Cop charged with using spyware to tra...

Cop charged with using spyware to track his ex

There are 17 comments on the The Indianapolis Star story from Jun 9, 2007, titled Cop charged with using spyware to track his ex. In it, The Indianapolis Star reports that:

A suspended Kendallville police officer accused of using spyware to monitor the computer activity of a former girlfriend was charged Friday with two felony counts of computer tampering.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Indianapolis Star.

Rus

Indianapolis, IN

#1 Jun 9, 2007
Another example of the police thinking that they are above the law. Not only does he misuse police property, he is also a classic case of a stalker.

Bonafide policeman material, eh?
Let it go

United States

#2 Jun 9, 2007
She ain't worth it bro!
seeing is believing

Clayton, IN

#3 Jun 9, 2007
Rus wrote:
Another example of the police thinking that they are above the law. Not only does he misuse police property, he is also a classic case of a stalker.
Bonafide policeman material, eh?
He sounds like a 'control freak'......I guess he couldn't afford to pay a private detective.
Rus

Indianapolis, IN

#4 Jun 9, 2007
seeing is believing wrote:
<quoted text>He sounds like a 'control freak'......I guess he couldn't afford to pay a private detective.
Yep, that's it! A control freak. Which to me, says that he has the same mind-frame as a wife abuser. What's worse, is that he is this kind of a person in a position of authority.

Since: Dec 06

Indianapolis

#5 Jun 9, 2007
Yep how dare he. He wanted to know how many other men she was talking to before he got serios. She may even been having ceber sex with other men or camming with them as far as he knew.

Girls would you like to know what that man is doing on the computer before the day you say "I do"?
seeing is believing

Clayton, IN

#6 Jun 9, 2007
Rus wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep, that's it! A control freak. Which to me, says that he has the same mind-frame as a wife abuser. What's worse, is that he is this kind of a person in a position of authority.
I just hope I don't have to read about this woman's murder in the news someday because she was foolish enough to believe...Oh honey baby-doll....I only did it(spied)because I love you and will you marry me blah,blah,blah....?
Rus

Indianapolis, IN

#7 Jun 9, 2007
<quoted text>I just hope I don't have to read about this woman's murder in the news someday because she was foolish enough to believe...Oh honey baby-doll....I only did it(spied)because I love you and will you marry me blah,blah,blah....?
You are absolutely right!

Most often, the wife/girlfriend in cases such as this have such low self-esteem at the hands of these individuals, they fall prey to the lies they spin...only to take them back, so the viscious cycle can be repeated.

Like you said, the ol' "I only did it because I love you" line of BS. I'm sorry, and correct me if I am wrong, but...that is not love, that is one of the side trails to the road of abuse.
seeing is believing

Clayton, IN

#8 Jun 9, 2007
Rus wrote:
<quoted text>
You are absolutely right!
Most often, the wife/girlfriend in cases such as this have such low self-esteem at the hands of these individuals, they fall prey to the lies they spin...only to take them back, so the viscious cycle can be repeated.
Like you said, the ol' "I only did it because I love you" line of BS. I'm sorry, and correct me if I am wrong, but...that is not love, that is one of the side trails to the road of abuse.
Usually their are plenty of 'RED FLAGS' from the beginning of a potentially bad relationship and either one ignores those out of desperate loneliness or they are just compassionate by nature and will think that perhaps they can 'fix' the other and feel useful and needed ,when in reality they are being conned by someone who has no regard for others than to fulfill their own needs. A book I highly recommend for anyone who is wanting to avoid disaterous relationships is "The Sociopath Next Door" by Martha Stout. I found this book after I was able to escape the 'grasp' of a very bad relationship that left me totally drained and emotionally scarred and it was a big help for me to realize that I wasn't the problem....it was the 'jerk' that got me in his clutches. This is a book everybody should read and absorb it as much as possible because it explains the warning signs to beware of and in that can lead you to make better choices in future relationships.
Rus

Indianapolis, IN

#9 Jun 9, 2007
<quoted text>Usually their are plenty of 'RED FLAGS' from the beginning of a potentially bad relationship and either one ignores those out of desperate loneliness or they are just compassionate by nature and will think that perhaps they can 'fix' the other and feel useful and needed ,when in reality they are being conned by someone who has no regard for others than to fulfill their own needs. A book I highly recommend for anyone who is wanting to avoid disaterous relationships is "The Sociopath Next Door" by Martha Stout. I found this book after I was able to escape the 'grasp' of a very bad relationship that left me totally drained and emotionally scarred and it was a big help for me to realize that I wasn't the problem....it was the 'jerk' that got me in his clutches. This is a book everybody should read and absorb it as much as possible because it explains the warning signs to beware of and in that can lead you to make better choices in future relationships.
It is a sad situation, because alot of times the abused/affected person sincerely believes that they can change the person. Oftentimes the abuser has psychologically beaten the victim down so much that the victim thinks that it is their fault that the abuser acts the way they do.

A case of "If I try to do better next time or do this, he won't get mad at me or I shouldn't have done that to make him lash out, so it was my fault." Something to that effect.

NO ONE should have to put up with abuse in a relationship, no one. It is not right, never will be right, and there is no legitimate reason to put someone through that sort of treatment, ever.
seeing is believing

Clayton, IN

#10 Jun 9, 2007
Rus wrote:
<quoted text>
It is a sad situation, because alot of times the abused/affected person sincerely believes that they can change the person. Oftentimes the abuser has psychologically beaten the victim down so much that the victim thinks that it is their fault that the abuser acts the way they do.
A case of "If I try to do better next time or do this, he won't get mad at me or I shouldn't have done that to make him lash out, so it was my fault." Something to that effect.
NO ONE should have to put up with abuse in a relationship, no one. It is not right, never will be right, and there is no legitimate reason to put someone through that sort of treatment, ever.
Yes....learn the warning signs and get out at the first hint of trouble such as the 'Jekyll and Hyde' personality. Once you get emotionally hooked they can drag you down lower than you thought possible. It's better to be alone than to be in a very destructive relationship. If you value yourself and set your standards high you will meet someone who can appreciate you just as you are! PS....get a dog or a cat until the RIGHT PERSON comes along. They will never let you down or betray you and they appreciate every ounce of love you have to offer.
Rus

Indianapolis, IN

#11 Jun 9, 2007
<quoted text>Yes....learn the warning signs and get out at the first hint of trouble such as the 'Jekyll and Hyde' personality. Once you get emotionally hooked they can drag you down lower than you thought possible. It's better to be alone than to be in a very destructive relationship. If you value yourself and set your standards high you will meet someone who can appreciate you just as you are! PS....get a dog or a cat until the RIGHT PERSON comes along. They will never let you down or betray you and they appreciate every ounce of love you have to offer.
I agree 100%!
seeing is believing

Clayton, IN

#12 Jun 9, 2007
Rus wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree 100%!
lol!
Rus

Indianapolis, IN

#15 Jun 10, 2007
jen in mooresville wrote:
<quoted text>
exactly and now he is being paid for the crime
Suspended with pay...yeah, what's the friggin' point? Yeah buddy, you're in trouble, but hey...here's a little vacation for ya, until we can get this ordeal swept under the rug.~wink ~wink
hey ho

Toledo, OH

#17 Dec 15, 2014
Cops are dirty as the next person we don't need cops they don't help no one but their self
hey ho

Toledo, OH

#18 Dec 15, 2014
And make lies up on people that's not right they do what they want in maple Creast apt
hey hey

Toledo, OH

#19 Dec 16, 2014
He should be fired cops do what they want to do he can't be trusted !!!!!! Fire his ass
hey hey

Toledo, OH

#20 Dec 16, 2014
How do know it was for his women and not other people

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Kendallville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
isaac running scared (Apr '14) Oct '17 Lol 2
sorry it was verlin isaac thag got beat (Mar '14) Oct '17 Lol 2
Sal lahman (Dec '14) Apr '17 Andrews 3
News Girlfriend sobs details of slaying (Dec '06) Jun '16 smiley 22
Terry and Darlene Anderson's Murder (Jul '06) Apr '16 Archangel 55
Gov. JOHN KASICH for PRESIDENT (Jan '16) Mar '16 slide 2
News 2 Waterloo men charged with murder (Apr '07) Dec '15 Been There Done That 95

Kendallville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Kendallville Mortgages