think his name was Johnny Barnes. After a few bumps & bruises I finally learned 2 skate frontwards, backwards, sideways.. I remember dale Gibson , & a few other referees out there, Jackie gattis, there was a woman I can't remember her name but she's the 1 that taught me how 2 skate. Her first name was sheila. & I remember Barry I think was his name & jimmy... Sooo many memories. Now it a church...
STYX

Dexter, MO

#57 Sep 23, 2012
I remember the couples skate. Find someone and hold hands while skating to a slow song. The songs that take me back there are: Mr. Roboto, Just a swinging, and Africa(ToTo) Good times. I think it just got to rough out there to last.
Skate girl

United States

#58 Sep 23, 2012
I went there in the early 80's when The Grasses ran it.Loved everything about it. From the hair, the clothes, pompoms on my skates, the music, hanging out with friends, the video games---PACMAN & Astroids were big then. Those were good times! good times!
deacon blue

Pine Bluff, AR

#59 Sep 29, 2012
I skated on the west side in the early 60's, the Akin twins were the best, Sherry and Terry

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Kennett Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Nicole "Morgan" Nevill 7 min letting you know 7
Proverbs 18:6-8 2 hr Old Time Kennett ... 1
1 John 3: 4-9 2 hr Old Time Kennett ... 1
Matthew 5:22 2 hr Old Time Kennett ... 1
Prayer for today 2 hr Old Time Kennett ... 1
Matthew 5:16 2 hr Old Time Kennett ... 1
Heather Godair (Jul '13) 2 hr lucky man 22
More from around the web

Kennett People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE