Mom, 3 kids found shot to death near ...

Mom, 3 kids found shot to death near New Orleans

There are 5 comments on the www.cbsnews.com story from Jul 13, 2011, titled Mom, 3 kids found shot to death near New Orleans. In it, www.cbsnews.com reports that:

A woman from Kenner, La., a suburb near New Orleans, was found dead inside her home by her husband Tuesday, lying atop the bodies of her three children, all of whom had died from apparent gunshot wounds, reports CBS affiliate WWL-TV.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.cbsnews.com.

“It's a Brand New Day”

Since: Feb 06

New Rochelle

#1 Jul 13, 2011
This may have been a case of despair...

If you find your life is without a place to flee; if you are cornered, and have no optiopns; if you cannot bear the pressure anymore...

call 1-800-273-TALK (8255)
http://www.suicidepreventionlifeline.org/

Since: Aug 10

Decatur, GA

#2 Jul 13, 2011
Remember the stories of wealthy people who lost everything during the Depression and jumped from windows? This is the same thing, only at the opposite end of the economical scale.

This r(d)ecession has hit the lower middle class the hardest. These are people struggling to hold on to what tiny little bit they have and even THAT is being yanked away from them.

In ten years I have watched my buying power shrink down to paycheck to paycheck. I bought my car in 2001. At that time it took about $22.00 a week to fill it up and I go back and forth to work and little else. These days it takes about $53.00 a week to fill it up. That is a HUGE jump.

Buy another car? Well, in the long run I'm coming out ahead because the gas it still cheaper than making a car payment on a new car, but this is an example of how much of my income I'm losing.
(there is no public transportation to where I work).

Next big hit I took was property taxes. My mortgage payment has gone up nearly $200.00 in the last two years. Now my propety is worth about 40% less than what it was 3 years ago, but my county rushed through two tax hikes BEFORE the new tax accessments dropped everyone's property values. Sneaky, huh?

Year before last no one where I work got a raise.(I'll bet all the execs got bonuses, though). This past year everyone got a raise so small I was tempted to give it back.

Now along with the rising utility bills and food prices I have watched my income dwindle away to where I am now JUST able to meet my monthly obligations. No credit cards, no other expenses. Just living.

It was DH's income that gave us the extra for savings and other things, but since that's gone we're cutting it close.

So, yes, I can understand someone's despair. Killing their children? No. But the struggle some people are facing is sometimes more than they can bear. If you've ever worked hard for something and then, through no fault of your own, had it taken away then it can be a horrible blow. Here you are doing all the right things yet every which way you turn something is against you. It's a terrible feeling. Something I've only experienced myself in the last several years and hope to never experience again.

And then you have the arrogant know-it-all's who think it's their right to tell you what a unsuccessful, uneducated, poor decision-making loser you are even though they don't know you from Adam. Like the overpaid radio pundits they listen to, they are bullies who use other people's misfortunes to entertain themselves with.

I do feel sorry for this woman. NOT for killing her children. That is inexcusable. But for her feelings of hopelessness that don't seem to be all that rare in this nation anymore.
WOODCHUCK

North Port, FL

#5 Jul 13, 2011
Blame FEMA..AGAIN!..BUSH TOO,....what with BILLIONS poured into NOLA,and all the Social Programs,Safety nets,and now a Liberal administration who made a career of Blaming other..this is on their watch!...they still are SCREWING up with the BP thing.....Missouri also..a FUBAR of The "DICK' men!!

Mothers who kill their kids invariably are troubled ,and sick people....An Inconceivable act!...Yet we have had in recent time seen a lot of mothers Murdering their Kids.....There are 11 Women on Death Row for Killing Their Kids.

Moms are made of sterner stuff,than theses exceptions...Moms are the strengths of any culture and nation.....

Infanticide,and Abortions often signal some corrosion of a society....We have that Legally now!...but to murder grown children is indicative of not any normal condition other than of a sick mind!!

"THE DEVIL MADE ME DO IT has tragic meaning here..the DEMONS in that women's mind have won!

“It's a Brand New Day”

Since: Feb 06

New Rochelle

#6 Jul 14, 2011
WOODCHUCK wrote:
Blame FEMA..AGAIN!..BUSH TOO,....what with BILLIONS poured into NOLA,and all the Social Programs,Safety nets,and now a Liberal administration who made a career of Blaming other..this is on their watch!...they still are SCREWING up with the BP thing.....Missouri also..a FUBAR of The "DICK' men!!
Mothers who kill their kids invariably are troubled ,and sick people....An Inconceivable act!...Yet we have had in recent time seen a lot of mothers Murdering their Kids.....There are 11 Women on Death Row for Killing Their Kids.
Moms are made of sterner stuff,than theses exceptions...Moms are the strengths of any culture and nation.....
Infanticide,and Abortions often signal some corrosion of a society....We have that Legally now!...but to murder grown children is indicative of not any normal condition other than of a sick mind!!
"THE DEVIL MADE ME DO IT has tragic meaning here..the DEMONS in that women's mind have won!
There is no doubt that something was wrong in her head.

There is not doubt that the greed on the GW Bush administration pushed many people over the edge, and probably her; (not just of sanity, but of poverty.)

There is no doubt that her sad and foolish weakness robbed her children of the most precious gift we still enjoy.

I cry for the father of the children. What must life hold? What an a heart endure?
Precious

Harvey, LA

#7 Jul 14, 2011
May god be with the father. I can't imagine losing my whole family

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Kenner Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 4 hr Budv44 21,383
i'm sorry that amazon passed you up new orleans... Jan 19 therealthomas 1
Cohen High School and principal Arlene Kennedy (Nov '07) Jan 19 boop 316
Are there Jan 15 city 4
Poll Who is responsible for the Oil Spill? (May '10) Jan 13 Shrimpdog 1,010
Codys Medical and Travel Expenses Jan 13 coushatta 2
News Bridge jumper wanted in murder cases (Aug '11) Aug '17 fele37 11

Kenner Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Kenner Mortgages