Yorkie Owner

Cranford, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 21, 2009

My dog had red abrasions on his scalp. The owner was rude when I asked for a pick-up time after 3 hours. She kept insisting she could give me no pickup time. I told her I was not rushing her but the snow was worsening and I had a sick child at home and needed a time frame. She told me to come and get my dog in 30 min and he would just have a bath. I said I did not want this and wanted the whole service and she said "Come and get your dog now". When I got there, she demanded $26 or no dog. I told her I did not authorize this service. She called the police and told them I refused to pay her. The policeman said "$26 for a bath?". I asked for a price list and she said she had none and no prices were posted. Clearly I was being overcharged.I had no choice but to pay to get my dog back. When I returned home, I noticed a pinkish hue on his scalp, slight bleeding from abrasions. I am submitting my picture of his head to the Cranford Police Dept for their report. This shop owner is abusive to pets and their owners.
lisa

Scotch Plains, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2010

Not only bad service but the owner is so rude, think she knows everything and i really don't think she has much of a business.
cute dog owner

Cranford, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2010

the owner is just so rude. my dog does get a good cut (there is a nice groomer at the place) but it scares me that when i take my dog to the shop she shivers with fear. she has been groomed elsewhere and not been fearful. So i worry about the place. But, to be fair, my dog looks great when she is done and there are no outward signs of problems>
My Dog

Cranford, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2011

My Bella loves going there. She practically drags me to the door. And she is always groomed quickly, and looks nice when she is done. I just wish they worked evenings.
anon

Mountainside, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 10, 2011

I tried it once when it first opened...NEVER AGAIN! Everytime I pass it, I am amazed it is still in business.
Doggie DONT

Mountainside, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 1, 2011

HORRIBLE!!! The wretched owner is nasty and unprofessional, but, more importantly, when I got my dog home he kept licking and licking what looked to be some sort of an insect bite in his genital area. I took him to the vet the next day because it seemed to really be bothering him and it turns out I paid $95 to my vet to have him tell me that the groomer had nicked him with the clippers. All I kept thinking was that my dog HAD to have SCREAMED when that happened and they didn't even have the decency to let me know so that I wouldn't be worried when I finally discovered it.
Also, FYI, they charge $20 for every half-hour you are running late to pick your dog up.
Katie

Richmond Hill, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2013

The owner is extremely rude & creepy ! She doesn't listen and is not professional... Negative energy all around her.
Frank

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 30, 2013

I have literally never once given my opinion about anything via the internet but I have to take the time to tell people that this place this place is the absolute worst. The owner is awful and instead of explaining things to a new dog owner like myself she just continuously made rude and unnecessary comments, until I took the dog from her hands and told her I would never take my dog there again. Do yourself a favor and go somewhere else.
Debbie NJ

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 1, 2013

Not only is this place the worst my dog was hospitalized as a result of the butchery of the groomer ..4 staples later ..Do yourself and your pet a favor stay out of this flea infested hell hole ..The owner is a sick person and a racist to boot .. It should be closed down !

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Kenilworth Discussions

Search the Kenilworth Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Attention Neighbors on East Grant Avenue 500 bl... Jul 19 flipityflop 1
Remembering the Kenilworth Inn Jul 19 flipityflop 1
707 Smart Skins offers Protective Skins for Pax... Jun 28 Angelo Richichi 2
Mental health access still far away for many Jun '14 Dr Basim Elhabashy 2
Paranormal New Jersey: Ghost hunters espouse 'p... Jun '14 Parafaggotry 1
Curious about a 30 year old murder (Apr '06) May '14 Donna Bladis 277
Basement Wall Repairs May '14 Cynthia Sarmiento 1
•••
•••