Sanford, The Armpit of Maine

Posted in the Kennebunk Forum

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Anonymous

Plainfield, NJ

#1 Dec 30, 2008
I still wonder why I live in this town. I grew up here and I'm back here for personal reasons. I see no changes in people, places and things. The same people always doing drugs and drinking heavily are still doing the same things. The school systems sucks. Sanford Cops - won't even go there. I am not sure that their sunglasses are big enough for their ego.

Now let's talk about the Methadone clinic. I think it's perfectly ok that Sanford provides space for one, but I think they need to take a look at the clinics and weigh out what type of clinic in their town they want. Metro is one of the most antiquated and dump around. Again, don't get me wrong - I am not saying there isn't a place for a clinic in Sanford, but do some research people!

Baggers at grocery stores. Do you get trained for your jobs? Putting in dishwashing liquid and fabric softener sheets with apples?

How many Dunkin Donuts does Sanford actually need?

How many hair salons does Sanford really need? I mean, isn't the town saturated with them? Saundarya is the best around. Forget the knock-offs.

Class reunions. Do you really care about people that you never talked to or liked in high school - do you want to talk to them now? The same old clicks stay together.

Chris Fraize. Need I say more? Can we say dog cruelty? Can we say asswipe? Can we say I wouldn't use you if you were the last trainer on earth?

CSI is a joke.

No worries, I'll be moving first chance I get and the time is right. Right the hell out of Maine.
Response to the Loser

Marshall, MN

#2 Jan 12, 2009
I moved to Springvale 24 years ago, purchased a local business, raised two sons who graduated with honors from the Sanford schools. Both went to good colleges, graduated, and moved back to Maine and have been very successful.

It is definitely time for you to move. What have you done to better Sanford?? NOTHING I'm sure. You're the loser, not Sanford. YOU get off your loser butt and start a business and contribute to the local economy before you start throwing stones.
Mark

United States

#3 Jan 12, 2009
CSI is a "joke" because of Sanford, Maine? Isn't it a TV show with absolutely no ties to Maine (let alone Sanford) what-so-ever? Grocery bagging is suddenly a highly-educated requirement in everyplace BUT Sanford, Maine? Class reunions are more meaningful everywhere EXCEPT Sanford, Maine? No other town in the Eastern U.S. has a multitude of Dunkin Donuts BUT Sanford, Maine? Is a town really viable because of how many hair salons or clinics it has or doesn't have? Do you have any more NON-RELEVANT examples you can give us in your pathetic attempt to make your ridiculous point????
community member

Yarmouth, ME

#4 Jan 22, 2009
A town can only be as good as the people willing to help it.
Angry Teenager

South Portland, ME

#5 Jan 27, 2009
I attend SHS, and I too believe this is the worst town in Maine. I mean we have the war zone (aka, thompson, Island ave and brook st) then we have the ghetto, plus we have wanna be gangsters. Who cares if we have two dunkin doughnuts. We also have an Aroma Joes, does that piss you off too. And Dumbass CSI is Counsiling Services inc. fucking dumbass. Once I graduate I plan on leaving this shit hole, and moving as far away as I can. If sanford pisses you off don't live here, unless you have to and if you do deal with it. Saundarya, is not the best place around, fucking fake ass bitches. If you want to get your hair done, find someplace else, im waiting for Saundarya's to go out of business. There is nothing to do here after teen night at the club got shut down.
So long and fairwell to skankford
buddums66

Sanford, ME

#6 Jan 28, 2009
I live in Springvale , married and drive a schoolbus in this town of Sanford . I was raised in Sanford with my Grandmother. I know how this town is , and 2 xs in the last 5 mos , someone has been a fire bug in this area , and i'm getting scared. If I get the chance , i will be moving out of this state, i'm handicapped and they say i make too much . this really sucks. I agree with u all about sanford.
Grateful

Sanford, ME

#7 Mar 5, 2009
I was raised in Sanford.It has changed from when I was little but that is due to growth. I do find that a lot of low income people move here because of the handouts. I don't feel though it's the armpit of Maine. That bothered me that someone feels that way. It's probably because they are not happy with themselves or their life in general. The grass is not always greener on the other side. No matter where you go!
Think about it
Grateful

Sanford, ME

#8 Mar 5, 2009
I think someone needs love:)

“Down in the Bayou”

Since: Apr 08

Vancleave Mississippi

#9 Mar 12, 2009
we should give maine back to canada...
Mike

Somersworth, NH

#10 Mar 19, 2009
To all of you who are unhappy with your lives in Sanford, do us all a really big favor.....LEAVE!!!!!!! I am sure myself and others on here will help you pack.
Ruth

Southwest Harbor, ME

#11 Mar 19, 2009
I moved from Springvale to Sanford back in 1952 and have been here ever since. We Raised 5 children and they seemed to have faired pretty well.
Don't know why anyone would not want to live here, quite a few people have moved back to town because they found out that the "grass is no greener" elsewhere.
No matter where you live, there will be problems but you just have to "hang tough" and do your part as a good citizen and participate!
Some1

Augusta, ME

#12 Apr 17, 2009
The CSI they would be referring to would be a place that you call for mental health issues and such, I believe it is Counseling Services Inc or something of that sort. And as for the bagging thing I was trained for a couple hours in how to correctly bag groceries, so I also get P*ed off when someone puts cleaners in with my food, or meats in with ANYTHING else, it is disgusting and easily common sense. Sanford is a joke, yes some good people come out, but seriously, that town is disgustingly Awful!
Mark wrote:
CSI is a "joke" because of Sanford, Maine? Isn't it a TV show with absolutely no ties to Maine (let alone Sanford) what-so-ever? Grocery bagging is suddenly a highly-educated requirement in everyplace BUT Sanford, Maine? Class reunions are more meaningful everywhere EXCEPT Sanford, Maine? No other town in the Eastern U.S. has a multitude of Dunkin Donuts BUT Sanford, Maine? Is a town really viable because of how many hair salons or clinics it has or doesn't have? Do you have any more NON-RELEVANT examples you can give us in your pathetic attempt to make your ridiculous point????
local teenager

Sanford, ME

#13 Apr 21, 2009
ok who ever said thompson island ave and brook street are war zones is an idiot those three streets are nothing i spent 10 years on brook street and still think its a joke

yea sanfords a trash town but is nowhere near the worst in sanford the only reason this town is bad is because you have the younger generations thinking its funny to destroy every new thing that gets put up and the cops being on their high horses thinking they own the town and thinking everyone is afraid of them when in reality everyone laughs at them because there idiots
local teenager

Sanford, ME

#14 Apr 21, 2009
in maine i ment
BlankMan

Vinita, OK

#15 May 24, 2009
I just moved away from Sanford after being gone for 20yrs, lol believe me I should have stayed gone! Sanford is full of loosers and loose women, but I guess that is fine for some. The Local Law SUCKS ASS! And what the hell is there too do in Sanford, I mean it went from HootNanies, too well how many clubs have been in and out of the plaza, right too many I cant even name them. And Brook St, there is nothing wrong with it I lived there for two years never had a problem. Well the only thing I can say is I am glad I am gone once again. Someone should probally just drop the Bomb on the whole town. Rid the world of Skankford.
gryphon

Barstow, CA

#16 May 27, 2009
You do not know how good you have it in Sanford-Springvale. I live in the area when not deployed to place referred to as the "sand box". A lifetime of traveling around the US and world grants a good chance to compare and contrast. Do not like your local law enforcement? Try a place without it or aligned with terrorists, organized crime, etc. Hate school? Try to figure out what you would do with out one. You would not be able to read and post your blogs. Do not like the way your groceries are packed? Go a month or so without a market or clean water to use your dish washing soap improperly packed. If you fall down in Sanford, figuratively or literally someone will help or assist you. I have meet many professional and fair people doing business and making a life in the area. Socially I have meet nice, considerate people that return common courtisies and sense when given to them. It amazes me someone would take the time to complain about there town and do nothing about it besides complain. You post a weak contribution on the internet, a tool and means to educate and help yourself do what you want, maybe depart (?), yet can not see the blessing of being in Sanford. I was away from New England for many years and it was a blessing to return, find, and earn a place in Sanford-Springvale.
left10yrs ago

United States

#17 Jun 1, 2009
and I don't miss it for a minute! The ONLY thing Florida doesn't have that I miss is Dunkin Donuts.
What I do have here is a strong Christian support, a moral community and a cleaner environment. I LOVE it HERE. If you know that nothing is ever going to change in Sanford, leave. Make your life worth living. I snorkel all year long and the town never shuts down because of a snow storm. I haven't had to shovel my driveway once in ten years to get to work! God blessed me when I left Sanford!
Springvale Resident

Sanford, ME

#18 Jun 17, 2009
You sound like someone who is never Happy about anything anywhere anytime. Get a Life!
Springvale Resident

Sanford, ME

#19 Jun 17, 2009
Please Leave soon! Brooklyn awaits your loser attitude!
Maine Transplant

Lewiston, ME

#20 Jun 21, 2009
It is interesting to note that the hostile "Sanford haters" also seem to be somewhat illiterate and unable to express themselves without profanity. Perhaps their problems and unhappiness lie not in their towns, but in themselves? Having lived in the deep South, MA, and then ME, I have found that community is what you make it and no place is inherently better than another. Personal attitude colors it all.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Kennebunk Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Kennebunk Music Thread (May '12) Jul 26 Musikologist 18
Searching for a Sanford park Jul 22 Geocache11 1
It's The PRINCIPLE Jul 6 Willie McCoy 1
News Maine woman pleads guilty to stealing wreaths f... Jul '15 intothelight 5
Oakwood traffic Jun '15 Gilbert 1
News Powassan - A Survivor's Story Jun '15 Nun Yah 1
News Add comment (Jul '11) May '15 Mihal 4
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Kennebunk Mortgages