ena alvarez

Topeka, KS

#1 Aug 4, 2007
Mij grandfather Toon Beugelsdijk from Lisse Holland, came to nobles county in 1915. worked as a carpenter for the Bollwijk familie and helped repair St Anthony's church when Ft. Graeve was Pastor in the Parish. I have your 100 year centenial book and ther are many intersting pictures from that time period, also names he talkes about in his journal. He was a finish carpenter, but mainly worked at different farms around the Lismore area. Also worked for the Schillers fam. I would like to know more about Lismore from 1915 to 1916, then went back to holland because his wife was ill. .
ena alvarez

Topeka, KS

#2 Aug 4, 2007
I also have talked to Kate Mccann on the phone. My gransfather helped build the barn in the centenial book on page 184. It was destroyed in the tornado of 1915. Lots of damage according to my grandfathers journal including the church tower that he rebuild.
Ena Beugelsdijk-Alva rez

Topeka, KS

#3 Mar 16, 2008
Update: My sister Francie Beugelsdijk/Hale and my brother Paul Beugelsdijk will be visiting Lismore this week to see where my grandfather spend almost a year between March 1915 and September 1915. My sister translated my grandfathers diary from Dutch into English and will present it to the library in Lismore. It is a wonderful account and observation of that period time in Lismore and surrounding towns.I hope they will meet Kate McCann. Ena Beugelsdijk/Alvarez
ena alvarez

Wichita, KS

#4 Oct 22, 2009
The family he stayed with was the Bolluijt family. Not Bollwijk.My Dad who is now 102 years old, after reading the diary he noticed the error. and referred back to the origional diary and was able to translate the correct spelling. Are there any Bolluijt family memebers left in Lismore?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Kenneth Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
MN Who do you support for Governor in Minnesota in... (Oct '10) Aug '14 Go Blue Forever 848
Exhibit celebrates Tuskegee airmen Jul '14 Richies Cool Man ... 2
Who do you support for U.S. House in Minnesota ... (Oct '10) Jan '14 DutchQ 11
chandler minnesota (May '08) Dec '13 Bill Calhoun 18
University of Minnesota medical school strategi... (Feb '13) Feb '13 Sally 1
MN Minnesota Primary Election August 10: Will you ... (Aug '10) Apr '12 kayla 16
MN Who do you support for Auditor in Minnesota in ... (Oct '10) Jan '12 a7d6f4 62
•••
•••
Kenneth Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Kenneth Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Kenneth People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE