DTeix

Linden, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 7, 2012

Exactly, I would of course like to have support from the family and their "OK" to do so. People still seem scared to talk about it. I wonder if the people of Springfield even remember, if its in the back of their heads? There are ways of bringing the past back into the present and reminding people.. People maybe "scared" but Im not..
FormerSummitGal

Washington, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 7, 2012

DTeix wrote:
Exactly, I would of course like to have support from the family and their "OK" to do so. People still seem scared to talk about it. I wonder if the people of Springfield even remember, if its in the back of their heads? There are ways of bringing the past back into the present and reminding people.. People maybe "scared" but Im not..
I hope you are able to put something together and get this unsolved murder the attention it deserves.
DTeix

Linden, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 7, 2012

I can only do so much by myself. But I will put something together. I remember there being a "Paul" on this forum maybe or a different one that was also speaking of doing a documentary. I wonder whatever happened to him? If Paul reads this please contact me and lets make this happen. I will do it regardless.
want to help

Somerset, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 8, 2012

Many years ago, someone told my brother in law that he was present when Jeanette was murdered. Unfortunately, they are both dead now. The person who said he was present is Jeanette's friend's brother. The friend is Donna (she's dead) and her brother's name was Mark. They have one living sibling, his name is Richie. He lives in the Bridgewater area. Cindy should know his last name by this information. You should find out who else Mark was friends with back then and interview them.
Mark, Donna and Richie are from a very wealthy and powerful family.
cindy

Bound Brook, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 8, 2012

want to help wrote:
Many years ago, someone told my brother in law that he was present when Jeanette was murdered. Unfortunately, they are both dead now. The person who said he was present is Jeanette's friend's brother. The friend is Donna (she's dead) and her brother's name was Mark. They have one living sibling, his name is Richie. He lives in the Bridgewater area. Cindy should know his last name by this information. You should find out who else Mark was friends with back then and interview them.
Mark, Donna and Richie are from a very wealthy and powerful family.
Last name Bladis?
want to help

Somerset, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 8, 2012

Yes. Mark told someone he was there that night.
want to help

Somerset, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 8, 2012

I want to be clear that I am not accusing him of murdering her, but he told my brother in law that he was present when she was murdered. I saw and earlier mention of a party at his house family's that night and would explain why there was a cover up. Chances are that your sister was at the party. Maybe you can find out who else was there and maybe they are finally ready to give information that they were too afraid to give back then. That area is a very corrupt and the cops protect the wealthy even if they are criminals, believe me about that. I was a young girl when it happened. I remember my sisters and I were not allowed to go trick or treating that Halloween because the cops told us there were people called the "witches" looking to kill other children. Jeanette's murder was tragic. For years I was obsessed with tyring to find out what happened to her. I forgot about it and was reminded when I read this blog. If it is true that a person cannot be at peace until their murderer is revealed, then I think we all owe it to her to try our best to uncover the truth. My prayers are with you, Cindy. I can't imagine how this has haunted you and your family for years.
DTeix

Linden, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 8, 2012

I would love to get in contact with that sibling.

I hope I can get it the attention it deserves as well. People are in fear of "getting too close" not me!!

Any help or information will be greatly appreciated.
cindy

Bound Brook, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 9, 2012

want to help wrote:
I want to be clear that I am not accusing him of murdering her, but he told my brother in law that he was present when she was murdered. I saw and earlier mention of a party at his house family's that night and would explain why there was a cover up. Chances are that your sister was at the party. Maybe you can find out who else was there and maybe they are finally ready to give information that they were too afraid to give back then. That area is a very corrupt and the cops protect the wealthy even if they are criminals, believe me about that. I was a young girl when it happened. I remember my sisters and I were not allowed to go trick or treating that Halloween because the cops told us there were people called the "witches" looking to kill other children. Jeanette's murder was tragic. For years I was obsessed with tyring to find out what happened to her. I forgot about it and was reminded when I read this blog. If it is true that a person cannot be at peace until their murderer is revealed, then I think we all owe it to her to try our best to uncover the truth. My prayers are with you, Cindy. I can't imagine how this has haunted you and your family for years.
Thank you for your post. Sept. 19 will be 40 years. I spent all these years wondering what happened to my sister, my best friend. If anyone else reads this and knows anything please come forward. Its time to end this 40 year old murder.
DTeix

Linden, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 9, 2012

It is time to come to an end and bring peace to the whole family. I do not believe that it will end on a forum. More has to be done. I am willing to use all my resources.
Court

Philadelphia, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 18, 2012

I think those who comment and read this forum should take into consideration that this is on the internet, and anyone on here could by lying, or looking for something to do. I'm not saying that anyone is, but there is no proof that anyone is related to Jeanette, and even if they are I'm not sure how they wouldn't know details on the case, considering the police, regardless of their competence, would have had conversation with the family about what was going on. For example, the police would have told the family that they thought she could have went to a party instead of the train station. My thoughts are while at the party, like a normal teenager, Jeanette probably consumed alcohol, as did the other kids. There are two rumors that could possibly fit in with the story. To the boy who supposedly had affection for Jeanette and she did not want to return it, he could have accidentally killed her in anger, possibly even raped her, which would make sense about why he killed himself, which would make even more sense about how no one found the killer. If I could I would look further into the actual existence of a supposed kid. There's also this supposed "Red" who lived in the woods and was a hitch hiker or whoever. That would explain why she was found in the woods and why they never found the killer, because he traveled and was never really identified. Myths alluding to a satanic ritual or animals found tied to trees and arrows leading to the body are a whole other level of confusion. If that's really true, the case should be reopened and the police officers at the scene should be interviewed for what they remember. Regardless, the case could be reopened and I think it should be because Jeanette deserves to finally rest, but because of the flood or whatever natural disaster in 1999, there's probably little to know evidence left, which makes it almost impossible to open. I think if there was a party, which is likely, Donna and others there should be interviewed on where they last saw Jeanette and if she left with anyone. Then again, she could have been abducted if she really was going to the train station. It could have been by "Red", or anyone. Which is why and expert, which is probably none of us, should be brought into consideration. I am also truly sorry for the family members and friends of this case, and I'm sorry I'm commenting on it, but I find it incredibly intriguing, and a documentary would definitely help to spark back up curiosity across the country.
Court

Philadelphia, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 18, 2012

Cindy and others who are related I am also incredibly sorry for your loss, I lost my own sister in 2006, I feel your pain. I understand your need for answers, I wish I could help but I have little to no information on this topic.
DTeix

Linden, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 19, 2012

40 Years ago Today.....

Rest in Peace Jeannette..
DTeix

Linden, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 19, 2012

WeirdNJ reprints another article on Jeannette:

http://weirdnj.com/weird-news/jeannette-depal...

R.I.P Jeannette
mikeyP

Kearny, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 19, 2012

Rest in peace Jeanette. There are more then a few of us that are thinking about you today
Veritas vos liberabit

Portland, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2012

DTeix

Linden, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 5, 2012

The website listed above was created by us in hopes of receiving more information.
paul

Hoboken, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 12, 2012

Hi D-Teix,
yes i tried to release a documentary/movie on this case only to be told to back off by a family member.
i was told i had a bad attitude and that if i was to pursue there would be legal action taken so i dropped it.but after 3 years of researching with no family input one tends to lose his cool but like i always said i wish them the best of luck on this case i really hope it get's solved.what i can say is don't believe everything you read because i know facts not lies that were printed!hopefully you will have better luck with the family,i know were outsiders and can't feel there pain but they also must know were just trying to help.good luck on your project.... God bless
phillip

West Alexandria, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 5, 2013

I want to preface this with I am in no way affiliated with the family or know any additional details about this tragic death of a young lady.

I am a young man who has never been to NJ and I live far away but I stumbled upon this with a curiosity and willingness to add fresh thought that might be helpful to anyone closer to the case than I.

I know no words or time can remedy the pain of losing someone especially in the manner in which she was lost, and I know sympathies from a stranger don't mean much but my heart goes out to all the family and friends who are grieving and still searching for answers. It is always the burden of extreme sadness that brings people together. With that being said I would like to add a few thoughts that may not have been mentioned before.

Has anyone in the family had access to what files are left on the case? I know that anyone whose a private investigator has a legal right to look at the file.

Also the anon letters weirdnj were sent would have fingerprints on them yes? And if the DA felt those people were withholding new evidence a DNA analysis of those fingerprints might turn up who sent them and those people could be subpoenaed into talking

Also I know this is a stretch but wouldnt her clothing have DNA all over it, was that evidence lost?

Was there a toxicology report or rape kit done on the poor girl? That would have been standard procedure even in the 70s.

There also seems to be a lot of unsolved murders in the same general area in that time of young women, has anyone compiled a list of all the unsolved murders and seen if there are any connecting information to them? The looks of the girls, manner in which they died or were found, mutual friends, etc

Also upwards of 85 percent of young women murdered it was because of someone they knew. School mate, someone from church, local adult, etc.

I hope that helps anyone interested or vested in this.

I can be reached at phillipmeek@Gmail.com
A citizen

Celina, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 5, 2013

"Also the anon letters weirdnj were sent would have fingerprints on them yes? And if the DA felt those people were withholding new evidence a DNA analysis of those fingerprints might turn up who sent them and those people could be subpoenaed into talking"

- Weird NJ received hundreds of anonymous "tips" over the years that were forwarded to the Springfield Police. "DNA testing" every single letter would require a lot of money and probable cause. The fact of the matter is, most of the letters Weird NJ received are similar to the posts on here, ie: "I remember this case, I think so-and-so must have done it!"

"Also I know this is a stretch but wouldnt her clothing have DNA all over it, was that evidence lost?"

- DNA was not used in forensic investigations until the late 1980's, and most departments weren't capable of testing until the 1990's. Also, her clothing was laying out in the open for nearly 2 months, leaving the possibility of finding any DNA (if any had even been left) very slim. According to the Springfield PD and members of the town council, all evidence was lost.

"Was there a toxicology report or rape kit done on the poor girl? That would have been standard procedure even in the 70s."

- The body was little more than a skeleton, leaving a toxicology report and rape kit impossible.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 201 - 220 of274
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••

Kenilworth News Video

•••
•••

Kenilworth Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Kenilworth People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••