Curious about a 30 year old murder
mrsmac

Westwood, NJ

#183 Nov 9, 2011
will do
mrsmac

Westwood, NJ

#184 Nov 10, 2011
Got a call today from someone at UC. She said that Jeanette had been a student there, but she wasn't able to give me any more info other than what I had already told her about being there in l971. They do have transcripts, though, and they can release them only to a family member. If Cindy wants to get that info, she can send a request to Barbara McKenna who is a guidance counselor there. Maybe there might be something in her records that can help out...like I said, the police did come and interview girls about her disappearance. She did have some close girlfriends there. I believe it would be worth looking into....they had to know about certain things.....maybe they didn't want to talk about it back then...who knows. I wish I could have gotten more for you....
mel

Port Charlotte, FL

#185 Nov 10, 2011
mrsmac wrote:
Got a call today from someone at UC. She said that Jeanette had been a student there, but she wasn't able to give me any more info other than what I had already told her about being there in l971. They do have transcripts, though, and they can release them only to a family member. If Cindy wants to get that info, she can send a request to Barbara McKenna who is a guidance counselor there. Maybe there might be something in her records that can help out...like I said, the police did come and interview girls about her disappearance. She did have some close girlfriends there. I believe it would be worth looking into....they had to know about certain things.....maybe they didn't want to talk about it back then...who knows. I wish I could have gotten more for you....
good good good-it is nice to get a new piece of info!
mrsmac

Westwood, NJ

#186 Nov 10, 2011
By the way, I was also wondering where Jeanette was working when she didn't show up for work. Do you happen to know?
mel

Port Charlotte, FL

#187 Nov 11, 2011
mrsmac wrote:
By the way, I was also wondering where Jeanette was working when she didn't show up for work. Do you happen to know?
sealfons in summit
FormerSummitGirl

Washington, NJ

#188 Nov 11, 2011
mel wrote:
<quoted text>sealfons in summit
Sealfons was known as Brooks in 1971
FormerSummitGirl

Washington, NJ

#189 Nov 11, 2011
I intended to give the date as 1972.
mrsmac

Westwood, NJ

#190 Nov 11, 2011
Omg..I remember that place. yikes... Well, if I can come up with anything from anyone else, I will certainly let you know about it. Good Luck...
ed c

Willingboro, NJ

#191 Feb 12, 2012
I was a kid when Jeanette was murdered but my cousin used to go out with her sister. He swore he knew who her killer was before he died a few years ago.
Mr Man off was my parents attorney and if I remember correctly she was BASHED over the head with a statue from inside the house.
Springfield is actually somewhat famous for their many unsolved murders dating back to Mr Baltusrol. Their lack of police work in the past is almost STUNNING.
Sure hope its better now.
Cindy DePalma

Middlesex, NJ

#192 Feb 15, 2012
ed c wrote:
I was a kid when Jeanette was murdered but my cousin used to go out with her sister. He swore he knew who her killer was before he died a few years ago.
Mr Man off was my parents attorney and if I remember correctly she was BASHED over the head with a statue from inside the house.
Springfield is actually somewhat famous for their many unsolved murders dating back to Mr Baltusrol. Their lack of police work in the past is almost STUNNING.
I agree
Jesse

Dover, DE

#193 Mar 16, 2012
Hey everybody,

New to the forum. Looking (like everyone else) for new info on the case. Looking to help. Trying to separate rumor, hype, etc... from the facts.

If anyone is willing to talk, on the record or off, please contact me at jpollack1988@yahoo.com
Sam

United States

#194 Mar 22, 2012
There was a 1972 Dayton grad named David Scaeffer who was obsessed with Jeanette, a very creepy guy. The coos should have looked at him first. I doubt they did.
jake

East Orange, NJ

#195 Apr 2, 2012
Sam wrote:
There was a 1972 Dayton grad named David Scaeffer who was obsessed with Jeanette, a very creepy guy. The coos should have looked at him first. I doubt they did.
what was so creepy about him? how did you know he was obsessed with her? this seems to be a good clue for a fresh start on this case.....
Vinny

Newark, NJ

#196 Aug 30, 2012
If anyone still reads this, then great email me and tell me what kind of rumors or anything you know... Im 20(1992) years old now... and have no type of knowledge about this but this case intrigues me and I just wish everything was good for them....

My email is Vinny6420@gmail.com
cindy

South Bound Brook, NJ

#197 Aug 30, 2012
Cindy DePalma wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree

I just reread your post. Did your cousin tell you who he thought killed her? Who was your cousin? Jimmy?
cindy

South Bound Brook, NJ

#198 Aug 31, 2012
ed c wrote:
Did he tell you who he thought killed Jeannette? Was your cousin Jimmy?
DTeix

Rahway, NJ

#199 Sep 5, 2012
I remember opening the Weird NJ issue that Jeanette was featured in. I remember being immediately attached when seeing her picture. I dont know exactly how to explain this feeling but I almost felt as if I knew her. After reading the information, I had an over whelming feeling that it wasnt true. I have spent time and time again searching and reading all over the internet for more information or possibly even clues in this case. All to which have come to a dead end. Its been over 2 years since I read her story in the WeirdNJ magazine and there is not a day that goes by that I do not think of Jeanette and her story. I do not understand why exactly I seem to have some sort of inner connection to the story. I have even dreamt of her story. There is without a doubt more information lingering around. After all these years people still fear talking about what has happened. I believe that this story needs to be put into the publics eye and not just those of the surrounding Springfield, NJ area and those that were students of the high school she attended. I want to put together a documentary on this case. Inside, I feel that I need to do this. I will gladly accept any help from anyone that is willing to help.. Family members or not. Students of her what would of been graduating class. I am willing to put my time and serious effort in creating a documentary and putting it in every outlet I can to get peoples attention to this cold case in hopes of finally getting this solved. If anyone would like to help or get interviewed please email me:
DTeixLSM@gmail.com

Thank you for reading,
Daniel
unknown

East Orange, NJ

#200 Sep 6, 2012
daniel i suggest you stay put with your documentary if you dont want to get sued trust me!
DTeix

Rahway, NJ

#201 Sep 7, 2012
Sued by who?
DTS

Jersey City, NJ

#202 Sep 7, 2012
Was Weird NJ sued for publishing the story? Don't worry about unknown DTeix, I think it's an awesome idea for a documentary.

Springfield is a very strange town with many stories to tell. However, this story should be told and maybe you could find out something for the DePalma family. They deserve to know the truth.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Kenilworth Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Dave and Busters allowed to build in New Jersey 4 hr WackAMole 1
News Scott Leahy, 37, Avenel (Jul '07) Jul 26 Steve_TN 74
News Attorney for Linden officer files suit over oth... Jul 21 enoughalready 1
News Police Investigate Incident Of Man Exposing Him... Jul 16 Private Parts 1
News New Jersey American Water to resume treating wa... (Apr '14) Jul 14 optimismo 5
News Despite Rumor, Party Candidates Win Primaries Jul 8 Bob K 2
Cuban Nationals Protesting Donald Trumps Hispan... Jul 6 Batista86 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Kenilworth Mortgages