Team of solid economic advisers would...

Team of solid economic advisers would boost Pawlenty

There are 5 comments on the TwinCities.com story from Sep 23, 2009, titled Team of solid economic advisers would boost Pawlenty. In it, TwinCities.com reports that:

While not yet a declared presidential candidate, Gov. Tim Pawlenty needs to recruit some well-respected economic advisers.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TwinCities.com.

Amused

Saint Paul, MN

#1 Sep 24, 2009
Sorry Tim, but as far as I am concrened you have not done anything in MN worth getting my vote for the Presidency!
T-Paw Logic

Saint Paul, MN

#2 Sep 24, 2009
These economic advisors would have to be retrained to think like T-Paw. First: A fee is not a tax. Second: I can shift the costs of running my office to other departments and claim that the lower figure is the true figure. Third: No other administrative department, legislative body, or the judiciary can do #2. They've got to cut wasteful spending. Fourth: Watch the three cups I've got before me. Try and guess under which cup you'll find the true budget after I do accounting shifts, unallotments, deferred spending, and massive borrowing for bonding.
See! We don't need no stinkin' economic advisors!
T Paw

Minneapolis, MN

#3 Sep 25, 2009
I don't need no advisors. I do't need money to spend money. I just raise some fees or borrow it from next years budget.
really

Minneapolis, MN

#4 Oct 5, 2009
boy ht dflers are out in force. the governor restricted tax increases and spending increases this year proposed by the likes of those posting here. these people did not take econ 101. spend within your limits restrict the size of governement and lower taxes for all. these other posters are nothing but angry dfl union stooges
Broke Bluestate Boneheads

Minneapolis, MN

#5 Oct 5, 2009
New York State Tax Revenues Slump 36%, Is New York The Next California?
http://www.zerohedge.com/article/new-york-sta...
New York State is quickly becoming the next California, as tax revenues drop 36% from 2008 levels, and a dejected governor expressing his frustration with policy measures that continue to not bear fruit. As a reminder the state most reliant on the financial sector, is struggling with a $2.1 billion budget deficit that is still looming despite tax increases, federal aid and spending cuts.
New York State’s income tax revenue has dropped 36 percent from the same period in 2008, Governor David Paterson said,“frustrating” his attempt to close a projected $2.1 billion budget deficit.
“We added personal income tax, which we thought would make the falloff 10 percent to 15 percent,” Paterson, a Democrat, said on CNBC today, referring to $5.2 billion in new or increased taxes.“This is what is so frustrating. It’s still 36 percent, meaning our revenues fell more in 2009 than they did in 2008.”
The budget will still be $2.1 billion in deficit because spending plans exceed revenue projections, the state Division of Budget said July 30. The report predicted deficits of $4.62 billion in 2011,$13.3 billion in 2012 and $18.2 billion in 2013. The Governor, who has recently had a major falling out with President Obama, may be in even more hot water as hopes for major tax windfalls from corporate taxes vanish due to generous NOLs established during last year's financial collapse:
“We are Ground Zero for the economic recession,” said Paterson.“What we’re recognizing now is what everybody recognizes in their own portfolio: you can’t overinvest in one area because, if it fails, you’ll have a debacle.”

----------
Is California the next New York?
No, New York is in a three way tie for first with Michigan, and Massachutesses. California is clearly pulling up the rear of “progressive” states trying to reach its first state bankruptcy. Remember, the race is measured in people leaving the state versus those entering. Kali is just now reaching NY status in chasing away taxpayers, give it another 10 years and see how "progressive" you are then.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Kenneth Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
chandler minnesota (May '08) Sep '15 JDILL67USN 20
News Exhibit celebrates Tuskegee airmen (Jul '14) Jul '14 Richies Cool Man ... 2
Election Who do you support for U.S. House in Minnesota ... (Oct '10) Jan '14 DutchQ 11
News University of Minnesota medical school strategi... (Feb '13) Feb '13 Sally 1
News Rwanda prosecutor says he'll charge US lawyer soon (May '11) May '11 sock 8
News St. Paul man hit after car stalls on Highway 61 (Apr '11) May '11 Smokified 10
News Fuller Minnesota budget picture to emerge this ... (Mar '11) Mar '11 greedy business 4
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Kenneth Mortgages