voters reject all 6 millages

voters reject all 6 millages

There are 1 comment on the Times-Picayune story from Apr 3, 2011, titled voters reject all 6 millages. In it, Times-Picayune reports that:

Kenner Mayor Mike Yenni said voters sent him a strong message by convincingly defeating all six property taxes on Saturday's ballot -- including three renewals -- which largely would have benefited police and fire.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Times-Picayune.

Ed P

Kenner, LA

#1 Apr 3, 2011
How can someone who lives at his mothers home possibly know what it is like to have to pay household expenses. Have you had to fill up your city supplied 50k suv out of your own pocket? Have you gone to the grocery store yet and tried purchase food to feed your family? Do you pay the insurances on the vehicle you drive, the home you live in, the family you support? NO you do not. You have no sence of reality for the average real working person who has to be deficient neutral each and every month. I like every one else in Kenner has to tighten our belts to make this possible. Mr. Yenni do some belt tightening of your own, instead of thinking you can just feed off the publics pocket like you have always done. I hope you and your buddies finally realize We the people that have to actually pay real bills are tired of being taxed more and more every year.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Kenner Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Are there 5 hr X Agent 10
to many mexicans in new orleans (Jun '06) 18 hr Mr martinez 186
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 18 hr Tyrone Abdul Carp 21,440
Keith Ely where is he Mon my mom 1
Manny Randazzo Bad Customer Service Feb 17 Manny Randazzo Ho... 1
Poll Who is responsible for the Oil Spill? (May '10) Feb 11 Tibs 1,011
News Would-be Algiers robber shoots at person who fo... Feb 11 idols no more 1

Kenner Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Kenner Mortgages