Poll: Gun Carry Without a Permit?

Poll: Gun Carry Without a Permit?

There are 531 comments on the Patch.com story from Feb 11, 2012, titled Poll: Gun Carry Without a Permit?. In it, Patch.com reports that:

Gun ownership. It's literally the law in Kennesaw. But what do residents of "Guntown USA" think of a bill that would let law-abiding Georgia citizens carry concealed weapons without a permit? State Rep.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Patch.com.

First Prev
of 27
Next Last
Bruce V

Birmingham, AL

#1 Feb 11, 2012
Everyone has the RIGHT to carry any way they choose. The problem is, we have let hack politicians write laws to the contrary.

“Tu ne cede malis”

Since: Dec 06

Lots of different places

#2 Feb 11, 2012
Bruce V wrote:
Everyone has the RIGHT to carry any way they choose. The problem is, we have let hack politicians write laws to the contrary.
More it is that we don't know what those 'hacks' write, and they desire to keep the lot of us just as ignorant as they might.
And when we complain? Why, they tell us that 'we agreed' with those laws, if only that we elected them to office!
All the more reason —I say— that ALL law should be put before the people in quarterly plebiscites, where NOT LESS than 80% of =ALL= registered voters MUST vote in the affirmative for the law in order for that law to pass.
AND, EVERY law —save the respective constitutions— EXPIRES every three years, unless that law receives the very same 80% SHOW AND VOTE of ALL REGISTERED VOTERS.
Lacking that, the law is nullified and may not again be put before the voters for a period of 20 years.

“Uzi Does It”

Since: Nov 08

UZILAND

#3 Feb 12, 2012
I'm with you guys, open carry rights should be honored everywhere and people's licensed privilege to carry concealed should be as well.
Marauder

Anchorage, AK

#4 Feb 12, 2012
Richard_ wrote:
I'm with you guys, open carry rights should be honored everywhere and people's licensed privilege to carry concealed should be as well.
Bruce V says "Everyone has the RIGHT to carry any way they choose."

Then you say "I'm with you guys"...then contradict yourself by putting restrictions on the "right". Speak with forked tongue much...?

There is no stipulation in the 2nd Amendment as to the manner of "bearing" arms. There is no restriction against "concealed". Laws that criminalize "concealed carry" are an "infringement" on the right of the people to "bear". No where is the State given authority to "license" this "right".

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#5 Feb 12, 2012
Bruce V wrote:
Read about "The Sullivan Act" for a good look at gun control. Tim Sullivan was one of the last of the Tammany Hall crew and put the screws to all New Yorkers so only HIS people could get a gun permit. 101 years on the books this year and only getting worse in New York.

“Uzi Does It”

UZILAND

#6 Feb 12, 2012
Marauder wrote:
<quoted text>

There is no stipulation in the 2nd Amendment as to the manner of "bearing" arms.
Correct, when bearing arms, such as wearing one openly on the hip or slung from one's shoulder, then this is what is meant. Carrying arms concealed, is state regulated priviledge. Two different concepts, thanks for pointing that out for us today.

“Tu ne cede malis”

Lots of different places

#7 Feb 12, 2012
Richard_ wrote:
<quoted text>Correct, when bearing arms, such as wearing one openly on the hip or slung from one's shoulder, then this is what is meant. Carrying arms concealed, is state regulated priviledge. Two different concepts, thanks for pointing that out for us today.
WRONG ANSWER!
The Fourteenth Article of Amendment =PROHIBITS= the states from the regulation of ANY RIGHT.
Leafer Crunch

Chesapeake, VA

#8 Feb 12, 2012
So, I guess all you people are part of a well regulated militia ?

“"Stand and Fight"”

Since: Sep 10

United States

#10 Feb 12, 2012
Leafer Crunch wrote:
Of course. An armed citizenry is the original homeland security. You aren't the only one who should be allowed to carry a gun.

“"Stand and Fight"”

United States

#11 Feb 12, 2012
Richard_ wrote:
<quoted text> Carrying arms concealed, is state regulated priviledge.
That needs to change from a privilige requiring a permit. It used to be a right but unfortunately it was usurped by the turn of the century. However, 3 states (AZ/VT/Alaska) have ressurected that right.

“Tu ne cede malis”

Lots of different places

#12 Feb 12, 2012
JasonStorm wrote:
<quoted text>
That needs to change from a privilige requiring a permit. It used to be a right but unfortunately it was usurped by the turn of the century. However, 3 states (AZ/VT/Alaska) have ressurected that right.
FOUR states: You left out Wyoming!
Shame on you!!(But only a little bit!)
;o)
Jagermann

Wenatchee, WA

#13 Feb 12, 2012
Leafer Crunch wrote:
And since when has that ~ever~ been a requirement to exercise the right the keep and bear arms?

“"Stand and Fight"”

United States

#14 Feb 12, 2012
Highlander wrote:
<quoted text>
FOUR states: You left out Wyoming!
Shame on you!!(But only a little bit!)
;o)
Thx. I didn't knew Wyoming was included. My state is working on Consitutional Carry too and I hope it will be the 5th state. Once that happens, no need to renew my permit unless I am going to a reciprocity state that recognizes the permit of my state.
Ramos

Ashburn, VA

#15 Feb 13, 2012
Richard_ wrote:
If nothing else, you're consistent. A consistent twit. Too bad your GED didn't teach you the difference between a right and a privilege.
Marauder

Anchorage, AK

#16 Feb 13, 2012
Richard_ wrote:
<quoted text>Correct, when bearing arms, such as wearing one openly on the hip or slung from one's shoulder, then this is what is meant. Carrying arms concealed, is state regulated priviledge. Two different concepts, thanks for pointing that out for us today.
Thanks again on pointing out how ignorant you are and showing us your inability to comprehend. Since you couldn't even comprehend what I wrote, I'm not surprized that you can't comprehend the 2nd Amendment.
Marauder

Anchorage, AK

#17 Feb 13, 2012
Leafer Crunch wrote:
There is no requirement to be in order to exercise the individual right to keep and bear arms. What part of "Heller" didn't you understand...?

“Uzi Does It”

UZILAND

#18 Feb 13, 2012
Leafer Crunch wrote:
The national defense act provides the full on definition of militia to include ALL able bodied persons without discrimination against citizenship, or sex;

"The militia of the United States shall consist of all able-bodied male citizens of the United States and all other able-bodied males who have or shall have declared their intention to become citizens of the United States, who shall be more than eighteen years of age..."

“Uzi Does It”

UZILAND

#19 Feb 13, 2012
That said, the privilege to CARRY concealed is a state authority as the right to BEAR arms means open style BEARING, not concealed style CARRYING.
Marauder

Anchorage, AK

#20 Feb 14, 2012
Richard_ wrote:
That said, the privilege to CARRY concealed is a state authority as the right to BEAR arms means open style BEARING, not concealed style CARRYING.
WRONG again. Once again, there is NO stipulation as to the manner of "bearing" your arms in the 2nd Amendment. There is however the final words, a restriction against the gov't, that states this "right" shall not be infringed. Laws passed that criminalize any manner of bearing arms is an infringement of thet right.

Where does this "authority" of the State come from to infringe on an individual right enumerated in the Bill of Rights...?

“Uzi Does It”

UZILAND

#21 Feb 15, 2012
Exactly, the right to own and openly bear arms shall not be infringed, concleaded CARRY is not right...the amendment is clear in that it does not protect the concept of privileged concealed carry of arms, hence their regulation at the state level.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 27
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Kennesaw Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Special Event at Bradley's Bar & Grill on Wed ... Jan 21 Anorcia 1
LA Fitness Jan 17 I know 2
'Good' pain management doctors (Aug '11) Jan 11 Stop the BS 33
Bradley's Bar & Grill now open Sundays Jan 9 Anorcia 2
Car Depot Dealership, Kennesaw, ga. Any one els... Dec 30 Elizabeth 1
Review: Mo's Speed Shop (Aug '13) Dec 29 Ric_MM 3
News Dear. Mr. Thief: Cops leave epic note to shopli... Dec 29 Kasick of Pancakes 5

Kennesaw Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Kennesaw Mortgages