Strange noise overhead in Acworth GA
James

Ardsley, NY

#21 Jan 5, 2013
Jimmy wrote:
Early this morning (about 12:30 am) my wife and I were awakened by a very strange noise. It sounded as if something was flying over head be we have never heard a noise like this before. It shook our entire house and flew over twice, about 6 mins apart. Did anyone else hear this? What in the world was it?
It's been awhile since your post... But, we just experienced it here in pa this morning. It was pretty nuts. Did you ever find out what you heard? Thanks!
Smiff

United States

#22 Jan 8, 2013
I heard it two days later in Dacula. My mother said it was the audible voice of God. All I know is if u r an atheist it will make you believe in God and if your a Christian like myself it will make you closer to God. I believe in ufos bc of a story my preacher man father told me once and like him I felt like this was not a man made ship or sound. It was one of Gods ships or sounds. It was so loud it vibrated my eardrums and bones. Lasted on 30 seconds. Sounded like a spaceship was about to land on my roof. I was on the porch when I heard it. The two hunter guys I. The woods with orange hat on YouTube under strange sounds is what it sounded like. Exactly. It is amazing thing to witness and hear. Ill never be the same. I feel very blessed to have heard it. I was struggling with my faith a little this summer. Not anymore. Lol. Hope this helps.
Greg wrote:
Came across this post bc my brother and I have been listening to what sounds like a metallic humming noise in the sky over what would be the direction of 575/92 in the Woodstock area. This has been going on for about 40 minutes with no gap. All it does is changes frequency and the pitch but otherwise it has not subsided. We at first thought a plane, then maybe the recycling plant and then lastly Dixie Speedway but we have realized all those are not it due to logic. Has anyone else heard it or have any ideas on what it may be?
Current time is 11:20, started around 10:40, still ongoing.
J Law

Marietta, GA

#24 Jan 29, 2013
larry wrote:
<quoted text>
Has no one ever heard low flying helicopters? That's what they were/are.
that was my initial thought... I went outside where I have an unobstructed 360* view and nothing was in the sky. It was sunny/clear day... no planes, contrails, helicopters, birds.. just the constant rumbling.
Ashley

Ann Arbor, MI

#25 Feb 4, 2013
I live off Old Hwy 41 in Acworth/kennesaw and have been hearing this rumbling for two nights in a row now. Also heard it back in November and October. It is terrifying and there is no explanation for it. It sounds like it's coming from ground level to me. Like it's just rumbling the whole earth and it's creepy enough to put me in a panic. It's a constant rumble that doesnt really fluctuate like a plane going overhead... This is very different... PLEASE someone figure this out. Please.
Size Mick

Canton, GA

#26 Feb 4, 2013
Vulcan quarry on Chastain Rd.
breexy

United States

#27 Mar 23, 2013
Yesterday morning there was a weird sound similar to thunder and a landing plane with a wide ambiance that lasted longer than desired becsuse of its unfamiliar tone. Shook our house too and we live on townelake.
Razr

United States

#28 Mar 29, 2013
breexy wrote:
Yesterday morning there was a weird sound similar to thunder and a landing plane with a wide ambiance that lasted longer than desired becsuse of its unfamiliar tone. Shook our house too and we live on townelake.
No.
Dawn P

Dallas, GA

#29 May 16, 2013
We are on Cedarcrest and heard it too!
SDC

Atlanta, GA

#30 Oct 9, 2013
My wife, son and I moved to Woodstock (near Trickum and Arnold Mill - sort of rural area) in autumn 2012. During this time, we were outside at night(late evening but before midnight) and suddenly heard a most unusual boom. It seemed to come from all directions but didn't shake the house or ground although from its volume we expected it would.

About 2 weeks ago (late September 2013, early October)at about 10 PM, we heard a slightly different noise while we were outside. As if from some distance, this noise distinctly sounded like a huge crowd of people roaring in a monotone and it went on and on without changing tone or volume. At first we wondered if there could be a stadium nearby but as we continued to listen, we realized that a stadium crowd wouldn't sound like this - no change in tone or volume for such a long time.
We have heard this same sound twice since, the latest time the night before last, but both times at between 2 AM and 3 AM. The last time, neighborhood dogs began to howl.

We have tried to identify a type of sound to account for this; but we can't: it is not a natural sound that we recognize.It is not machines, coyotes, foxes, the neighbors stereo, etc. If you heard this you would realize it is something altogether different but that we can't recognize or explain.

The booming sound from a year ago sounds similar to others' descriptions here (and reported elsewhere worldwide); but has anyone heard anything similar to the other sound I'm describing - a monotone and slightly distant sounding roar that sounds like a great many people roaring all at once but that goes on and on and is decidely not a lot of people?

“Responsibility. Look into it. ”

Since: Nov 11

Location hidden

#31 Feb 2, 2014
Is it like these sounds? Because I've been hearing them in Cartersville, too.

PAUL

Tucker, GA

#32 Apr 22, 2014
Greg wrote:
Came across this post bc my brother and I have been listening to what sounds like a metallic humming noise in the sky over what would be the direction of 575/92 in the Woodstock area. This has been going on for about 40 minutes with no gap. All it does is changes frequency and the pitch but otherwise it has not subsided. We at first thought a plane, then maybe the recycling plant and then lastly Dixie Speedway but we have realized all those are not it due to logic. Has anyone else heard it or have any ideas on what it may be?
Current time is 11:20, started around 10:40, still ongoing.
Omg I hear that same humming sound you describe, at first it sounds like a large plan but then again its a totally different low humming tone and sounds like 20 planes starting at once I live by Dobbin AFB and I hear it around 11 as well almost same time as you describe I really am curious on what this could be I have lived on many different bases and near many bases in the us but never have I heard anything like this its starting to be obvious something is going on... pls respond if anyone can include anything
PAUL

Tucker, GA

#33 Apr 22, 2014
Yes its almost like the loud overhead played during the time when people pray in the mid east its like a continous hammmmmmm slight changes in tone every now and then but yes! Im not the only one...it seems to come from the AFB dobbins
SDC wrote:
My wife, son and I moved to Woodstock (near Trickum and Arnold Mill - sort of rural area) in autumn 2012. During this time, we were outside at night(late evening but before midnight) and suddenly heard a most unusual boom. It seemed to come from all directions but didn't shake the house or ground although from its volume we expected it would.
About 2 weeks ago (late September 2013, early October)at about 10 PM, we heard a slightly different noise while we were outside. As if from some distance, this noise distinctly sounded like a huge crowd of people roaring in a monotone and it went on and on without changing tone or volume. At first we wondered if there could be a stadium nearby but as we continued to listen, we realized that a stadium crowd wouldn't sound like this - no change in tone or volume for such a long time.
We have heard this same sound twice since, the latest time the night before last, but both times at between 2 AM and 3 AM. The last time, neighborhood dogs began to howl.
We have tried to identify a type of sound to account for this; but we can't: it is not a natural sound that we recognize.It is not machines, coyotes, foxes, the neighbors stereo, etc. If you heard this you would realize it is something altogether different but that we can't recognize or explain.
The booming sound from a year ago sounds similar to others' descriptions here (and reported elsewhere worldwide); but has anyone heard anything similar to the other sound I'm describing - a monotone and slightly distant sounding roar that sounds like a great many people roaring all at once but that goes on and on and is decidely not a lot of people?
Funky Bella

Woodstock, GA

#34 Jun 28, 2014
About 7:00pm on 06/26/14 a VERY low flying single person helicopter was flying over the Towne Lake Hills Golf Course. It was below the level of my deck when I saw it fly by. I thought it was crashing and was getting ready for the explosion and ready to run to help the person flying it. It missed the tops of the trees by a few feet and flew over again. I saw the guy in the helicopter actually flying it. The door was open so I saw his blue and white striped shirt. It was scary and extremely dangerous as he could have hit any of our houses on this part of the golf course.

Does anyone know anything about this? I've contacted the sheriffs department but they have heard nothing.

Unless this guy is on a police mission of some sort he needs his license revoked.

I can't believe someone would go to this extreme for losing a ball...LOL!

If you know anything, please respond.
Mr Moon

Roswell, GA

#35 Aug 17, 2014
I have recently moved to the Roswell area from NY (within the last year) and I constantly hear this noise- at least once per day! It's like a rumbling with no real direction, sometimes it's so loud I can hear it in the house. It's not really anything I've heard before. It sounds like a mixture of thunder and a jet engine for a few minutes at a time and then it goes away. Strangest thing! I've asked just about everyone and most either have no idea what I'm talking about or just tell me it's thunder (even on a clear, sunny day)
Jamerson Road Area

Marietta, GA

#36 Oct 7, 2014
Again, live in the same area - Saturday 3AM on September 27th 2014 - reverberating sound loud for about 7 or 8 seconds. I also have heard the same sounds back in 2012.
Dlassiter

Dallas, GA

#37 Oct 13, 2014
How come no one has mentioned Dobbins AFB? I live in the Dallas/Acworth area off Cedarcrest and know that we are on some type of flight pattern for Dobbins because we always have huge carriers flying low overhead as well as a lot of helicopters. The Raptor F-22 was developed here in Marietta and assembled at Dobbins. I know production stopped in 2012 but it's not a far reach to think something else isn't being tested in the area.
ragnatello

Marietta, GA

#38 Nov 16, 2014
It just happened 5 minutes ago. Im in east cobb. Anyone else?
Jessica V

Woodstock, GA

#39 Dec 8, 2014
Yankee wrote:
I dont want to sound like a smart alec but is it possible that what you heard was a snow plow going up and down the street? I lived up north most of my life and those trucks driving with the plows scraping against the pavement can make an awfull noise. If you are not used to it, it can be a little alarming. Just a thought....
No, not a snow plow. They (heli's) have been flying over last 2 days.
Jessica V

Woodstock, GA

#40 Dec 8, 2014
Yes, we just saw helicopters the last two days. Just now, it look like it was spraying something. Very strange. We need to look into this...we live off 92.
Elizabeth

Marietta, GA

#41 Dec 8, 2014
Jessica V wrote:
Yes, we just saw helicopters the last two days. Just now, it look like it was spraying something. Very strange. We need to look into this...we live off 92.
In East Cobb, we have had grey helicopters flying slow and low all around for at least a few days. They are at it again this morning as I'm in my office working. It sounds like it just keeps making loops in the general area and goes off again. I was afraid they may be doing some kind of man hunt! I'll try to look and see if I notice any spray coming from it. Very strange.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Kennesaw Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Pain Relief Clinic - anybody go there?- also an... (May '12) 41 min Saddened 27
Chris Wingard (Jun '14) Dec 11 Skank Sinatra 4
Blacks moving into Towne Lake Dec 11 Geo Wallis 5
Hwy 92 speeding tickets Dec 11 Love Is The Answer 3
Phillip Joshua Lollie Dec 10 Speedy Sanchez 4
naughty stuff (Oct '13) Dec 10 Dirty Dirk Donker 4
Anyone looking for a job this holiday season!!! Dec 8 Shanaynay Washington 2

Kennesaw Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance