Poll: Gun Carry Without a Permit?

Poll: Gun Carry Without a Permit?

There are 531 comments on the Patch.com story from Feb 11, 2012, titled Poll: Gun Carry Without a Permit?. In it, Patch.com reports that:

Gun ownership. It's literally the law in Kennesaw. But what do residents of "Guntown USA" think of a bill that would let law-abiding Georgia citizens carry concealed weapons without a permit? State Rep.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Patch.com.

First Prev
of 27
Next Last
Marc M

Chicago, IL

#533 Mar 24, 2012
Richard_ wrote:
<quoted text>Keep means to own, bear means to wear on ones shoulder or hip.
you can bear something anywhere dick. If I can bear having a gun in my keister than I legally can "bear" it there. There are no stipulations in the 2nd amendment and by trying to put them there your just helping the liberals with their agenda. So if you cherish your freedom and are truly a member of the gun community you would realize it black and white no gray area.
News

Kilmichael, MS

#534 Mar 25, 2012
Richard_ wrote:
<quoted text>Where? It's plain and simple, open carry (bearing) is a right, concealed carry is state licensed privilege.
But the second amendment says keep and bear not keep and bear openly. Not be infringed does mean the government has no right to license any part of it or call it a privilege. The right belongs to the people not the government. The power to infringe was never given to them.

“Uzi Does It”

Since: Nov 08

UZILAND

#535 Mar 25, 2012
News wrote:
Not be infringed does mean the government has no right to license any part of it or call it a privilege.
Concealed carry is not a constitutional right, concealed carry is a state licensed privilege. Open BEARING of a firearm is your right, a rifle or shotgun on a sling hung from your shoulder, or a side arm worn in a holster on your hip beared in plain sight, just like a good militia man, not some Benedict Arnold spying, pants sagging, hoodie wearing hootchie.

“Si vis pacem, para bellum !!”

Since: Dec 07

Southeast Virginia

#536 Mar 25, 2012
Richard_ wrote:
<quoted text>Concealed carry is not a constitutional right, concealed carry is a state licensed privilege. Open BEARING of a firearm is your right, a rifle or shotgun on a sling hung from your shoulder, or a side arm worn in a holster on your hip beared in plain sight, just like a good militia man, not some Benedict Arnold spying, pants sagging, hoodie wearing hootchie.
You can keep repeating this lie until the cows come home. It will NEVER be the truth no matter how many times you repeat it.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#537 Mar 25, 2012
Armed Veteran wrote:
<quoted text>
You can keep repeating this lie until the cows come home. It will NEVER be the truth no matter how many times you repeat it.
Ever think it's like dealing with Life Wad or whatever incarnation du jour he is using at the time?

“Uzi Does It”

UZILAND

#538 Mar 25, 2012
Have Seen It Before wrote:
<quoted text>Ever think it's like dealing with Life Wad or whatever incarnation du jour he is using at the time?
You're probably dealing with not taking your meds.
News

New Albany, MS

#539 Mar 26, 2012
Richard_ wrote:
<quoted text>Concealed carry is not a constitutional right, concealed carry is a state licensed privilege. Open BEARING of a firearm is your right, a rifle or shotgun on a sling hung from your shoulder, or a side arm worn in a holster on your hip beared in plain sight, just like a good militia man, not some Benedict Arnold spying, pants sagging, hoodie wearing hootchie.
I have asked you repeatedly to show where the second amendment limits or gives the power to the government to limit where or how I carry, you have yet to produce how you came about your definition of BEAR or KEEP. Is it just because you say so or do you have a credible reference?

“Why call 911? 1911 is faster”

Since: Feb 08

Wesley Chapel, FL

#540 Mar 26, 2012
Richard_ wrote:
That said, the privilege to CARRY concealed is a state authority as the right to BEAR arms means open style BEARING, not concealed style CARRYING.
Richard you’re amazing. How can someone possibly be so wrong and yet convinced they’re right? Bearing arms simply means carrying a weapon. Method of carry is irrelevant. In fact the word arms doesn’t mean firearms, it means weapon which of course includes firearms. Technically speaking, knives and other weapons should be immune to government interference.

Funny thing, when I was living in Georgia it was perfectly legal for me to carry a concealed firearm (or open carry) Despite that, it was illegal for me to carry my Benchmade Infidel concealed. Yet, it was perfectly legal to carry it in an open fashion. I believe that flaw in the law has since been corrected.

Prove to us bearing arms means open carry only. I bet you can’t.
Marc M

United States

#541 Mar 27, 2012
Richard_ wrote:
you show me where these stipulations exist in our constitution and I'll back you 100%. But you interpreting these regulations are no different Than the liberals interpreting all the other bs gun restrictions. I don't see anywhere in the 2nd amendment that I can't own a rifle with less than a 16" barrel. But if I give the good old US govt $200 it's ok. The bill of rights was written in plain text for a reason. So no slimy govt weasel could twist it around to fit their own agenda. Your obviously intelligent I don't understand why you can't understand something so simple. Show is some proof to back your claims. Our proof is written in the 2nd amendment.

“Uzi Does It”

UZILAND

#542 Mar 27, 2012
Marc M wrote:
<quoted text>
you show me where these stipulations exist in our constitution and I'll back you 100%.
It's simple, sue your state for licensing concealed carry PRIVILEDGES in federal court for violating your alleged right.
Marc M

Willowbrook, IL

#543 Mar 31, 2012
Richard_ wrote:
<quoted text>It's simple, sue your state for licensing concealed carry PRIVILEDGES in federal court for violating your alleged right.
“Let your gun therefore be the constant companion of your walks.”
Thomas Jefferson – August 19, 1785 in a letter to Peter Carr

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 27
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Kennesaw Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Another side of police work (May '09) May 26 blueeyes 16
Woodstock Police Have Problems - Rape Allegation! (Feb '08) May 25 blueeyes 191
News Georgia police dress as road construction crew ... (Jul '15) May 25 blueeyes 6
'Good' pain management doctors (Aug '11) May 22 kansas kid 27
moving young family to dallas May 21 little help 1
Gay Meet Up (May '15) May 19 Guy 2
Moving to town May 18 Michael_0689 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Kennesaw Mortgages